Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I just finished watching the three finals maps, and wow, those were loving nuts. It was almost strange to see Skadoodle perform the way he was able to when I was so used to seeing him being below average for what feels like years.

Moses brought this up in the post-game analysis, but this is going to be a very exciting time for the CS scene as younger teams are starting to really find their footing and upset some of the old guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

real dilemma posted:

I was just thinking about dennis during the major, where the hell did he go? I have not heard his name since the big swedish shuffle

Didn't wanna play in godsent so just waiting for better oppurnity.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

venutolo posted:

My new favorite thing to come out of the major:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxRQ5dqVTA

lmao

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

mcvey posted:

Now North is benching k0nfig and bringing in gade(??).

Mouz rumored to replace STYKO with Dennis. Happy about that move if it's true.

Bench...k0nfig?? Who the gently caress is running the North show?

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Skadoodle signed Factory New Dragon Lore sold for 61k last night.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Suran37 posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Suran37 posted:

Bike parts factory

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Suran37 posted:

that's just dumb

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

A skin even Skadoodle would throw for

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/100Thieves/status/958792360929869824

:allears:

FNS is the king of the domino effect.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

rofl i loving called this yesterday.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm honestly really bummed. KNG deserved this, but I don't think anyone else on the team did.

Hope they still manage to find a team. They hosed up by sticking with KNG, but they still are worldclass talents. Maybe they can pick Felps up and be a real threat.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I'm honestly really bummed. KNG deserved this, but I don't think anyone else on the team did.

Hope they still manage to find a team. They hosed up by sticking with KNG, but they still are worldclass talents. Maybe they can pick Felps up and be a real threat.

I'd guess it's just much about how hard it is to get visas for the brazilian team to be in the US for tournaments. No point in having a team if they can't actually enter the country for events.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

xsf421 posted:

I'd guess it's just much about how hard it is to get visas for the brazilian team to be in the US for tournaments. No point in having a team if they can't actually enter the country for events.

which honestly might just be KNG though. he was apparently in trouble with the law for a bit in Brazil (so I've heard from some brazilian fans).

maybe bit has a visa problem, but he used to travel to the US to play during 1.6 era, so I doubt it...

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 1, 2018

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Is wingman generally easier then team comp? Played it for the 1st time last night with a buddy both of us drunk and seemingly owning face. No one seemed to buy grenades. Him and I would never get double peaked or trade killed. We are still not ranked but were playing against people who were ranked mg2 while my team comp is gn1 because effort. Is this pretty common?

Side not we got completely owned 9-2 by 1 guy who I suspect was cheating. Both players had basically the same name. He went 16-2 while the other teammates kd was 0/9 or something retarded. I'm not even sure they other guy was playing. Maybe it was the same guy on 2 different accounts. Was too drunk to genuinely notice till match was over.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Wingman is notorious for hackers past dmg/le. I believe the matches don't go to overwatch, so it's a free for all. Have fun until then.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

mythic has already put up twice as many rounds against cloud 9 in the WESG NA finals as SK managed.

Mythic better than SK confirmed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TheFlyingLlama posted:

mythic has already put up twice as many rounds against cloud 9 in the WESG NA finals as SK managed.

Mythic better than SK confirmed

Stewie's computer froze on the first pistol against SK and they still won the round.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://kotaku.com/counter-strike-co-creator-arrested-for-sexually-exploit-1822648715

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Am I imagining things or wasn't there a rumor about this exact thing a while ago

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Kjaerbye has left Astralis to join North. Currently no named replacement for Astralis, seeing as it was apparently a complete blindside to the rest of the team.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Kjaerbye has left Astralis to join North. Currently no named replacement for Astralis, seeing as it was apparently a complete blindside to the rest of the team.

:psyduck:

I...what? Why?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Cajunb and konfig available :smug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

Cajunb and konfig available :smug:

k0nfig was just spotted this morning at the RFRSH offices (owners? of Astralis and Heroic) during a Twitter vlog:

Unless this is a very elaborate troll, he's going to one of the two.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rfrsh also owns godsent :colbert:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Can't believe you're all supporting a game created by a child molester

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Explains all the 12 year olds in my games. It was his intended audience this whole time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know what that video of a guy on dust 2 dancing with Iron Man and a Pokemon was but drat. I need that.

Edit: lol 5 AWPs on the server on Train.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 2, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sounds like your average pug

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://twitter.com/Thooorin/status/959837536330895360

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
wat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So Gambit lost to a T5 British team in MDL, and seized played some of the worst pro CS ever to the point where it doesn't even seem like he's the one playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VV_Hzpm59Q

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Game made by a chimo lmao

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

symbolic posted:

So Gambit lost to a T5 British team in MDL, and seized played some of the worst pro CS ever to the point where it doesn't even seem like he's the one playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VV_Hzpm59Q

New Richard Lewis video coming soon

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Seized is retiring soon right? His sadboye interview and performance on F3 during the qualifier was incredibly depressing

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218513997?t=07h43m01s

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Breakout of UK CS

lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

symbolic posted:

i dont get it this looks like a normal game of csgo at my level

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Your daily dose of pro CS roster moves:

BIG: -keev, LEGIJA to "Head of CS:GO" for BIG
Liquid: -jdm64, +NAF

Liquid look really scary now with EliGE, Twistzz, and NAF altogether. I could see them following in C9's footsteps and breaking out internationally.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Great move by Liquid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

These are definitely the strongest NA teams there have been in CS:GO. Even more so than iBP probably. Personally, I think Liquid is a stronger lineup on paper than C9 even. EliGE and Twistzzz are two of the most underrated players in the game. I'm not entirely convinced yet that C9 can hang with FaZe and SK in the long term, even if they are surely Top 5 right now.