Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
It's weird they're continuing to hide it, because what could it be that would matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Japanese media (at least when it is translated to English) in my experience has a bad habit of using vague references to things and people past the point it makes sense for the characters to do it.

"We need to go get THAT!"
"*Gasp*, you mean THAT THING?"
"Yes we will get that thing and then use it to advance our agenda concerning HIM."

Like I get it's done to not reveal things too early to the viewer but it always comes off very unnatural.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The obvious answer is now that That Man from Guilty Gear has been given a name, some piece of Japanese fiction needs a central character called That Man and TPN was selected as such. It's a really benign and tepid curse but it's a curse all the same.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've sort of been mentally calling him Clint Eastwood after the Man with No Name character the actor played in A Fistful of Dollars and related movies.

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://readms.net/r/neverland/071/4834/1

Lots of setup this week

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:
COME ON

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

cliffhangers this blatant should be illegal

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
And at the end of that elevator is another door

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
kyon-kun, denwa

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Chapter 72 now featuring the true identity of William Minerva

also, Phil

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
These cliffhangers have blown past exasperating and into hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From those color pages it looks like Isabella has been replaced.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

God drat Minerva, I know you were probably being chased or something but plan your poo poo out and say what needs to be said. Also, drat shonen characters and their absolute refusal to speak proper names. That man, my friend.

That said I remain as excited as ever to see what happens next. This series is great at keeping the carrot dangling while also leaving several roads open ahead so that you're always looking forward to the good stuff but never certain how you'll get there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's still being vague whether the human world is another dimension or something or if the planet is just divided. I guess we'll find out next chapter.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RatHat posted:

It's still being vague whether the human world is another dimension or something or if the planet is just divided. I guess we'll find out next chapter.

I'm going with the hollow earth theory on this one and they're actually just inside the planet. The act of sealing the demon world off or whatever was literally just like, blocking up all the holes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like the cliffhangers because I feel like we get plenty of information at a good pace, I had to laugh that the clue was just the drawer the telephone was sitting on. I had been expecting a much longer search.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So why are there holes over the high class farms that would never be blocked... diplomatic channels? provision of genetic material as part of the peace treaty between humans and demons? Alternatively they need to exist or the planet explodes

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Maybe the demons are low-key breaking the treaty themselves.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I think the humans are the real demons, in this situation. The demons are just hungry boys.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AtomikKrab posted:

So why are there holes over the high class farms that would never be blocked... diplomatic channels? provision of genetic material as part of the peace treaty between humans and demons? Alternatively they need to exist or the planet explodes

Well remember how the kids got more modern technology despite their anachronicity? And the human scientist (they were in a lab coat) that Krone saw once.

There is some measure of cooperation in this treaty.
The only real mysteries left now are the seven walls and the contents of the treaty. Oh and THAT MANs name

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

AtomikKrab posted:

new kids for the farms have to come from somewhere

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Jose posted:

new kids for the farms have to come from somewhere

They grow em in labs these days but still do some of the old fashioned sexy times as MAMA proved.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chapter
https://readms.net/r/neverland/73/4865/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, we know something interesting now. The factory farm kid is obsessed with Norman's number.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
I keep expecting some horrible twist every chapter, but we've had a few chapters straight of actually gaining info and resources.

Every one of those kids and Lucas are gonna die, aren't they? :smith:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MAX HASS

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cran posted:

I keep expecting some horrible twist every chapter, but we've had a few chapters straight of actually gaining info and resources.

Every one of those kids and Lucas are gonna die, aren't they? :smith:

this series isn't cynical or cheap about it's darkness. they're going to be challenged by completely unfair odds and not all of them will make it but ultimately i expect it'll be more about them succeeding and then dealing with the fallout of their success than "and then everyone got eaten by demons"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Well, we know something interesting now. The factory farm kid is obsessed with Norman's number.

I was wondering what that number was!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Fabricated posted:

Honestly, I thought that kid IS Norman, who got lobotomized and transformed by the demons.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

One thing I really like is people going "I get why you didn't trust us with this information and thought you were doing what was best but it wasn't cool. Ok I'm glad we are past that lets move on as a team!" instead of having that sort of stuff result in everything breaking down.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Radish posted:

One thing I really like is people going "I get why you didn't trust us with this information and thought you were doing what was best but it wasn't cool. Ok I'm glad we are past that lets move on as a team!" instead of having that sort of stuff result in everything breaking down.

Having AS one said having an entire world of humans that they can potentially reach makes up for the fact that there are no human villages here.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

AtomikKrab posted:

Having AS one said having an entire world of humans that they can potentially reach makes up for the fact that there are no human villages here.

Yep but another story might have had a forced confrontation from someone saying "you lied to us about that and now how can we trust you??" which I feel has been done enough so it's refreshing just to have the characters get over it in a panel.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://readms.net/r/neverland/074/4886/1

Questions answered, questions raised

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

gently caress
This manga

For keeping me on the edge of my seat
Wanting to know loving MORE

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Huh, so Adam isn't a transformed Norman. Maybe Norman tried to escape with others, but Adam's the only one lucky enough to get away?

I'd want to say they're keeping Norman alive to find a successor to Peter Ratri, but the other kids in a room that looks like a nursery makes me think they're trying to transform the kids into demons.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That felt like some Akira type poo poo this chapter.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

A good chapter, I'm glad there's still a chance for Norman to join up with the others.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 9, 2018

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

In case anyone forgot (I had to double check myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I’m assuming they’re experimenting on livestock to create better varieties. Like the double muscled cattle, etc.