Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I need to meet Wehrle at a con and get him to sign and put some quotes from that trailer on some of the art prints I’m getting with Root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Mors Rattus posted:

so like, did you guys have to pitch-shift the narrator or do you have a Rugrats VA trapped in your basement

That's the wonderful Caryl Tan, pitch-shifted.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New game from Sandy Petersen is up - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/planet-apocalypse

Looks interesting but I'm a bit leery of backing since they're still nowhere near shipping God's War (running pretty late) or Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3, and their Evil High Priest KS just finished.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zark the Damned posted:

New game from Sandy Petersen is up - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/planet-apocalypse

Looks interesting but I'm a bit leery of backing since they're still nowhere near shipping God's War (running pretty late) or Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3, and their Evil High Priest KS just finished.

What a coincidence, my name is also Clindew Putorius

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zark the Damned posted:

CWO3 is still on schedule at least. Gods War is the real sticker.

The game itself looks like a coop lane defence version of Doom. Which could be good or bad, as Sandy Petersen designed a lot of the levels for Doom.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
You'll all be happy to hear that one of my players at my weekly RPG meet-up tried to pitch us all on HATE and got thoroughly razzed by the rest of the table.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Guy Goodbody posted:

What a coincidence, my name is also Clindew Putorius
Quake in your boots at the horror of Lord Jabooty. Also at the horror of creepy baby face areolae with long tongue nipples.

Speaking of doom, this has cacodemons (but they look rubbish by comparison to the doom classic) and the icon of sin.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Fate accessories kickstarter looks pretty alright if all the people who used to play Fate games haven't completely abandoned it for PbtA.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilhat/fate-dicetm-and-fate-pointstm-accessories-for-fate?ref=432261&token=c525da2f

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like a second edition of bloc by bloc is coming to kickstarter later. Kind of excited for that as I like the theme and missed the first one.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The KS for the new Trinity books is up. Sucks that they went with the future setting and not the pulp 20s setting but it looks interesting enough.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
The pulp setting is planned, The probably went with Aeon sense it was the most popular

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's how they did the initial run, starting with Trinity and working backwards to Adventure!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Wasn't the original release order Aeon, Aberrant, Adventure! anyway?

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Yeah. They started at the end and worked back.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Was Aeon really the most popular? It seems like Aberrant got as much or more attention, though it's difficult to tell either way.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Even with Storypath's refocus, I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for anybody trying to write a superhero game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That Old Tree posted:

Was Aeon really the most popular? It seems like Aberrant got as much or more attention, though it's difficult to tell either way.

It probably just seems that way since, when the next line was released, the previous was considered complete.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I really hope they keep the goofy origin story for people with powers in that universe. I am sad I never finished the Adventure! campaign I was in.

Serf
May 5, 2011

JesterOfAmerica posted:

The pulp setting is planned, The probably went with Aeon sense it was the most popular

oh i am well aware of their bad reasoning

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

So the guy who made Sig just put up a post-mortem breakdown of the finances for the project. Net gain for him: $382 leftover cash and a stock of 650 print copies of the book.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So Academy Games, a company most associated with historical games, are now doing a Kickstarter based on...Agents of Mayhem. Yes, the Saint's Row spinoff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/agents-of-mayhem-pride-of-babylon?ref=escpp6

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

GrandpaPants posted:

So Academy Games, a company most associated with historical games, are now doing a Kickstarter based on...Agents of Mayhem. Yes, the Saint's Row spinoff.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/agents-of-mayhem-pride-of-babylon?ref=escpp6

But why.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I presume it was all arranged before AoM's reception became evident. I think they might be contractually obligated at this point.

Granted, I have much more faith in Academy Games to put together a good game than Volition. Full disclosure: I know folks that volunteer for them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

We're going to make a media EMPIRE off this game that was fun 4 games ago. We can't fail.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Haystack posted:

So the guy who made Sig just put up a post-mortem breakdown of the finances for the project. Net gain for him: $382 leftover cash and a stock of 650 print copies of the book.

That's not bad if you include the value of the leftover game stock. I mean, not a wage by any means but he's solidly in the black.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

We're going to make a media EMPIRE off this game that was fun 4 games ago. We can't fail.

You better not be poo poo talking Saints Row IV.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Maxwell Lord posted:

You better not be poo poo talking Saints Row IV.

“Saints Row 1 is the only good Saint’s Row game” is a volcanic take to be sure.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You can objectively measure how good each saints row game is via purple dildo saturation.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

They raised more money than the videogame at least

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm imagining a battleborn board game and painting the head of the tiny head man's miniature would be hell on earth

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DalaranJ posted:

“Saints Row 1 is the only good Saint’s Row game” is a volcanic take to be sure.

I mean if he's counting both Gat out of Hell AND Agents of Mayhem in the series then he's talking about Saints Row 2, which is excellent, and the best "be a badass gangster taking over the city" game. SR3 dived into the wacky and made some mechanical changes that weren't entirely successful, but it's still fun. SR4 transcends genre to become the purest and best example ever of the "Do what you will" open world sandbox, and much of the LOLrandom humor is accompanied by genuine character-driven stuff and inventive story missions.

That said Agents of Mayhem also seems to be an example of them trying something that didn't quite work which was a shame.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'd say Agents of Mayhem is the victim of a busy year (2017 probably being the single best year for video game releases) and really poor marketing. Up until release I thought it was a MOBA or another Battleborn and I was happy to see I wasn't the only one.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

al-azad posted:

I'd say Agents of Mayhem is the victim of a busy year (2017 probably being the single best year for video game releases) and really poor marketing. Up until release I thought it was a MOBA or another Battleborn and I was happy to see I wasn't the only one.

Nah, it's also just kind of a boring game in general. Even if 2017 wasn't chock full of great games otherwise it wouldn't even fare comparably well to Volition's own prior games.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

HATEwatch: it's just about to drop below $1.1m projected take and is getting less than half the daily backers of Gentes. It'll probably lose backers and gain cash at the end as the dollar crew either pledge or drop out, but that's pretty much the only place it's getting movement from now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Forged in Battle's War & Empire III is up, adding 16 new armies to their existing 15mm ancient historical range - Vikings, Normans, Anglo-Saxons, Late Roman, Palmyran, Hun, Justinian Byzantine, Arab, Thematic Byzantine, Arthurian, Horde, Nikephorian Byzantine, Rus, Carolingian, Lombard, and Welsh - and a long awaited rule set they first started testing during the last KS is finally going into print, as an add on.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Feb 3, 2018

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
From the people who brought you the rather good Alas For The Awful Sea, Good Society: A Jane Austen Roleplaying Game.

I'm not the world's biggest fan of Jane Austen, but Storybrewers do some good work.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
This one's hot with only 3 hours left...but anyone know anything about The Tokyo Series? Apparently it's intended to be vaguely GIPF like (though not Abstract strategy games) in that the ultimate goal is 12 interconnected games all sharing the theme of daily life in Tokyo. This first campaign is for the first 3 games and they all look sorta interesting.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Less than 24 hours left on my KS "Freyja's Wrath", mega mega funded with everything unlocked!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid

Absolutely love this heckin boar

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Last hour or so!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Giochi just launched the campaign for Vital Lacerda's CO2: Second Chance. Can't link via my phone, but it should be accessible through their site.