Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CrazyTolradi posted:

I wonder how much larger Derek's block list will be after today.

Derek doesn't have the self control to not read them anyway. :cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah man hows about this herpes we've been having?

I try to share it to the most people possible because I'm generous.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

mom dad dont fight

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Release the logs and the list Derek, this is Goon Court and you need to show some evidence to the judge and jury. I recommend you contact Leonard J. Crabs, he comes highly recommended from Lowtax.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/HHL80aT.gifv

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

D_Smart posted:

So this is your new gimmick? You know how this ends, right?
A blog post? TWO blog posts?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Where is Mr. French lawyer youtube's when we need it ?

Spooder-Mun
Jun 18, 2004

So without piracy and everything related to it, what's there left theoretically to do? Just move cargo around? Like truck driving, but with no gravity. So it's a remake of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, I guess. Is Star Citizen in its current state a better or worse game than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Big Rigs is probably more stable.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Spooder-Mun posted:

So without piracy and everything related to it, what's there left theoretically to do? Just move cargo around? Like truck driving, but with no gravity. So it's a remake of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, I guess. Is Star Citizen in its current state a better or worse game than Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing?

You can move boxes into ships unless you stole the ship then it will vanish, it's a great game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

How many versions of the Derek VS Forums Poster Slapfight gif are we up to now, anyway?

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

How does one engage discourse in a thread when one has blocked all participants?

Imagine a forums in which one doesn't post to converse. A forum where the post serves as a statement and the poster is more concerned with simply speaking than the feedback they receive.

There is no discourse.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

How many versions of the Derek VS Forums Poster Slapfight gif are we up to now, anyway?

Still 1 it just never ends

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I didn't see that as a gimmick. You saw his video - he's a no-bullshit, straight-shooter. Unlike SOME of us around here . . .

(This post was dictated, but not executed).

Pretty much.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

A blog post? TWO blog posts?

A queeny strop and at least one probate.

peter gabriel posted:

Still 1 it just never ends

We did capture nearly four feet of ground last year, sir!

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Imagine a forums in which one doesn't post to converse. A forum where the post serves as a statement and the poster is more concerned with simply speaking than the feedback they receive.

There is no discourse.

What is Reddit, Can I have 'Anal Bum Cover'?

Hav fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 31, 2018

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I don’t really know what’s going on, but I like it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amaGspMMA-c&t=9s

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Okay.

You know, I had only one major problem with this game and that was CR"s inability to give us dates that were connected to reality. They told us long ago that they wanted to begin development with us on board and that we'd be with them through the process. Hearing how games are made and often take 5-10 years for anything with huge scope, we could have easily calibrated our expectations for that if they'd just been open about it early on.

But you don't get money by saying it could be a decade long process so they didn't. I am okay with suggesting that the initially pitched and planned game was more of a 3-4 year development game and they've expanded from there quite significantly which cost them a couple years of trashing everything and reorganizing into a bigger company to make a bigger game, but I also understand finding that utter bullshit and not at all what you backed.

Okay, again.

When it was pitched and people were laughing about how it would launch in 2020 and giggling about how stupid we were for supporting it, I used to say that's fine. I'd like to think we could see launch by 2017 because CR is full of poo poo and we should expect delays but even if it only launches in 2020 I'd be fine with that... and you know what? I still am fine with that.

Now, when they've given us a more realistic look at timelines with giant warnings that things will slip? I'm loving pleased. I'm FINE with waiting, and more importantly, I'm god drat ecstatic that expectations are being handled like we're loving morons and we are being told things with dates that make sense.

More than 5 years in early access? Sure. I'm okay with this.

Finally setting expectations properly? HIP HIP HOORAY and poo poo.

Oh and spoiler, game probably won't launch till 2022. If it's earlier, sweet. I'm setting my old prediction of 2019 up by 3 years for giggles so when it inevitably slips to 2020 and then 2021 I won't be disappointed. For a group of supposedly bitter vets, maybe we should all set our expectations at, "It won't launch at all" and work our way up from there rather than this retarded LOL SC STILL poo poo LOLOLOL poo poo we pretend is discussion here.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jesus loving christlolphor.

Is it pineapple on pizza day in here?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

How the gently caress do you even make a game that broken

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

orcane posted:

Now, when they've given us a more realistic look at timelines with giant warnings that things will slip? I'm loving pleased. I'm FINE with waiting, and more importantly, I'm god drat ecstatic that expectations are being handled like we're loving morons and we are being told things with dates that make sense.

Except those dates are three years late already, and you want to swallow another three?

What's your limit? Tell us when you won't be pleased. How long is too long for you?

Have you played 3.0?

Sabreseven posted:

SOTU brings out the crazies.

Hav fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 31, 2018

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

To the process server - the best way to contact Sandi Roberts (nee Gardiner) is to contact the offices of Rising Star Pictures in Los Angeles California and let them know you are interested in a photo op and autograph session with this particular 'Rising Star'.

She may not answer to Sandi Roberts right away, so you may have to actually take a picture to butter her up first. Do not make eye contact during the session, wear hearing protection and be ready to run.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcane posted:

Okay.

You know, I had only one major problem with this game and that was CR"s inability to give us dates that were connected to reality. They told us long ago that they wanted to begin development with us on board and that we'd be with them through the process. Hearing how games are made and often take 5-10 years for anything with huge scope, we could have easily calibrated our expectations for that if they'd just been open about it early on.

But you don't get money by saying it could be a decade long process so they didn't. I am okay with suggesting that the initially pitched and planned game was more of a 3-4 year development game and they've expanded from there quite significantly which cost them a couple years of trashing everything and reorganizing into a bigger company to make a bigger game, but I also understand finding that utter bullshit and not at all what you backed.

Okay, again.

When it was pitched and people were laughing about how it would launch in 2020 and giggling about how stupid we were for supporting it, I used to say that's fine. I'd like to think we could see launch by 2017 because CR is full of poo poo and we should expect delays but even if it only launches in 2020 I'd be fine with that... and you know what? I still am fine with that.

Oh and spoiler, game probably won't launch till 2022. If it's earlier, sweet. I'm setting my old prediction of 2019 up by 3 years for giggles so when it inevitably slips to 2020 and then 2021 I won't be disappointed. For a group of supposedly bitter vets, maybe we should all set our expectations at, "It won't launch at all" and work our way up from there rather than this retarded LOL SC STILL poo poo LOLOLOL poo poo we pretend is discussion here.

loving :laffo::laffo: that you think this poo poo-show is ever getting "released"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

orcane posted:

Okay.

Okay, again.

The first ship sale they showed them how hard their player base could be fleeced and the entire leadership team saw dollar signs. I think this entire thing started out as "dreams" but once they figured out their fans would buy anything its just been a long money grab to hopefully retire on. Its all a fugazi at this point. Everyone outside senior leadership is being fed "dreams" but I think all hope of a game died long ago. The refactoring is just one big delay on things to make more money.

They are going to keep selling non-existent ships until their community gives up. Chris and the gang are just hiding away money to protect it after the fallout.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Sabreseven posted:

Nah, it's blue cheese in your taco day.

That sounds like a blue waffle

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/958473321951064064

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

loving :laffo::laffo: that you think this poo poo-show is ever getting "released"

Assuming that the internet accountants out there aren’t full of total poo poo, CIG is making more than enough a year to fund their studios on a year by year basis plus having a moderately health reserve. If funding declines in a sensible manner rather than all at once, they’ve probably got 3-5 years of funding left in them plus downsizing giving them time if needed.

Based on what I’m seeing progress wise, they really need 3 more years and more than likely could use 5 more years with development post launch and assorted bug and performance tweaks to be made. It’s my belief that unless funding declines precipitously, they’ll be okay at least.

It’s also my belief that they’re uncertain about way too many systems for the game to be well conceived or implemented so it’s going to be a bit of a poo poo show at launch and maybe will never get better. I would like to be wrong on that part. Still, good news is that they are strong on their stance to have modding tools and we can run our own servers with our own jury rigged systems to make it fun.

I may be too pessimistic on the implementation but I do fully believe that they have the funding and methods of funding to be fine for completing the development stages and hopefully the post development work needed to maybe make it an amazing experience.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

orcane posted:

Okay.

Okay, again.

source you're quotes

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

They sell virtual ships at 750$+ each. Its a business's dream to have a customer base this loving stupid. Finishing the game would be a financial disaster for CIG at this point. They make more money developing a game than they would for having a game made.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Golli posted:

To the process server - the best way to contact Sandi Roberts (nee Gardiner) is to contact the offices of Rising Star Pictures in Los Angeles California and let them know you are interested in a photo op and autograph session with this particular 'Rising Star'.

She may not answer to Sandi Roberts right away, so you may have to actually take a picture to butter her up first. Do not make eye contact during the session, wear hearing protection and be ready to run.

I like this plan. And whatever you do, please do NOT use this picture if you're looking to ask someone if they've seen her lurking about.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

orcane posted:

Assuming that the internet accountants out there aren’t full of total poo poo, CIG is making more than enough a year to fund their studios on a year by year basis plus having a moderately health reserve. If funding declines in a sensible manner rather than all at once, they’ve probably got 3-5 years of funding left in them plus downsizing giving them time if needed.

Based on what I’m seeing progress wise, they really need 3 more years and more than likely could use 5 more years with development post launch and assorted bug and performance tweaks to be made. It’s my belief that unless funding declines precipitously, they’ll be okay at least.

It’s also my belief that they’re uncertain about way too many systems for the game to be well conceived or implemented so it’s going to be a bit of a poo poo show at launch and maybe will never get better. I would like to be wrong on that part. Still, good news is that they are strong on their stance to have modding tools and we can run our own servers with our own jury rigged systems to make it fun.

I may be too pessimistic on the implementation but I do fully believe that they have the funding and methods of funding to be fine for completing the development stages and hopefully the post development work needed to maybe make it an amazing experience.

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

can't. breathe.

----------------

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Golli posted:

(nee Gardiner)

née

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

orcane posted:

Honest question. Do you think they have enough funds to pay for development through 2022 already, or do you think they will continue to take in funds at the current pace even if it takes 4 more years?

I just don't see any way they maintain funding for long enough to hit a 2022 release. My bet is that if the Crytek case doesn't sink them, they will call the game "released" sometime this year with the promise to add mechanics and continue development.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orcane posted:

Okay.

Okay, again.

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE
I've no idea whats going on, lots of activity in this thread. Must be some brutal takedowns or something going on today.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

orcane posted:

Way to kill the mood, thread was at peak stupid :mad:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:same:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Duckaerobics posted:

Honest question. Do you think they have enough funds to pay for development through 2022 already, or do you think they will continue to take in funds at the current pace even if it takes 4 more years?

I just don't see any way they maintain funding for long enough to hit a 2022 release. My bet is that if the Crytek case doesn't sink them, they will call the game "released" sometime this year with the promise to add mechanics and continue development.

Won't be a problem, they can just spit out concept ships left and right.
Remember, while the game might not be completed for quite some time, you can still play it.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
SurfaceDetail I know you are out there. Take some notes from orcane because he is reaping some taints right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I prefer to not self-incriminate.

Holy poo poo! Streamer detected!