Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Trig Discipline posted:

The first time my wife ate some edibles we were sitting there and not feeling anything, and then she suddenly said "I think *friend who made them* put acid in these". And I was like "lol no you just finally got Too High for the first time in your life".

the first time i ever ate too many edibles was on a work trip in colorado where my boss took us to casa bonita, and i can't imagine it would have been any worse (better?) if it had been acid. i didn't freak out publicly, but black bart's cave was way more intense than it had any right to be and i had to sit down pretty much immediately when the cliff divers started doing their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scruff McGruff posted:

the best description of everyone's first time eating edibles is
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
take me to the hospital I'm clearly dying

My first time, I hit the 4th phase playing the airboat sequence in Half Life 2 at 3 in the morning.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Trig Discipline posted:

The first time my wife ate some edibles we were sitting there and not feeling anything, and then she suddenly said "I think *friend who made them* put acid in these". And I was like "lol no you just finally got Too High for the first time in your life".
I've done the "I'm not feeling anything I'm going to take some more" thing.

Except with actual acid. I ate 4 hits. They all kicked in at once.

I was at an amusement park.

After my initial freakout because time basically stopped I ended up having fun but I tripped for something like 14 hours, so don't recommend unless you really enjoy acid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I am genuinely curious as to how badly this man got injured, or if he is even still alive after that.

Shoes didn't come off, he's alive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Scruff McGruff posted:

the best description of everyone's first time eating edibles is
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
I feel nothing
take me to the hospital I'm clearly dying

It's been many years, but yes.

I was laying on my side in bed listening to music (Crystal Method: Vegas) on headphones while tapping my fingers on the bed in front of my face, watching my fingers crossfade and bleed between optical frames with trippy colors. Except the lights were off in my (at the time) windowless basement, and there was no music and oh god I'm going to die

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm jealous as hell of everyone who's had awesome weed trips. My wife says that she can associate ideas and concepts with colors and other cool trippy poo poo but all I ever get is a nice relaxed feeling and screwy time perception. :mad:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
Every time my friend took magic mushrooms he always took too many and became 100% convinced he needed to poop and was about to poop his pants. He would spend the entire trip sitting on the toilet just in case. He never pooped and never had a good time.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
The first time I saw the Katamari Damacy intro was on nitrous. Holy Crap.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've never done drugs.

So, I guess the schadenfreude is on me this time.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

U-DO Burger posted:

I'm jealous as hell of everyone who's had awesome weed trips. My wife says that she can associate ideas and concepts with colors and other cool trippy poo poo but all I ever get is a nice relaxed feeling and screwy time perception. :mad:

Same. Also the only time I tried edibles I didn't get any interesting effects (including feeling like I was going to die), but I did puke up cucumbers in the bathroom sink, so that's something.

Though thinking about it I have no idea why I was eating plain cucumbers in the first place. Maybe it had more of an effect than I realized.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Telemaze posted:

Same. Also the only time I tried edibles I didn't get any interesting effects (including feeling like I was going to die), but I did puke up cucumbers in the bathroom sink, so that's something.

Though thinking about it I have no idea why I was eating plain cucumbers in the first place. Maybe it had more of an effect than I realized.

THat is what we in the business refer to as "the munchies"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've never done drugs.

Same. I was never popular enough to have friends who do drugs.

e: Wait, no, I lied. Some guys I worked with gave me a piece of a cookie at work once, and I was like "This taste like crap. What the hell kind of cookie is this?", and they said "Weed cookie" and laughed at me. I felt a little weird, but no worse than drinking.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Jan 31, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We Know Catheters posted:

How can people be so bad at doing drugs?

My favorite cop on drugs Schad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0&t
I THINK WE'RE DEAD

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Same. I was never popular enough to have friends who do drugs.

You don't need cool friends if you live in a weed legal state :smugdog:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

U-DO Burger posted:

One time I saw my cat's aura. It was pale purple.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

1536 pages of people lighting themselves on fire and/or being slammed on their head so hard their shoes fly off and this is the reveal that made me go OOOOOOOOOOO! out loud?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I've never done drugs.

Shut up, Flanders.

/Homer

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Dillbag posted:

1536 pages of people lighting themselves on fire and/or being slammed on their head so hard their shoes fly off and this is the reveal that made me go OOOOOOOOOOO! out loud?

There is some thing comic about the bollard moving back up to me as well. I can't quite explain it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've only had one edible, with my ex and her friends (two of whom were my coworkers and stuck with me instead of her after our breakup). The one who made the brownies insists that she told me to only take one bite, but I have no memory of that. Anyway, I ate the entire brownie square and got about 5 or 6 times the dosage of everyone else.

I felt like my brain was trailing about 30 seconds behind my body in time, like I still had the reflexes to catch stuff thrown at me but I was totally dissociated. They put on about 2 hours of Vine compilations to try and distract me, but I ended up throwing up in the bathroom and had to be taken home.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

I've never done drugs.

I guess we'll be the boring squares of this thread :shrug:

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

U-DO Burger posted:

People always talk about how weed enhances things, and all it does for me is enhance my anxiety from "non-existent" to "crippling"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

I've done the "I'm not feeling anything I'm going to take some more" thing.

Except with actual acid. I ate 4 hits. They all kicked in at once.

I was at an amusement park.

After my initial freakout because time basically stopped I ended up having fun but I tripped for something like 14 hours, so don't recommend unless you really enjoy acid.

The first time I took acid was on accident, and I took something like 4-6 hits. My band was playing at a party, and a dude was walking around with a big tray with little 1.5 oz service cups on it with colorful liquid (the sort of little plastic cups you'd get ketchup in at a restaurant). I thought they were jello shots, so I took one. Couldn't taste any alcohol so I was like "poo poo these things are weak, I'ma have a bunch more" and just grabbed several and threw them all back. Felt nothing. Then in the set break the bass player was like "dude do you know how much acid you took?" and I was like "uhhhh I thought 'none'?" The gig was basically over at that point.

It was a long night for myself and for my girlfriend (now my wife) who had to babysit me.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

U-DO Burger posted:

A little bit of weed is amazing for me. Anything more than that slight amount makes me blast puke like a loving obstacle on the Double Dare course. Strange but true.

wayfinder posted:

The first time I saw the Katamari Damacy intro was on nitrous. Holy Crap.

Seems almost redundant.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mezzanon posted:

People always talk about how weed enhances things, and all it does for me is enhance my anxiety from "non-existent" to "crippling"

i get in this weird head space where i'm thinking about just being this construct we all identify as human but how it's vastly meaningless. it's not a fun place to be, but all that poo poo gives way and i settle into the high and it's fine. shrooms are way more anxiety inducing for me.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

I've never done drugs.

You get high off the most powerful drug of all - being a huge nerd

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Magnus Manfist posted:

You get high off the most powerful drug of all - being a huge nerd

eating mushrooms that grow out of your moldering cum-vase in your goon hovel is not "cool"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Move this thread to TCC

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey here's some weed-related schadenfreude:

As I just mentioned, too much weed makes me vomit explosively. I am also one of those weird people who under normal circumstances never pukes. Like literally the last time I puked I had food poisoning that had me bedridden for days, and that was at least fifteen years ago. It's like every fiber of my being resists it and it's very traumatic when I do (i.e., I am a huge wuss about it).

Okay, so. Was hanging out with friends from my band and others back in the mid-90s. We ate some cheese fries at a restaurant then went and hosed around on the tennis courts for a bit, and finally smoked some weed. Then we hopped in the car to drive home, me riding in the back seat of a friend's car who was the front man for another band. I was apparently Too High, because without warning I just suddenly and explosively barfed cheese fries all over my friend's back seat. He was like OH gently caress MAN WAS THAT PUKE OH GOD and pulled over at a gas station for me to clean myself up. I was too high to do much of anything other than wash my face in the gas station bathroom and try not to freak out and cry, and was in no condition to help clean up my own barf. Leaving, of course, my friends to do it while they cursed my name.

Couple weeks later we played a gig with his band and they had a new song called Smells Like Trig's Vomit (with my real name obviously).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

eating mushrooms that grow out of your moldering cum-vase in your goon hovel is not "cool"

They grow out of cow poo poo, I'll have you know. :colbert:

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

LifeSunDeath posted:

I, uh, guess I agree

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Okay I was going to make a joke about it not being a vase and foolishly did a GIS for "cum bong". Not something I'd recommend.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

They grow out of cow poo poo, I'll have you know. :colbert:

gross why are you cumming on cow poo poo

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Jippa posted:

There is some thing comic about the bollard moving back up to me as well. I can't quite explain it.

Like someone who has just had a tin of paint dropped on them off screen, and they slowly emerge with a face that doesn't fully comprehend what has just happened, for maximum comedic effect?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/psnxEU0.mp4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!

I'm sure I saw this somewhere some weeks ago and someone who commented actually knew the dog?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm sure I saw this somewhere some weeks ago and someone who commented actually knew the dog?

Saw what, some parked cars? I wish the video would help me know what to look at.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Thanks arrows and circles! I would have missed the man wearing DayGlo yellow in the center of the screen!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
okay I got another one which is nice, nobody died

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/09/milo-yiannopoulos-fighting-with-his-own-lawyers/

January 9, 2018 posted:

Yiannopoulos had a different version of events, telling Page Six in a statement that “Meister Seelig & Fein were excellent litigators on my behalf. The source of the disagreement between me and them arises from Simon & Schuster’s discovery tactics. We asked that all pertinent documents be open to the public record. But Simon & Schuster demanded that virtually all of the documents in this lawsuit remain confidential, and had them classified ‘attorney’s eyes only,’ meaning that I am not even allowed to see what has been said about me and my book in my own lawsuit.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/milo-yiannopoulos-publisher-released-edits-ridicule-article-1.3766541

quote:

Yiannopoulos explained in court that he didn't want to pay an attorney to fight the lengthy legal battle to get access to Simon & Schuster's internal documents.

"I don't want to spend half a million dollars grinding through that process rather than doing it myself," he said.

But Justice Barry Ostrager made clear that Yiannopoulos had little chance of seeing the book publisher's financial papers. "That's not gonna happen," Ostrager said.

Extra:
Milo Yiannopoulos falls for fake news story about male cervical smear tests live on air

Thinking about Milo Breitbart again makes me feel nostalgia. He hasn't been in the spotlight since when, the 90s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mezzanon posted:

I wouldn't say its crippling for me, but I definitely start majorly overthinking things and getting paranoid if I'm in a social setting bigger than my closest friends. Which is why I'm a weirdo who is alone like 70% of the time I get high so I can listen to music.