Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wacky Delly posted:

Or keeping a bunch of glamour gear on you, because you gotta look right. Not that I'd do that.

A full square and a half of my inventory was devoted to this (some of my armory chest too). Between the dresser and the saddlebags I’m very pleased right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/d62eee945adb6f5084b4f2209c3443fb4157c687

Everyone gets a free day of sub time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Wacky Delly posted:

Or keeping a bunch of glamour gear on you, because you gotta look right. Not that I'd do that.

Most of us have been doing that. :v: Once the dust settles, I’d love to see people’s roomy inventories.

Seriously, just to gloat at the crafters

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm still kind of mad that they shrunk the expanded inventory window in half. Even though I have more space it doesn't *look* like I have more space :mad:

Also, I'm a little surprised I haven't heard much yet from people who accidentally flushed their actual gear into the glamour toilet since you can't filter out set list items like you can for GC expert turn-ins.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Also, I'm a little surprised I haven't heard much yet from people who accidentally flushed their actual gear into the glamour toilet since you can't filter out set list items like you can for GC expert turn-ins.

Probably because it's kind of set up the same way so that someone who accidentally flushed something important down the GC Seals drain before clicking the 'hide items not in inventory' button wouldn't blow up something important.

Because they'd already have everything they want to throw in the glamour toilet in their inventory.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

I'll be running another maps group this afternoon/evening for anyone interested.

Did you know that you can stick an extra map in your chocobo saddlebag? I didn't.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Anything on a gear set list has a checkbox you need to check before it will eat the item.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

BRD questions!

I'm levelling BRD (currently 57), it loving owns as it is surprisingly fun keeping a bunch of plates spinning. For dungeons, on a 3-mob pack, I've been unleashing my oGCDs on a target, DoT it up, then DoT up the other two before cycling back and focusing down the first, and then refreshing the dots with Iron Jaws as the other two are dying as well as killing the next weakest and so on. Is this more or less fine or does the math work out better to just straight focus down one mob at a time and don't worry about DoTing up the rest? Anything more than 3 I just AoE, but otherwise this hasn't seemed half bad, and I figure the increased chance to refresh Bloodletter/Rain of Death over multiple DoTs is worth it. However, I'm curious for a more experienced response.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Eight-Six posted:

BRD questions!

I'm levelling BRD (currently 57), it loving owns as it is surprisingly fun keeping a bunch of plates spinning. For dungeons, on a 3-mob pack, I've been unleashing my oGCDs on a target, DoT it up, then DoT up the other two before cycling back and focusing down the first, and then refreshing the dots with Iron Jaws as the other two are dying as well as killing the next weakest and so on. Is this more or less fine or does the math work out better to just straight focus down one mob at a time and don't worry about DoTing up the rest? Anything more than 3 I just AoE, but otherwise this hasn't seemed half bad, and I figure the increased chance to refresh Bloodletter/Rain of Death over multiple DoTs is worth it. However, I'm curious for a more experienced response.

DoT up to 6 instances(2 on 3 mobs, or spread it out once you get Bite Mastery) The passive damage outweighs a single lost GCD from Heavy Shot. There are AoE situations where it may not be worth spreading that many DoTs initially however, so keep that in mind. You'll still want some, but Mage's Ballad is a 100% chance to proc the refresh on your Rain of Death/Bloodletter on critical tick damage, so it steps on itself a lot, meanwhile a lost Quick Nock could be more lost potency than a DoT skill provides. As the pack slims down though, definitely put up what you can.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

so the patch is here, how are the classes? They all ruined like reddit was warning or is it just a big meh and a shrug?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've asked in discord a few times, and FC chat a bunch of time and still haven't found anyone yet.

I'm look for a crafter that can HQ the new 350 stuff on Excalibur, specifically the Bow and Aiming chest. Having GSM would be nice as well since I couldn't actually find any of the Silvergrace Ingots and had to buy materials instead

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Getting back into this after taking a break shortly after SB release. Couple questions:

1) What's the best way to level alts from like, 50ish-max now?

2) Anything really notable crafting wise or anything for making money, or is just gathering/selling mats the most reliable way? I have all DoL maxed and DoH excelt arm and cul maxed, but don't really have any endgamish gear for either.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I'll be running another maps group this afternoon/evening for anyone interested.

I’ve got two in my static interested, send Ernest Namingway a tell and I’ll connect ya.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bolow posted:

I've asked in discord a few times, and FC chat a bunch of time and still haven't found anyone yet.

I'm look for a crafter that can HQ the new 350 stuff on Excalibur, specifically the Bow and Aiming chest. Having GSM would be nice as well since I couldn't actually find any of the Silvergrace Ingots and had to buy materials instead

it's almost as though we drummed one of the two major goon charity crafters out of this thread and the discord by being vile to him, and the other one doesn't check in here as far as i know.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Reiterpallasch posted:

it's almost as though we drummed one of the two major goon charity crafters out of this thread and the discord by being vile to him, and the other one doesn't check in here as far as i know.

When did this happen? Holy crap

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They almost certainly deserved it, whoever it was

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

A. Beaverhausen posted:

When did this happen? Holy crap

it was legit infuriating to watch a bunch of people who've never once given back to FC newbies shittalk fister "new 70s get free full crafted sets" roboto in discord for elitism back when the thread was diagnosing him with half of the DSM V for not taking protect. at least one of those people happily took one of those free sets before telling anyone who asked that fister hated all new players. you know who you are.

i mean yeah he is (was) a lovely thread poster but so is, like, everyone else in here

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Wait what

People poo poo talked Fister on Discord? He's my goddamn bud, you bastards!

He's too good for you, enjoy not getting crafted poo poo!

Ooh I'm gonna be pissed if any of you mean fuckers are in DGKK :mad:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Has anyone ever had someone offer to do a craft as charity and then fail the craft and lose all the materials? I have that horrible fear whenever I help people out with this stuff, even when I know 100% I can craft it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
GB Mailbag: https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-mailbag-yo-mtv-redvines/2300-12790/?t=4m43s

To answer a few questions:

* Candy *is* an application of the Swedish Fish Theory, but I've been doing this for near a decade.
* Candy goes stale as it gets exposed to air, so packs instead.
* Discrete packs, on the other hand, can be traded off or given away to co-workers and other CBSi employees as bribes.
* 1 pound worth of red vines, 1 pound worth of Haribo shot packs.
* Yes, I got the normal kind of Haribos, not the sugarfree ones.
* Obtaining actual, physical, non-shady game time cards is surprisingly hard in this day and age.
* You have no idea how hard it was to come up with an address that didn't involve the words "Giant Bomb" to avoid weird looks from the person taking the package behind the counter.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 1, 2018

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

it was legit infuriating to watch a bunch of people who've never once given back to FC newbies shittalk fister "new 70s get free full crafted sets" roboto in discord for elitism back when the thread was diagnosing him with half of the DSM V for not taking protect. at least one of those people happily took one of those free sets before telling anyone who asked that fister hated all new players. you know who you are.

i mean yeah he is (was) a lovely thread poster but so is, like, everyone else in here

That guy absolutely deserved it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Martman posted:

Has anyone ever had someone offer to do a craft as charity and then fail the craft and lose all the materials? I have that horrible fear whenever I help people out with this stuff, even when I know 100% I can craft it.

I have once went to HQ craft something for a goon, hosed up and hit the wrong button. I felt extremely embarrassed, purchased all the materials and successfully made one and never offered to craft again.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

GB Mailbag: https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-mailbag-yo-mtv-redvines/2300-12790/?t=4m43s

To answer a few questions:

* Candy *is* an application of the Swedish Fish Theory, but I've been doing this for near a decade.
* Candy goes stale as it gets exposed to air, so packs instead.
* Discrete packs, on the other hand, can be traded off or given away to co-workers and other CBSi employees as bribes.
* 1 pound worth of red vines, 1 pound worth of Haribo shot packs.
* Yes, I got the normal kind of Haribos, not the sugarfree ones.
* Obtaining actual, physical, non-shady game time cards is surprisingly hard in this day and age.
* You have no idea how hard it was to come up with an address that didn't involve the words "Giant Bomb" to avoid weird looks from the person taking the package behind the counter.

oh ok

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Leal posted:

I have once went to HQ craft something for a goon, hosed up and hit the wrong button. I felt extremely embarrassed, purchased all the materials and successfully made one and never offered to craft again.

Fear of that is why I don't offer to craft for goons. That and I'm selfish and lazy

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I want to be a helpful crafter, I just gotta level them. I'm hoping my arms dealing on the market will keep afloat the costs to do so

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I craft things for people but I'm not on Excalibur so shrug.

That being said, it can be tiring running the charity if you don't have access to resources. Like getting poo poo from airships to stay on top of crystals or extra funds for stuff not worth the time to farm or materia for overmelds are really what enabled me to do it in HW. It's harder to be charitable if you're all alone.

Speaking of, I should look into those submarines. No one else gonna bother with that noise.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MSQ provides free gears for newly minted lvl 70s too. I'm still wearing parts since alt jobs :effort:

FFXIV does a good job with the endless gear treadmills b/t tomes, crafted, and quest rewards. Also, I would advertise looking for crafters on PF if I wanted certain items.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Has anyone else tried the command mission for Copperbell Mines Hard? For me, trying to run it as a tank, it was completely unplayable. Your teammates can't go into the elevator for some reason, so they just kinda "show up" on the first pull. Which would be fine, except half the time my healer wouldn't bother healing me, and then everything just seemed to completely bug out on the first boss. Had to abandon. Waste of time and seals.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

rujasu posted:

Has anyone else tried the command mission for Copperbell Mines Hard? For me, trying to run it as a tank, it was completely unplayable. Your teammates can't go into the elevator for some reason, so they just kinda "show up" on the first pull. Which would be fine, except half the time my healer wouldn't bother healing me, and then everything just seemed to completely bug out on the first boss. Had to abandon. Waste of time and seals.

First run as Dragoon was terrible. Died twice to the first boss because the squadron couldn't handle adds + fire + bombs. Died twice to the second boss because Healer wouldn't keep me topped off from the fire sprites' Dark Fires while I tried to bomb Biggy. Died once on the last boss due to using the worm luring rocks too early and then I had to cancel because my History class started.

When I went as Paladin, though, I cleared everything in one shot. :shrug:

I have no idea why they would choose this of all the Hard Mode dungeons to run with Squadron, but I don't feel like it works too well.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have no idea why they would choose this of all the Hard Mode dungeons to run with Squadron, but I don't feel like it works too well.

I assume it may have to do with that copper HM is one of the more unpopular dungeons where many people just drop out as soon as they get it in the 50-60 roullete, it is a kinda lovely dungeon after all so.
On related note, did they nerf squadron DPS? At least npc archer dps seems weaker now then before.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
They nerfed the 'hit engage repeatedly to reset all cooldowns' thing, which was insane for archers because of barrage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rosalind posted:

Yeah it definitely front loads the tricky parts. The only one that seems to get people toward the end is when he teleports then uses the knockback instead of the frontal blast, but you're given a few seconds to reposition so it's not that bad.

I'm fairly certain that standing to the side of the teleport destination is safe from either attack, where standing behind him isn't going to be safe if he casts aero and you don't notice. I'm a little less sure but I think you might just be able to run in and not get damaged as soon as he appears with the instant cast cone too.

If they did FFLogs for doing mechanics right only, i'd be top percentile on that fight. Shame about me deeps

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Choyi posted:

I assume it may have to do with that copper HM is one of the more unpopular dungeons where many people just drop out as soon as they get it in the 50-60 roullete, it is a kinda lovely dungeon after all so.

Really? I mean it's not the greatest dungeon but there are many dungeons at L50 that I dislike more than Copperbell Hard that actually getting that dungeon in the roulette seems like a breath of fresh air to be honest.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

yeah like hullbreaker is fun but i swear something about the kraken makes everyone intentionally murder their party with tornadoes at least once

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rosalind posted:

Yeah it definitely front loads the tricky parts. The only one that seems to get people toward the end is when he teleports then uses the knockback instead of the frontal blast, but you're given a few seconds to reposition so it's not that bad.

The only o8 mechanic I couldn’t seem to get my head around for love or money was graven image. I noticed the huge statue, I couldn’t miss it, but I couldn’t quite connect what it was doing when the ability was cast or what I was supposed to do to avoid it.

Everything else in the fight was fun as heck though, and I’ve never even played FFVI

The only other “I don’t understand why I’m dying” moment of Sigmascape was the air raid mechanic of o7. It was doing something that was one shotting me and I couldn’t figure out what it was, there were no obvious markers I was seeing. Overall though I think I did ok for a first time blind run with everyone letting me figure it out on my own.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Ainsley McTree posted:

The only o8 mechanic I couldn’t seem to get my head around for love or money was graven image. I noticed the huge statue, I couldn’t miss it, but I couldn’t quite connect what it was doing when the ability was cast or what I was supposed to do to avoid it.

Everything else in the fight was fun as heck though, and I’ve never even played FFVI

The only other “I don’t understand why I’m dying” moment of Sigmascape was the air raid mechanic of o7. It was doing something that was one shotting me and I couldn’t figure out what it was, there were no obvious markers I was seeing. Overall though I think I did ok for a first time blind run with everyone letting me figure it out on my own.

For o8: When he casts graven image, depending on the tier of the statue, orbs will spawn. Tier one has blue and green. Blue will shoot a marked line aoe, green will do a half-screen knockback. Sometimes the green will swap from one side to the other, so move near it or surecast/etc as appropriate. Blue is at the base of the statue, green along E/W I believe.
Tier 2 has a purple orb and an orange orb. They're both half panel (divided along N/S) aoe that correspond to the side they're one.
Tier 3 has a purple Look Away marker, and an Orange ? look towards marker. Either look at or away from the statue as appropriate.

For o7 Air raid will do one of those orange-line tethers to one person briefly, and then start rapid firing shots in a wide area towards that location.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 1, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Zerilan posted:

Getting back into this after taking a break shortly after SB release. Couple questions:

1) What's the best way to level alts from like, 50ish-max now?

50-60: Do Heavensward beast tribe quests daily, do clan hunts daily, run daily roulettes. Alliance will give you between 1/4 and 1/3 of a level, and if you can stomach the cutscenes MSQ reportedly gives nearly 1/2 or more. Between all that, as much POTD 51-100 as you can stand. Each level will take 3-5 runs not counting the floor 100 completion bonus.

60-70: On even levels do daily clan hunts, roulettes, and Stormblood beast tribe quests. On odd numbered levels, run the latest dungeon that unlocks 3-4 times. (Ex... on 61 run Sirensong Sea, 63 Sushi Palace, and so on)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Don't forget to do your weekly challenge logs as well.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

For o8: When he casts graven image, depending on the tier of the statue, orbs will spawn. Tier one has blue and green. Blue will shoot a marked line aoe, green will do a half-screen knockback. Sometimes the green will swap from one side to the other, so move near it or surecast/etc as appropriate. Blue is at the base of the statue, green along E/W I believe.
Tier 2 has a purple orb and an orange orb. They're both half panel (divided along N/S) aoe that correspond to the side they're one.
Tier 3 has a purple Look Away marker, and an Orange ? look towards marker. Either look at or away from the statue as appropriate.

For o7 Air raid will do one of those orange-line tethers to one person briefly, and then start rapid firing shots in a wide area towards that location.

Thanks. i think I was ignoring the o7 mechanic because I wasn’t personally tethered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
garlean witchcraft in the weave oh my