Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Roy's music is the best outside of maybe Savini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

There are a couple of new game-breaking glitches though... but I'm sure those will get fixed in due time. In the meantime oh my god Roy is so fun.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Inside Out Mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9edpda2jYA

I got video of the Insatiable Cult of Jenny tonight. That cabin got steam :frogbon: I'll edit that video this weekend though.

You know I could explain more but

Nah I don't think I need to

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Curly Howard Jason is the best Jason

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Inside Out Mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9edpda2jYA

I got video of the Insatiable Cult of Jenny tonight. That cabin got steam :frogbon: I'll edit that video this weekend though.

Just for the record, Burk and I were not colluding.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The key to success in this game is to take opportunities as you find them.

Be decisive and act on your impulses.

That is the path to victory, even if it leads to you being drowned

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I rewatched Jason Takes Vancouver Manhattan for the hell of it, and...that's really not a bad movie. At least the beginning Jason Takes a Yacht is a decent start to finish Friday movie that ends in like a half hour. Then the rest of the movie occurs and it's scattered funny moments in a big package of dumb

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Do you think Jason took the time to look out and admire the ocean in-between killing those pesky teens?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I was impressed he apparently just walked underwater from wherever that boat sank (presumably somewhere off of Jersey) all the way to Staten Island

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

DeathChicken posted:

I was impressed he apparently just walked underwater from wherever that boat sank (presumably somewhere off of Jersey) all the way to Staten Island

Jason will walk 500 miles, and he'd walk 500 more just to be the man (behind the mask) who murders you.

Ki ki ma ma.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
That house in the new map is so freakin huge. I think using the shears as a bludgeoning weapon is kind of fruity but I like the rest of it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That big house definitely offers some kiting opportunities against the slow Jasons. I can't wait to experience the joy of trying to chase down Vanessas and Tommies for 10 straight minutes.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Comfortador posted:

I think using the shears as a bludgeoning weapon is kind of fruity

Yeah, it seems like they just recycled the small axe/machete animation for the shears. I feel like what they should've done was make a forward two-armed lunge like with the fence post spear.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jason takes Vancouver is the best F13 actually.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
An update on Paranoia: https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/7ud857/paranoia_current_status_and_path_ahead/

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Well gently caress

Caros
May 14, 2008

joylessdivision posted:

Jason will walk 500 miles, and he'd walk 500 more just to be the man (behind the mask) who murders you.

Ki ki ma ma.

:golfclap:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Well gently caress

Better delayed than put out unfinished

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Burkion posted:

Better delayed than put out unfinished

Usually in game development it equals to the same end.

Not that I have that pessimism here mind you, I was more speaking to outright cancelling the mode if they can't fix it. The trailer made me so hype, but I do understand for sure. Happy for the honesty as well, it's just disappointing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There's something heartwarming about Gun and Illfonic playing the game with each other and deciding what needs to be changed :3: For as much poo poo as they catch (sometimes deservedly, what with the months of radio silence), they really do have a good crew on hand.

It also reminds me of that procedural heist game Introversion was making, where they had a good idea but there was no real clean execution of it, so they had to scrap the plan :smith: This has a happier ending though

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Burkion posted:

CliffDiver, one thing you should keep in mind for the future. FriendLachapa is never armed.

In all fairness I couldn’t see the shotgun behind all the fat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He might be armed with a battery, which he will drop in the woods or something once his fat rear end stops to gasp for air

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I'm surprised they announced Paranoia without even being solid on the mechanics.

No worries, we have our own version all the time with Burk.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol that they came up with a hashtag before working out the mechanics of the game mode

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathChicken posted:

He might be armed with a battery, which he will drop in the woods or something once his fat rear end stops to gasp for air

This is far less viable now that you can see where the item goes

This does make me think of something I need to do now though

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
STOP GIVING BURK IDEAS!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So goons griefing goons is a thing, huh?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

A.o.D. posted:

So goons griefing goons is a thing, huh?

From reading this thread I feel good about my decision to never play with goons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm surprised they announced Paranoia without even being solid on the mechanics.

No worries, we have our own version all the time with Burk.

It sounds like they thought they were solid but came to realize after enough testing that it just wasn't going to end up enjoyable.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Based on that one dev's stream a few nights ago, he doesn't seem to know the mechanics of his own game so I'm not surprised a new mode came out pants on head retarded.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

weekly font posted:

Based on that one dev's stream a few nights ago, he doesn't seem to know the mechanics of his own game so I'm not surprised a new mode came out pants on head retarded.

Uh oh, like how so?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I mean, I guess if you're a try-hard that can't handle occasionally having wacky things happen then yeah, don't play with goons.

We have a blast, though.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

ComposerGuy posted:

I mean, I guess if you're a try-hard that can't handle occasionally having wacky things happen then yeah, don't play with goons.

We have a blast, though.

I'm a known tryhard and I love playing with goons.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm a known tryhard and I love playing with goons.

So you missed it last night

We decided to go ham on Jasons, just actively try to win since the game got so much harder and even newer pubbies were getting 8/8 or so pretty easily

Of course the first round after that I got Jason and I just went the most lackadaisical you possibly could. They were trying to kill me which I caught onto pretty quick but the armatures only sent one person to get the sweater so that didn't get off the ground.

I did have fun teaching Mateo how to properly drive though.

Anyways after that the new guy, Captain ACAB, was Jason.

We were still firmly in the Do As Hard As You Can mindset.

I spawned as Bugsy.

Tracked down a machete, he was Part 3, knocked his mask off in one blow.

I let myself get killed after dragging him from the others so they could pick up the mask, Ozone sacrificed himself there after

I spawn back in as Tommy, hook up with Icey, we kill him in maybe 6 minutes.

Killing Jasons might be the easiest way to win now

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

See, I can accept that more than lazy teamkilling. Get all of the parts, drag them into the barn and make everyone recreate the end to Part 4. That's wacky.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathChicken posted:

See, I can accept that more than lazy teamkilling. Get all of the parts, drag them into the barn and make everyone recreate the end to Part 4. That's wacky.

Lazy? Oh there's nothing lazy that I do when it comes to team kills

Like here's the secret about me. I'm actually a shockingly good player. I've been doing this game since the days of angry mobs trying to get Jason kills in the wild.

I have helped others nearly get away from Tinfoil more than once. As Jason, I'm fine I just don't usually care about actually killing people. Ozone can attest, if I had super wanted to, I could have killed him early on. Maybe them all but that's doubtful. I care more about having a good time and not dying.

Mateo only died because he loving couldn't drive a car the right way despite all of my expert teaching. The random pubbie died because they refused to listen.

But as a survivor, I am extremely good at what I do assuming I'm not spawned in the middle of dick field with nothing to work with.

I just also don't give a poo poo about actually being good most of the time. Especially since the last update where Jason was trivialized.

So I come up with new ways to enjoy the game. Such as picking up items, finding Jason's home, and shoving them all in there.

Or putting bear traps in front of the phone.

Or just generally acting on impulse for whatever I think would be funniest at the moment. Cliff had the propeller, I wanted the boat, I got the propeller.

What's important to me with this game is having fun. There are so many dumb little things you can do to have fun in this dumb game. Now that Jason is hard to survive again, surviving is way more fun than loving around.

Unless you can gently caress around so well that it still helps others to escape.

Basically once you truly understand the game, you go with the flow. Some times the flow is murder the poo poo out of Jason as fast as possible.

Other times it's amuse yourself above all else.

Once in a while it's 'The game has freaked the gently caress out and you just gotta deal with that. You are now stuck in the car on a fence and you have nothing else you can do.'

EDIT: Also the boat is goddamn suicide on the new map. Just, never boat.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The boat is usually suicide in general, except in the meta sense that Jason is probably aware it's suicide and might not be checking on it on the assumption no one is dumb enough to go boating and risk insta-death from Jaws. This is a thing.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DeathChicken posted:

The boat is usually suicide in general, except in the meta sense that Jason is probably aware it's suicide and might not be checking on it on the assumption no one is dumb enough to go boating and risk insta-death from Jaws. This is a thing.

Eh not on most maps.

Jarvis it's 50/50. With Jarvis you have pathways that Jason straight up cannot touch the boat at if you want to cheese, and if the stars align the boat and all its poo poo will spawn with you off in the distance near an exit. I had a Tiffany game where I had everything for the boat right next to it, was out in two minutes flat. Laughing to myself all the way.

The older maps the boat is completely viable because it's almost always out of the way, and only a few Jasons are actively faster than it. Jason can't do anything to stop you from fixing it unless he camps it and it's so tucked away that most of them generally ignore it unless they hear something or some one else gives away that poo poo is happening with it.

If you get stuff on it without messing up and get it into the water, if he's busy with other people doing poo poo he won't be able to get to you on time unless he gets a really lucky morph.

At which point you can waste his time and let the other people do what they were setting out to do.

Crystal Lake can be the best one for it, the boat can be basically five feet from the exit with some spawns. Higgins can be kind of bad depending on where the boat spawns but if Jason is busy it's not TOO terrible.

Packanack is probably the best boat map in general. It's always one extreme or the other, never going to be near anything else, and Jason has to waste a morph to get there. The trip is also fairly straight forward and short.

Pinehurst is suicide because the boat is almost always near the center of the map, and the channels are super narrow and super connected. Meaning Jason can be half way across the map, no shift, no morph, just walk into the water, catch up to you and kill you before you get anywhere in the boat. The boat also often spawns near the phone or the car, at least in the general area, so even if you don't gently caress up, Jason will still see you doing stuff over there.

And unlike Jarvis, the narrow channels in Pinehurst are super deep and there does not seem to be any cheese spots.

Even a really slow water Jason should be able to catch the boat with minimal issue.

The best thing about the boat for Pinehurst is to use it as a distraction. Or to hope you can get it close enough to the exit for some one else to take and get away with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I'm a known tryhard

Yes but you're our tryhard.

quote:

The boat is viable depending on a few circumstances. If there's enough space to maneuver and you're up against a non-water speed Jason, you can often successfully kite him. This works best against Part 2 and Savini, who have just absolutely poo poo speed in the water (they're slower than the boat).

Distance to the exit matters a lot as well, especially if you can time it so that Jason has popped his Morph right before you take off. I've managed this once or twice.

• Locked thread