Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can lose the last four words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Are we back to heightchat? I'm 6'2, which has always felt like a great height. You're very tall w/out being "the tall guy"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chumbler posted:

At 6 feet, I am unlikely to ever know the feeling of a woman being taller than me.
same but it doesnt mean im not prepared to try

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

*big brain* not if you're on your knees

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xinder posted:

That idea I'm not so thrilled with.

I'm remembering now how confused I was that the show kept talking about how brawny Makoto was, but she has the exact same figure as the other girls.

the real hosed up thing is the character design sheets that point to usagi and say 'chubby'

like what world does takeuchi live in. some artists just give everyone the same build and that's fine, every artist does different things, but jesus, at least give it the old college try.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

double post

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://files.catbox.moe/sivvib.webm
This woman (and presumably those other 3 adults) being led around by a trail of bananas really tickled me

The scenery art in Colours is really nice

The little thumbs-up :3: The whole scene in the bakery was good

episodes 3 and 4 of Colours were really enjoyable

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
knorth's over here in 2018 being mindblown by VN-background filtering with posterize and gaussian blur

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't play VNs really, and I don't know what posterize and gaussian blur is so I guess so

The environments in that show are pretty though

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

sorry but they're real bad. the colors deserve better than this

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

I don't play VNs really, and I don't know what posterize and gaussian blur is so I guess so

The environments in that show are pretty though

They're just photographs with a photoshop filter over them.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Our boy Knorth isn't a sex pervert so he hasn't play these "vn's" you speak of

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're just photographs with a photoshop filter over them.

Ah is that so, well it looks good and whatever touching up they're doing makes them fit the really bright and cheery vibe of the show despite being pretty urban a lot of the time

DisDisDis posted:

Uh, okay dis, whatever you say

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've always liked the filters used in the Higurashi/Umineko VNs and was sad when the PS2/PS3 releases got rid of them.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Homura and Sickle posted:

so studio 3hz is doing an adaptation of a sword art online spin off written by the kino's journey author next season so i guess i'm going to watch a sword art online spin off. feels weird.

It would take it out of guilty pleasure territory if the girls weren't so young. Still looking forward to it same as Fatal Bullet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

uh what

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Liver Disaster posted:

It would take it out of guilty pleasure territory if the girls weren't so young. Still looking forward to it same as Fatal Bullet.

you might want to rephrase that? I hope??

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't seen any weird promo material for the spinoff so I'm genuinely confused

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main character of the spinoff novel is 19 years old and her two best friends are 19 and 27

i have no idea what that post means

i guess the main character's in-game avatar is short and young looking?

but there doesnt seem to be any fanservice about her in game avatar from what ive skimmed of it

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 1, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Some of the manga has been translated and there's nothing weird in it so far. A 6' tall woman hates being tall, starts playing Gun Gale Online, gets the shortest, cutest avatar possible, maxes agility, wears all pink, and jumps around like crazy while shooting dudes with her pink P90.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sindai posted:

Some of the manga has been translated and there's nothing weird in it so far. A 6' tall woman hates being tall, starts playing Gun Gale Online, gets the shortest, cutest avatar possible, maxes agility, wears all pink, and jumps around like crazy while shooting dudes with her pink P90.

There's some fanservice, in general, from what i read of the first novel, but it's all focused on the woman that's in her late 20s, so unless the shocking plot twist is that she's 12 in real life I'm not really sure what that post even means.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Eela6 posted:

you might want to rephrase that? I hope??

Yeah, SAO is a guilty pleasure, I may still enjoy the new one but the main characters look like little girls so I can't recommend it to people without feeling bad about it. I would feel bad for liking it, for the designs I've seen so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

Yeah, SAO is a guilty pleasure, I may still enjoy the new one but the main characters look like little girls so I can't recommend it to people without feeling bad about it. I would feel bad for liking it, for the designs I've seen so far.
Uh. What? That's intensely weird, dude. It's one thing if the material is sexualizing them or something, but if it's just a few younger looking girls doing video game poo poo then... who cares if they look like younger girls? There's plenty of manga about younger boys doing action-y poo poo and nobody handwrings about liking my hero academia even though deku looks like he's eleven.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Because it's a spinoff of SAO, which is still a harem anime. If it's just actiony stuff and adults playing cute characters than it isn't an issue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kirito isn't even in the thing, there's no romance, and the main character is a girl.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, as long as there are no instances of gross fanservice (meaning tentacle rape, actual attempted rape and-- y'know what just gently caress off with the rapey-vibes, 'kay?), I'm fine with more dumb MMORPG shenanigans. Haven't read the Spin-off Novels, but hopefully they don't become as boring as Alicization in the main series.

Endorph posted:

Kirito isn't even in the thing, there's no romance, and the main character is a girl.
Sold!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i hope its upotte 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

i hope its upotte 2
Ichihachi (いちはち Ichihachi)
Voiced by: Aya Gōda (Japanese); Juliet Simmons[5] (English)
Funco's roommate (Funco nicknames her Hach-chan) and Ichiroku's own sister, who stayed with the failed Armalite family. She is a Japan-made American AR-18 assault rifle (her name literally means "one" and "eight"). She is often troubled by her loose pants as a result of the real AR-18, which has a loose stock.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Endorph posted:

Ichihachi (いちはち Ichihachi)
Voiced by: Aya Gōda (Japanese); Juliet Simmons[5] (English)
Funco's roommate (Funco nicknames her Hach-chan) and Ichiroku's own sister, who stayed with the failed Armalite family. She is a Japan-made American AR-18 assault rifle (her name literally means "one" and "eight"). She is often troubled by her loose pants as a result of the real AR-18, which has a loose stock.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I am still capable of being surprised and grossed out by the internet

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
wait til you hear about the butt stocks

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DisDisDis posted:

rip

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait until you hear about the warships which are girls

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Strange Quark posted:

Wait until you hear about the warships which are girls

Oh, I have. Somehow the 'girl who is a warship' is less gross to me than 'girl who is an assault rifle'. :wtc:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Neither of those concepts seems inherently problematic idk

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I don't know what war crimes the boats did though

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Someone post the most heinous kamcolle warcrimes

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Guns are used by fingering the trigger.

That sounds inherently problematic to anthropomorphize.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Megatron did the "I'm actually a gun" thing before it was cool.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I literally can't tell if you're joking or not but either way lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikh34ejKRDQ
It just makes my stomach churn.

• Locked thread