Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

failing forward posted:

Whoa whoa ladies don't let them in on all the secrets. They might ask about emory boards and then we'll have no powers over them!

The sound of an emory board on fingernails is the worst freakin noise in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Up next, recognizing tights vs leggings.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh no

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

*scribbles down "tampons" on notepad and nods while reading thread*

*Explains to baffled coworker how feminine hygiene works*

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ArbitraryC posted:

I recognize that I like them both

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

LadyPictureShow posted:

E: possibly dumb qq, but HPV gives noticeable symptoms? Is it like burning when you piss, or is it more ‘physical’ skin stuff?

Most cases are asymptomatic, most self-clear, it's estimated that up to 90% of sexual active adults will acquire HPV in their lifetime and your chances of dying from the flu are much higher than even getting HPV related cancer much less dying from it. Anything easily avoidable that causes cancer is a bad thing, if you are eligible you should absolutely get the HPV vaccine, it doesn't hurt but to get this worked up over HPV is absurd, it's so common and in most cases completely harmless that it's not even part of a common STD panel. I've been tested a gazillion times and I don't know that I have ever been tested for HPV, maybe my doctor threw it in with my labs at some point but I doubt it.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Yeah, iirc the reason the vaccine for HPV has an age cutoff of, what, 25, is because they figure that after that you've probably already been exposed. No big, but you won't really benefit from the vaccine, so we'll save it for someone younger.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My girlfriend [21 F] told me [23 M] that she wants to be single for a month and a half to pursue other people whilst she travels

quote:

Hi everyone. So yeah me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 8 months now and things have been going well. Lately I could sense something was a bit off with her so I asked her about it. She goes travelling on her own for a month and a half starting in mid June. She told me that she doesn't want to have her trip defined by missing me the whole time and working on the relationship long distance. And the real painful bit to hear was that she doesn't want to restrict herself from the possibility of other romantic possibilities whilst away as that is something that she enjoyed about her gap year.

And I just don't know what to do with that. She says she still loves me and she has no idea what she actually wants to do. I just can't help shake the idea that I should just give up and walk away now but I just don't want to. But is that really going to be a worse idea than staying together until just before she goes and ending it? Or do i try and make it work with her and potentially ruin her experience? Or worse not trust her the whole time she is there. Some help and advice would be much appreciated guys, any extra information you want let me know

TL;DR My girlfriend wants to be single in four months because she doesn't want to do long distance for a month and a half as she might meet someone she wants a romantic experience with there

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Palpek posted:

My girlfriend [21 F] told me [23 M] that she wants to be single for a month and a half to pursue other people whilst she travels

Time to chose what you prefer, OP.

An open relationship

Being cheated on

Or

Being single

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Congratulate your girlfriend and tell her she can be single as long as she wants.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Palpek posted:

You should stay with her and let us know how all this unfolds.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Congratulate your girlfriend and tell her she can be single as long as she wants.

Yeah this was my reaction too

"why limit yourself to a month and a half? Take the rest of your life for all I care!"

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Palpek posted:

Hold up, let me put this through my translator...

beep beep boop beep boop beep

"I want to have sex with other people while I'm away for 6 weeks but still want someone to fall back onto just in case if it doesn't go well! You'll agree to this if you truly love me!"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Palpek posted:

Just lol if he accepts that. "I don't want to suffer the emotional turmoil of skyping you every so often to tell you about the cool things I'm doing on my trip, so instead would you be chill with waking up in a cold sweat every night thinking about the train of dudes going in on me?"

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Palpek posted:

The fact that he even need to ask this is insane.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

I see this kinda poo poo with couples and I will never understand why people act this way

It is because we tell children of this kind of behavior is cute, instead of incredibly loving annoying. Kids are actually pretty fun if you don’t encourage them to be lovely.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Featuring /r/legaladvice

A brothel I visited has underage girls

quote:

Once in a while I visit illegal brothels in NYC city. Usually you call them before, or text, set an appointment, go there, pay the fee, hook up with one with their girls, do the deed and then leave. There are different brothels i visit. Last week i went to new one “accidentally”. This was different from the rest, they ask you in the street whether you want to have fun time, you say ye or maybes then they bring you to the house. To cut it short, i was doing some job on that area when I stumbled in one of these guys who asked do you want to meet pretty girls. I figured what it is and said yeah.

So we went to the brothel, which is a regular three floor rented house. Went in, saw like 5 girls there, all late 20s, early 30s. Then the main guy for some reason strangely says to me we have some special girls if you’re interested. I said like what, then he opened the door to another room and I saw two girls there in the chairs. The girls looked scared and didnt want to be there. Clearly those were underage girls, like really underage, so young, probaly 13-14y, latin looking, i was shocked. Never happened smth like that, and I’ve been visiting brothel for a long time (10 years) but never saw any underage girls in that business. I said no. Wanted to leave completely, but since the guy was looking me strange I said I’ll go with the other girls, and picked on the other girls, 30 smth, left there. I’ve been very disturbed pas few days about what I saw, those girls were so young. Don’t know what to do. My question is this how can i hint/tip the police about what i saw? I don’t want to be involved at all. Either keep my mouth shut or I tip the cops. But the view disturbed me, and I’m not a person who gets easily disturbes. Thnx for info.

Ps. this is in Queens , NYC. I;m not a good person for going to brothels, i cant help myself. and wonder why the guy showed me underage girls.

Thankfully everyone in the thread tells him to report the place to the proper authorities.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I play Hearthstone on occasion. I just want to know how at risk I am for becoming the guy that’s like “I’m in a ranked match, put your lady-parts away and get off me. Jeez.”

I play Hearthstone on most days of the week and I would never turn down my girlfriend to play a children's card game. Never in millions of years.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I play Hearthstone on occasion. I just want to know how at risk I am for becoming the guy that’s like “I’m in a ranked match, put your lady-parts away and get off me. Jeez.”

Youre probably fine dude. You dont need to justify the fact that you play a card game to us. Or you do, but more because of your bad taste in online card games and not the fact that you play them at all.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Chaosfirev posted:

The fact that he even need to ask this is insane.

His comment:

quote:

First of all, thank you all for your comments and messages guys. Some have made me laugh which I needed and some have made me think. I have to spend the weekend with her for reasons too long to go into but after that I'm going to talk to her properly about this and work out when I'm going to call it a day. Having said that keep the advice coming guys!!
He's on the case guys, he's working this stuff out as we speak.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

hes going to give her his blessing to cheat while shes away and silently resent her the entire time shes gone, and will probably propose when she returns

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Palpek posted:

His comment:

He's on the case guys, he's working this stuff out as we speak.

I think he'll be okay. Not Pete-tier, but not spineless.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Palpek posted:

I (26f) am on my road trip honeymoon with my husband (26m) of two weeks. He keeps making annoying noises and now thinks it’s a joke and won’t stop even though I’ve asked him nicely several times. Is it appropriate to just get a plane ticket and fly home?

These are the kinds of stories I enjoy, it absolutely owns. Enjoy married bliss for the rest of your life lady!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If he's smart, he'll spend this weekend getting his ashes hauled and then ghost her rear end Sunday night.

He's probably not smart.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
But I would click 500 times and I would click 500 more just to be the guy that clicked 1000 times and got a divorce.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

*gets asked to stop clicking pen, puts on Saliva - click click boom on spotify* :smugdog:

-her husband, that she is going to have a family with

lmao

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

quote:

potentially ruin her experience

Jesus motherfucking Christ why does this spineless idiot exist?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

There were way too many people in those comments going "uh, yeah, it's called an open relationship and she's being totally upfront about it and the OP needs to chill out"

also the "just ask her if she'd be ok with you banging girls while she's away, bing bang boom" responses are kinda dumb IMO because she could just call his bluff and say "ok, sure, it's a deal :)"

(it's probably way easier to get laid as a traveler in foreign lands than it is as a guy living his usual day-to-day life who doesn't usually sleep around but is feeling a ton of pressure to do so quickly because it's the only way he can save face against his girlfriend getting hosed constantly on the other side of the world)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Palpek posted:

lol that he thinks she has any intention whatsoever of resuming the relationship when she gets back

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I think he'll be okay. Not Pete-tier, but not spineless.
Nah, in his original post he wrote about the idea of staying with her and ending it just before she goes on the trip (in June) so his "figuring out when to end it" will end up being that. I'm betting any rational resolution he will come to will get eroded in the meantime and when the time comes to end things he'll chicken out and agree to her idea. Which is great because we'll be hearing from him again.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol that he thinks she has any intention whatsoever of resuming the relationship when she gets back

She is going to come back and be all gushy about how travel changed her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kuros posted:

Featuring /r/legaladvice

A brothel I visited has underage girls

Thankfully everyone in the thread tells him to report the place to the proper authorities.

just released my new EP, Accidental Brothel

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

She wouldn't be trying to set up this temporary deal if she didn't want to have him around as a steady sure thing when she got back

Palpek posted:

Nah, in his original post he wrote about the idea of staying with her and ending it just before she goes on the trip (in June) so his "figuring out when to end it" will end up being that. I'm betting any rational resolution he will come to will get eroded in the meantime and when the time comes to end things he'll chicken out and agree to her idea. Which is great because we'll be hearing from him again.

I think this is a bad idea because all she has to do is act sufficiently contrite and wise and changed when she returns and she probably just gets what she wanted all along

Better to just end it now since he knows what's up

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I mean yeah, any self-respecting human would end things the moment she decided to reveal her plan to him (a reminder that she didn't ask him about it, she simply informed him what she's going to do) but this guy isn't one.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

because it's the only way he can save face against his girlfriend getting hosed constantly on the other side of the world)

To be fair it probably won't be constantly

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My [22F] Boyfriend [45M] of 2 years just read 50 Shades of Grey and wants to ‘experiment’

quote:

My boyfriend, let’s call him Geoff, and I have been in a committed relationship for 2 years now. His first marriage didn’t end well and I’ve had my fair share of heartbreak, so it took a while for us to trust each other. Fortunately, things have been great and I think I really love him. In the bedroom things have always gone great but for a long time I didn’t bring up some of my more ‘obscure’ sexual fantasies. I’ve had previous partners who were very receptive to this and I felt close enough to Geoff to explore these with him. I approached the idea with him and he was initially hesitant, but I asked him to read 50 Shades of Grey as a kind of joke. He surprised me by finishing the entire series in two weeks! He said he’d love to spice things thing up in the bedroom.

We started slow and things went great, but yesterday he came home from work with a ‘steamy shades submissive kit’ which I’m sure he got from Sexyland (an adult store in Australia). This crosses a line for me, and I’ve been feeling uncomfortable. I don’t like that I feel objectified by these products, and I’m also slightly afraid that his kids will stumble across any of the toys he’s purchased and leaves out in the open (they stay with us every other weekend).

Also, he knows I detest the idea of handcuffs due to my claustrophobia, yet he tries to get me to wear them almost every time now. It’s progressed to him constantly talking of swings, ball-gags and latex and at this point its making me feel very uneasy. He even wanted me to call him ‘Master’ which I can’t help but find to be demeaning and I’m just not into it. It sounds hypocritical, but I can’t look at him the same anymore. I feel I’ve really tried to tell him how I feel about it and he always promises to tone it down, but the next day there’ll be a new toy he ‘jokingly’ wants to try out.

I don’t want this to change things between us, but I feel like it already has.

tl;dr: Convinced my boyfriend to experiment in the bedroom, but his efforts have made me feel uncomfortable and he doesn't seem to care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nBHZUJ8QLE

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

don’t like that I feel objectified by these products, and I’m also slightly afraid that his kids will stumble across any of the toys he’s purchased and leaves out in the open (they stay with us every other weekend). 

Also, he knows I detest the idea of handcuffs due to my claustrophobia, yet he tries to get me to wear them almost every time now. It’s progressed to him constantly talking of swings, ball-gags and latex and at this point its making me feel very uneasy. He even wanted me to call him ‘Master’ which I can’t help but find to be demeaning and I’m just not into it

Nothing at all wrong with any of that but if you feel that way, it does beg the question... why would you ask your lover to read 50 shades?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She probably just saw the movie, in which it gets as kinky as light spanking

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

loquacius posted:

She wouldn't be trying to set up this temporary deal if she didn't want to have him around as a steady sure thing when she got back

nah, it's a soft breakup. she's hoping he'll find someone else while she's away so she doesn't have to dump him. if he actually sticks it out she's gonna come back and say "things are different/i've got a new perspective now/[whatever]" and leave him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Nothing at all wrong with any of that but if you feel that way, it does beg the question... why would you ask your lover to read 50 shades?

Yeah, honestly I could get it if she was like "he's way too into it and needs to slow down" but her attitude is that she's scandalized over him buying :ohdear:sex toys:ohdear:

If she doesn't like feeling objectified I dunno if this is her scene exactly