Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Speaking of, I'm debating if I want to buy Bridge Crew for PSVR or not.

It's fun as hell. Drunk, sober, with friends, or with pubbies, fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

oh no a MOBA bit the dust the world will forever be lacking another MOBA

Now how will I play games as a Korean pop star :qq:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You don't play it with us and therefore you're a scrub

And nitro circus is not your grandpa's pubg

Nitro Circus official music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E

Shockules
May 2, 2017
I tried Paragon but just couldn't get past the clunky feeling controls. It seemed to have a lot of support from the people playing it so I'm a little surprised that it shut down.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

Forgot to post this last week, but Paragon is shutting down, but you can get a refund on it.

I mean that's pretty solid of them to be offering full refunds for any money spent purchasing the game and on in game poo poo. EA would be like "Lol thanks for paying money for our diarrhea game, adios bitches"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
found a new game, thinking of checking it out

+ mount and blade warband but with guns
single player only
- russian devs
- early access

https://www.freeman-game.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Let us know how it is! That does look interesting, but yeah, early access and all gives me pause.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mutant League Football got a remake?

WHY THE gently caress DID NO ONE TELL ME?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529520/Mutant_Football_League/

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Mutant League Football got a remake?

WHY THE gently caress DID NO ONE TELL ME?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529520/Mutant_Football_League/

Pretty sure it even got mentioned in this very thread sir

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Pretty sure it even got mentioned in this very thread sir

I was away on vacation, ok? :saddowns:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think I might break back into Skyrim, now that there's a script extender for SSE and actual mods are ported over and working now.

But that's going to require likely several days of prep time and I don't have the energy today.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You should get no man's sky

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
is that actually good now

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They added a lot to it since launch(since it was barely a game at launch, lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

Is it good now? Who knows, I haven't given a gently caress about it since a month after launch, but I should redownload it and see what it's like.

edit: oh and i guess 1.5 is supposed to drop soonish? We'll see

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 1, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I got Halcyon 6. It looks ok and it was 7 dollars.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I got Halcyon 6. It looks ok and it was 7 dollars.

It gets really stale and once you think you've beaten the game it goes "Nope!" and tosses another round of the same poo poo at you

I've been playing Subnautica lately. The release version is actually a significant improvement from when I played the Early Access version a few months ago, which is surprising.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah they've added the other escape pods and a lot of story stuff to the game. The invisible islands are dumb as hell though

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Third World Reggin posted:

found a new game, thinking of checking it out

+ mount and blade warband but with guns
single player only
- russian devs
- early access

https://www.freeman-game.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/
This... actually looks like it has a lot of potential. Russian devs could be a plus and/or a minus; 7.62 High Calibre, for example, is an amazing and spergy but hilariously buggy and unstable game.

"Potential" is the key word here.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
loving :laffo:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Got my copy off Amazon a couple months ago for $13. It was a pretty sad DVD case with an Origin cd key on a paper slip inside.

Still haven't played the drat thing.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Necrodancer makes me want to play Katamari Damacy and Katamari never came out on the PS4 or Xboxen?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Still too much

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I'm just pretending that nothing has happened after your last stand bro-down with all your homies on Earth, and Shepherd hasn't left on the final mission yet. It's better this way.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the new dragonball fighting game is fun as heck

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the new dragonball fighting game is fun as heck

It is very good. I don't know poo poo about the show but the fat pink guy is really fun. I like how even scrub tier players can do cool moves and smash people real good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its really true to the show

the voices and animation are fuckjng dope. Arcsys does autocombos right, too

its a really simple, well executed game done by a team of superfans who know what makes fighting games fun

im ready to make a pc for my sister so we can play online. the netplay has been really good for a just launched game

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its a really simple, well executed game done by a team of superfans who know what makes fighting games fun

im ready to make a pc for my sister so we can play online. the netplay has been really good for a just launched game

Hate to tell you but buying a video card right now entails a 200% price hike. And DDR4 ram prices will only start coming down late summer if ever. So while the intel 8000 series are great processors and hard drive space is pennies and still fast as heck you’re hosed price wise. If you’ve got a spare video card made in the last four years that you can use it may be worth it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yeah the cards that were $450 before Halloween are over $1100 now. Thanks, crypto miners. That WAS my plan for the tax return.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah i have a network of fellow scavengers and should be able to cobble together a system. video card should be easy since a bunch of em upgraded to 1080s

last two systems i made i've only bought hard drives for and run the stuff i play at max settings

we all share our spare poo poo and offer what we know how to do. i crack friends systems to play emulators and poo poo.

now im sitting on a friends Saturn for when I can grab a SD card mod for the CD laser to run every saturn game. I've done a bunch of PS3 jailbreaks for weed or pc parts, and a few Vitas. Also got other people asking for SNES Classic mods.

i started this poo poo in the dreamcast days by charging $10 for netzero converted accounts for free dial up access to Sega.Net.

It's the poo poo that aligns my sperg chakras and a big part of why i built my cabinet. the pc for that was built outta spare parts. i had friends who wanted to take advantage of my hours of combing through ROMS and getting all the loving title artwork and box art renders correct, while culling all the hundreds of mah jong MAME roms out

holy poo poo this is good weed

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Holy gently caress.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey kfff are you here

tell me how to play total war

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I'm just pretending that nothing has happened after your last stand bro-down with all your homies on Earth, and Shepherd hasn't left on the final mission yet. It's better this way.

You're not far off. One of the few moments in Andromeda that was worth a drat was when you gain access to your father's full information suite and get to read all the frantic calls for help from the Milky Way.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
How do peeps in MH:W use anything but the gun lance? This thing is fully sick.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Holy gently caress.

get rekt god drat

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I barely squeaked that one out even though the proportion of men lost may not reflect it. Granted, I was defending a fortified settlement, but the Russians throwing three full strength armies and change against the walls makes for a long, tough slog. I had to sacrifice my cavalry just to keep their artillery off the field.

Thank gently caress the game limits each side to twenty units deployed at a time. If that were not the case or if they had gotten more guys up on the walls in that first wave then it would have been an awfully short battle.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How do peeps in MH:W use anything but the gun lance? This thing is fully sick.

Charge blade my dude.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I should try more weapons though. Tried dual swords then charge blade and then didn’t try much else.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

As a total newb should I just pick which sounds coolest or what

I like mashing buttons like a 12-year-old on caffeine and swinging poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I have heard yamcha is too strong, so not cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

As a total newb should I just pick which sounds coolest or what

I like mashing buttons like a 12-year-old on caffeine and swinging poo poo

They all have very different play styles. This video gives a good idea on what you would like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JycMIKonIZ4