Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Gloomy Rube posted:

Okay, thanks, that's a huge help. Do BLMs do anything similar with scathe? (Or did, I'm having trouble imagining someone working that in while keeping enochian up)

I've always used scathe when the enemy is so low, it's not worth trying to cast another spell before they're dead. I'm sure there's probably some better way to use it though

I need to work on knowing when to use sharpcast personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

hey all, new username

Anyway, I'm apparently close to the endgame of Stormblood. I fought Hakuro earlier, and he fed me my rear end. Gonna try again tonight

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gloomy Rube posted:

Okay, thanks, that's a huge help. Do BLMs do anything similar with scathe? (Or did, I'm having trouble imagining someone working that in while keeping enochian up)

No, because the only OGCDs that BLM's have are procs and Foul (which takes awhile to build up.)

Scathe is purely a 'I need to move and I don't have my teleports yet' or 'this thing is going to die before i get a cast off, time to massage my numbers a bit' spell.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Sometimes during a dungeon I'll sharpcast scathe in the hopes that somebody will notice in ACT and be confused :v:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

troofs posted:

Sometimes during a dungeon I'll sharpcast scathe in the hopes that somebody will notice in ACT and be confused :v:

They’ll likely think it was a cat on your keyboard.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
4.2 MSQ Spoilers:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So as WAR, I know I want to be keeping the storm's eye buff up 100% of the time, but assuming I'm not worried about enmity and all I care about is maxing out my deeps, should I be using the butcher's block combo or the storm's path combo outside of that?

Some quick math tells me that the BB combo is 30 potency higher than the SP combo, but I'm not enough of a nerd to tell if the extra 10 beast gauge and the mob-specific debuff I get out of the SP combo outweighs that. Help me out nerds

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 2, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SwissArmyDruid posted:

4.2 MSQ Spoilers:

He's so adorable when he tries to be threatening.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Ainsley McTree posted:

So as WAR, I know I want to be keeping the storm's eye buff up 100% of the time, but assuming I'm not worried about enmity and all I care about is maxing out my deeps, should I be using the butcher's block combo or the storm's path combo outside of that?

Some quick math tells me that the BB combo is 30 potency higher than the SP combo, but I'm not enough of a nerd to tell if the extra 10 beast gauge and the mob-specific debuff I get out of the SP combo outweighs that. Help me out nerds

10 beast gauge is worth 50 potency minimum. BB can be used for emnity, or if you're at 80 gauge and don't want to spend any before the end of your next combo. Storm's Path is what you do when everything else is taken care of and you want more damage.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
What are the best triple triad cards to buy for MGP?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

10 beast gauge is worth 50 potency minimum. BB can be used for emnity, or if you're at 80 gauge and don't want to spend any before the end of your next combo. Storm's Path is what you do when everything else is taken care of and you want more damage.

Sweet, thank you!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

4.2 MSQ Spoilers:

Requesting Lalafel version

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Brainamp posted:

Then he went back to his little ship and listened to My Boyfriend's Back on loop.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Requesting Lalafel version

https://imgur.com/a/0QOO9

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that cut scene was silly cus my roe is twice that nerds height and could crush him like a twig

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Nice, Saddlebags are a wholly seperate inventory like Retainers. So you can stash Uniques in them, like maps, and effectively carry two.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

No, because the only OGCDs that BLM's have are procs and Foul (which takes awhile to build up.)

Scathe is purely a 'I need to move and I don't have my teleports yet' or 'this thing is going to die before i get a cast off, time to massage my numbers a bit' spell.

Neither of them are instant cast, though. BLM has no damaging instant-cast actions. Scathe is only useful if you have to move and you don't have Swiftcast or Triplecast up and you can't just AM it (because the place you're moving to doesn't have anyone else standing there).

Sharpcast is useful as a 'delayed Swiftcast': you sharp a Fire or Thunder and then you'll have a proc to safeguard with for 18 seconds. It's also a DPS gain to sharp a Fire 1 during Astral as long as you use the sharp itself after a Firestarter proc.

vOv fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 2, 2018

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Me before the patch: "Saddlebags are dumb, why not just give us more inventory space?"

Me after the patch: "You have 3 slots remaining in your saddlebags."

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm bummed I can't use items from the saddlebag but w/e inventory space is inventory space and I'll takes whatever I can gets.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I already love the saddlebags because I have some things in my inventory I only need rarely, but don't want to have to fish out of my retainer's inventory, like my stacks of celebratory champagne or heavenscrackers.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Brainamp posted:

I feel like telling him "Look billy badass, I beat the poo poo out of the guy you viewed as a living god of war While he was melded with an Eikon. Do you really want to start poo poo?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've thrown my tokens/materia exchange kind of stuff in my saddle bags so I can't accidentally throw them in an inventory clearout but I can easily check what I got.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’d be fine with them simplifying Pve into pvp style rotations if it reduces the odds of queuing with people like that

I mean, I know people are always going to find new ways to be bad, but

Yeah the fact that Enochian/Fire 4/Blizzard 4 aren't all the same button like they are in PvP feels like a joke. All 3 spells are conditional depending on if Enochian is active and what stance you're in, you can't (or have negative reason to) cast the other two spells when you're able to cast one of them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jolt 2 should turn into Impact too and the only reason I imagine it doesn't is because they are planning on a Jolt 3 or Impact 2 in 5.0 that might gently caress with that kind of thing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Happy Valentione's. :dance:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

I feel like telling him "Look billy badass, I beat the poo poo out of the guy you viewed as a living god of war While he was melded with an Eikon. Do you really want to start poo poo?

Was not the whole conversation him trying to get you to start poo poo instead? To derail the prisoner exchange.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Weissritter posted:

Was not the whole conversation him trying to get you to start poo poo instead? To derail the prisoner exchange.

My theory on the Asahi scene was he threatened you to make sure you show up in Doma at that specific time and place so Zenos can genocide the gently caress out of ala mhigo while they have your attention with some bullshit.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I do kinda wish I had dialog options for that whole scene. Either "I will crush you" or "Zenos loved me way more than you or your empire" would have been fine.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

My theory on the Asahi scene was he threatened you to make sure you show up in Doma at that specific time and place so Zenos can genocide the gently caress out of ala mhigo while they have your attention with some bullshit.

I dunno, that doesn't sound like Elidibus's MO. I'm sure there is some entirely terrible convoluted bullshit scheme being worked up, but I doubt this is its endgame.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Adept Nightingale posted:

I dunno, that doesn't sound like Elidibus's MO. I'm sure there is some entirely terrible convoluted bullshit scheme being worked up, but I doubt this is its endgame.
Oh I suspect I know the scheme.

They are going to try to get hold of the Black Rose and go dump it in Doma's One River or something like that. They made sure you did that quest line to unlock the Ananta for a reason.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Nessus posted:

Oh I suspect I know the scheme.

They are going to try to get hold of the Black Rose and go dump it in Doma's One River or something like that. They made sure you did that quest line to unlock the Ananta for a reason.

Yeah, that's been my hunch since I did that questline, remembered what happened to the last Doma in a Final Fantasy, and put two and two together. I kinda doubt they're going to straight up wipe Doma out, since it would basically lock the plot into a war of extermination between the Good Guys and the Garleans, but who knows?

Anyways, the Valentione quest is cute and has a surprisingly fun two person duty in it! The heart chairs are a pain to work with, at least on my particular combination of race, gender, and side. Had to leave a bit of a gap to avoid clipping like mad, but eh.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I finished the Stormblood main story.

That final shot of Yda and Papalymo in the credits loving wrecked me.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Addressing some concerns about 4.2's msq cliffhanger

Why are people ruffled by this? 4.1 already said Xenos was alive in some form.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yay I finally finished Heavensward (main) storyline yesterday! The final boss fight in that was super cool, albeit easy to quickly burn down. I gotta say I enjoyed the Heavensward story through and through, even the slower parts or the non-Ishgard stuff. Are the quests between HW main story and SB as terrible as the ones between ARR and HW?

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The 3.x quests are much better than the 2.x quests.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are less of them and because of that, you're doing less pointless busy work.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Addressing some concerns about 4.2's msq cliffhanger

Why are people ruffled by this? 4.1 already said Xenos was alive in some form.

The only surprising thing about the 4.2 MSQ is Yotsuyu's amnesia is being played straight.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I am hella PEEVED posted:

I do kinda wish I had dialog options for that whole scene. Either "I will crush you" or "Zenos loved me way more than you or your empire" would have been fine.

Even a simple "Zenos was my friend" would have been great.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BrightWing posted:

Even a simple "Zenos was my friend" would have been great.

Do u even Echo, Bruh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Me before the patch: "Saddlebags are dumb, why not just give us more inventory space?"

Me after the patch: "You have 3 slots remaining in your saddlebags."

or me

"where the gently caress are those shoes i glamoured before". Checks all retainers and armory. Forgot I left them in my chocobo bag.