Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Yeah but usually it's arranged by a bridesmaid, the moh, not the bride herself. So it's not awkward when she contacts the others like, "is this possible for you? I was thinking about doing x, y, and z." If you're going to arrange a party without consulting the people you're expecting to pay for it, that is a giant dick move, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

I loosely recall the legend of a D&D poster who turned out to engage in slave roleplay in a similar fashion.

That would be Zeitgeist, has a cushy tech job while lecturing about the plight of the poor and made a feminism thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lonely Virgil posted:

That would be Zeitgeist, has a cushy tech job while lecturing about the plight of the poor and made a feminism thread.

Goons yet again are years ahead of the curve on internet trends, in this case, outspoken woke allies turning out to be various flavours of terrible sex creeps.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Goons yet again are years ahead of the curve on internet trends, in this case, outspoken woke allies turning out to be various flavours of terrible sex creeps.

His avatar was literally dirty child laborers with the flavor text "redistribute your wealth or we'll redistribute your blood".

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Palpek posted:

Me [31F] with my husband [36 M] 11 years, found out he's given >60k to his emotional affair[23f], how to move forward

:wtc:

How is the solution anything but leaving his rear end? I get that they've been poly before but that's not really even the biggest problem here, he completely wrecked their finances in a year and tried to cover it up.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Huntersoninski posted:

Yeah but usually it's arranged by a bridesmaid, the moh, not the bride herself. So it's not awkward when she contacts the others like, "is this possible for you? I was thinking about doing x, y, and z." If you're going to arrange a party without consulting the people you're expecting to pay for it, that is a giant dick move, imo.

My buddy’s bachelor party is like this. A few states away, two weeks ahead of the actual wedding, which I actually am flying in for. I told the guy planning stuff that I couldn’t make two trips in two weeks and don’t have two weeks of time off. He was super cool and apologetic about it, as was the groom. I feel like that’s how most people are?

We only hear about the crazy ones because nobody’s posting on Reddit “we had a pleasant conversation and everything is fine”

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Dick Valentine posted:

My [21F] ex [23M] had a fetish that made me so uncomfortable I ended our 5 year relationship. Now he’s making me out to be the bad guy. What do I do?

:killing:

Huh, I was expecting the worst and was still surprised. Apparently I'm still too green when it comes to sex kinks.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Danaru posted:

[UK] Head physician of practice refused to re-wrap my potentially broken hand with a support bandage while in my appointment with him, then palmed me off to the nurses to make me wait 45 minutes.

The OP is a gigantic baby

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Sometimes I think it's best if you just keep your kinks to yourself.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Gorilla Salad posted:

"Oh yeah baby, we're getting all Tool Time tonight. I'm gonna rub your titties with Elmer's glue and peel it off when it dries."
I hate how certain I am that this is at least one person's fetish and probably way more.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Yawgmoth posted:

I hate how certain I am that this is at least one person's fetish and probably way more.

The way I read your quote in my mind was punctuated by Tim Allen grunting. Don't know if that makes it any better or worse.

Now all I'm thinking about is someone modifying/overclocking a vibrator or something and shouting MORE POWER OAGH OAGH OAGH as it spins wildly out of control and begins smoking.

And then it dawns on my that someone probably has exactly that fetish. My mind is broken. Send help.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lonely Virgil posted:

His avatar was literally dirty child laborers with the flavor text "redistribute your wealth or we'll redistribute your blood".

Obviously this is a person who loves and respects women, not just an rear end in a top hat who repeats phrases he thinks confirm he’s better than other people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Race fetishes are still one of the weirdest ones

It's even weirder when someone has a submissive race fetish

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Pick posted:

Obviously this is a person who loves and respects women, not just an rear end in a top hat who repeats phrases he thinks confirm he’s better than other people

Surely you're not alleging that he is virtue signaling.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My (24f) girlfriend (27f) waved a knife at me

quote:

Yesterday evening my girlfriend arrived home and we sat down with a bottle of wine and our friend. The whole evening she was speaking in a very aggressive way (lots of hand gestures , pointing, virtually shaking) about what should have been just a normal conversation about passports. She drank the majority of the wine, launches into a 45 minute rant about how I am an idiot and a hypocrite And a bad person for doing the studies I do. I didn’t react in a very angry way back but I did ask her to take it down a notch. She was cooking something at the time and then suddenly comes at me waving a huge knife in the same really angry way. I asked her three times to put it down and eventually she had me virtually up against the wall

She says I am crazy to think she would stab me, but she severely beat up an ex of hers and has on many occasions thrown things at me or squared up to me asking ‘if I really wanted to see her get annoyed’

Is there ever a justification for this kind of thing? Did I over react?

TLDR my girlfriend waved a knife at me in an angry way and now I’m wondering if I overreacted

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

[UK] Head physician of practice refused to re-wrap my potentially broken hand with a support bandage while in my appointment with him, then palmed me off to the nurses to make me wait 45 minutes.

What a drama queen. The UK GP system is horribly understaffed and the doctor quite rightly left the grunt work to someone else. You get a 10 or 15 minute slot with a GP and they're not going to waste time on bandages, drawing bloods or other such things they have staff for.
Boo hoo, I had to wait some time for my free health care.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vargatron posted:

Surely you're not alleging that he is virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling, like so many other things, is a real concept that the Internet warped to complete meaninglessness once it got its hands on it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

The way I read your quote in my mind was punctuated by Tim Allen grunting. Don't know if that makes it any better or worse.

Now all I'm thinking about is someone modifying/overclocking a vibrator or something and shouting MORE POWER OAGH OAGH OAGH as it spins wildly out of control and begins smoking.

And then it dawns on my that someone probably has exactly that fetish. My mind is broken. Send help.

This is my WoW raid group.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Ratzap posted:

What a drama queen. The UK GP system is horribly understaffed and the doctor quite rightly left the grunt work to someone else. You get a 10 or 15 minute slot with a GP and they're not going to waste time on bandages, drawing bloods or other such things they have staff for.
Boo hoo, I had to wait some time for my free health care.
It was still within the 10-minute slot and it would've taken like 30 seconds. Would you really have been thrilled to sit around for another 45 minutes before a nurse was free? It's pretty ridiculous if that's normal there, and it doesn't explain the weird "the doctor doesn't have the skill to wrap a bandage" excuse.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
(CA) Have custody laws caught up to poly-amorous relationships?

u/amethyn
This is more out of curiosity than anything as I am not directly involved in the situation. Forgive any unnecessary details, trying to be thorough.

A (female) friend of mine was in a poly-amorous relationship with three other people (two men and a woman). The other woman and one of the men were a legally married couple. They all lived together in the same home. If it matters, Friend was in a relationship with Wife, Wife was in a relationship with Husband and Friend, and Husband was in a relationship with Wife and Other Male. But Friend was not in a relationship with anyone other than Wife.

The wife became pregnant by her husband. This was a planned pregnancy and prior to getting pregnant, three of the four people in the relationship (the married couple and my friend) decided they would be parents to the baby (the other man in the relationship requested to have no parental relationship with the baby but he is still in a romantic relationship with the bio parents). My friend was incredibly active in the pregnancy, attended OB appointments, and was presented as the pregnant mother's wife to hospital staff despite not being legally married. Once the baby was born, my friend raised the baby with the two bio parents for several months and was referred to as the third parent to doctors, friends, family, etc. Abruptly, Wife decided that she wished to end the relationship with Friend and Friend was to have no further contact with the baby.

Would my friend have any grounds to seek visitation with the baby? The bio-mom, Wife, feels strongly that my friend should not be involved anymore and bio-dad is going along with her reluctantly. It's such a poo poo-show and I feel really badly for my friend, just wondering if the courts have caught up to these complicated relationships and how it affects custody.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

It was still within the 10-minute slot and it would've taken like 30 seconds. Would you really have been thrilled to sit around for another 45 minutes before a nurse was free? It's pretty ridiculous if that's normal there, and it doesn't explain the weird "the doctor doesn't have the skill to wrap a bandage" excuse.

The way too long story makes it unclear but it sounds like it’s literally a home-applied ace bandage, so exactly one step up from a band aid. You can reapply your own minor bandage just fine.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

She gets so angry because she really cares, OP. Act better and you'll be fine.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Arivia posted:

The way too long story makes it unclear but it sounds like it’s literally a home-applied ace bandage, so exactly one step up from a band aid. You can reapply your own minor bandage just fine.
Not so much with one broken hand

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

CheesyDog posted:

(CA) Have custody laws caught up to poly-amorous relationships?

u/amethyn
This is more out of curiosity than anything as I am not directly involved in the situation. Forgive any unnecessary details, trying to be thorough.

A (female) friend of mine was in a poly-amorous relationship with three other people (two men and a woman). The other woman and one of the men were a legally married couple. They all lived together in the same home. If it matters, Friend was in a relationship with Wife, Wife was in a relationship with Husband and Friend, and Husband was in a relationship with Wife and Other Male. But Friend was not in a relationship with anyone other than Wife.

The wife became pregnant by her husband. This was a planned pregnancy and prior to getting pregnant, three of the four people in the relationship (the married couple and my friend) decided they would be parents to the baby (the other man in the relationship requested to have no parental relationship with the baby but he is still in a romantic relationship with the bio parents). My friend was incredibly active in the pregnancy, attended OB appointments, and was presented as the pregnant mother's wife to hospital staff despite not being legally married. Once the baby was born, my friend raised the baby with the two bio parents for several months and was referred to as the third parent to doctors, friends, family, etc. Abruptly, Wife decided that she wished to end the relationship with Friend and Friend was to have no further contact with the baby.

Would my friend have any grounds to seek visitation with the baby? The bio-mom, Wife, feels strongly that my friend should not be involved anymore and bio-dad is going along with her reluctantly. It's such a poo poo-show and I feel really badly for my friend, just wondering if the courts have caught up to these complicated relationships and how it affects custody.

They didn't have to say that this was in California

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Danaru posted:

I really want to know what she studies. Must be cutting-edge stuff.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

If the dude's arm was broken or something it'd be swollen and purple. Sounds like the doc saw that he wasn't hosed up and was like "hey gotta go see other people".

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

The bandage wasn't doing anything. He should have also kissed it to make it feel better, right?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blade Runner posted:

My favorite part is the guy living with and banging both parents who plans on not being involved with the child's life

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Precedent is established state-by-state, so far the big ruling is in NY http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/03/13/new_york_court_affirms_poly_parenthood_with_three_way_custody_ruling.html

Vargatron posted:

If the dude's arm was broken or something it'd be swollen and purple. Sounds like the doc saw that he wasn't hosed up and was like "hey gotta go see other people".
So the doctor sent them to get an X-ray because?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blade Runner posted:

Hey now, it could be in Portland.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

CheesyDog posted:

My favorite part is the guy living with and banging both parents who plans on not being involved with the child's life
He just said he wasn't going to have a parental relationship - some men are born to dad, but others are uncles through and through.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Anne Whateley posted:

Standard process. Have you ever had a broken bone? You know when you have a fracture rather than just a bone bruise/chip. Like there's visual indications present with broken bones and a lot of people go into the doctor's office with a fake injury to get pain medication.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I can't support these people and their relationship

Think about the effects these things can have on the mentality of a young female horse

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Anne Whateley posted:

I mean it sucks that our GP system is understaffed due to a long-term and deliberate underfunding of the NHS with the ultimate goal of backdoor privatising it and selling it off to the highest (American) bidder, and thus getting minor injuries treated can be a tiresome and lengthy process.

But this guy is still being a whiny arsehole and an idiot to boot - who the hell wants a doctor to take bloods or put a bandage on? They're terrible at it, get a nurse who does it 200 times a day instead.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Anne Whateley posted:

If he thought it was likely to be broken, he should have splinted it. An ace bandage does nothing and is irrelevant, and a head physician of a primary care practice does not have time to be personally applying ineffective psychological comfort treatments.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CheesyDog posted:

I don't think he was banging the wife, my understanding was that it was a married couple and each of their respective same-sex fuckbuddies

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Anne Whateley posted:

Not so much with one broken hand

An ace bandage? Yeah you could. Pull taut, clip on. Done.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
So the doctor thought it was broken enough to send them for an expensive and time-consuming procedure, but he also didn't think it was broken enough to spend 30 seconds of the existing appointment to immobilize it for free

:iiam:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Ace bandages don't immobilize anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

The 10 min window is the maximum an appointment can take for things not to overrun horribly. If you're not actively dying then the doctor is going to tell you go home and take some pain killers. The nurses are there to do that kind of job.

The OP is massive baby and need to take some responsibility for their own health. He clearly doesn't need it bandaged as he's got better things to do like post angrily on the internet. Like seriously what else was he going to do with his day? The bandage wasn't magically going to make the hurt go away so he was just choosing to be in agony somewhere else.