Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Baron von Eevl posted:

When can we get back to zombie meaning voodoo zombie? Like, we had Romero's shambling corpses, then Danny Boyle's infected Ragers, can we get back to stumbling around in a daze and following orders?
We definitely need necromantic zombies too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

He needs to make more movies just so he can bump Warcraft off the credit list.

Saw a comment on Twitter to the effect of "Yeah, Duncan gonna make this 4/4 for great movies!" and I was trying to remember what the 3rd was...

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Looking forward to Tom Cruise get the Water Chip to save his vault. The truly mission impossible.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Some of Mondo's set of Universal Monster posters.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sure it's terrible, but I admit this poster kinda creeps me out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

MikeJF posted:

I'm sure it's terrible, but I admit this poster kinda creeps me out.

If the movie disappoints, here's an amazing take on the subject.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

My first thought after seeing this was that Canabalt was getting the movie-of-the-game treatment.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

My first thought after seeing this was that Canabalt was getting the movie-of-the-game treatment.

Nah, you can't cast an endless runner as anybody but Tom Cruise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Skyscraper Summer looks intense

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, no! He's falling straight down and there just so happens to be a building and a crane nearby! Guess he's dead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yep. I'm down. The Rock has rarely disappointed me.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Teenage Fansub posted:

If the movie disappoints, here's an amazing take on the subject.

The folks on the right make it look like some creepy Wizard of Oz take

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Did Dwayne just have to alternate between the Rampage and Skyscraper greenscreen studios, swap dirty white shirts and go? Sounds like a sweet deal.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Did Dwayne just have to alternate between the Rampage and Skyscraper greenscreen studios, swap dirty white shirts and go? Sounds like a sweet deal.

I think he already finished filming Rampage when he went to Shanghai to film Skyscraper.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hi. I write horror movie reviews for Rolling Stone. The name's David. David Fear.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
No, vem ber!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Works on contingency? No, vem ber!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I can't wait to see the upcoming arthouse documentary on the shrinking religious community in Sweden, Nu Vem Ber

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ну, погоди!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Krankenstyle posted:

Ну, погоди!

If this was a political cartoon, you'd just have said "Hi, moron!"

(November? I never even met her! :downsrim: )

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:smug:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hi. I write horror movie reviews for Rolling Stone. The name's David. David Fear.

Nosferatu starred a dude literally called Max Fright. Except you know in German.

Which is one of the reasons there actually were some theories that Max Schreck was really a vampire because that's up there with Alucard as far as transparently fake vampire pseudonyms go.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 3, 2018

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wasn't that the plot of that one Malkovich film? I saw it but I can't remember if it was any good or not.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wasn't that the plot of that one Malkovich film? I saw it but I can't remember if it was any good or not.

Shadow of the Vampire, yes. And yes, it's good.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The one where he played a jewel thief?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

I think he already finished filming Rampage when he went to Shanghai to film Skyscraper.

Skyscraper was shot in Vancouver.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Dillbag posted:

Skyscraper was shot in Vancouver.

Vancouver standing in for China? Ridiculous!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Nosferatu starred a dude literally called Max Fright. Except you know in German.

Which is one of the reasons there actually were some theories that Max Schreck was really a vampire because that's up there with Alucard as far as transparently fake vampire pseudonyms go.

It's true. Vampires always have obvious fake names. Even in Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula takes on the pseudonym Count de Ville.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/jpsmythe/status/959561969618620416

https://twitter.com/ChristianBedwel/status/959848889443606529

lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You can't apply human science to The Rock

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChristianBedwel/status/959910720757518337

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait would the crane falling forward actually affect the length of his jump? I feel like that doesn’t make any sense, like thinking that jumping as a plummeting elevator hit the ground would save you (in reality it would be impossible to time and even if you were able to you’d probably just hit the ceiling and snap your neck instead).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lelandjs posted:

Wait would the crane falling forward actually affect the length of his jump? I feel like that doesn’t make any sense, like thinking that jumping as a plummeting elevator hit the ground would save you (in reality it would be impossible to time and even if you were able to you’d probably just hit the ceiling and snap your neck instead).

They're all wrong anyway since he jumped backwards out of the window toward the crane.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

lelandjs posted:

A crane in freefall isn't going to help you, but if it's pivoting around its base you should gain more in lateral momentum than you lose by riding it downwards.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
The big twist in the movie is that the big hyped-up crane jump scene ends in the guy's death and it was a shocking subversion of expectations that would change the movie industry forever but now you drat physics nerds had to spoil it. Reshoots are underway.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe he isn't trying to jump into the broken window?

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Obviously the skyscraper is collapsing downwards and the window will meet his trajectory, like that scene in Uncharted 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hes aiming for the bushes.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 4, 2018