Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The best new kit is clearly this one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The idea of getting a grimoire that isnt overpriced to heck from gougers has me very hype.

Also i'm torn between being super happy we're getting a new BF that usn't Zeta Gundam Power Hour, and being depressed that the cutepool has reminded me of the lack of a good kapool kit still.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

The idea of getting a grimoire that isnt overpriced to heck from gougers has me very hype.

Also i'm torn between being super happy we're getting a new BF that usn't Zeta Gundam Power Hour, and being depressed that the cutepool has reminded me of the lack of a good kapool kit still.

Given the usual patterns, that cutepool makes it seem very plausible we're getting a good regular Kapool kit.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

PrinnySquadron posted:

That one hadn't shown up in my feed reader when I posted the Scopeoire. Can't decide which I like more.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I mentioned it in the main Gundam thread, but they showed a GN-X IV variation (in the Exia Dark Matter colours) which makes it the first time that has gone on general release in any form. I was going to try to get the P-Bandia GBF version in March, now may wait and see. I expect it should still be possible to make something closer to the base design, will have to check the GN-X frame layout.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PrinnySquadron posted:

This is a much better mascot than Beargguy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm somewhat disappointed the little pilot robot isn't a Haro.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

DigitalRaven posted:

Bunch of kits from the new Build Fighters ("Build Divers") been revealed. The best one is the Grimoire Scopedog Red Beret.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/02/hgbd-1144-grimoire-red-beret-release.html

Ha, I was like "Yeah that's scopedoggy if you squint" until I saw the red shoulder... on the wrong side

Def picking this up

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 2, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

PrinnySquadron posted:

I'm almost certain that my gf will want to pick this up.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Who cares about any of that, we're getting Haros

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

WAIT, WHAT THE gently caress?

BANDAI JUST TAKE MY GODDAMN WALLET! :shepspends:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Nope. Nope nope nope. Nothing will replace my love for Beargguy. I even bought the big stuffed Beargguy. :3:

Oh, goodbye money.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/figsoku/status/959330779196043265

thicc

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Finally someone has the presence of mind to fasten extra GN drives to their suit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

Finally someone has the presence of mind to fasten extra GN drives to their suit.

Looks like the parts all detach to form a mini Ptolemaios.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

I can't zoom in far enough, what the hell is going on inside of Haro on the bottom left?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

oh man, when i watched MSG (for the first time!) last year I thought 'why can't i build one of those'

i wish it wasn't petitguy size but i'm glad they're doing haro stuff now :shobon:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

tenderjerk posted:

oh man, when i watched MSG (for the first time!) last year I thought 'why can't i build one of those'

i wish it wasn't petitguy size but i'm glad they're doing haro stuff now :shobon:

It’s just the first step to a 1:1. After all, they made a BB-8 in 1:2 and it was about Haro sized I believe

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The Muffinlord posted:

I can't zoom in far enough, what the hell is going on inside of Haro on the bottom left?

Inner workings. you can see pics here: https://hlj.com/product/bann25728

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Muffinlord posted:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Build Divers is either going to be really good or bad for me. Good because anything Build Fighters related makes me want to build and try kitbashing and tackle my backlog.

Bad because it's just going to make my backlog bigger.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought a Barzam

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zodack posted:

Build Divers is either going to be really good or bad for me. Good because anything Build Fighters related makes me want to build and try kitbashing and tackle my backlog.

Bad because it's just going to make my backlog bigger.

If nothing else the new kits are far and away better than the recent "A Zeta Gundam, but X" ones.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

DigitalRaven posted:

Bunch of kits from the new Build Fighters ("Build Divers") been revealed. The best one is the Grimoire Scopedog Red Beret.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/02/hgbd-1144-grimoire-red-beret-release.html

dont give a poo poo about build divers but i want that red shoulder grimoire :allears:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm gonna buy five

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All the diver kits look awesome, even the AGE-2 one.

BTW that rotor backpack is a separate option pack purchase. So you can build yourself a drop squad of helibots :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Of course, the most wonderful thing about the Red Beret is that it’s piloted by a literal nazifur.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
Build Divers had a character flying a Daughtress, and that gives me hope that they'll make an HG of it. C'mon Bandai gimme that wonderful Gundam X grunt love, you know you want to. Or, if you'd like to literally rob me blind, make an HG Aries. Or a RE/100 Aries.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Started panel lining the Astray Red Frame, and jesus I forgot how much of a bitch MG astrays are to panel line.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

asterioth posted:

Started panel lining the Astray Red Frame, and jesus I forgot how much of a bitch MG astrays are to panel line.

I just panel line and decal/sticker as I build after making the rg zeta and getting to the end and not wanting to transform it to get at all the parts.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Phone pictures of progress on my MG Dark spooky Exia! I'm finding that I enjoy using the marker - it's my first time actually using it and it's pretty cool since you can rub it off (thank god) - and that holy cow, the MGs are stuffed with detail and tiny pieces. I love it!

e: Also, for reference, that head unit took me about half an hour to forty minutes? Which is perfect, because all that time in front of my lightbox really helps with depression. It's a win/win situation and I'm gonna need more MGs and RGs when I finish this kit...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Protip: Try using a q-tip to feather the marker lines in larger areas or cutouts, as you see fit.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
the "Use MGs to slow down" strat works great for me, combined with the "Never start another kit until you're finished with your current one" rule it's like a brick wall, plus feels great to poop out an HG after you're done

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Marx Headroom posted:

plus feels great to poop out an HG after you're done

Amen!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Marx Headroom posted:

"Never start another kit until you're finished with your current one"

You're doing it wrong!

You're supposed to have two backlogs at any one time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really looking forward to that Leo that comes apart at the joints for easy painting. The Barzam is going to be a loving nightmare

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Puddin posted:

You're doing it wrong!

You're supposed to have two backlogs at any one time.

My two backlogs:

Things I bought and plan to build.

Things I bought because they were cheap, or because I had another related suit from the show so obviously I need to complete the set.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

My backlogs:

MGs/HGs I'm building, that I can finish in 1-3 days

The PG Millennium Falcon sitting on my shelf until I decide to take a week off work to build it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Phone pictures of progress on my MG Dark spooky Exia! I'm finding that I enjoy using the marker - it's my first time actually using it and it's pretty cool since you can rub it off (thank god) - and that holy cow, the MGs are stuffed with detail and tiny pieces. I love it!

e: Also, for reference, that head unit took me about half an hour to forty minutes? Which is perfect, because all that time in front of my lightbox really helps with depression. It's a win/win situation and I'm gonna need more MGs and RGs when I finish this kit...

That's a really rad looking gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
They'd never do it but I shudder to think of what it would be like to build the segmented sword if they did a PG Epyon. It would be like 25 runners for it alone.