Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

therattle posted:

It’s no longer on Netflix UK, which is why your search didn’t work. I hope you’ve learned a valuable lesson.

Goddamn it; it figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

SiKboy posted:

That the real treasure was the friends he made along the way?

That, or that the most important thing is family. Or perhaps that one should be true to oneself.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not sure if this belongs here, because I have such little I remember, but I remember it so strongly and have never found the answer:

There was this movie (or maybe it was a tv miniseries) that I think was set in some almost-monochrome brown-and-white setting where there were orbs floating in the air. The one thing that I distinctly remember is that the setting had some sort of red latex rubber gloves that made singing noises (shot by having someone taking off the gloves and reversing the film, so it looked like they clumsily attached themselves to the person's hand) that were used for medical procedures that somehow went into someone's body to take out Bad Stuff. I recall a scene where some sort of doctor-person (that I want to say was Paul Winfield) using them correctly, but the movie/miniseries also had a scene where some not-from-this-fantasy-world dude had to use them.

I know it's not much to go on, but every few years I've tried to attach a name to this memory, only to fail for lack of much concrete to google.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

Not sure if this belongs here, because I have such little I remember, but I remember it so strongly and have never found the answer:

There was this movie (or maybe it was a tv miniseries) that I think was set in some almost-monochrome brown-and-white setting where there were orbs floating in the air. The one thing that I distinctly remember is that the setting had some sort of red latex rubber gloves that made singing noises (shot by having someone taking off the gloves and reversing the film, so it looked like they clumsily attached themselves to the person's hand) that were used for medical procedures that somehow went into someone's body to take out Bad Stuff. I recall a scene where some sort of doctor-person (that I want to say was Paul Winfield) using them correctly, but the movie/miniseries also had a scene where some not-from-this-fantasy-world dude had to use them.

White Dwarf.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo! Thank you so much!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't expect you guys will have any luck with this one because the guy doesn't have much at all here but please take a stab at it:

A guy I know posted:

From what I can remember, it was about an actor who played a sci fi hero on TV being teleported to a spaceship or alien planet or something and asked to help out. I also seem to remember the guy being called something dumb like "Captain Jupiter" or something like very cheesy sci-fi thing. I know that's not a lot to go on...

I saw it on TV in the mid-90s, so it must have been released some time around or before that.

So far we've ruled out Galaxy Quest and Captain EO.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 23, 2018

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Tree Dude posted:

I don't expect you guys will have any luck with this one because the guy doesn't have much at all here but please take a stab at it:

That's gotta be Galaxy Quest, right?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LesterGroans posted:

That's gotta be Galaxy Quest, right?

Nope. So far we've ruled out Galaxy Quest and Captain EO lol

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Tree Dude posted:

Was The Last Starfighter ruled out too?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LesterGroans posted:

Was The Last Starfighter ruled out too?

I didn't think of that one but it isn't The Last Starfighter.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Tree Dude posted:

I vaguely recall something like this as a twilight zone/amazing stories deal, because when I saw the black mirror episode with a plot kinda like this, I was like "oh, like that old twilight zone or whatever"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Turns out is was something called "The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space." A 1995 sci-fi/comedy TV movie. Ron Perlman was the bad guy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Are you sure it wasn't Galaxy Quest?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's a couple of movies I saw on late night television many years ago. Maybe someone can help me identify them:

1. An action movie in which a Chinese-American policeman goes to visit his sister in the rural town where her husband is sheriff and finds that it is being menaced by neo-Nazis. The climax of the movie is a big martial arts fight between him and the neo-Nazis' shirtless leader in the neo-Nazi base, which I believe was some kind of scrapyard or foundry; he beats the leader, which disillusions his followers, and when the leader tries to attack him from behind he is shot dead by one of his men, who had been conflicted throughout the movie.

2. A blonde woman is kidnapped and held prisoner in a basement by an Annie Wilkes type (who wears a fake pregnancy belly at one point and who I recall had this creepy monologue about veal) and her boyfriend, a creepy bearded guy in glasses; they want her to act as a surrogate for them. The creepy boyfriend disappears at some point (I think the female kidnapper might have done him in; I don't remember) and the two women briefly become friends, but it falls apart when the kidnapper discovers her victim has cut a message into her skin when they're visited by a doctor.

At the end, the kidnapped woman's husband finds the house where she's being held prisoner, but the female kidnapper beats him up with a baseball bat. The kidnapped woman gets free after this and starts hitting herself in the belly to try and miscarry the baby she's carrying for the kidnapper. That's all I can remember. I recall it having a title like "In Plain Sight" or "In Open Sight", but I know that wasn't it.

They might just have been television movies.

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

1. An action movie in which a Chinese-American policeman goes to visit his sister in the rural town where her husband is sheriff and finds that it is being menaced by neo-Nazis. The climax of the movie is a big martial arts fight between him and the neo-Nazis' shirtless leader in the neo-Nazi base, which I believe was some kind of scrapyard or foundry; he beats the leader, which disillusions his followers, and when the leader tries to attack him from behind he is shot dead by one of his men, who had been conflicted throughout the movie.

Best of the Best 3?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Help!
Saw this on TV in maybe 1992ish. About the same time I was getting my shot weirded out at late night sleepovers by Class of Nuke 'Em High.

There's a comically long limousine, and maybe some little people in suits fighting on this limo and eventually it crashes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year posted:

Saw a movie late at night on cable (this would have been around 1991?). It was foreign, and subtitled. I only remember two scenes from it:

1.) A kid (I think) says something along the lines of "I never liked this painting. In fact, I hate it!" and slashes it up with a knife.

2.) An outdoor scene at night in which someone says "And now for the fireworks!" and they set off, like, four bottle rockets and everyone oohs and ahhs over it.

I figure it's been long enough that I can dump this. It's been killing me forever.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's a couple of movies I saw on late night television many years ago. Maybe someone can help me identify them:

I think this happened in an episode of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe it's Best of the Best 3. Thanks!

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Some movie from probably the mid 2000s about some young kids living alone in some run down deserted area. There's a scene with a homemade flamethrower being demonstrated, and I think it's only used in that scene in the entire movie.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96umP9MVz5I

Is there a particular movie/tv of Oedipus Rex thats being mocked here?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

2. A blonde woman is kidnapped and held prisoner in a basement by an Annie Wilkes type (who wears a fake pregnancy belly at one point and who I recall had this creepy monologue about veal) and her boyfriend, a creepy bearded guy in glasses; they want her to act as a surrogate for them. The creepy boyfriend disappears at some point (I think the female kidnapper might have done him in; I don't remember) and the two women briefly become friends, but it falls apart when the kidnapper discovers her victim has cut a message into her skin when they're visited by a doctor.

At the end, the kidnapped woman's husband finds the house where she's being held prisoner, but the female kidnapper beats him up with a baseball bat. The kidnapped woman gets free after this and starts hitting herself in the belly to try and miscarry the baby she's carrying for the kidnapper. That's all I can remember. I recall it having a title like "In Plain Sight" or "In Open Sight", but I know that wasn't it.

Cord AKA Hide and Seek. The creepy boyfriend is famous weirdo director Vincent Gallo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This movie looks insane btw. The carved-message-into-belly thing is in this video at 6:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6t0XTjCuFo

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

Cord AKA Hide and Seek. The creepy boyfriend is famous weirdo director Vincent Gallo

Wow.

It looks a hell of a lot cheaper than I remembered.

Haha, good grief, it's from same director who did Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. :v:

Okay, there's another one I remember from the same era of sitting up late to watch movies; I was going to ask about it in the last post but thought maybe it was a bit too obscure. It was a thriller movie where the bad guys are either housebreakers or kidnappers; one of them is a taller skinny guy with blond hair and a goatee while the other was a shorter, pudgier balding guy. They target a woman, who I remember being blonde and whose character I believe was partially sighted. They want her to give them some kind of combination at one point and she doesn't know what it is, so she makes it up.

Scenes I remember: the main character's boyfriend (?) shows up and reveals that he's in league with the bad guys, then has a fight with the blond bad guy in a workshop or a garage and dies when he's kicked over and falls backwards onto some kind of spike; and the blond bad guy stalks the woman through the same workshop/garage and is beaten when she manages to blind him with a bottle of spray.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 31, 2018

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wow.

It looks a hell of a lot cheaper than I remembered.

Haha, good grief, it's from same director who did Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. :v:

Okay, there's another one I remember from the same era of sitting up late to watch movies; I was going to ask about it in the last post but thought maybe it was a bit too obscure. It was a thriller movie where the bad guys are either housebreakers or kidnappers; one of them is a taller skinny guy with blond hair and a goatee while the other was a shorter, pudgier balding guy. They target a woman, who I remember being blonde and whose character I believe was partially sighted. They want her to give them some kind of combination at one point and she doesn't know what it is, so she makes it up.

Scenes I remember: the main character's boyfriend (?) shows up and reveals that he's in league with the bad guys, then has a fight with the blond bad guy in a workshop or a garage and dies when he's kicked over and falls backwards onto some kind of spike; and the blond bad guy stalks the woman through the same workshop/garage and is beaten when she manages to blind him with a bottle of spray.

Nowhere in Sight

EDIT: There's a trailer on IMDB and the bad guys look like a lovely Harry and Marv from Home Alone lol
EDIT2: And this one has another Superman connection since the lead actress is Helen Slater who played Supergirl in the 1984 movie and has been on Smallville and the Supergirl series

Pablo Nergigante fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 31, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, wow, that was fast. Thanks.

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
I'm looking for a found footage horror film from around 2002 about a group of young adults who are filming in a haunted plantation. One scene in particular had a girl looking in a mirror and a ghost appears behind her.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

safe harbor posted:

I'm looking for a found footage horror film from around 2002 about a group of young adults who are filming in a haunted plantation. One scene in particular had a girl looking in a mirror and a ghost appears behind her.

Probably The St. Francisville Experiment.

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK

That's the one! Thanks!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Probably a very easy one, but I don't know what to search for exactly as I can't remember the actresses name.

A 1990s vampire movie in black and white, where people are the party and out of the blue the vampires in the group just go loving apeshit and suck the blood of the rest.
The lead actress is in a lot of 90s films, I know her face, but for the life of me can not remember her name or any famous movies shes in.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

happyhippy posted:

Probably a very easy one, but I don't know what to search for exactly as I can't remember the actresses name.

A 1990s vampire movie in black and white, where people are the party and out of the blue the vampires in the group just go loving apeshit and suck the blood of the rest.
The lead actress is in a lot of 90s films, I know her face, but for the life of me can not remember her name or any famous movies shes in.

The Addiction?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addiction

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ah perfect!
Thank you.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Help!
Saw this on TV in maybe 1992ish. About the same time I was getting my shot weirded out at late night sleepovers by Class of Nuke 'Em High.

There's a comically long limousine, and maybe some little people in suits fighting on this limo and eventually it crashes.
Still looking for help with this one. I saw this picture the other day and it really triggered my memory of whatever that drat movie was.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Still looking for help with this one. I saw this picture the other day and it really triggered my memory of whatever that drat movie was.

North?

Edit: not sure about the little people but it does have a big rear end limo

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Not a fight on it, but this is what I think of when I think of comically long limo gags:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc&t=230s

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

This too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Parachute posted:

North?

Edit: not sure about the little people but it does have a big rear end limo

Nope. Somehow I've never heard of North, though, even with that cast. Looks like it could be a fun watch.

Power of Pecota posted:

Not a fight on it, but this is what I think of when I think of comically long limo gags:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc&t=230s

Best limo gag.

I remember the movie being kind of disturbing, but given the way memory works, it may not have been. I watched Return of Swamp Thing around the same time and was terrified by that.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nope. Somehow I've never heard of North, though, even with that cast. Looks like it could be a fun watch.

Roger Ebert posted:

I have no idea why Rob Reiner, or anyone else, wanted to make this story into a movie, and close examination of the film itself is no help. "North" is one of the most unpleasant, contrived, artificial, cloying experiences I've had at the movies. To call it manipulative would be inaccurate; it has an ambition to manipulate, but fails.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

not even going with the money line there?

quote:

I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.