Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Sigmascape discussion spoiler

I clearly didn't get enough romance points with Midgardsormer if people are saying he's just resting in their game. Videogames are art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Alright, hold up, as with all things related to Middy, what's the jap script say in that scene?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

they could do that with a possession storyline while he's still alive though.

Well then he wouldn't ALSO be a zombie.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

middy uses the last of his aether to save you from omega following kefka. he flat tells you that his physical form will still be with you, but his spirit is gone.
I understood it merely as a rationalization of WoL's continuing use of mount/minion after that scene. His spirit is seemingly unkillable and he just incarnates into new bodies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dwesa posted:

I understood it merely as a rationalization of WoL's continuing use of mount/minion after that scene. His spirit is seemingly unkillable and he just incarnates into new bodies.

Middy sacrificed his life originally when he arrived if I’m understanding what he said right. I agree that its rationalization of why you can still have the mount and minion but it seemed like his spirit was being extinguished by his last act.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Dwesa posted:

It's this. (Sigmascope spoilers)

Middy starts as a giant dragon and "dies" when he destroys the Garlean dreadnaught in Mor Dhona before 2.0 even starts. Even dead for years buried in the wreckage of the fight he's still got enough spiritual pep to give you a decent boss fight, as a ghost dragon, when you do Keeper of the Lake.

The whole stripping you of the blessing of light that happens in 2.5 is partially a test and partially using the power you had acquired over the 2.0 series to jump-start a resurrection that was already happening at that point, but would have otherwise taken, like, centuries. Instead he gets enough power to incarnate as first the tiny dragon, then the slightly larger dragon that serves as the mount you get near the end of 3.0. He would have kept growing that way but instead burned everything that he had built up to temporarily turn into the big dragon to get you out of that jam. With what he had been stockpiling gone, he's back to the sleeping spirit he was before you ever went to Mor Dhona and woke him back up.

All that said this is one of those plot points which is entirely open-ended. If they don't want to use Midgardsormr in the future, well, then he must be sleeping for centuries. If at any point they want him back in the plot hand-waving him waking up will be as easy as writing something like 2.5 that they've already done.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I do hope they write more stuff with him because he's one of my favorite characters, and one of the only NPCs that you could argue has been with the WoL the entire time since 2.5. Hell, I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up in Alphascape or Omegascape or whatever they call the last one.

Also when Primogenitor started playing I was like 'holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo' because that theme loving owns. I love dragon dad.

vOv fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 3, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So when Yotsuyu gets her memory back, will she betray us or betray the empire?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

vOv posted:

Also when Primogenitor started playing I was like 'holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo' because that theme loving owns. I love dragon dad.

Primogenitor really is one of the best boss themes in this game.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Rhonne posted:

I think she's going to attempt to crawl back to her masters, but the Garleans aren't interested in her personal safety. They just want their secrets to not slip, so will attempt capture or assassination when she tries to make contact. Asahi doesn't care about her any, just what she holds that is currently locked away. Gosetsu is definitely dying in all of this from protecting her at the end, regardless what road the plot goes down.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Rhonne posted:

I don't trust the thing he gave her to just be what it appears to be.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Oh god, I just realized that they'll probably use the prisoner exchange as a way to introduce the poison into Doma

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

vOv posted:

Oh god, I just realized that they'll probably use the prisoner exchange as a way to introduce the poison into Doma

This is especially sad because the one side quest in the new doma-like hub area is the story of all the doma citizens who lived in revenant toll, leaving to help rebuild their new home, which then goes to a series of little quests involving getting presents to all the revenant toll citizens as a heartfelt thank you, with a rousing speech at the end about how they all became family in the end and that they should come back soon. :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Tatsumaki....Senpukyaku!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Meiteron posted:

It's this. (Sigmascope spoilers)

All that said this is one of those plot points which is entirely open-ended. If they don't want to use Midgardsormr in the future, well, then he must be sleeping for centuries. If at any point they want him back in the plot hand-waving him waking up will be as easy as writing something like 2.5 that they've already done.

I totally see him coming back after the WoL puts down Omega for good to have a few snarky lines concerning this super advanced death robot given how it nuked his old planet, thank the WoL, and then go back to sleep until some far off plot point happens in another expansion. Hell, besides Tiamat, aren't two of his children still unaccounted for?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't think Omega will be "defeated" (it's got other games it needs to show up in after all) but we'll successfully drive it off or give it enough data that it decides to gently caress off.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

MechaX posted:

I totally see him coming back after the WoL puts down Omega for good to have a few snarky lines concerning this super advanced death robot given how it nuked his old planet, thank the WoL, and then go back to sleep until some far off plot point happens in another expansion. Hell, besides Tiamat, aren't two of his children still unaccounted for?

Azdaja and Vrtra have been mentioned in passing, but don't even have biographies in the lorebook. All the others are accounted for; Bahamut, Nidhogg, and Ratatoskr are dead, Tiamat is self-imprisoned in Azys Lla, and Hraesvelgr is still doing his thing.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MechaX posted:

Said character's children: Lorebook lists Hraesvelgr, Vrtra, Ratatoskr, Tiamat, Bahamut, Nidhogg, and Azdaja. So yeah, Vrtra and Azdaja have made no appearances that I know of.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I don't think he liked my glamour.

SettingSun posted:

Frankly I'm surprised they invite me to political engagements at all. I think it's to scare people with how good I am at killing things. I always envisioned the WoL as a hot-head.

I'm pretty sure Hien literally says this when he invites you to the meeting with Asahi.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 3, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think he liked my glamour.

I did this this morning and got a 61 on my first try. He said something about how I had wandered into the wilderness. Not nearly as cutting as I was expecting.

Yours is awesome.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I always imagined my WoL as calm and generally actually happy to help people until you hurt her friends at which point she will light your loving insides on fire.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Just got 80 on Fashion Report with Silken Things: Songbird Hat(Gold Medal), Simple is Best: Survival Shirt(3 Star), Long Skirt: Plain Long Skirt(Gold Medal), Cute as a Button: Bridesmaid's Sandals(Gold Medal), and Friend to the End: Halonic Inquisitors Ring(Gold Medal, and I assume all of the Halonic rings are)

Skaw fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 3, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Without spoilers: this is final fantasy, I truly doubt anyone is actually dead for good.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Without spoilers: this is final fantasy, I truly doubt anyone is actually dead for good.

My rule of thumb used to be: if you didn't see a corpse, they're not dead.

Now even that's not solid.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Skaw posted:

Just got 80 on Fashion Report with Silken Things: Songbird Hat(Gold Medal), Simple is Best: Survival Shirt(3 Star), Long Skirt: Plain Long Skirt(Gold Medal), Cute as a Button: Bridesmaid's Sandals(Gold Medal), and Friend to the End: Halonic Inquisitors Ring(Gold Medal, and I assume all of the Halonic rings are)

He shat on me for making an *actual* glamour that fit all the requirements based on what a normal person would think. Unfortunately the flags that some poor intern probably spent the last two years adding to items must not have agreed.

How in the world is an Eternity Ring only one star for Friends to the End? This event is clearly rigged.

e: am i seriously going to have to farm the goddamn Vault for rings? I haven't seen anybody else score high without one of those.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 3, 2018

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Got an 89 and it feels like you gotta be a bit loose with the themes. The skirt and ring were the worst of the bunch, to be sure.

Dye everything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vrtra and Azdaja are down south in meracydia. Little is known about them because little is known about meracydia because they murder anyone that sets foot on shore after what the allagans did to them.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I got a 90 :toot:. Now to promptly never aim for anything higher than base 80, because lord knows I'm never gonna get 100.

Edit: vvv I used an HQ Survival Shirt (Not Extreme) dyed Snow White and got four stars. SInce the alternatives are all super expensive now, that was good enough for me.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 3, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I am actually slightly angry at this stupid Fashion Report thing. An Extreme Survival Shirt is not considered simple, but a Falconer's Shirt is? This is extremely silly.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
On the plus side, if you're able to craft the things that appear to be the winning items, you can really clean up.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
The theme was simple, but the overall theme was high class. A survival shirt is not something you’d wear to a ball. The falconer shirt looks fancy, without being something for the poors.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So does the High House Cloche but that's only one star as well. I guess if things were more consistent I'd be less annoyed by the whole thing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Look, this is end game content, did you expect to clear it the first round?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
As a dude, my options for high-class long skirts are limited and I've already stuffed my glamour dresser full of stuff I actually want in there.

There'll be more opportunities (although i forgot to get judged today.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Thundarr posted:

He shat on me for making an *actual* glamour that fit all the requirements based on what a normal person would think. Unfortunately the flags that some poor intern probably spent the last two years adding to items must not have agreed.

How in the world is an Eternity Ring only one star for Friends to the End? This event is clearly rigged.

e: am i seriously going to have to farm the goddamn Vault for rings? I haven't seen anybody else score high without one of those.

There are so many rings on the loot list as well as treasures that can only drop accs that you will get one super quick. HW rings are all classes too so the type doesn't matter.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

So does the High House Cloche but that's only one star as well. I guess if things were more consistent I'd be less annoyed by the whole thing.

Even though I have the vast majority of it, I personally don't think event gear should be Gold for the judging either. Just seems kinda sketch having things that are no longer obtainable unless you fork over money be the best thing, even though ultimately the Fashion Report has no effect on gameplay.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There are so many rings on the loot list as well as treasures that can only drop accs that you will get one super quick. HW rings are all classes too so the type doesn't matter.

It's also really easy to just blitz to the first boss of the Vault, and pick up the treasure chest tucked away where the pugilists ambush you from in the following hallway.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Feb 3, 2018

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Ishgardian rings from Dusk Vigil (first boss) also count for gold medals (because it's the same model with Fortemps sigil) and are easier to farm, second chest (shortly after the first boss) also drops rings.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 3, 2018

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

A cool thing about the fashion report is that every slot contributes to your score, not just the hinted ones, so the eternal mystery of getting that 100 will remain forever

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dryzen posted:

A cool thing about the fashion report is that every slot contributes to your score, not just the hinted ones, so the eternal mystery of getting that 100 will remain forever
One of my guildies got like, a 17 because he only had things in the targeted slots. I expect that penalizes you because I walked in with a semi-random outfit and got, like, 59.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
It is 4.2 and we still don't have azim steppe chicken dance man emote. This is loving HORSESHIT.