Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

M..Major Tom?

E: and these headphones seem great so far

I assume the USB plug isn't also from AE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Anne Whateley posted:

I bought a ton of cute cheap earrings, so do you guys have recommendations for jewelry storage? It looks like there are some super cheap options and some $80-100 options and not much in between?

I have a shitload of earrings, some necklaces, almost no rings or bracelets fwiw.

I like the antler hooks. The deer heads.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I bought a ton of cute cheap earrings, so do you guys have recommendations for jewelry storage? It looks like there are some super cheap options and some $80-100 options and not much in between?

I have a shitload of earrings, some necklaces, almost no rings or bracelets fwiw.

We like to travel a lot so my wife uses those flat, clear tackleboxes with the adjustable plastic dividers. It ain't pretty, but very useful and easily moved around. Also super cheap

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

We like to travel a lot so my wife uses those flat, clear tackleboxes with the adjustable plastic dividers. It ain't pretty, but very useful and easily moved around. Also super cheap

The ones I've gotten from AE have not been great. It's probably cheaper to buy them locally, too. Check the fishing aisle.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

8 Ball posted:

I assume the USB plug isn't also from AE?

Locally purchased.
Never take a risk with anything that connects to the mains.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Anne Whateley posted:

I have a bunch of clear plastic / acrylic drawers I use to store my makeup. If you type in 'makeup organiser' or 'organiser drawers' you'll get a bunch of stuff. One note is that the same products were significantly cheaper on eBay than on Ali so check that or Amazon as well. The drawers I bought were $10-$20 on eBay but closer to $40 on Ali.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dollar Tree Is actually looking for those. They have quite a few sizes of them for one dollar. Yeah, really. I have been looking for them for a while on Amazon and on AliExpress but good old dollar tree

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

everdave posted:

Does anyone have advice on which of the "488 in 1" DS carts would be good for a 8 year old? She likes Animal Crossing, Nintendogs and Lego Undercover a lot on her 2DS.
Better course of action would be to buy an actual flashcart and an 8GB microsd and load it up with roms yourself. Premade compilation cartridges are a total crapshoot quality-wise, in terms of both the software included and whether the thing will even work in the first place.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Big Word posted:

Better course of action would be to buy an actual flashcart and an 8GB microsd and load it up with roms yourself. Premade compilation cartridges are a total crapshoot quality-wise, in terms of both the software included and whether the thing will even work in the first place.

I'd highly recommend using modchipsdirect if you are in the US good prices and you'll get it in like 3-5 days. They sell legit not copies and they won't rip you off like a lot if the sites have been known to do.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I got the magical face vibrator (aka 'super clean machine' :3: ) through the post today. The instructions are charmingly off-kilter.

http://imgur.com/ThvoKQy

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Q version kawaii WW2 German steal eggs ss WWii Figure resin Models Kit Free Shipping

http://s.aliexpress.com/uqENvQ7J

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

I mean the name says it all really

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Those ss rascals are at it again!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ss steal the eggs

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
drat that link takes you to some odd places
"1/35 Scale WW2 Soviet wounded female soldiers"
http://s.aliexpress.com/Z3uQbQfq

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rondette posted:

drat that link takes you to some odd places
"1/35 Scale WW2 Soviet wounded female soldiers"
http://s.aliexpress.com/Z3uQbQfq

Same seller has '1/35 scale sexy Girl female kneeling position Resin Model Kit figure Free Shipping'

Which is oddly themed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-35-scale-sexy-Girl-female-kneeling-position-Resin-Model-Kit-figure-Free-Shipping/32814919160.html

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Got this candle decoration for my grandma.

It arrived without the rod that holds the fan but I managed to rig something.
Modern candle holder Hot Spinning Rotary Metal Carousel Tea Light Candle Holder Stand Light Xmas Gift

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
ww2, the kawaiiest war of them all. (in history channel announcer voice)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

The first product from my first of three recent waves of AliExpress purchases has arrived!

Zipper Wrist Wallet Pouch Running Sports Arm Band Bag For MP3 Key Card Storage Bag Case Badminton Basketball Wristband Sweatband

The sleep wristband that came with my Fitbit One had long since given up the ghost; the dollar-store terry wristband I bought as a replacement did the trick, but I occasionally got some skin irritation where it held the Fitbit against my wrist. This zippered wristband works very nicely, and it's not as hot as either of the other two were. Bonus: my favorite color! I ordered it on 1/18 and it arrived on 2/1--very fast.

...Hmm, I'm looking at the picture and just now noticing the zipper teeth are messed up at the innermost end. I'll have to play with a bit; I'm not too worried about it. If worse comes to absolute worst, I have two more for backup. And they cost so little that I don't really mind too badly if it's a total loss.

Seriously, though, I have to stop reading this thread. Stuff makes it from here to my wishlist to my cart way too quickly. My most recent purchase was of three of those holographic polishes and the face vibe brush.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Any photographers that bought photo stuff on Aliexpress and can recommend some? Looking for lighting and tripod stuff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

ss steal the eggs

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Got this candle decoration for my grandma.

It arrived without the rod that holds the fan but I managed to rig something.
Modern candle holder Hot Spinning Rotary Metal Carousel Tea Light Candle Holder Stand Light Xmas Gift

why didn't you get your grandma this one????

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ravenkult posted:

Any photographers that bought photo stuff on Aliexpress and can recommend some? Looking for lighting and tripod stuff.

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread:

cyberia posted:

I bought these lights from AliExpress a year or two ago and use them when I have photo shoots to do. They came with a bag for the backdrop and stands and have worked without fault ever since. Not bad for $100.

I've also bought plastic clamps to hold backdrops onto frames and some different coloured backdrops and have been considering buying a cheap speedlight. Yongnuo is generally regarded as a good brand for camera flashes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
btw the AK-47 pens are REALLY good pens

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

Link?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zonk!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Just got a replacement stainless steel watch strap for my Casio calculator watch, cost ten bucks and it's really quality.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

tater_salad posted:

I'd highly recommend using modchipsdirect if you are in the US good prices and you'll get it in like 3-5 days. They sell legit not copies and they won't rip you off like a lot if the sites have been known to do.

Is there a good reason to get the more expensive carts vs the $10-15 ones?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Pick posted:

That's some kind of SG 550, not an AK. And the triangular bit on the cap should point up, not down.

Oops I bought ten.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bummey posted:

That's some kind of SG 550, not an AK. And the triangular bit on the cap should point up, not down.

Oops I bought ten.

It was so hard for me not to make this post thank you for making it for me

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Anne Whateley posted:

I bought my partner the jewelry box http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Late...2034154125.html that was recommended earlier in this thread or the previous one. It seems pretty cool and well-made and useful.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Anne Whateley posted:

I've had this on my wish list for a while, it looks good for stud earrings: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dus...2804395983.html

This one also looks quite cool: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2737896973.html

I have a thing for acrylic storage boxes though. All my make up is in pretty display cases.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....4338ac3cpIUmzy

Eggs need ugly streetwear too

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

everdave posted:

Is there a good reason to get the more expensive carts vs the $10-15 ones?

If all you want to do is play ds games you've downloaded no.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Blue Train posted:

It was so hard for me not to make this post thank you for making it for me

Had to be done. v:shobon:v just like my first ali order had to be done. What will follow? Surely more dumb bullshit costing mere pennies arriving at my door 9 months from now. I will only buy the cheapest, most useless bullshit.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 3, 2018

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

Had to be done. v:shobon:v just like my first ali order had to be done. What will follow? Surely more dumb bullshit costing mere pennies arriving at my door 9 months from now. I will only buy the cheapest, most useless bullshit.

Do you need any Lego-compatible AK pattern rifles?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bummey posted:

welcome friend

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2690264234.html

I bought some little wooden? ducks and then completely forgot about them until they arrived about 2 months later. They're very cute. The eyes are painted in like they're on drugs.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I mean, I do now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Hey what was that cool one button androgynous skirt I saw here