Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Crasical posted:

Did everyone manage to get the most important thing: Clearing the shop of all the love chocolates from your servants?

Of course. Even from the two that I just summoned during the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
SO who else is trying to do all the new Rank Up quests?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Crasical posted:

Did everyone manage to get the most important thing: Clearing the shop of all the love chocolates from your servants?

no because i don't loving WANT one from a few of them

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Rude

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

UberJew posted:

no because i don't loving WANT one from a few of them

they let just about anyone be a master nowadays i guess

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MonsieurChoc posted:

SO who else is trying to do all the new Rank Up quests?

I'm waiting for Medusa's. I don't use any of the characters that I have who can do them now.

Though I did just realize I needed to do Scathach's, so that's done now.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
The most important aspect of these precious, heartfelt gifts from your various Servants is that each of them counts as an 80/80 CE's worth of 30k exp to fuel your other CE's.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Cleared out the chocolates except the single one I didn't want, all the materials other than the back half of the homu babies (had 50, best grind spot in the game is open), two melty sweets, ALL the Fous and gold XP cards. Few apples used, some AP wasted, only rolled gatcha a few days in for one tenner, I think I did alright.

also did a tenner on the cavalry banner. I got Babbage #1 and Cas Cu NP 2 at least?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Velyoukai posted:

The most important aspect of these precious, heartfelt gifts from your various Servants is that each of them counts as an 80/80 CE's worth of 30k exp to fuel your other CE's.

leveling CEs is the dullest thing, though

they never gain additional abilities and it takes forever and all you get is a very small stat boost

maybe necessary eventually, but impossible to get excited about

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Outside of the pretty good store and cool scenes from servants I'm glad this event is done. Not going to miss random annoying poo poo like archer dragons spawning for lancer rate ups

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno why CE leveling would ever be necessary . Effects matter most so you'll be mostly using 4-5s, which you might not choose or be able to MLB.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Crasical posted:

That's pretty much all I did

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

the_steve posted:

I'm waiting for Medusa's. I don't use any of the characters that I have who can do them now.

Though I did just realize I needed to do Scathach's, so that's done now.

I meant NA. The only Servant I still need to max ascend to get the entire first wave is Boudica (missing like 3-4 horseshoes).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
rolled on the knight rate up and got the wrong artoria

oh well I won't say no to another 5*

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

This seems like a good run to end the event on.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
I still need to grind up 12,400 chocolates for the mana prisms, rider pieces, and caster pieces. I've got plenty to acquire the latter two already, so its mainly just the mana prisms i'm going after at this point.

I have truly been slacking on this event it seems.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I finished the event yesterday and went back to grinding EXP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Event is still a chance to grind for mats.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Saber node was basically too hard for me to bother with, I don't have any of the really hard hitting Archers, and the fact there was random spawn in calvary node would have made it harder to deal with. In theory you could just do a double berserker + Zhuge strat or something but still annoying.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How many hours are there before the events end btw?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
NA? 12 exactly.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I didn't realize rate ups would stop so now I'm just stuck doing the cavalry nodes to get the last monuments because screw randomly getting a Saber/Lancer/Archer dragon.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why does dragon wings cost 150? this sucks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The shop only has 10 so they're only slightly more expensive than buying all the silver mats.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this event is actually pretty fun. too bad I was so busy during it. But even then I have enough chocolates for all the ascension items except for the feathers/dragon wings.

now im wondering if its worth it to put some apples in to at least get some of them. Don't they have grinding spots yet?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tired Moritz posted:

this event is actually pretty fun. too bad I was so busy during it. But even then I have enough chocolates for all the ascension items except for the feathers/dragon wings.

now im wondering if its worth it to put some apples in to at least get some of them. Don't they have grinding spots yet?

Best regular grinding spots for feathers is Saber Training Day (Sunday) 30AP which has a drop rate of about 1 feather per 170-175AP spent. Second best is Okeanos Bountiful Sea Free Quest (18AP) which has a drop rate of about 1 feather per 190-195 AP spent.

Best regular grinding spot for reverse dragon scales is the Rider Training Day (Thursday) 40AP which drops a scale about every 475 AP spent.

Drop rate spreadsheet be sure to switch to NA.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This was a lot better than Saber Wars but I'm really looking forward to KnK

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yikes. Well I got 125 gold apples so might as well burn them up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's only a few hours left but looks like I'm not MLBing Melty Sweetheart. Dang thing just refused to drop. Ah well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The MLB effect isn't especially useful in either an event or general sense afaik.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

HGH posted:

There's only a few hours left but looks like I'm not MLBing Melty Sweetheart. Dang thing just refused to drop. Ah well.

You aren't missing much, the MLB only increases the Crit star effect by 10%. The 3-hit protection against males is unchanged and is what gives this CE any use at all outside Valentines, even if its a tiny niche one.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
The only downside of not getting five copies is you won't be able to MLB it for the rerun, so that's one less +1 coin bonus. Awful, really.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh neat. It just feels a bit weird compared to the 4 extra Star of Artoria drops I got during Saber Wars but I'm guessing this is a sub 1% chance or something and I just got lucky back then.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think the next significant event CE is during Onigashima and that gives you 5 without drops.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Joint Recital in the second Nero Fest is also great but requires a fifth copy to drop, but you can buy it with rare prisms as well I think.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I wound up working eight days straight and training for a new position during the event, so I only got so much done during the event. I think the majority of my grinding was done while half drunk over an eight hour period.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I'm spending the last hour farming the Cav node for the last bits of prisms and to hopefully get 1 or 2 more Hearts of a Foreign God. I still need 16 of those things for Jalter's level 9 skills. I might be setting myself up for disappointment by farming for her this early, but whatever, if I don't get her I can feed the mats to a different Servant. Like Waver who is going to stay stuck at skill level 4 since I need those Pages for Jalter.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Well I emptied the shop of everything but the monuments/pieces/final CEs (got the MPs) which I'm pretty happy with! Although, I mostly farmed the cavalry (gently caress that dragon) so I'm still very low on horseshoes :sweatdrop:. Oh well, can't have everything.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well that was fun. Thanks to the demon in the cavalry battles, I ended up getting 12 heart drops from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Cleared out the shop of everything except pieces and monuments; even having some leftover to pick up some Saber monuments. I didn't intend on getting all the chocolates at first, but after I saw how cute and amusing the scenes were, I ended up grabbing all of them. Farming the event wouldn't have been that easy if I hadn't gotten five Choco Maids while chasing Nero Bride. Speaking of Umu, I decided to dolphin last minute on the banner just as it was going away, as I already have Tamamo and NP2 Vlad, so NP2 Nero Bride would make my arts team crazy strong.

Well... make that NP2 Tamamo. The rate-up is a lie, but I haven't spent all the quartz I bought yet, so let's try again. Ooh, that's a gold Saber card! Hi Mordred... and yes, your father is here and sitting at NP3.

I feel super conflicted. On one hand, I got two 5*s for cheap, and that's always awesome! But on the other hand, NP3 Altria more than covers my AoE NP Saber needs.