Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Dangerllama posted:

Anyone else having issues with lag causing you to pause or get reset a few meters forward/back?

It’s gotten worse for me in the last few weeks. My machine is on WiFi since it’s a bit of a PITA to run cat5 to my office.

I haven't seen much of it since before 1.0.
You probably have a long ping time towards the server you're playing on, or a lot of packet loss. Check that you're on the correct region. If that checks out, use some ping tracker like for instance https://pubg.disquse.ru/ to see if your network is actually really laggy. If it is, try with a cable temporarily and see if it helps - if it doesn't, you don't even need to consider running cable properly. If cable helps, whelp, then you have lovely wifi and should do something about that.

You're playing on xbox? Or was your game just giving silly button hints for some reason?

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You're playing on xbox? Or was your game just giving silly button hints for some reason?

If you have a controller plugged in it defaults to the controller button hints. No way to change it as far as I know.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Thom P. Tiers posted:

If you have a controller plugged in it defaults to the controller button hints. No way to change it as far as I know.

Yep, I play Rocket League fairly often, and the Xbox controller tooltips don't bother me at all enough to disconnect it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yep, I play Rocket League fairly often, and the Xbox controller tooltips don't bother me at all enough to disconnect it.

I used to play a ton of rocket league before I became crack-like addicted to PUBG, so I finally unplugged my controller .

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Your brain making patterns where they don't exist. I just played two Miramar games where the circle ended up in the top right corner.

That said yeah, final circles tend to be near the middle of the map.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elman posted:

That said yeah, final circles tend to be near the middle of the map.

I've never had a final circle actually in Zharki itself or in Primorsk. Same for a Lipovka/Power Plant ending.

For Miramar that would be equivalent to (off the map eastwards) and the Prison itself. I've had endings on the Prison island but they were a kilometer east. The game weighs centerline heavily.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've never had a final circle actually in Zharki itself or in Primorsk. Same for a Lipovka/Power Plant ending.

For Miramar that would be equivalent to (off the map eastwards) and the Prison itself. I've had endings on the Prison island but they were a kilometer east. The game weighs centerline heavily.

Actual Zharki circles are fantastic because there's a bunch of walls, houses and differing elevation in Zharki to provide a really fun, interactive endgame. Of course it's surrounded by utterly horrible locations for a final circle - the hills east are a nightmare, southeast has a big ol' wheat field, south is a forest, north is water, and west is somewhere literally no one has ever been.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I had this dumb circle about a week ago.

I was having a decent round before I got hit with that drat circle. Drove a UAZ straight to the coast, and surprise, EVERYONE had the same idea :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I had this dumb circle about a week ago.

I was having a decent round before I got hit with that drat circle. Drove a UAZ straight to the coast, and surprise, EVERYONE had the same idea :(

Drive into the water, accept your second place.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

i had one just south of that and we initially landed power plant lol.

i think my last chicken din din was in tpp and the circle was in the lipovka area and we were in that area pretty much from the start (prison-ish).

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Dude, turn off ds4windows or the Steam drivers when playing Rocket League. It has native DS4 support and should be giving you the Sony prompts.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Since the leaderboard reset, I have a 4.5 K/D ratio! Well, with two games played, that's maybe not so impressive, but still.

Looks like the play time numbers are a little bit buggy for some players, though:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
736,000 days, lol. That guy does play a whole lotta PUBG though. I thought I played a lot.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

736,000 days, lol. That guy does play a whole lotta PUBG though. I thought I played a lot.

13395 average survival time, dunno how they're surviving the blue that long after the final circle closes.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I love the first few days after a season reset.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

BCRock posted:

I love the first few days after a season reset.

Me, Jan 1-30: God I'm awful at this game, 1-2 kills tops per round, can't get better than 9th

Me, Feb 2: 4 games, 29 kills, two solo squad wipes [no wins]

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hockles posted:

It's the SSD. That's literally it. OS doesn't matter. I still use Win7.

Ok well, hopefully the SSD I'll get remedies the issue of being unable to play this because goddamn.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Ok well, hopefully the SSD I'll get remedies the issue of being unable to play this because goddamn.

having a ssd is great and should improve performance for basically anything on it, but having said that, the posters itt telling people to get ssds are being somewhat facetious/hyperbolic. i have pubg loaded on an ssd and it still runs like dogshit

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Immediately made up for the stupid 8 kill second place (with everyone dying to the final blue circle at the same time). Yay!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
the rank reset is so good gahd drat

Also I accidentally started playing on a lower sensitivity (my mouse has one of those toggles and I didn't realise it was off) and holy poo poo I am so much better now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

having a ssd is great and should improve performance for basically anything on it, but having said that, the posters itt telling people to get ssds are being somewhat facetious/hyperbolic. i have pubg loaded on an ssd and it still runs like dogshit

in 2018 you should've been using an ssd in general for years.

the issue i had with pubg months ago was i'd get a solid minute of lag when i landed and constant lag jitters. it wasn't something that happened for t he first few weeks of play either. so i'm thinking i got 50mbs i should be fine what's the issue. said gently caress it found out my building now has gigabit internet so i got that. in the interim come to find out the game is such a hog that it was because my system wasn't set to high performance and my nic wasn't getting full power during gameplay which i've literally never heard of before. probably the dumbest gaming related performance issue i've ever seen. but at least i got gigabit internet out of it.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I really wish our scope brightness settings were carried into the replay information, I hate having to watch myself play with the red dot sight turned all the way up

Dropped 14 frags in Pecado, still came second :negative: Replay here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225285406

The xxGNOLLxxTV dude, only guy I really had to battle, was ranked 12th NA FPP at the time! Sadly he already deleted the VOD of his perspective. I stopped by his stream to rib him after and he was a good sport about it

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 3, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

goddammit i got lit up by a squad at a drop in my buggy, drove away, came back and sniped the guy going for it, then my buggy despawned somehow so i died to circle (but got to kill his ghillied buddy trying to run in). cool game.

edit: just got like two feet of air on the bike and it went end over end and killed me lmao

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 3, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Saw this float by in another discord, :eyepop:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
PUBG's anticheat is totally working fine ya'll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRfQousD60

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i drove that car into the circle, press f to get out, screen goes black for two seconds, and this is where we ended up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Party Plane Jones posted:

PUBG's anticheat is totally working fine ya'll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRfQousD60

The latest iteration isn't even live yet

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Its a joke dude

zarg
Mar 19, 2005

We are the Unity 3D community. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Man, first solo squads win feels great.

The AWM is a good gun, I do declare. Yessir, I like it.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Got a solo win with 4 kills (meh), but it's the first win in a while. Jesus christ I always forget how insane it feels. The lows are somewhat low in this game but JESUS CHRIST the highs are high.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Just lol at everyone touting their wins after the leaderboard reset. You guys get your kicks dunking on middle-schoolers and a 6ft rim too?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

willroc7 posted:

Just lol at everyone touting their wins after the leaderboard reset. You guys get your kicks dunking on middle-schoolers and a 6ft rim too?

yes <:mad:>

zarg
Mar 19, 2005

willroc7 posted:

I do.

But the squad win I posted was pre-reset. My solo rating was around 100th for FPP NA solo at the time, though my FPP squads was only like top 5% or so.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

willroc7 posted:

The reset really did prove to me matchmaking is a real thing.

zarg
Mar 19, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The reset really did prove to me matchmaking is a real thing.

Same. I'm enjoying my 40% win rate and 6.0 KDR for now though!

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

zarg posted:

I do.

But the squad win I posted was pre-reset. My solo rating was around 100th for FPP NA solo at the time, though my FPP squads was only like top 5% or so.

You are definitely not the average goon I play with in the discord.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im doing a lot worse after this reset, i was super comfortable winning one game a day with my mediocre six kills and the reset fucks it all up and I die the second my head pops around the corner anywhere

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://streamable.com/r2ylx

I would love to see the explanation for this bug some day.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

^That's almost useful! You used to be able to cancel all of the motorcycle's forward momentum by switching seats in midair. It'd just stop and fall to the ground

willroc7 posted:

When I worked at the video game store, 6th graders used to skip school to come play SFV5 when it had just dropped and was in our Demo Kiosk

We played them for their lunch money and took all of it :getin:

Edit: homeboy I dunked on in that video was ranked 12th NA FPP at the time, so that doesn't apply to me either 💅

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarg
Mar 19, 2005

Anyone know how to tell the total # of people in a given leaderboard?

Having a real good run since the reset and want to know my percentile.