Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this would be a great fighting game with or without the DB stuff. it's done by the Guilty Gear team, they know how to make fun stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

For those who don't play factorio, the game is fantastic with NO mods, but the mod menu is fully integrated and stream lined and Far Reach, Squeek Through, and FARL are the only ones I would ever be sad to have to play without.

My normal set is: Advanced Radar, Autofill, Auto Research, Bottleneck, Clock, Crafting Speed Research, Electric furnaces, Far Reach, Flare Stack, Flow control, Fully Automated Rail Layer, Helmod Assistant, Honk, Laser Beam Turrets, Loader Redux, Nanobots, Nuclear Fuel, Nuclear Locomotives, Orbital Ion Cannon, Orphan Finder, Outpost Planner, Picker Extended, Resource Spawner Overhaul, Squeak Through, Train alert, Upgrade Planner, Warehousing, Yet Another Resource Monitor

Occasionally I'll load up the additional 28 mods that make up an "Angel-Bobs" run, which is a fancy way of adding complexity for the sake of complexity, especially as you approach the late game and just want more and more obscure ways to crank your numbers up.

Bottleneck! I knew I forgot one. That's one I'd put in the essentials list.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I really don't need to play factorio again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also the last few games were 3d arena fighters, this is a 2d 3v3 that feels kinda like Marvel vs Capcom 2

also theres hella db xenoverse fans super butthurt that its a real fighting game

edit: also the new marvel vs capcom game is a piece of poo poo, incredibly so when compared to this

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 4, 2018

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yes

controls are super super simple. For example, every character has an anti- air attack, which is bound to Down+Heavy. Every character has a projectile, bound to X. Every character has combos you can do by just mashing the light attack button. They're not optimized, but they have their own quirks and advantages.

it's way easier than trying to hop into SF or Marvel as a newbie

edit: also all the characters are good in their own right, so pick whoever you want and punch goku

Sweet. Thanks for the info dude.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I don't know anything about Dragonball and I like fighting games but am terrible at them. This new Dragonball Fighterz game is super cool even if I don't know anything about the characters. It's really fast and you can mash buttons and make it through the campaign. Did you ever play Ryu in Street Fighter? Learn how to throw fireballs? Can you do a quarter circle to the rear as well? Congrats you know enough to use many of the moves in the game. Everything else you pick up on the fly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I bought They Are Billions. This game is fun but holy gently caress is it punishing. Ask me about raising a huge army only to lose everything thanks to one infected slipping past my defenses and directly into my housing area.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, it's really hard and punishes you for being too aggressive or careless. I've lost countless games to mid-50/60 day waves because "just a few more days and I can get started on upgrading these defenses". It's really fun though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I don't know anything about Dragonball and I like fighting games but am terrible at them. This new Dragonball Fighterz game is super cool even if I don't know anything about the characters. It's really fast and you can mash buttons and make it through the campaign. Did you ever play Ryu in Street Fighter? Learn how to throw fireballs? Can you do a quarter circle to the rear as well? Congrats you know enough to use many of the moves in the game. Everything else you pick up on the fly.

if you want tutorials then look at jmcrofts on youtube, he's very good at explaining stuff without a lot of fighting game knowledge i think hes a goon too? maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We-VCtZ48fE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXQO_-eyQWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofSAgn5kgg

the 3rd one especially is a good watch

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I remember when anime was ban worthy in gip

Now it's just emoticons :nallears:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mods change my name posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

PC is outta control

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am super excited for the year of total war.

Age of vikings total war? Check
Three kingdoms china total war? Check
Norsca and more total warhammer? Check
Total war arena? Nope nope nope

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Spoken like someone who sucks at fighting games.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Third World Reggin posted:

I am super excited for the year of total war.

Age of vikings total war? Check
Three kingdoms china total war? Check
Norsca and more total warhammer? Check
Total war arena? Nope nope nope

I thought you were just referring to 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/
Thrones of Britannia, the age of vikings, is april 19th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/779340/Total_War_THREE_KINGDOMS/
Three kingdoms is fall 2018.

Norsca is being added to total warhammer 2 in may or june. Then any extra dlc for total warhammer 2.

Total war arena is poo poo so I don't count it. It is world of tanks with a gladius.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Whatever i will fite u and mash buttons

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Whatever i will fite u and mash buttons

The good thing is that fights only last a couple of minutes so your frustration won't last too long. The shame you will feel from losing will be much harder to make go away though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I've only played a few fighting games. I really liked soul caliber 2 or w/e on Dreamcast :shrug:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Dbz is still anime

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i would probably play street fighter v if i wanted an anime fighting game

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im actually having a hard time thinking of a non anime fighting game. Anyhow I'm just joshing I'm glad u have a good and fun game to play.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

i would probably play street fighter v if i wanted an anime fighting game

no dont

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Im actually having a hard time thinking of a non anime fighting game. Anyhow I'm just joshing I'm glad u have a good and fun game to play.

Mortal Kombat, tekken and primal rage? Everything else started as 2d and was a cartoon in the early days of fighting games

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

killer instinct

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Slim Pickens posted:

Mortal Kombat, tekken and primal rage? Everything else started as 2d and was a cartoon in the early days of fighting games

Man I've felt like the only one who remembers Primal Rage for so long...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I can't believe Robot Jox was never turned into a fighting game

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
If you were like me and only had your dad’s work computer for games, One Must Fall and Body Blows were the go to fighting games. Absolute garbage but Wolfenstein and Doom came out shortly after so...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

killer instinct

I owned so many people with Cinder's hilarious zero-effort standard combos, until I ran into a friend that actually knew his poo poo.

The game was never the same for me again :smith:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
CLAY FIGHTERS

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Marshmallow duel

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Rehash the nintendo vs sega genesis wars next.
Who really won? Eternally pimped out mario or sonic the restaurant chain?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

RIP Dreamcast you were too good for this world and ahead of your time

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Crazy Taxi & Soul Caliber & jetset radio were amazing on the dreamcast.
So was that tiny VDU thing, which was playable by itself & unlocked items in games like skies of arcadia.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya you could take your Sonic chao on the go like some tamagotchi. There were also other mini-games ofc. In Resident Evil it showed health or a map I think? Didn’t a few games?

Was Skies of Arcadia good? I missed that one and tried to give it a go way after it’s release but it didn’t seem to age well at all

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I tried playing it when it released on Game Cube. It seemed about as fun as trying to play the ps1 version of FF7 was after refinements to to genre made it hard to go back to.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ya you could take your Sonic chao on the go like some tamagotchi. There were also other mini-games ofc. In Resident Evil it showed health or a map I think? Didn’t a few games?

Was Skies of Arcadia good? I missed that one and tried to give it a go way after it’s release but it didn’t seem to age well at all

On the dreamcast, i remember skies being good. If you pulled the VDU out with a skies of arcadia savegame on it, you could play the VDU like a cutrate gameboy, and the minigame unlocked extra items/buffs/item enchants on your skies savegame. For modern gamers: think loot crates only you mashed buttons on the VDU instead of paying real $$ for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I loved my Dreamcast and played the hell out of it. It was the first new console I bought after I'd moved out on my own and the only source of internet connectivity I had. Unfortunately I also had a bootleg loader disc and could get any of the games for five bucks down at the local barber shop.

I tried to do the right thing and buy the official releases. But young and broke made it easy for me to make excuses about :filez:.