Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
It’s about time I get some of these prophecy weapons. Can I get a real rear end eater to list the first 3 I should get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Chilichimp posted:

I figured out how to eat rear end on this chest ornament cheevo.

Just throw on the fuckin' Dunemarchers, shoot mans 1-2 times from short-mid range then sprint at them like a crazy person and punch them to death.

i didn't know the ornament requirement was dying to Antiope, wild

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

It’s about time I get some of these prophecy weapons. Can I get a real rear end eater to list the first 3 I should get?

You can only pick from a certain selection each week (not sure if it's totally random or pre-selected into batches of 3) so check what Vance has for you and google them.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

the sidearm is legit

the shotgun is good but you have to do a few prophecies before you get that quest (i think?)

the AR might be good after they rebalance guns, depending on how they change things

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I swear by the Kinetic Scout and use it as my main long-range Kinetic for PvP, decidedly over MiDa

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Pretty sure the good ones are pretty deep into the list

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It took me until the last one to get the auto rifle or I wouldn't have completed all of them

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

I swear by the Kinetic Scout and use it as my main long-range Kinetic for PvP, decidedly over MiDa
What platform are you on?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
In hindsight the fact that knucklehead radars original animation ( which wasnt that impressive) was left out is sorta a red flag on attention to detail.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Akuma posted:

What platform are you on?

PC, so clicking heads with it is effortless

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just dropping in to say that Ophidian Aspects loving own and I'm glad Xur had them this weekend. :v:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chilichimp posted:

I figured out how to eat rear end on this chest ornament cheevo.

Just throw on the fuckin' Dunemarchers, shoot mans 1-2 times from short-mid range then sprint at them like a crazy person and punch them to death.

I needle enemies a bit with an auto or nightshade and then toss an arcbolt with lucky raspberry on. Usually it's enough to kill, and getting your grenade back sometimes doesn't hurt.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I throw my grenade at them and then punch them. Can’t Lose!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I throw my grenade at them and then punch them. Can’t Lose!

Foolproof way to get two kills a match

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Just lol if Shoulder Charge isn't your primary mode of transportation

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

PC, so clicking heads with it is effortless
...Why are you posting in the console thread about things that don’t apply to the console versions again? Because there’s a huge, huge gap of usefulness in PVP between those two guns because one has insane aim assist and the other feels like it barely has any.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Akuma posted:

...Why are you posting in the console thread about things that don’t apply to the console versions again? Because there’s a huge, huge gap of usefulness in PVP between those two guns because one has insane aim assist and the other feels like it barely has any.

Despite his redundant efforts to compile discords, and being new to the Destiny franchise, he's a welcome poster because he's enthusiastic about the game.

I don't even know what kinetic scout rifle he's talking about, but I know this man posts in earnest. His experience is valid and I have been drinking wine from the bottle all night long.

Happy black history month, everybody!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

el B posted:

Despite his redundant efforts to compile discords, and being new to the Destiny franchise, he's a welcome poster because he's enthusiastic about the game.

I don't even know what kinetic scout rifle he's talking about, but I know this man posts in earnest. His experience is valid and I have been drinking wine from the bottle all night long.

Destiny 2 is good now

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

el B posted:

I mean I’m sure he is being earnest but when someone is asking about a specific gun and they say “yeah man it’s great for PVP better than MIDA!” when it’s really not for console specific reasons then idk maybe rein it in a little and consider what makes a gun good on the system without mouse aiming (unless you’re one of those people)

For PVE it’s great because AA doesn’t matter as much and you don’t have to contend with team shooting so I’d still recommend the gun, just not for PVP when there are way better choices of scout rifle.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

As someone who just started playing the Destiny franchise in November, I've tried most of the guns so far, and haven't really found a better combo than Nameless Midnight and Uriels Gift. Mida is a very good Scout, but Nameless feels and handles smoother to me, plus hits a bit harder. When it comes to PvP, the only thing I change is my power slot (Colony). I may need to give some of the forge weapons a better chance, since they are newer to me.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Boywunda posted:

As someone who just started playing the Destiny franchise in November, I've tried most of the guns so far, and haven't really found a better combo than Nameless Midnight and Uriels Gift. Mida is a very good Scout, but Nameless feels and handles smoother to me, plus hits a bit harder. When it comes to PvP, the only thing I change is my power slot (Colony). I may need to give some of the forge weapons a better chance, since they are newer to me.

You should try out better devils, the hand cannon version of nameless midnight. I use a masterwork one with reload speed + ophidian's on my warlock and it is so snappy and fun to use.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do different guns in the same class have different aim assist values on console? How does that not just funnel people into the same 4 guns over and over?

Edit: Google and Reddit say No, Aim Assist is per class not per weapon so I don’t get why you think one has better Aim Assist than the other to the point of unusability.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 5, 2018

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

haveblue posted:

You can only pick from a certain selection each week (not sure if it's totally random or pre-selected into batches of 3) so check what Vance has for you and google them.

Mikey-San posted:

the sidearm is legit

the shotgun is good but you have to do a few prophecies before you get that quest (i think?)

the AR might be good after they rebalance guns, depending on how they change things

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pretty sure the good ones are pretty deep into the list

Thanks team. On it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bust Rodd posted:

Do different guns in the same class have different aim assist values on console? How does that not just funnel people into the same 4 guns over and over?

Edit: Google and Reddit say No, Aim Assist is per class not per weapon so I don’t get why you think one has better Aim Assist than the other to the point of unusability.

I’m pretty sure they do

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FishBulb posted:

I’m pretty sure they do

The one time I really need a A Buff Gay Dude’s Destiny autism and he’s nowhere to be found

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bust Rodd posted:

The one time I really need a A Buff Gay Dude’s Destiny autism and he’s nowhere to be found

I mean things like scopes and barrels effect AA values so like even if all Veist Scout rifles have the same base AA individual ones could have different effective numbers.

Also range does ... something to AA. I’m not sure what exactly but in general more range results in better AA

As someone who has been using it for like 4 years now (off and on) MIDA has some of the strongest AA in the game on consoles

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
AA is another huge mess of stats that Bungie has never bothered to explain. Yes it varies by gun. It also varies by the sight equipped on the gun. It also varies by range but that is supposedly by gun type or archytype.

Aim Assist is a nessecary fact of life in console FPS games. Making it variable seems kind of dumb but having it tunable below a certain max benefit is something some people like. Having it tunable in undefined incraments through random weapon modifications is for sure dumb.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

I mean things like scopes and barrels effect AA values so like even if all Veist Scout rifles have the same base AA individual ones could have different effective numbers.

Also range does ... something to AA. I’m not sure what exactly but in general more range results in better AA

As someone who has been using it for like 4 years now (off and on) MIDA has some of the strongest AA in the game on consoles

It seems like,

600 rof autos would all have a value of 50 (just making this up) by virtue of being what they are, with zero stats considered. But then Auto #1 has super high range and barrels and a good midzoom scope that increase the range further, so it has a 76 AA value while Auto #2 has low range and the perks are all reload and stability based, so it's 54 AA or something but anecdotally may feel or seem sticky and good for its high stability, low downtime when the mag is empty aiding that.

Like, I'm sure that archetype/AA thing may be wholly true but it's probably also step one of four to determine what a weapon has and so is meaningless by itself.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Wazzit posted:

Colony is just too ridiculous :allears: Fire and forget

https://i.imgur.com/fscCw59.gifv

Also when they group up for landfall :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/XTmkc7E.gifv

We gotta get together again soon, bro. Haha

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bust Rodd posted:

It's definitely per gun. Bear in mind I play on PC like you, but you can see it pretty clearly here:

As you can see, MIDA has THE MAX POSSIBLE healthbar clicking assistance. In my experience the stat works the exact same way between PC and PS4, just is only really noticeably effective at much longer ranges when you have a shorter-zoom scope on PC because I guess they tuned it for fine-mouse control.

Further: If you have a longer-zoom optic equipped that allows you to see more clearly over long distances, you will notice its effect less, because the longer zoom allows more granular accuracy, which necessitates less "guesswork" on behalf of the machine.

Ironically, this means just like in the days of the 1,000 Yard Stare sniper in D1, it's still advantageous to run shorter zoom with higher aim assist because you'll probably land the shot with less effort.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 5, 2018

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don’t think any of those are the same class of scout rifle as the guy who originally posted it intended

Like try to check multiple kinetic Scouts with the same RoF

I would but I trash any gun I don’t immediately like shooting soooooo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FishBulb posted:

I don’t think any of those are the same class of scout rifle as the guy who originally posted it intended

Like try to check multiple kinetic Scouts with the same RoF

I would but I trash any gun I don’t immediately like shooting soooooo

Oh. When he said, "Archetype" I thought "weapon class". Same thing applies, though not as impressively.

Guns of the same RPM-archetype tend to be similarly statted, but not necessarily identical at all, although you CAN expect their titular RPM/Impact stats to all be identical. (i.e. ALL 150RPM scouts will have 67 impact, but all the other stats vary per-gun.) Here's some 150RPM kinetic scouts, for example, where you can see how subtle variances in things like reload speed, handling, stability, and range change between individual weapons:

Although similar, they're not identical. Especially with Pulse Monitor. :v:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 5, 2018

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_6zsM7kzvg0aUT8YtM_-Wg_5K1gKDOlrwfVzutEjq-s/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

yes guns have different aa values no it isn't just a by-archetype stat yes guns in the same archetype typically have aa in a similar range

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bust Rodd posted:

youre about as good at researching as you are making well populated discords

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Scoooch closer
https://i.imgur.com/oJVai3P.gifv

My heavy
https://i.imgur.com/JkmoafH.gifv

Not quite sure if this is what happens but it looks like our grenades collide mid air? :iiam:
https://i.imgur.com/kD2VCF5.gifv

Tried to get to heavy before he picked it up but saw he got it so I decided to go with the slam. The rocket launcher that physics around makes me giggle.
https://i.imgur.com/JjWWtjx.gifv

:wave:
https://i.imgur.com/tI95nEd.gifv
To be fair he was being chased to death by Betty and Snooky but :allears:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I was ready to charge forward with Last Hope at that point and bait him into my shield but he did it for me.

WELP

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Angry Walrus posted:

youre about as good at researching as you are making well populated discords

Citation needed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wazzit posted:

https://i.imgur.com/tI95nEd.gifv
To be fair he was being chased to death by Betty and Snooky but :allears:

:lol:

Adbot