Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Ok I really can't believe this, and I have to tell SOMEBODY. At my gold's gym, we have a guy who is coming in every other day at 8am, during one of the busiest hours. This guy occupies the ONLY power rack we have in this Golds. 3 Squat racks, 1 power rack.

So - what do you think he's doing in our only power rack? Squats? Cleans? Deadlifts? Maybe something stupid like - Curls, Pullups, Shrugs? No. Not him. This guy is doing Yoga, by himself, in our only power rack for 30-45 mins everyday. Yoga loving handstands and backbends and every manner of what belongs in a loving yoga room. Not the VERY MIDDLE of the weight pit in our ONLY power rack.

To top it off, its always the same sweaty gross outfit he wears too - Bell bottom female style joggers, and some flavor of pastel t-shirt. I would never ever film somebody in the gym if it would hurt them - but god drat I am so close because this is just too outrageous to keep to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Get there earlier and make sure he can’t use it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ask staff or management to have a word with him about it. I'm sure buried in the contract somewhere is something about utilizing equipment improperly or making an unnecessary inconvenience to other members.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dennis McClaren posted:

Ok I really can't believe this, and I have to tell SOMEBODY. At my gold's gym, we have a guy who is coming in every other day at 8am, during one of the busiest hours. This guy occupies the ONLY power rack we have in this Golds. 3 Squat racks, 1 power rack.

So - what do you think he's doing in our only power rack? Squats? Cleans? Deadlifts? Maybe something stupid like - Curls, Pullups, Shrugs? No. Not him. This guy is doing Yoga, by himself, in our only power rack for 30-45 mins everyday. Yoga loving handstands and backbends and every manner of what belongs in a loving yoga room. Not the VERY MIDDLE of the weight pit in our ONLY power rack.

To top it off, its always the same sweaty gross outfit he wears too - Bell bottom female style joggers, and some flavor of pastel t-shirt. I would never ever film somebody in the gym if it would hurt them - but god drat I am so close because this is just too outrageous to keep to myself.
have you tried... talking?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

yeah I mean I saw a guy doing ab rollouts in the power rack the other day but I didn't need it. If I did I would have just asked (just kidding he's really hot and intimidating).

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

nooneofconsequence posted:

yeah I mean I saw a guy doing ab rollouts in the power rack the other day but I didn't need it. If I did I would have just asked (just kidding he's really hot and intimidating).
dude was totally doing it on purpose

💯 alpha move

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

TenementFunster posted:

dude was totally doing it on purpose

💯 alpha move
yeah well I can ohp more than him :mad:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Dennis McClaren posted:

Yeah, like, go talk to management about that, or talk to him directly. Do not film him, talk to him respectfully but in a firm and commanding manner. You can do it. :11tea:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
also has anyone else noticed that after you get noticeably bigger than most people, other big strangers try to get aggo at you for no reason when they are drunk? i was with some people at a bar last night and somebody in my group accidentally bumped into this 6’5” nazi haircut guy and the dude got tilted *at me* over it. what the hell, dude

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The nazi dude wanted to show dominance, and you looked like the best target for that display. There is a difference tho, with how people interact with you. I'm 6'4'' but used to be kind of slumped over and skinnyfat. It's hard to describe, but there is a difference.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
My IT band is inflamed because I'm a dumbdumb and did a running yesterday.
Luckily today is only chest and tris, I hope I can do deadlifts tomorrow though.

I'm only 6'3" but it's nice that people get out of your way by themselves when I'm coming their direction. Also the only time I ever had somebody be in my face was a manlet smoking indoors and I told him to put it out. My GF then pushed him away and kept him at armslength with one hand which was loving hilarious to see.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I am 5’9”. As a Manlet, even with putting on size, no one bothers me. :shobon:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

doverhog posted:

The nazi dude wanted to show dominance, and you looked like the best target for that display. There is a difference tho, with how people interact with you. I'm 6'4'' but used to be kind of slumped over and skinnyfat. It's hard to describe, but there is a difference.
i just want them to go away!!

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
started up nSuns today. It was just the volume bench/ohp day so the weight didn't get super intense, but still, I did 9/8 sets respectively, super setting rows/pull ups/face pulls in and survived. I need to food prep for 11 days tomorrow, I need to do better about eating and sleeping right to ensure good recovery.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

lmao when people wearing headphones just busy out singing their blessed hearts out for ten seconds before they realize they're doing it and everyone else is like "okay who is this crazy person"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm going to the gym tonight.

It's been two months. I hope things haven't changed too much. Will I even remember how to get there?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I tried for 315 on my deadlift...

... and failed

:negative:

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It's alright I didn't even go to the gym today. I hosed up my sleeping pattern real bad.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

I'm going to the gym tonight.

It's been two months. I hope things haven't changed too much. Will I even remember how to get there?
Why not keep going to the gym but then don't do things that agitate your arms. Just pretend you don't have arms.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

my body is so hosed though im in pain every day. 4 hours in the gym tonight doing yoke, stones, sled and dumbells. fffuuu

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Khorne posted:

Why not keep going to the gym but then don't do things that agitate your arms. Just pretend you don't have arms.

The first time I had this shoulder problem (3/4/5 years ago or whatever it was) this is what I tried to do, but it turned out that just about everything hosed with it and 7 months later I was still in constant (mild) pain. The list of things that I can do with a completely relaxed shoulder isn't worth leaving the house for (I've been doing situps and my abs have never looked better lol).

It doesn't feel 100% now but the sharp pains have gone and the ache and numbness has subsided. Should be okay to front squat and ease into some back stuff.

I'm never going to bench again.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

dads friend steve posted:

I tried for 315 on my deadlift...

... and failed

:negative:

Hope nobody was watching.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Sludge Tank posted:

my body is so hosed though im in pain every day. 4 hours in the gym tonight doing yoke, stones, sled and dumbells. fffuuu

4 hours?
You jerking it in the bathroom a few times between sets or what?

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Gonna hit chest, shoulders, and quads today after eating all the food at the superbowl party last night.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Hope nobody was watching.

Of course not. I’m a dude, and clearly wasn’t doing anything impressive

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol if you're not judging everyone's lifts at all times no matter how puny

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

I'm never going to bench again.
Chance of you benching again before the end of the year: 100%

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Khorne posted:

Chance of you benching again before the end of the week: 100%

FTFY

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

4 hours?
You jerking it in the bathroom a few times between sets or what?

Uh... yeah?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I did front squats until my quads cramped and my asthmatic lungs closed up.

Then I kept going because it was only my second warmup set.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

I did front squats until my quads cramped and my asthmatic lungs closed up.

Then I kept going because it was only my second warmup set.

Lol god bless u

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

thinking about asking the local crossfit gym if i can oly lift there one day a week

i miss doing cleans and snatches, my home gym's ceiling is too low and i bump my noggin if i extend too high

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dennis McClaren posted:

tell him to scoot over and then do yoga in the rack right next to him as if its meant to accommodate 2 people

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
5x10 OHP is hard.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Wish my baby hands would stop doing this.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

bamhand posted:

5x10 OHP is hard.

at what %?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Oh yea after 6 weeks of not benching over 135 due to tendinitis in both my elbows I can now bench heavy again just so really happy about this!

well i did bench a little over 135 i was doing 531 but kept resetting at stupid low weights

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Fallows posted:

at what %?

Like 55-60% of 1RM.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

oh yea thats tough then doin just the bar after and only gettling like 5 reps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQnHOXyqEg