Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

You’d probably ding your legs up jumping from a second floor, but that’s better than the alternative.

poo poo like that London fire scares me, so I appreciate his desire to not live on a high floor, but mostly I’m just really scared of heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

quote:

Does anyone have buyer’s remorse? I wanna love this car, but honestly I hate it so so so so god drat much. Lol. I Don’t have a home charging station and It’s such a burden to get it charged up. A whole day must be dedicated to driving to various locations and waiting and people are unbelievably rude and half the machines don’t work. Does anyone else feel this way or am I the only one? Feels like no one will admit this car isn’t 100% pure sunshine. If only one other person tells me they hate it, then I’ll feel better and move on.

(Private message me if you’re afraid of the hive.)

Edit: hive is out in full force with unnecessary comments that do nothing for the thread and topic of discourse. The question clearly states that I have buyer’s remorse and I’m asking if anyone else does. If you don’t, then no offense...but move on. Lol. This doesn’t concern you.! Your impulse to comment is gross and it’s obvious you jump at the opportunity to flex your perceived skills of superiority on the road and behind the keyboard. See, this is why no one likes BMW owners, even other bmw owners. Ha!

Honestly , one person already agreed with me that charging stations can be a bitch. That’s all I needed. The rest of you are seeking to mend your own wounds by festering within mine. Like, gross. Go pick at your own scab. I was already pretty brazen to say I had buyer’s remorse in some jackoff subreddit dedicated to the drat car. now I need a chorus of people asking why I bought the car? Nope. You’re done. Go sit down somewhere.

(P.s. Please read my comments with a sense humor... you know, that human quality some of you lack).

It's a car thread but I think it fits in here, idiot buys an electric car with no way to charge it and then gets all upset that people point out that he is an idiot.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Three Olives posted:

It's a car thread but I think it fits in here, idiot buys an electric car with no way to charge it and then gets all upset that people point out that he is an idiot.

If you're planning to buy an electric car, wouldn't it be pertinent to bring an electrician in and install a charging station at your house/in your garage assuming you weren't renting?

If not, wouldn't it be better not to buy an electric car if you knew charging was going to be a huge hassle?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Well it's better if you can charge it somewhere that you don't pay for electricity, but yeah, it's pretty weird to buy the car without something in mind.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I work in fire safety and I loving hate indoor smokers so I hope that dude just severs from his trashy firebug inlaws. He seems a little overboard but not by much by how easy and quick it is to burn a modern house down.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Three Olives posted:

My [27M] daddy [50’s Musk] chokes me and spanks me all the time then charges me money to ride around in his car

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i (27f) just found out my best freind (27f) drunkenly kissed my husband (27m) of 2 years at our super bowl party last night. View this as a Drunken mistske or do I go nuclear? Relationships (self.relationships)

quote:

this post actually starts on Thursday when my best friend "Claire" was dumped by her BF whom she thought was her soul mate. Claire was as crushed as I've ever seen her and was essentially drunk Friday, Saturday and waking up Sunday at our house.

I had to get ready for our party and she said she'd stay to help but before I even had wings in the oven, she had gone through a bottle and half of skinny girl. She napped a little of it off in the afternoon but started hitting the booze again hard as people began to arrive.

Football bores the crap out of me so most of my friends sat in the other room and watched stranger things while Claire hung out with the guys. We started to hear rumors that she was telling all the guys how she's "damaged goods" and "easy picking for anyone that wanted some" that night. I guess she was really annoying them so my husband walked her down the long hallway between the living room and the den. Claire quickly passed out and is still asleep on the couch in the den. I fell asleep before the game was over so I didn't see anyone out. I thought it ended here but...

My husband just told me that as they were walking down the hall Claire grabbed him and kissed him deeply. He refused but she said something like "I've always loved you and wanted you for me...please." Then my husband walked her into the den where the story leaves off from the previous paragraph. He said he told me because he wants everything to be on the table between us.

I'm crushed that she would do this, we've been friends for almost 20 years and she knows that nothing would break my heart more than the man I love cheating on me. At the same time, I know she was drunk, I know she's an irrational drunk and I know she's very broken hearted.

What do I do about this?

tl;dr: Best friend drunkenly kissed my husband last night.

Never forgive, never forget, OP. Destroy her life.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

i (27f) just found out my best freind (27f) drunkenly kissed my husband (27m) of 2 years at our super bowl party last night. View this as a Drunken mistske or do I go nuclear? Relationships (self.relationships)

jeez that poor girl :( :therapy:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Admiral Ray posted:

Drunken mistake by your friend and your husband did the right thing.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Only one way to resolve this; Thunderdome.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
She should have sex with her friend.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Vargatron posted:

One friendship enters, no friendships leave

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vargatron posted:

I mean I guess she could marry claire if she wins but I dont knownif claire wants that

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The correct solution is to have the husband contact her and tell her that he too also has deep feelings for her and that he thinks they are meant to be together forever and that she is the one. Then set up a secret rendezvous at a hotel and tell her that a key is waiting for at the front desk. Then he and his wife and some of their mutual friends all hide in the room and when she opens the door they all jump out like a surprise party but the surprise is she is a dirty whore who tried to steal someone's husband and everyone knows it now. They could even get those letter balloons that spell out whore. Then record the whole thing and monetize it on YouTube.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That girl actually sounds depressed as hell and I hope she doesn't lose friendships over this but does get therapy

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Barudak posted:

I mean I guess she could marry claire if she wins but I dont knownif claire wants that

Actually just open the relationship and marry Claire. Polygamy is fine right?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

If OP doesn’t break things off with her friend, a good starting point would be ‘don’t have her over if there’s drinking/no getting hammered at our house’

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Seriously though sounds like it was one of those "moment of weakness" type things and she'd been in a 3 day bender that whole weekend. Not cool but maybe they should talk about it or get her some help.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Oh man, this one

BF (29M) jokes about my (25F) suicide attempt

quote:

I have been dating a guy for about a year and opened up to him about my attempted suicide after I was kicked out of pharmacy​ school. I later find out, from him, that he had been joking about it to his friends and saying "Gymandpuppies couldn't​ even kill herself properly so obviously she shouldn't be doing pharmacy​". It was a huge joke to him and he told me that I was too sensitive because I started crying when I found out. He made the joke a few more times but eventually stopped.

I'm suddenly very bitter about it and I've been too embarrassed to actually talk to anyone about it. What are your opinions on the situation, Reddit? Does this scream Deal Breaker or was I really being too sensitive?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Oh hey my friend's relationship ended and she's just stayed at my place getting blind drunk for 3 days straight. It's NBD she doesn't need to see a therapist or anything.

Oh she tried to kiss my husband? THAT loving BITCH

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh man, this one

He has a point, a pharmacist should know what a lethal dose of medication is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh man, this one

This guy probably has really strong Twitter game but his boyfriend game is pretty weak

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Three Olives posted:

He has a point, a pharmacist should know what a lethal dose of medication is.

How are you under the impression that pharmacists do anything at all

No matter how much she sucks at medicine, she's qualified to be a pharmacist

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can't spell pharmacist without harm assist

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

duck trucker posted:

Oh hey my friend's relationship ended and she's just stayed at my place getting blind drunk for 3 days straight. It's NBD she doesn't need to see a therapist or anything.

Oh she tried to kiss my husband? THAT loving BITCH

Yeah this is kind of what I was thinking. I doubt anything about the situation had to do with the husband specifically, regardless of what she said in the (drunken) moment.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Vargatron posted:

Seriously though sounds like it was one of those "moment of weakness" type things and she'd been in a 3 day bender that whole weekend. Not cool but maybe they should talk about it or get her some help.

Uh, what thread do you think that we are in? No matter how long or how deep a friendship is you always sever at the slightest transgression

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Meme Emulator posted:

Uh, what thread do you think that we are in? No matter how long or how deep a friendship is you always sever at the slightest transgression

The comments are nearly half-half split between drunken mistake/I would get crazy wasted and do weird poo poo and ‘she planned it! Don’t trust that snake!’

Oddly enough, nobody’s saying ‘well, letting a depressed upset girl go on a several day bender was probably a poor choice’. But if I learned anything, bringing up problematic drinking is one of those things people tend to shy away from to avoid confrontation

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i dont see it in the last few pages but i just wanted to chime in and say i’ve read the story the new thread title refers to and it is solid gold

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

LadyPictureShow posted:

The comments are nearly half-half split between drunken mistake/I would get crazy wasted and do weird poo poo and ‘she planned it! Don’t trust that snake!’

Oddly enough, nobody’s saying ‘well, letting a depressed upset girl go on a several day bender was probably a poor choice’. But if I learned anything, bringing up problematic drinking is one of those things people tend to shy away from to avoid confrontation

It's only problematic if the husband says "no".

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Three Olives posted:

He should have it converted into a crystal car. Then he could just JO to charge it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm the complete lack of concern turned shocked indignation when girlfriend reaches the inevitable conclusion of acting like a cat in heat to an entire superbowl party.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm the complete lack of concern turned shocked indignation when girlfriend reaches the inevitable conclusion of acting like a cat in heat to an entire superbowl party.

Surely somebody could have fallen on that grenade.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh man, this one

I mean that's awful, but it's a solid 8/10 burn.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You can't spell pharmacist without harm assist

Only if you allow repeat usage of letters. Otherwise the best you can do is "ham racist", which might still work? I don't know, I'm not in medicine.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I (M29) was humbled by my boss (M24) at work because of my height

quote:

I work at a tech startup owned by two brothers. The younger brother is office manager and in charge of, among other things, disbursing paychecks. This is my boss.

Now this guy (let’s call him “Chad” because that is his stereotype) got his job more through nepotism than interest or skill in software. He likes to joke a lot and can be pretty overwhelming. He’s friendly with most people in the office and they go out for drinks often after work but I’m usually not invited, but it’s fine because the S.O. prefers me not to drink.

This past Friday (our payday) Chad was handing out the paychecks straight from our office accountant. When he came around to my workstation he said “Hey Frank, here’s your check” and held it out to me. I reached out to take it and he lifted it above his head, knowing I couldn’t reach it (I’m 5’7”, he’s 6’3” maybe). I got out of my chair and humored him a little by trying to jump for it, he started laughing and after a few jump attempts he dropped the check on my desk and walked away laughing. A couple of other people in the office were laughing too.

I was really embarrassed and I’m not sure how to proceed. The owners are blood related and there isn’t some sort of corporate structure I could make appeals to since this is an indie startup. I need this job and don’t want to rock the boat, but I want to feel respected at work. What do I do?

TL;DR: My boss is publicly making fun of me for being short

"Humbled"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

"Humbled"

Break his shins.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
"I got out of my chair and humored him a little by trying to jump for it" that would make me laugh too

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

got out of my chair and humored him a little by trying to jump for it,

Dude, no. Just no.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

La Brea Carpet posted:

"Humbled"

Family business, non-blood will always be 2nd class and held to totally different standards. If this was some corporate environment that would be a fairly slam dunk hostile workplace issue, but in a family business the non-blood employee will always lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The moral of that story is to never work at a start up.