Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I did a quick look at chapter one and basically amounts to "Level everything up to 54 or don't bother with end-game crafting". It seems like they didn't extend the same quality of life improvements for the combat classes to the crafting and gathering classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jimbot posted:

I did a quick look at chapter one and basically amounts to "Level everything up to 54 or don't bother with end-game crafting". It seems like they didn't extend the same quality of life improvements for the combat classes to the crafting and gathering classes.

Nope they sure didn’t. You can still cut little niches off though. I made a couple mil selling sweaters this week.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I want to level gathering for profit but I keep making money running maps....

I have MIN and BTN at 55 and 58 but have very little desire to get to the end, especially with all the script farming I'll have to do.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I still feel like giving both Fordola and Yotsuyuu redemption arcs is one too many. I don't like it when real people use their traumas as an excuse to be horrible. I definitely don't want a double dose of it in my fiction. Someone earlier said they appreciated Zenos for being just an evil bastard and I agree. There are good people who make poor decisions (Urianger would probably fit here), but there are also bad people who are just looking for an excuse. Personally between the two, I'd take Fordola, but learning that that's a cultural difference is actually really neat.

At least we all agree that Illberd can gently caress off.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Jimbot posted:

It is considerably faster than it used to be, and the Moogle beast tribe quests offer a cheap, painless (if subscription-gated) route to level.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SonicRulez posted:

Personally between the two, I'd take Fordola, but learning that that's a cultural difference is actually really neat.

I feel like Fordola is a bit less heinous if only because she's not getting personal satisfaction out of the horrible things she does, even if I did dislike her immensely until 4.1 came out. Yotsuyu's circumstances were bad, but her whole "Oh, I have amnesia and you can't punish me" thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. I know she's technically not the same person anymore and she was screwed over by her family and stuff, but still.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mad Max: Fury Ronin

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

What's the fastest way to complete the aetheric density phase of the anima weapon?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rosalind posted:

What's the fastest way to complete the aetheric density phase of the anima weapon?

That's the light farming right? It's running A1S unsynced over and over IIRC.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

SettingSun posted:

That's the light farming right? It's running A1S unsynced over and over IIRC.

Right. I've never done A1S. You can do it unsynced and ignore the mechanics right?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rosalind posted:

Right. I've never done A1S. You can do it unsynced and ignore the mechanics right?

Yes. I always see Anima light farms in PF so try your hand in there. Worked marvelously for me.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

As long as you have enough people to DPS past them, yep. You can also solo Haukke HM if you can't find other people to farm with you

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rosalind posted:

With no light bonus windows you're looking at 60 A1S runs, or 60 Haukke runs. If you're say a MCH or BRD Haukke probably comes out faster to do?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ibblebibble posted:

Mad Max: Fury Ronin

yo where's that sick fire katana from

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Bolow posted:

With no light bonus windows you're looking at 60 A1S runs, or 60 Haukke runs. If you're say a MCH or BRD Haukke probably comes out faster to do?

Jesus really? I'm a paladin.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Rosalind posted:

Jesus really? I'm a paladin.

Used to be like 400 so

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Used to be like 400 so

Please don't remind me. Luckily a full party running A1S can do it in just a couple minutes so it goes by pretty quick.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Bolow posted:

I highly doubt that as long as there are regular pfs up. I did a bunch of manor before I gave up and did a1s in pf. Even with the downtime waiting on a healer it was way faster.

I did haukke as blm, big pulls, optimized movement and use of foul/sprint/swift/triple cast so I only had to stop moving when picking up a key or opening a door. (I like speed running and had a lot of fun optimizing) but I doubt it's much faster as brd/mch.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

yo where's that sick fire katana from

It's a crafted Ifrit katana. Best bet is the MB or a goon if you have the mats. I got mine for ~400k.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SettingSun posted:

Please don't remind me. Luckily a full party running A1S can do it in just a couple minutes so it goes by pretty quick.

yeah, a group with a tank, a healer or 2 and 5/6 dps can complete A1s in 2 minutes, takes about 2 hours of steady grinding to complete it, less if you catch a bonus window.

I got real lucky on my last one and caught a bonus window. Did about half of what you need in 20 minutes.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
What could go wrong?

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/960581449370882048

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Finally, Hoary Boulder can learn my true feelings.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

I already feel bad for the intern who has to sort through all the letters to Khloe and the creepy poo poo that I'm sure some people are writing to her.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

"Step on me, tiger daddy"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

It's a crafted Ifrit katana. Best bet is the MB or a goon if you have the mats. I got mine for ~400k.

my retainer jacked me one.

Rosalind posted:

a9s but it has some mechanics you might not be able to skip

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Is it fine to use one of the hundreds and hundreds of ones I've already written or do I have to write something new?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
My Dearest Y'shtola,

It immediately occurs to me that I should've done this in braille.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I kinda wanna write an in-character letter, but I dunno who I would do it for. Ysayle? V'kebbe? I dunno.

Saint Freak posted:

My Dearest Y'shtola,

poo poo, I can't beat this. :smith:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Maybe it's the beer talking Garuda but you got a butt that won't quit. They got these big chewy pretzels here .rnerduanstvrgrm five hundred gil??!!!? get outta heresmeheithes

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Darling Nidhogg,

I only have eyes for you. Um they're your eyes in the first place actually.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

This Is Just To Say

I have eaten
the finger sandwiches
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for supper

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

My Dearest Y'shtola,

submit this

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

time to write the Ballad of Longhaft

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
Dear Phantom Train,

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ibblebibble posted:

"Step on me, tiger daddy"

This but unironiclly

Please submit this it's perfect

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Unfortunately it says it's supposed to be longer than 100 words.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dear Admiral Merlwyb,

I remember you exist.

Your Roedame bae,

Rayla Paperbaggins

PS I don't know how to spell your last name. Sorry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Do I have to write my letter to Hien in Traditional Hingan for him to understand?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Unfortunately it says it's supposed to be longer than 100 words.

lorem ipsum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Roses are Red, Violets are Blue. A smile better suits a hero. But now you smell PU."