Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
have they ever shown that though? there's been a few flashbacks where they chatted as kids but nothing to imply that they frequently used a dog powered pen pal service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
That's why I put trying in italics. It wasn't going to work anyway because the Leviathan fight is bad and boring, you have no attachment to the city that gets destroyed, describing Lunafreya and Noctis' relationship as long distance would be generous, Ardyn eventually showing his true colors was entirely predictable, and Ignis was blinded off screen and without explanation. It's difficult to give a crap about anything that actually happened at Altissia, but they at least could have used Noctis' reaction to draw some feelings of pity out of you, assuming you care about him at all.

But no, they failed at that too.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
also they all have fuckin cell phones so they woulda been snapchatting anyway

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Good news for anyone following this LP, Final Fantasy XV is coming to Steam in early March. All 100+ gigs of it. So if you just can't wait to see what happens next and you don't have a PS4, you still have an opportunity to play it!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
So when does Hillary Clinton hunt you down for destroying her entire loving stupid city Station Square?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Momomo posted:

Good news for anyone following this LP, Final Fantasy XV is coming to Steam in early March. All 100+ gigs of it. So if you just can't wait to see what happens next and you don't have a PS4, you still have an opportunity to play it!

I don't even understand how this game is 100 gigs. Is it all textures and voice clips of prompto going "wooo ooh! aaah!" when the car goes over a bump? Just Cause 2 was like 36 square miles

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just high def FMV and unique textures probably. poo poo adds up fast if you're faffing about reusing any of it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kuvo posted:

also they all have fuckin cell phones so they woulda been snapchatting anyway
do they ever use their phones for anything other than playing lovely mobile games?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I think Noct got a call from Cindy about his car at some point, but no, nobody uses their phones for realistic purposes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Nihilarian posted:

do they ever use their phones for anything other than playing lovely mobile games?

actually yeah, they called each other when they were split up for the CITY SCHEME

whatever that was

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Cory in the Blouse posted:

I don't even understand how this game is 100 gigs. Is it all textures and voice clips of prompto going "wooo ooh! aaah!" when the car goes over a bump? Just Cause 2 was like 36 square miles

100 gigs might include all different voice packs with aforementioned, and then it adds up fast.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This seems like entirely the sort of project where they did FMV mouth shaping for each individual language.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I don't even want to know how much of an unoptimized mess this would be on PC.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sydin posted:

I don't even want to know how much of an unoptimized mess this would be on PC.

You're in luck and can find out right now. http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/en/ let's you download a benchmark that tells you how bad it runs on you computer. But don't worry, it's such a mess that if you mash the arrow keys/WSAD when you get out of the car, you break the scripting and can run around somewhat freely.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Momomo posted:

sssshhh don't give them an excuse to stop playing

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
A couple of PC only gaming friends said this game and ME:A are so boring they will not touch it even if it was free on PC.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

lmao the benchmark is 3.7 GB zipped

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATES :frogsiren:

Episode 50: Chicky Nuggs

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe Tom Hanks from The Polar Express let himself go... and selling weapons to anyone who stumbles up... and started being voiced by Steve Blum.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Kid's King's Cuisine

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Wait hold on, first minute and a half of the video. Isn't this like the second time Noctis was declared dead when he's just walking around mingling with people? :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I spent a good 30 seconds trying to work out why my mouse wasn't working.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Noctis was not declared dead this time

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

Noctis was not declared dead this time

Oh okay, I looked back and paused to read the bottom part. So the note is either Empire propaganda and pointless because it will never matter or it's true to give the player some information on what happened, but that would mean Noctis has only been moping for a day or two after coming out of a water coma or something and Gladiolus is an even bigger dick?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like to imagine Noctis picked eating the can of gak over the cup noodle just to spite Gladiolus

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why is Marshal Petain moolighting as a weapons salesman?

And how do these chucklefucks manage to be so helpless that their only recourse is to scarf down cold canned food when cook guy is incapacitated? You'd think that even if they aren't culinary geniuses they could still ask him how to warm up the grub and follow simple instructions.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Danaru posted:

I like to imagine Noctis picked eating the can of gak over the cup noodle just to spite Gladiolus

Same.

I mean the game is not doing a bad job of showing how the whole group dynamic is trashed now but, since this is all stapled onto the end of a segment as as astoundingly stupid as whatever the hell happened in the water city that I'm still trying to figure out, I'm not willing to let go of my grudges and appreciate any of that. The writers have a lot to repent for still.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
So no joke you are actually near the end of the game somehow? When nothing has happened?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also I wanna know who thought it'd be a valuable addition to the game to have the dudes complain at you at regular intervals. Because I can't see how that could possibly improve the experience in any way.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The game putting you on a train feels pretty apt given how hard it's started rail-roading you.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

It's best to think of this game as having two halves, the open world lots of gameplay with very little story half and the half where the plot lives which we are now in.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also I wanna know who thought it'd be a valuable addition to the game to have the dudes complain at you at regular intervals. Because I can't see how that could possibly improve the experience in any way.

This is probably the worst part of the game just for this in my opinion. And if you choose the leave Ignis behind he still comes along and you have to go slow or Gladio will yell at you.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
It would be worth it if running ahead too many times triggered a cutscene where Gladiolus punches you in the gut until Ignis catches up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I hope this section is the only one where you have to put up with großmutter Gladdy constantly yelling, "Slow down!" at you.

Because in a game filled with annoying things, that's managed to outshine outstink every single other one.

What happens if you ignore him and continue running ahead? Does the game dump you back at the start of the dungeon?

A dungeon which contains the body of an ancient king. In enemy territory. In a loving quarry.

I can only imagine, somewhere in the game world, there's the remains of an ancient king being used to prop a door open, or something.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 6, 2018

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If you run on ahead you get a short cutscene where Gladio stops you, but you can just run off again. There's no actual repercussion to just ignoring them, other than that.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
If you get Ignis' IQ up high enough, the next time you rest at an inn he'll turn the broken harmonica into a really cool weapon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Noctis should tell these guys to gently caress off and get some of those competent dudes his dad hung around and "shared his power" with. Maybe hire titsandspikes the dragoon to help him out.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Aranea actually can show up randomly when you're running around the open world just to chill and kill some monsters with you. I don't know how long she sticks around though because I immediately started booking it when I saw the dropship overhead and didn't realize what was going on until too late :v:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Noctis is going to rule a nation but neither he nor two thirds of his royal advisors can figure out how to apply heat to food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Considering his royal advisors consist of a man with no backstory at all (seriously, is there anything on who Gladiolus actually is), his butler/driver who is now blind, and a random dude he was friends with at school I don't think he picks very good bodyguards/advisors.

• Locked thread