Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda wanna write an in-character letter, but I dunno who I would do it for. Ysayle? V'kebbe? I dunno.

poo poo, I can't beat this. :smith:

The secret boss of Snowclosk is a long-buried cabinet containing pages upon pages of half-complete, frost-encrusted, and incredibly uncomfortable fan-mail to Hraesvelgr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You probably can't romance Ysayle unless you're some kind of elder god LARPer anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You probably can't romance Ysayle unless you're some kind of elder god LARPer anyway.

You need a vore fetish.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"Ay yo Hilda let's make a quarter-breed." Anyways, I want the Noble Barding when this entry wins, thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Haurchefaunt's dead
Iceheart too

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Haurchefaunt's dead
Iceheart too
So you're writing to Aymeric then?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

all these people not writing to objectively most good and moral of all characters Fufulupa for shame.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gloomy Rube posted:

all these people not writing to objectively most good and moral of all characters Fufulupa for shame.

People get kind of weird and judgey about wanting to romance root vegetables.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Dear Edda.

You may have tried to take my body, but you only stole my heart.

I miss you.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

People get kind of weird and judgey about wanting to romance root vegetables.

valentine's day is for friendship too, imo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tragedienne posted:

Dear Edda.

You may have tried to take my body, but you only stole my heart.

I miss you.

:same:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gloomy Rube posted:

valentine's day is for friendship too, imo.

I too was single once.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kuvo posted:

time to write the Ballad of Longhaft

You stand sword drawn facing Qiqirn threat,
Outnumbered ten to one with your household-of-three;
Yet bound by duty, you remain ever erect,
And thrust into melee with blissful glee.

Oh captain, cocksure, bulging with pride,
Sapphire and Ruby they share in your toil;
Over levers unseen, long nights by your side,
In efforts eternal, applying ever yet more oil.

I watched from afar my heart yearning but fierce,
To assist your struggles, of this I did plead.
My heart, your response to me, did pierce,
"Another hand on the lever is the last thing I need".

Oh Longhaft please reconsider this fledgling engineer,
I need 6 months more apprenticeship to start my career.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Write an in character valentine to Alisaie from the tempered enthralled kobold pup and you'll win

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
When the housing goes up, will people be able to xfer private houses immediately, or are transfers also included in the current suspension of private home building?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Write a Valentine to Omega, convincing him not to terminate your life in one hundred and eighty seconds.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

All right, I got my WHM to level 50 and did the job quest. Time to try healing some real content!

(queues up Duty Roulette: Trials)

I got this. I'm gonna heal some people.

(queue pops)

No pressure. I got this. It'll be fine.

(screen fades to black)

"Cape Westwind has begun"

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
A perfect opportunity to practice your Stone spam!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Has anyone heard anything about them patching the cheese strat for O5S ghost phase? Some people have been saying they are patching it tomorrow but I haven't seen anything official

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They're probably not going to announce what bugs/exploits if any are being patched until the servers are down and the patch notes come up.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rujasu posted:

All right, I got my WHM to level 50 and did the job quest. Time to try healing some real content!

(queues up Duty Roulette: Trials)

I got this. I'm gonna heal some people.

(queue pops)

No pressure. I got this. It'll be fine.

(screen fades to black)

"Cape Westwind has begun"

I almost ran into another wipe on westwind the other night because half the party was first-timers but we pulled it out with half the party dead. At least this time I knew what to yell at them to do better if it did turn into a wipe

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I almost ran into another wipe on westwind the other night because half the party was first-timers but we pulled it out with half the party dead. At least this time I knew what to yell at them to do better if it did turn into a wipe

Wait what? People died in that fight? How? Were they all wearing their Brand New gear or something?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I guess if they're doing it at 49?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Westwind is brutal, man. They honestly ought to retune it or make the current build some kind of Extreme/Hard mode fight. Sure, it's just a little tricky for us end game geared assholes, but imagine sprouts back in the day just suddenly hitting this wall.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a weird bug in Byakko where he does Sweep the Leg, lightning bolts, and the stack marker at the same time. :supaburn:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nessus posted:

Westwind is brutal, man. They honestly ought to retune it or make the current build some kind of Extreme/Hard mode fight. Sure, it's just a little tricky for us end game geared assholes, but imagine sprouts back in the day just suddenly hitting this wall.

Duty Finder means that Rhitzy will be dead in seconds, though. I mean, yeah, those adds hit hard, but they barely ever have time to hit anything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

the mini cactpot broker is a real raiser of mountains if you catch my drift

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a list anywhere of the bis items for each of the jobs?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rujasu posted:

Wait what? People died in that fight? How? Were they all wearing their Brand New gear or something?

If you're not 50 yet and you don't know to dodge the magitek missile attack before the aoe marker appears, it can get ya.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you're not 50 yet and you don't know to dodge the magitek missile attack before the aoe marker appears, it can get ya.

I could see that.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Is there a list anywhere of the bis items for each of the jobs?

The nerds are still crunching numbers

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I could see that.

It's extremely rare, but I assume what's happening is that once in a blue moon you can end up as the odd man in a premade group of people running through the MSQ for the first time or something. That's the only explanation I can think of, unless the game does its best to match the lowest level people together or something, but the odds of that many sub-50 individuals queuing for westwind at the same time actually seem lower than just a group. Anyway I've had the privilege twice (and the first time was my first time too)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

The nerds are still crunching numbers
And, unless I'm misunderstanding something drastically, definitely don't use the Ariyala bis solver with its default stat weights. It says it still gives 0 weight to Direct Hit points so it should be completely wrong.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Should I be staying up until the servers are back up in hopes of relocated my private house or will only FC's get a shot at housing right now?

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Note Block posted:

Should I be staying up until the servers are back up in hopes of relocated my private house or will only FC's get a shot at housing right now?

My understanding is that FCs can buy houses and anyone with a house can relocate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Note Block posted:

If you're on Hyperion you should absolutely go to bed right now.

I think private house relocation is fine but only FCs can acquire new houses. So like if everyone moves their poo poo to Shirogane there'll be an equal number of newly vacated lots in the other developments.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Nice, thanks all. I'm on Ultros. Probably gonna take a nap and wake up at 1:30am PST in hopes of catching the opportunity to move my private house to Shirogane.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Nessus posted:

If you're on Hyperion you should absolutely go to bed right now.

I think private house relocation is fine but only FCs can acquire new houses. So like if everyone moves their poo poo to Shirogane there'll be an equal number of newly vacated lots in the other developments.

Why Hyperion in particular?

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Martman posted:

And, unless I'm misunderstanding something drastically, definitely don't use the Ariyala bis solver with its default stat weights. It says it still gives 0 weight to Direct Hit points so it should be completely wrong.

its not been updated since HW, stat weights don't really work like that anymore, and in any case its not that needed since the death of accuracy.

Your best stat is either DH or crit so just go for the highest ilvl piece that has that, you don't need solvers anymore.

(i'm sure theres some edge cases but eh.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Archyduke posted:

Why Hyperion in particular?
Because I don't want the competition!!