Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

MechaX posted:

I was joking in that answer, but in regards to Gridania, yeah, the stuff they are willing to do in the name of the Elementals is distressing (although, I don't think we've ever seen Gridania do anything more overt than "nope, can't stay here, forest will eat you and us if we did").

But again, the Elementals did flood the world at one point and is still pretty mean to anything living for reasons I don't think we entirely know just yet.

Who does Limsa worship

Profit through piracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thundarr posted:

Sometimes you run into people who have interesting ideas about how their job is supposed to work.

Hm i mean he's casting way more ice then he... wait... there's just FIre IV... which means he's transposing and.... oh
oh no.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood: Where we find New and Interesting ways to Fail At Everything.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I did it. I got lost in housing again. All it took was a transfer to a Medium.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

EponymousMrYar posted:

Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood: Where we find New and Interesting ways to Fail At Everything.

You talking about that BLM parse or that storage limit :smith:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I actually think Merlwyb shakes out to being the least sympathetic of the leaders we've met just because her reply to Y'shtola calling her out on making things with the kobolds worse was basically "suck my dick".

Like if anyone was going to genocide their local beast tribe I'm pretty sure it'd be Limsa.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Blockhouse posted:

I actually think Merlwyb shakes out to being the least sympathetic of the leaders we've met just because her reply to Y'shtola calling her out on making things with the kobolds worse was basically "suck my dick".

Like if anyone was going to genocide their local beast tribe I'm pretty sure it'd be Limsa.

Absolutely. As much as every city-state has difficult relationships with the beast tribes occupying the lands directly surrounding it, Limsa is the one with the most directly adversarial relationship with its beast tribes. Gridania is doing alright with the Sylphs (though they've pretty strongly stressed that the Ixal can gently caress right off) and I have no doubt Ul'dah would happily engage in trade relations with the Amal'jah if the latter were at all interested in that sort of thing, but Limsa very clearly just wants to wipe the beastmen off the face of the planet. Which is kind of ironic, considering the Sahagin are only interested in their own survival and the Kobolds give no shits about anything that isn't mining ore.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

To be fair to Merlwyb, her nations populace are literal walking powder kegs looking for any excuse to kill one another, never mind anyone they consider outsiders - and not in secret like with Ul'dah's crimelords. The fact that the Kobolds and Sahagin haven't been wiped out is more a testament to how much she reins her nation of outlaws in. She just makes no excuses for the situation when Y'shtola points the finger.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KoB posted:

Our tiny FC of friends finally got the money together, wards are a ghost town though.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Congratulations on obtaining THE BEST Mist plot in the game.

hell ye it is

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I actually think Merlwyb shakes out to being the least sympathetic

she's a magnificent femroe pirate queen

she's the most sympathetic person in the entire game by such a distance that she's #1, #2 and #3

she could go and pop that baby kobold from the msq in the face and i'd still march into hell for her.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I love Merlwyb but being incredibly cool doesn't mean she isn't a very flawed person.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If Merlwyb has a problem it's that a lot of her badass factor seems to be inferred. Like she shot a Sahaguin. Both Nanamo and Kan-e-Senna, to say nothing of Aymeric, have shown more courage and grit "on stage." I may be forgetting details, of course.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Six straight hours of Byakko extreme PF groups have convinced me that human beings are incapable of learning.

This includes me because I did this for six hours. All I wanted was one parse run where I didn't die.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 7, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

I love Merlwyb but being incredibly cool doesn't mean she isn't a very flawed person.

She's so cool that things she does that are "wrong" are right by virtue of her doing them.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The WHM quests in SB do a decent job of showing what can scare people so much about some aspects of living in Gridania.

But enough talk, more catgirls!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Thundarr posted:

Sometimes you run into people who have interesting ideas about how their job is supposed to work.

I feel ill

That is a lot of effort to go through to play a class objectively wrong. I'm pretty sure you'll get better DPS by just spamming fire 3

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Hommando posted:

Six straight hours of Byakko extreme PF groups have convinced me that human beings are incapable of learning.

This includes me because I did this for six hours. All I wanted was one parse run where I didn't die.

I know your pain. I have had multiple days of byakko PF parties with "farm" labeled on them and I have came out with 7 totems and not the weapon I want. Doggo has dropped 3 times in those 7 runs and not one axe. After I get that I'm not touching the drat run again.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Sad too because this is one of the easiest primals in a long time.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Sad too because this is one of the easiest primals in a long time.

I agree on that one. But PF parties have devolved to the point where they get confused by stack markers and red balls slowly getting closer to you.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Renegret posted:

I feel ill

That is a lot of effort to go through to play a class objectively wrong. I'm pretty sure you'll get better DPS by just spamming fire 3

The best part is that he did not die during that fight. 1200 dps was his best effort at ~i325.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Samael posted:

I know your pain. I have had multiple days of byakko PF parties with "farm" labeled on them and I have came out with 7 totems and not the weapon I want. Doggo has dropped 3 times in those 7 runs and not one axe. After I get that I'm not touching the drat run again.

I've been putting full goon groups together and we've flat out been doing first time clears for ~half of the group and we still usually end up doing a 4 run farm by the end of the night.

I'm really convinced we need a LFG (Looking For Goon) linkshell for savages and primals because I've rarely gotten bites on discord when I needed someone on short notice, and three free companies makes cross promotion a pain in the rear end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Byakko Ex is not hard, but as a melee dps who sometimes needs to hold still for a few seconds to make huge bananas, I would rather he kept his balls in his pants.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Byakko Ex is not hard, but as a melee dps who sometimes needs to hold still for a few seconds to make huge bananas, I would rather he kept his balls in his pants.

Byakko lets you absorb a lot more "Idiot" moments than partydad did. But Byakko midloads all of it's difficulty and partydad slowly ramps up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I got thrown into Rabanastre by the duty roulette and oh my god it was horrible.

Tons of disconnects in the middle and I was never able to make it to the third boss and I had no idea what I was doing.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Seriously I am a bigfan of the new pvp gear.

I also managed to pick up plot 2 in Mist on Balmeme for my personal house. Good housing patch.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

She's so cool that things she does that are "wrong" are right by virtue of her doing them.

Yeah but most of that was down to her old voice and how she looks.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Saint Freak posted:

Against better judgement I relocated and have to reset all my items.

But I built a sauna overlooking a beach so I can judge people without actually having to go down there, which is some one-percenter poo poo so I'm fine.

That's the plot I would move to if it was on the side with plots numbered 51 and up. The sun sets over the water and you have a perfect view. My house is actually right next to that plot basically where the camera is in Ward 6.

The only reason I didn't is because as it stands my house faces the stairway and a rockface, so it feels like a little private island of sorts overlooking the beach.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thundarr posted:

:(

I want to know at what point this person became so confused. It looks like an ice mage but they do love fire 4. Like, what...?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Nessus posted:

If Merlwyb has a problem it's that a lot of her badass factor seems to be inferred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvXSHLPB1aM

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Merlwyb owns because her method of figuring out whose armor is superior in the level 50 armorsmith quest is having people wear it and then have the poo poo beaten out of them then shot. If that doesn't make her the best I don't even know what to say.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

A. Beaverhausen posted:

:(

I want to know at what point this person became so confused. It looks like an ice mage but they do love fire 4. Like, what...?

One likely explanation is that the guy boosted and apparently must know what Transpose and Enochian do, but never actually read the Fire/Blizzard III tooltip.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

Merlwyb owns because her method of figuring out whose armor is superior in the level 50 armorsmith quest is having people wear it and then have the poo poo beaten out of them then shot. If that doesn't make her the best I don't even know what to say.

I wonder if being shot by Merlwyb is a rite of passage for Limsans.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Leofish posted:

What sword is that?

Rapier of the Black Griffin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hommando posted:

I am really impressed that a fight that easy manages to be such a pub slayer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hommando posted:

I cleared the fight 22 times, so I was sure people had it down to a science. Cue me joining a party that wiped ten times in a row, not even managing to get the tiger below 50% HP consistently.

The one time we got to enrage, Byakko still had 30% HP. :negative:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Saint Freak posted:

Against better judgement I relocated and have to reset all my items.

But I built a sauna overlooking a beach so I can judge people without actually having to go down there, which is some one-percenter poo poo so I'm fine.

The only place with medium spots left on Excalibur is the goblet. If it was anywhere else I probably wouldn't hesitate, but I'm sitting here weighing it out. I think a small part of me is hoping that they all get bought up so I can just say I'm stuck with my small.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Byakko has been a shitshow for me as well.

It's weird because it's so completely scripted.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Philonius posted:

Byakko has been a shitshow for me as well.

It's weird because it's so completely scripted.

as opposed to which other fights...?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Man, I've been a bit spooked to try out Byakko EX, but I thought both Susano and Lakshmi were super easy (and fun). If you guys are saying it's even easier than them, I might have to give it a shot tonight.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Seriously I am a bigfan of the new pvp gear.

Is that the tank gear? I'm pretty meh on sandals and stuff but the chestpiece looks fairly solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

as opposed to which other fights...?

Other fights are too, fair enough. But for example, on Susano when you get marked you need to consider for a bit where you're going to stand so that you don't gently caress over the party with the line AOEs. On Byakko, you always stand at your given mark, and you get plenty of time to do so.

And like, the puddle mechanic where 2 players get marked. What's the point of that, even? The marked players hardly take any damage, the puddles are tiny, noone really needs to move at the time so just drop them to the side wherever.

It's just even easier than Susano and Lakshmi were at release, but people have more trouble with it.