Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

They've gotten pretty good at covering up the leaks of the new skins I have to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Yea and it's pissing me right the f off, how can I get hype without confirmation of a new Doomfist skin?!?!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Going with what I mention a few pages ago on the most boring potg is Pharah. Oh boy I hit Q when people weren't noticing me and I got three kill. Zzzzzzzz.

one time I got a potg as pharah that was a long range direct impact that killed both the pharah and her mercy and it was really cool and I got lots of votes for it

ok that's my story thanks for listening

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The more people on the point the faster it captures. But does the cart move faster with more people on it? Or only up to 3?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I got a POTG once where I reflected a Deadeye and killed an ulting Pharah that was neat

Also got a great highlight where I reflected a Deadeye with a mid-air 180 straight into McCree's face which felt way cooler but didn't earn me POTG because algorithms

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

obi_ant posted:

The more people on the point the faster it captures. But does the cart move faster with more people on it? Or only up to 3?

Both cap out at 3 people on point for maximum value.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

one time I got a potg as pharah that was a long range direct impact that killed both the pharah and her mercy and it was really cool and I got lots of votes for it

ok that's my story thanks for listening

At least that was doing something other then pressing Q up close so nobody could react.

[edit]

So they reveal a little more about the new event. It four weeks and has a new map designed for Capture the Flag which they THANKFULLY changed it so draws no longer happen and grabbing the flag is instant, but using a ability that makes you invaluable or move faster drops the flag. And I guess out of the six new skins two are for Mercy and Genji :effort:.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 7, 2018

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9nVxg3DqAM

Year of the Dog Update
  • New Map: Thailand. Specifically made for CTF. Sounds like it has a symmetrical design but asymmetrical appearance (ancient/modern)
  • CTF rules modified based on feedback.
  • If CTF matches are tied when the clock runs out, they are resolved by moving flags closer to center, making the tiebreaking capture happen more easily
  • Certain abilities (invulnerability or high mobility in particular) result in flag drops. These abilities were picked case by case.
  • Special CTF comp season
  • Event will be 4 weeks instead of the usual 3
  • 6 Legendary Skins; Mercy, Genji, Widow (visible in preview), and three others

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 7, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I was just thinking yesterday how I missed Capture the Flag so I'm excited for a new map that's exclusive to it!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Supercar Gautier posted:

6 Legendary Skins; Mercy, Genji, Widow (visible in preview), and three others
Two of them better be Moira and Doomfist :colbert:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So yay, free comp points for CTF.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The question is when are we gonna get comp mystery heroes

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Two of them better be Moira and Doomfist :colbert:

I bet they won't get one and they give Tracer yet another gold skin.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I love when I see an overwatch news post and I get all excited and click it hoping to see some new stuff but it's just jeff kaplan's dumb podcast

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm glad that they're fixing draws in CTF, not sure how I feel about the other changes yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thexerox123 posted:

I'm glad that they're fixing draws in CTF, not sure how I feel about the other changes yet.

I'm totally all about taking away the ability to carry the flag while doing all the movment stuff. Winston being able to just leap away with it or Sombra being able to instantly teleport away with it was ridiculous.

I wonder if this will apply to ults too

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I'm totally all about taking away the ability to carry the flag while doing all the movment stuff. Winston being able to just leap away with it or Sombra being able to instantly teleport away with it was ridiculous.

I wonder if this will apply to ults too
I'm kind of wondering if that change will make huffing hog the ultimate flag carrier.

Seeing as how you can't take advantage of mobility anymore, all that will matter is durability.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I guess I'm mostly ehh about the instantly grabbing the flag thing that somebody mentioned? Unless that is just in overtime.

At the same time, though, I don't really see a problem with high-mobility characters being big threats in CTF. But that change might not be too bad.

Will Tracer be able to jump forward while holding the flag now?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just had a weird bug in mystery heroes where I died as Lucio and our Mercy revived me right as I respawned as Reinhardt and the game spawned my hammer man where my dj died.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
One of the skins better be Orisa and now she is an actual robot dog centaur.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They didn't give anyone a Rooster costume last year so I wouldn't necessarily expect any dog costumes this year.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Supercar Gautier posted:

They didn't give anyone a Rooster costume last year so I wouldn't necessarily expect any dog costumes this year.

Bastion has the skin that makes Ganymede a rooster.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Heliotrope posted:

Bastion has the skin that makes Ganymede a rooster.

:boom: dog skin confirmed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

legit low key bummed at proposed CTF changes. i know i was vastly in the minority here but i fuckin loved CTF when it was around on a regular basis because i really found it to be the most chill mode. it’s a game mode where i could just pick torb and still win the majority of my games because defense heroes finally had a place to shine. or sometimes i’d go lucio and just ferry my team back and forth. the game mode was overall slower and sometimes bullshit but it’s really not something you had to tryhard. i was looking forward to comp CTF because it’s something i’d be able to mindlessly grind away at and walk away with some easy comp points

but i guess defense heroes being good is a bad thing. gotta make the flag caps instant and the only way to stop it is to outright murder the other team. all offence all the time go go go. i get the idea that this is to make the game mode more engaging and action packed but that’s exactly why i liked original CTF in the first place— in a sense the other modes are already about that kinda poo poo and CTF was my place to chill out. now i just feel someone like torb is going to be a liability and if i’m not roadhog or something then why am i playing

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I think I stopped playing CTF after I got kicked out from a game for "inactivity" as Symmetra when I was defending and all the action was on the other end. Maybe I'll try again now :regd09:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I mean all it means is that if your team and the enemy team are just doing gently caress all you'll have to build your defences further up and kill more dudes, this doesn't mean defence heroes are bad, lol

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

All this means is that a turret nest won't automatically stop a capture and you will have to actually fight the flag runner to stop them, oh noooooo.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

dogstile posted:

It disables fade and sometimes i'd really like to be able to fade out of certain death

Sometimes i get hit by some ridiculous bullshit shatters though

I played a ton of pharah back when shatter extended up like 15 loving meters, lemme tell you about bullshit shatters.

On the other hand, whenever a reinhardt charges me I just jump and he flies right on by, so I guess it is only fair

dogstile posted:

Sure but that doesn't mean one skill is more powerful than another, etc.

I still think the ult is anemic, but it charges so goddamn fast i'm not sure anymore

People have weird idea about how ults should be game changing potg every time. Her ult kinda sucks, but it's not that hard to get decent mileage out of it. Seems to shine best either at breaking up a hard point of people hiding behind shields so you can push em/scatter their push/force out a defensive ult or (similarly) just pop it, start spraying anyone not in cover and yell at your team on comms to PUSH PUSH PUSH GO GO GO GOGOGOGOGOGOGGO BE AGGRESSIVE IVE GOT U BB

In any event you've got it back like 20-40 seconds later so using it in edge cases is fine.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

pretend her beam is zaryas beam

yes this 100%

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 7, 2018

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The only dps heroes I play are defense (+Symmetra, the closest thing I have to a 'main') and I loathed the old CTF with the passion of a thousand Dinoflasks salivating at a new dev update.

Bring on the changes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The CTF changes could have been “At the start of every round, steak and a cold beer are imported to your room while Jessica Alba serves it to you naked” and I’d still only play it for my Lootboxes and GTFO

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Does Mercy have the most skins at this point?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

Does Mercy have the most skins at this point?

No, she's about on par with most of the original roster. Tracer, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Zarya, Mei, and McCree all have 16, which is the most anyone has. Mercy has 15 right now and is about to get her 16th.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Winston hasn't gotten a skin in a year, Tracer hasn't gotten one in 9 months. I want a Torb skin myself.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Bust Rodd posted:

The CTF changes could have been “At the start of every round, steak and a cold beer are imported to your room while Jessica Alba serves it to you naked” and I’d still only play it for my Lootboxes and GTFO

That's probably because you're asking for beer and not the superior rum :grognard:

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna play the poo poo out of the new CTF, but i'm going to drink the whole time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gonna be mad if doomfist misses 3 events in a row. he's still not got any event skins at all

no, blizzard world does not count

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

all i ask is if they're going to go through all this work trying to fix capture the flag and giving it it's own map, then they should give it its own permanent card in the arcade mode (they won't)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All I ask is they make CTF more than 6 loving people if they’re going to push it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

gonna be mad if doomfist misses 3 events in a row. he's still not got any event skins at all

no, blizzard world does not count

I hope Orisa and Doomfist (Moira probably too soon for one) get one, but it probably going to be Tracer again.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I will play enough CTF to get the lootbox and the free gold weapon points, and then never touch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I want a CTF map with the flag out on a 15 yard diameter platform for maximum boopage.