Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska got 4* DE/OLB Caleb Tannor out of Atlanta, giving us potential for something resembling a pass rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

4 star DE/LB Andrew Chatfield picks UF over Miami.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Ehud posted:

4 star DE/LB Andrew Chatfield picks UF over Miami.

Miami didn't send him a NLI. I'm guessing they knew he wasn't coming.

We did hold onto Nesta though.

Got none of the AH CBs. We're the only team that hires a HS coach and almost none of the kids come.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee has picked up 3-star DE John Mincey and 3-star S Trevon Flowers this morning.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
There are only 33 five-star prospects in the Class of 2018. #UGA landed eight of them :black101:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NPF just picked tOSU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ehud posted:

NPF just picked tOSU

And Michigan lost their top recruit to Georgia, what a great day.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LOL at Kirby flipping Harbaugh's lone top 100 recruit

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Read on twitter that Harbaugh's best recruit is 11th in the UGA class. WTF I thought all the dumb poo poo Harbaugh does kids loved?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT gets their gem with 4* ILB Dax Hollifield.

Foster worked this kid for over a year, easily the hardest he's ever worked a kid.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

VT gets their gem with 4* ILB Dax Hollifield.

Foster worked this kid for over a year, easily the hardest he's ever worked a kid.

Penn State is jealous of that stamina

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Miami fans calling for the heads of half the staff, cause a top 5 class wasn't good enough.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

UF is about to whiff on Noah Boykin. Crap...

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Dilber posted:

Miami fans calling for the heads of half the staff, cause a top 5 class wasn't good enough.

This is the best Miami class in a bit, right?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
5* LB Quay Walker to UGA. He's one guy I really wanted and thought we had a good shot at him.

UGA has a pretty good payroll

e: I was lied to and he hasn't officially committed yet

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 7, 2018

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

5* LB Quay Walker to UGA. He's one guy I really wanted and thought we had a good shot at him.

UGA has a pretty good payroll
He hasn't announced yet though?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He hasn't announced yet though?

Yeah sorry, I'm in meetings and a buddy texted me. Fucker.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah sorry, I'm in meetings and a buddy texted me. Fucker.

hahaha. All signs point to UGA though, so he's probably not wrong.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

vikingstrike posted:

This is the best Miami class in a bit, right?

by far yeah. It's way more offensively focused than defensively, and there are some concerns with defensive roster management. We needed more DL than we got, and we really needed more CBs. We also missed on our top targets at CB/S in Jobe and Campbell.

Our CB coach has coached Campbell since optimist, and Campbell had considered him a second dad so he was considered a layup.

Welp

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
4* LB/DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste to Ohio State.

Lol, this class is preposterous. Whiff on Parsons and Oweh, end up with Smith, Friday, Jean-Baptiste and a development guy regardless. Whiff on a bunch of tackles and sign the #1 guy at the last second.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Quay Walker indeed flips to UGA.

UGA will probably take a step back in 2018 (even though it'll be covered by a weaker schedule), but hoo boy this team's going to murder people in '19.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh that little poo poo

e: puts on a UT hat, his family's jaws all drop, then flings it across the room, stands up to show he's wearing UGA stuff

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

TheGreyGhost posted:

Lol, this class is preposterous. Whiff on Parsons and Oweh, end up with Smith, Friday, Jean-Baptiste and a development guy regardless. Whiff on a bunch of tackles and sign the #1 guy at the last second.

Umm sorry but an instate guy didn't pick us, so I think you will find that this class is a letdown and Urbz has lost it. (Buckeye fan reactions around the early signing day were ridiculous)

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol he throws the UT hat away. drat dude.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Payback for last year

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Eltoasto posted:

Umm sorry but an instate guy didn't pick us, so I think you will find that this class is a letdown and Urbz has lost it. (Buckeye fan reactions around the early signing day were ridiculous)

Yeah, the freakout over Carman was weird, because it's far from unprecedented for a guy that caliber to want to leave the state. The more sane fans I know were just worried about OT and DE depth rather than the "OHIO KID" thing. Especially when you consider Urban's traditionally had the team around like 30% Ohio kids over the old Tressel 50%+ way. Much less, the sheer number of walk-ons this year that had other D1 offers is hilarious too. We have a walk-on receiver that outranks like 2-3 of Michigan's WR signees.

#2 in light of the class Georgia put together is really really loving good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Noah Boykin to ND

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TheDamnBrad/status/961263289660518401

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Glad Fuente got Dax.

Kind of irritated he wasn't able to convince players like Grant/JJB/Chatman to come play and likely start at VT vs being depth chart fodder at their choices. Especially losing to Taggart 5 minutes after he walked in the door ain't great.

2019 gonna be a big litmus test for Fuente and his staff as to whether we can really get the volume of blue chip recruits we need to get where we want to go. That said this class was still a step in the right direction, and they did manage to win some important recruiting battles so credit to the staff for filling some roster holes and improving our volume of 4* caliber talent coming into the program. There are lot of kids to be excited about in this class, fingers crossed they start pulling some big talent early this next cycle.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies won out on a 4-star qb over FSU, and got a somewhat unexpected flip of a 4-star O lineman from Bama. Despite the early hand-wringing, looks like it's shaping up to be a top 15-20ish class in addition to a strong start on 2019 class.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 7, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Is that the LB who everyone thought was gonna sign with FSU? Iowa was recruiting him too. Everyone wrote it off the second he took the FSU visit, and then suddenly he signed with Indiana out of nowhere.

Iowa isn't recruiting at anything remotely close to the level of most of y'all's teams but they did just sign their highest rated class since 2011. Its really strong in the defensive backfield (produce a Thorpe finalist two out of three years and I guess kids notice) and they did a really good job around the Indianapolis area this year. Recruiting seems to be steadily ticking up after a few down years, I think adding a lot of really young guys to the staff is helping a lot

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

He is the very same

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Looks like all of Texas' commits actually got their letters in with no last minute flips or anything, plus we landed 4* DE Joseph Assai. I'm not sure if we have any targets left on the board. Even if we're done, this is a very impressive haul for Herman's first real class, I guess next year we'll see if he can keep it up with Jimbo and Tim Brewster down the road at A&M. Results on the field would probably go a long way.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

UGA has 8 5*s lol

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

pillsburysoldier posted:

UGA has 8 5*s lol

The bag man cometh

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Class like that, someone's gonna snitch

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Looks like all of Texas' commits actually got their letters in with no last minute flips or anything, plus we landed 4* DE Joseph Assai. I'm not sure if we have any targets left on the board. Even if we're done, this is a very impressive haul for Herman's first real class, I guess next year we'll see if he can keep it up with Jimbo and Tim Brewster down the road at A&M. Results on the field would probably go a long way.

Only target left on the board AFAIK is Vernon Jackson

And, yeah, can't wait to see how this team looks on the field next year.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/gkketch/status/961292304312041474

Kirby righting checks

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA might have like 6 guys interested but has 4 spots at most, so I dunno who we are going to get but I think this class is already cool and good.

Has to be one of the better classes of all time, by the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Jesus

• Locked thread