Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Gorefluff posted:

Can someone explain the FBI “bombshell” texts that are out there now? I’m having a hard time following A) the content, because of all the shorthand and first names and B) why anyone cares about them.
Those texts, boy, I gotta tell ya, we've never seen anything like it. We really caught them in the act, didn't we? They never thought they would get found out but they did and boy are they embarrassed! But what's in the texts? Oh--don't worry, they're old news. The REAL story now is... what's in this box? I think you'll really be surprised, believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Why would you ever watch Fern Gully on shrooms? I know it sounds appropriate but yeeesh I can i magine that trip. If you didn't appreciate Tim Curry's performance before...

he was probably just chilling in the woods irl

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Tumble posted:

he was probably just chilling in the woods irl

which is really the only way to do shrooms

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

FlimFlam Imam posted:

If he gets the military parade he wants, what are the odds of him wearing a uniform with fake ribbons and meddles?

Will he curtsie for them?

twoday posted:

When Trump was speaking about the latest jobs! numbers:

https://twitter.com/ZackFord/status/960606635604529153

lol forever

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

oh yeah hey good the nra is back

https://twitter.com/NRATV/status/961314575084797952

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Fight their violence of lies, with the (fully automatic) fire of truth.

- NRA

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Fight the violence of attending a concert with the fire of several modified long guns.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/961434674257104896

quote:

A National Park Service (NPS) senior official requested the Department of Interior (DOI) make $32,000 worth of design and construction upgrades to an agency-owned housing unit in an attempt to profit from renting out the space as if it were his personal residence, according to an internal report.

A DOI Office of Inspector General (OIG) summary report released Wednesday found that the unnamed NPS official, who served as liaison for two park partners, had "created the appearance of using his public office for private gain" when he requested "unnecessary" upgrades to a park housing unit.

JFC

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
that's not a gun tho

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

TulliusCicero posted:

He's also the guy that sued John Oliver and a West Virginia newspaper for "slander," because they called him out as the greedy, evil piece of poo poo that he is. He denies climate change, and is believed to be the guy that has Trump's ear on all things climate and coal.

The fact that he could complain and the GOP just did it proves how utterly in bed this administration is with their corporate masters.

lol if you think the Dems aren't as equally as bought in this day and age.

But then again, Dems became Republicans back in the 90's when they saw how much loving money they could make.

Then become lobbyists after they were done, and make even more loving money.

But choosing between generic GOP Monster that has a lovely policy and even shittier record, and a Dem candidate up that's billing themselves as GOP-Lite, the average voter's still going to vote full-GOP every time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
jfc nra. they aren't even trying to cloak it anymore. used to be about protecting your freedom, now it's kill your enemies with guns! DO IT!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Killer_B posted:

But then again, Dems became Republicans back in the 90's when they saw how much loving money they could make.

Then become lobbyists after they were done, and make even more loving money.

But choosing between generic GOP Monster that has a lovely policy and even shittier record, and a Dem candidate up that's billing themselves as GOP-Lite, the average voter's still going to vote full-GOP every time.

Actually, it was because they only won the presidency once between 1968 and 1992, so Bill took a different approach. It worked at the presidential level and killed the party at all other levels. Well that and it was no longer acceptable to be a racist progressive, which is what most of the remaining progressive at that time were.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

LifeSunDeath posted:

jfc nra. they aren't even trying to cloak it anymore. used to be about protecting your freedom, now it's kill your enemies with guns! DO IT!

Wonder how long it will take before The NRA changes their message by replacing "your enemies" with "brown people".

When the optics of how religion and guns begin to blur in the manner Mrs. Loesch (the lady in the video) displays, it's only going to be a matter of time before potential zealots (that love their guns, and you're not sure if that's before or after The Bible) start openly calling for a holy war of their own.

Killer_B fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 8, 2018

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Kumo posted:

oh yeah hey good the nra is back

ffs

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 8, 2018

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AndrewRestuccia/status/961448125570408448
the Trump administration seems pretty incestuous

:thunk:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Killer_B posted:

Obama raised taxes on the 1% and Trump just massively cut taxes on the 1% so go gently caress yourself with this "both sides are the same" bullshit.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

Catastrophe posted:

Republicans control absolutely everything at the moment and these people still feel the need to put out these propaganda videos about the liberals needing to be exterminated violently because they won't excitedly suck the GOP's balls. The last time I checked, people going out to murder others simply because they don't hold the same political beliefs as them are open to their intended victims acting in self defense.

The more annoying things I have seen from those labeling themselves as traditional conservatives, is that "Libruls are making me scared to voice mah opinion, becuz The Jews run MSM" or similarly ignorant tripe.

Make no mistake though, I agree rhetoric like this is dangerous.

Though for NRA zealots, perhaps they WANT something to horrifically backfire one day.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

veiled boner fuel posted:

Obama raised taxes on the 1% and Trump just massively cut taxes on the 1% so go gently caress yourself with this "both sides are the same" bullshit.

Uncertain if this is sarcasm or not.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

:( My country is dying and it makes me legitimately sad. I hope that the next generation learns to beat their spears into plowshears.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Killer_B posted:

Uncertain if this is sarcasm or not.

Uncertain if you're learning disabled or not. Which part do you disagree with?

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So what's she complaining about? As far as I'm aware gun control isn't even in the news.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

lizardman posted:

So what's she complaining about? As far as I'm aware gun control isn't even in the news.

This is pretty much the best they can do since it no longer makes sense to put out "Obama's comin for your guns" videos every month.

There's a reason that the NRA is reviled even amongst a significant amount of TFR gun nuts.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

1redflag posted:

:( My country is dying and it makes me legitimately sad. I hope that the next generation learns to beat their spears into plowshears.

same except the exact opposite. let it die.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Catastrophe posted:

I hope someone sets fire to dana loesch.

Republicans control absolutely everything at the moment and these people still feel the need to put out these propaganda videos about the liberals needing to be exterminated violently because they won't excitedly suck the GOP's balls. The last time I checked, people going out to murder others simply because they don't hold the same political beliefs as them are open to their intended victims acting in self defense.

People without an R next to their name also own guns, NRA. Keep it up.

e: I've mentioned it before but I've had a bunch of MAGA chuds send me death threats or threats of violence after I've said anything at all that challenges their worldview or seems to depict their Glorious Leader as anything but a perfect godsend. I always challenge them to make good on that threat and 0% have. They're all just big talking, ineffectual retards like their god emperor. Dana Loesch and the NRA are the same. I'm the opposite of a tough guy. There's nothing tough about recognizing that terrified cowards are neutered retards. They're scared, weak old whites who have no power other than talking in a grandiose fashion like Steve Bannon in a cringe-inducing way. The worst people like Dana can do is set fire to a newspaper. ooooooooooohh scary.

good news is the seem content shooting their own, country concerts and churches and whatnot. keep it up retards.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Family values.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

there's a loose chud in the thread!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

1redflag posted:

what i'm getting from this is we should destroy the free press (???)

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

Uncertain if you're learning disabled or not. Which part do you disagree with?

You dispute that there's plenty of corporate money being floated to both parties? Plenty of evidence, if one cares to look.

That alone doesn't strike me with an excessive degree of confidence that mainstream candidates aren't easily bought. Thing is, the GOP is just more up front about it....You know, the variety of bullshit that's expected of them.

Particularly when many Dems that were thought to be standing up for the people, (LOL) went and voted nearly unanimously with the GOP to push for a military budget that I'm not so sure every citizen felt was necessary. Bought and told to pass it by the corps and the military industrial complex? Tough to prove 100%. But I say the intent is certainly plausible here.

Or by pre-emptively caving to give Furious Leader his godamned wall. Same principle.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Killer_B posted:

You dispute that there's plenty of corporate money being floated to both parties? Plenty of evidence, if one cares to look.

That alone doesn't strike me with an excessive degree of confidence that mainstream candidates aren't easily bought. Thing is, the GOP is just more up front about it....You know, the variety of bullshit that's expected of them.

Particularly when many Dems that were thought to be standing up for the people, (LOL) went and voted nearly unanimously with the GOP to push for a military budget that I'm not so sure every citizen felt was necessary. Bought and told to pass it by the corps and the military industrial complex? Tough to prove 100%. But I say the intent is certainly plausible here.

Or by pre-emptively caving to give Furious Leader his godamned wall. Same principle.

lick my drat balls

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Killer_B posted:

Okay, what are the complete tallies of corporate political funbucks to each party and the direct correlation with how they legislate?

Or with regard to at least one issue we can look at the actual outcome and see, something, right? What is it that we see? Is it the same? I hate to repeat myself, but: go gently caress yourself. They're not the same and any attempt to equivocate them is just some shitbag like yourself making excuses for being a shitbag.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
One-party tries to actively pull money away from the poor to help the rich by cutting medical programs food assistance programs and basically anything that can help the lower class function in a society meanwhile actively spreading fascism authoritarianism and Bible and gun nuttery and another party doesn't actively do that

But they're both the loving same to you

Not to mention poo poo like the CDC FDA and EPA which are necessary parts of safety and an obligation for a government that they are actively trying to shut down

But again they're both equally evil parties

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

What if we just loaded up a zoo's worth of wild animals, released them into voting chambers when full, locked the doors and let nature take its course?

Sell that poo poo on pay-per-view.

:capitalism:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

One-party tries to actively pull money away from the poor to help the rich by cutting medical programs food assistance programs and basically anything that can help the lower class function in a society meanwhile actively spreading fascism authoritarianism and Bible and gun nuttery and another party doesn't actively do that

But they're both the loving same to you

Not to mention poo poo like the CDC FDA and EPA which are necessary parts of safety and an obligation for a government that they are actively trying to shut down

But again they're both equally evil parties

It's virtue signaling, democrats are just as bad as republicans but democrats vote for things like estate taxes and expanding medicaid because they want you to like them

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Flavahbeast posted:

It's virtue signaling, democrats are just as bad as republicans but democrats vote for things like estate taxes and expanding medicaid because they want you to like them

Long as they're voting for that stuff don't really care why

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

You think democrats want to acknowledge and fight global warming out of the goodness of their hearts? theyre actually just trying to look cool in front of their liberal friends

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Voting for healthcare to own the Repubs is still pretty good.

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?

Okay, what are the complete tallies of corporate political funbucks to each party and the direct correlation with how they legislate?

Or with regard to at least one issue we can look at the actual outcome and see, something, right? What is it that we see? Is it the same? I hate to repeat myself, but: go gently caress yourself. They're not the same and any attempt to equivocate them is just some shitbag like yourself making excuses for being a shitbag.

*shrug*

so be it!

nice meltdown

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I have some subordinates at work that do a good job but it's just because they want to get promoted I'm going to fire them for virtue signaling.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doing the less wrong thing..to trigger the repubs eeeww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

The bigliest parade for the bigly boy