Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i mean yeah if trump starts a nuclear war... ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it is generous to assume 40% of people are not useless wastrels.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

ah yeah china is going to destroy a 500 billion a year export surplus for ????

repossessing california duh

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
DAX in Australia is also down. Although Nikkei is doing fine.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mandoric posted:

it's why i don't agree with the orthodox assumption that inflation is bad since lenders are often small retirement savers and borrowers are often financiers.

there was some fairly serious discussion among macro types that the federal reserve should've been targeting 4% inflation rather than 2%, particularly in light of the anemic recovery in 2010-11

a shame it didn't go anywhere because it made a lot of sense to me

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pick posted:

you're really going all-in here aren't you pick

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

please remember to take your pills pick

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pick posted:

i think thats enough of the pick in cspam experiment

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 9, 2018

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

👏“Yes,👏this👏is👏an👏age👏of👏moral👏crisis.👏Yes,👏you👏are👏bearing👏punishment👏for👏your👏evil.👏But👏it👏is👏not👏man👏who👏is👏now👏on👏trial👏and👏it👏is👏not👏human👏nature👏that👏will👏take👏the👏blame.👏It👏is👏your👏moral👏code👏that’s👏through,👏this👏time.👏Your👏moral👏code👏has👏reached👏its👏climax,👏the👏blind👏alley👏at👏the👏end👏of👏its👏course.👏And👏if👏you👏wish👏to👏go👏on👏living,👏what👏you👏now👏need👏is👏not👏to👏return👏to👏morality—you👏who👏have👏never👏known👏any—but👏to👏discover👏it.👏

👏“You👏have👏heard👏no👏concepts👏of👏morality👏but👏the👏mystical👏or👏the👏social.👏You👏have👏been👏taught👏that👏morality👏is👏a👏code👏of👏behavior👏imposed👏on👏you👏by👏whim,👏the👏whim👏of👏a👏supernatural👏power👏or👏the👏whim👏of👏society,👏to👏serve👏God’s👏purpose👏or👏your👏neighbor’s👏welfare,👏to👏please👏an👏authority👏beyond👏the👏grave👏or👏else👏next👏door—but👏not👏to👏serve👏your👏life👏or👏pleasure.👏Your👏pleasure,👏you👏have👏been👏taught,👏is👏to👏be👏found👏in👏immorality,👏your👏interests👏would👏best👏be👏served👏by👏evil,👏and👏any👏moral👏code👏must👏be👏designed👏not👏for👏you,👏but👏against👏you,👏not👏to👏further👏your👏life,👏but👏to👏drain👏it.👏

👏“For👏centuries,👏the👏battle👏of👏morality👏was👏fought👏between👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏God👏and👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏it👏belongs👏to👏your👏neighbors—between👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏ghosts👏in👏heaven👏and👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏incompetents👏on👏earth.👏And👏no👏one👏came👏to👏say👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏you👏and👏that👏the👏good👏is👏to👏live👏it.👏

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Pick posted:

I just want to thank you for reminding me to keep reading Capital. I'd gotten a bit tuckered out by the time I finished Ch. 3, so it's good to have a motivator like you. :unsmith:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Socks4Hands posted:

👏“Yes,👏this👏is👏an👏age👏of👏moral👏crisis.👏Yes,👏you👏are👏bearing👏punishment👏for👏your👏evil.👏But👏it👏is👏not👏man👏who👏is👏now👏on👏trial👏and👏it👏is👏not👏human👏nature👏that👏will👏take👏the👏blame.👏It👏is👏your👏moral👏code👏that’s👏through,👏this👏time.👏Your👏moral👏code👏has👏reached👏its👏climax,👏the👏blind👏alley👏at👏the👏end👏of👏its👏course.👏And👏if👏you👏wish👏to👏go👏on👏living,👏what👏you👏now👏need👏is👏not👏to👏return👏to👏morality—you👏who👏have👏never👏known👏any—but👏to👏discover👏it.👏

👏“You👏have👏heard👏no👏concepts👏of👏morality👏but👏the👏mystical👏or👏the👏social.👏You👏have👏been👏taught👏that👏morality👏is👏a👏code👏of👏behavior👏imposed👏on👏you👏by👏whim,👏the👏whim👏of👏a👏supernatural👏power👏or👏the👏whim👏of👏society,👏to👏serve👏God’s👏purpose👏or👏your👏neighbor’s👏welfare,👏to👏please👏an👏authority👏beyond👏the👏grave👏or👏else👏next👏door—but👏not👏to👏serve👏your👏life👏or👏pleasure.👏Your👏pleasure,👏you👏have👏been👏taught,👏is👏to👏be👏found👏in👏immorality,👏your👏interests👏would👏best👏be👏served👏by👏evil,👏and👏any👏moral👏code👏must👏be👏designed👏not👏for👏you,👏but👏against👏you,👏not👏to👏further👏your👏life,👏but👏to👏drain👏it.👏

👏“For👏centuries,👏the👏battle👏of👏morality👏was👏fought👏between👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏God👏and👏those👏who👏claimed👏that👏it👏belongs👏to👏your👏neighbors—between👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏ghosts👏in👏heaven👏and👏those👏who👏preached👏that👏the👏good👏is👏self-sacrifice👏for👏the👏sake👏of👏incompetents👏on👏earth.👏And👏no👏one👏came👏to👏say👏that👏your👏life👏belongs👏to👏you👏and👏that👏the👏good👏is👏to👏live👏it.👏

so many tacos

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

i was going with an initially limited yet exponentially growing approach

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pick posted:

turn on ur monitor

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think thats enough of the pick in cspam experiment

results: bad posts

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

SKULL.GIF posted:

there's a billboard a mile or so from my house that is basically "You still bank? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" then has the name of the credit union at bottom right

I'll get a picture of it tomorrow

capital?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol that obama just slapped a lovely but expensive band-aid over this problem and considered it solved forever

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/961728711908253697

loll

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:flashfap:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Pick posted:

I liked your bee movie megapost years ago pick, im a little sad you suffer from rich white lady syndrome

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

it's going to be 2008 again but worse

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

looooooooooooool

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MAGA Warlord posted:

it's going to be 2008 again but worse

and with complete morons in the white house :unsmigghh:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Pick posted:

well this sure isn't code for anything

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gonna enjoy trust fund baby's transformation into white supremacist

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

economic depression into disastrous nuclear war is just so trump

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think an economic depression is more likely to make us go to war because approval ratings

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
approval ratings only ever improve for a war when it's seen as provoked and just

vietnam's a good example - didn't help lbj at all for approval

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

And nothing was learned.....

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

DAX in Australia is also down. Although Nikkei is doing fine.

huh?

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

small potatoes
strong fundamentals

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

approval ratings only ever improve for a war when it's seen as provoked and just

vietnam's a good example - didn't help lbj at all for approval
Right so they'll just poke and prod the DPRK and conduct a bunch of posturing drills with the navy nearby until some minor incident happens that can be spun into justification ala Gulf of Tonkin or the USS Maine

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Pick posted:

Ppl in This thread justifying why they have no money, capitalism and systematic abuses not required

You've been piled on enough but to address any lurkers agreeing with you:

Assigning responsibility to past choices is trivial and tautological. Existence is proof that you chose, at every opportunity, to not kill yourself. The question is not "Are people responsible for their circumstances" but "Can I inflict suffering or violently confiscate resources from someone, but escape backlash by convincing everyone else I'm not a dangerous rear end in a top hat but am in fact doing a just thing"

And the answer to that question is: if you're thinking real hard about that question you need to step back and should be kept far, far away from any position of prominence or consequence

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's cool, this is normal. Nothing to see here. Just a smart and stable system working as intended.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Classism.

Pick posted:

It's real

(people forget)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
time to make the economy great again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yeah, capital credit union

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
so what are safe jobs to have during a depression? I’m guessing there is always a market for police/firemen/the military (although a few will probably lose their jobs). Some people will have babies and vaginas so I’m guessing OB/Gyns are safe too... anything else?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

so what are safe jobs to have during a depression? I’m guessing there is always a market for police/firemen/the military (although a few will probably lose their jobs). People will always keep on having babies and getting sick so I’m guessing OB/Gyns are safe too... anything else?

Drug Dealer

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Grand theft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

pretty much health care, boomers are old and rich so they'll pay plenty to be kept alive