Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Jolo posted:

I sold my earthbound cartridge for $165 a few years back. I can remember considering buying the earthbound box for $100 or so in order to sell the game, guide, and box for a ton but then I realized I wanted to keep the guide and didn't want to hassle with buying a box for a ridiculous price.

One of my prized possessions is a copy of Fire 'n Ice on the NES- a title I grew up playing with my grandpa who just happened to pick it up one day. Most likely because the box promised "highly addictive" logic puzzles within. The most agitating thing however is that somehow my younger sibling got ahold of the original manual and now refuses to give it to me, despite never really playing the game or sharing the same sentimentality. The manual and the game alone would be worth at least $200.

Of course ideally I would only sell it when I was cold in the ground anyway. :downs:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

Oh hey, so sorry for my consecutive posts and if it's bugging people I can stop, but I just wanted to let any interested parties know that I'm going to do another stream tonight-

Tonight's game is Ristar for the Sega Genesis, another one of my all time favorites.
The challenges:

Defeat the space tyrant Greedy and beat the game []
Find all of the bonus levels []

So at about 7pm Est I'll be here. https://www.twitch.tv/starmansuperdeluxe
Playing video games.

oh yeah and I will also be disabling comments. If you would like to talk about the stream during the stream (or just talk to me I guess?) I will be hosting this Discord
https://discord.gg/bEHpp9

Tell me more!

Scaly Haylie

spectres of autism posted:

you guys psyched for EVO? i dont even know what it is but im pretty Hype

That's my favorite RPG

Starman Super DX

Lizard Wizard posted:

That's my favorite RPG

yeah this guy got me really excited for a new Search for Eden but it's something where people play games competitively I guess idk

Tell me more!

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Vjdei ganez

Starman Super DX

Ristar time

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

Jazzpunk is the most byob game ever made. And to the haters I have only this to say to you: approach me :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbuXCVgiVSc

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Jazzpunk is the most byob game ever made. And to the haters I have only this to say to you: approach me :colbert:

I feel really guilty for never finishing it. I think my experience peaked when I found the Extra Strength Placebo.

Koishi Komeiji

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I feel really guilty for never finishing it. I think my experience peaked when I found the Extra Strength Placebo.

You missed out then. Jazz punk is very consistent in it's creativity and weirdness. It's short but it doesn't run out of ideas or slow down like most games of it's ilk.

TOOT BOOT

Slay The Spire is really cool especially if you've played the board Game Dominion

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Jazzpunk is great.

There are currently two digital versions of magic the gathering, and they're coming out with a third one that looks a lot like hearthstone.

Digital magic has always been hard to get right, but if they succeed here then I may play it a lot.

Currently playing slime rancher.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

TOOT BOOT posted:

Slay The Spire is really cool especially if you've played the board Game Dominion

Yes. I love deckbuilding and slay the spire scratches the itch in a way hearthstone dungeon runs never could. What's your favorite build to try to run? I really dig shiv builds, but my highest score came from a dex boost/caltrops run

I'm excited for the third character

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

blaise rascal posted:

Jazzpunk is great.

There are currently two digital versions of magic the gathering, and they're coming out with a third one that looks a lot like hearthstone.

Digital magic has always been hard to get right, but if they succeed here then I may play it a lot.

I didn't know magic the gathering was still a thing

Papa Was A Video Toaster

blaise rascal posted:

Jazzpunk is great.

What's the second current extant digital Magic? Duels is done.
I played one game in the Arena beta and that's all I have to say about that because NDA.
I really like Eternal, it's a digital only version of a Magic type game.

blaise rascal

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What's the second current extant digital Magic? Duels is done.
I played one game in the Arena beta and that's all I have to say about that because NDA.
I really like Eternal, it's a digital only version of a Magic type game.
I was referring to Magic the Gathering Online and Duels of the Planeswalkers. You say that Duels is done; I guess that means WotC is cutting support for it in favor of MtG Arena.

Also, Calculords is an awesome single-player mobile card game. It's crazy original and very fun.

fridge corn

i wish there was a single player mtg game where you start with a 3rd edition starter deck and some booster packs and you can pick up more packs by winning matches or buying them with in game currency and also as you progress through the campaign the expansions start to get released and there could be different gimmick matches where certain colours or mechanics are locked out so you have to keep chopping and changing your decks around according to the situation

that would be a cool game i would play

vanisher

fridge corn posted:

i wish there was a single player mtg game where you start with a 3rd edition starter deck and some booster packs and you can pick up more packs by winning matches or buying them with in game currency and also as you progress through the campaign the expansions start to get released and there could be different gimmick matches where certain colours or mechanics are locked out so you have to keep chopping and changing your decks around according to the situation

Heck I'd play this.

Playing Yakuza 5 since its on PSN, its a good game

TOOT BOOT

I Was The Fury posted:

Yes. I love deckbuilding and slay the spire scratches the itch in a way hearthstone dungeon runs never could. What's your favorite build to try to run? I really dig shiv builds, but my highest score came from a dex boost/caltrops run

I'm excited for the third character

I don't know, I just started playing the other day and I've only had one semi-successful run so far where I made it to the last boss. I haven't even played the Silent yet. It's super addictive though, I've put in like 12-13 hours in 2 days.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

TOOT BOOT posted:

I don't know, I just started playing the other day and I've only had one semi-successful run so far where I made it to the last boss. I haven't even played the Silent yet. It's super addictive though, I've put in like 12-13 hours in 2 days.

Thats been my experience too, in terms of getting addicted and putting more hours into it in three weeks than I've put into all other games so far this year combined. The silent is more fun but the Iron Chad is just so much stronger and consistent, in my opinion.

blaise rascal

Can I interest either of you in Shandalar, the 1997 MtG PC RPG developed by Sid Meier and Microprose?

Never played it myself but I've heard good things.

e: how to install it: https://youtu.be/s2ElS9C7qik

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 9, 2018

fridge corn

blaise rascal posted:

Can I interest either of you in Shandalar, the 1997 MtG PC RPG developed by Sid Meier and Microprose?

oh poo poo I actually remember playing that

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
card games are for dweebs

fridge corn

fridge corn posted:

oh poo poo I actually remember playing that

it was insanely janky from what i remember

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

blaise rascal posted:

oh my god, I had this!

and I was really bad at it!

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Jazzpunk is a masterpiece. Wedding Quake alone would have taken it over the top but no it doesn't end there. Amazing game

fridge corn

mysterious frankie posted:

oh my god, I had this!

and I was really bad at it!

I had to run it on a Windows emulator on my mac at the time and it ran really poorly which is probably why I didn't play it very much :(

Starman Super DX

Earthworm Jim 2 is bizarre/great game.

Tell me more!

limaCAT

il pistone e male

fridge corn posted:

I loved crashing the Sid Meyer's game with my wheel of fortune timewalk fork mox deck.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

TOOT BOOT

I finally got a win with Ironclad in Slay The Spire, after about 25 hours of playing. I am really not good at card games, and especially not games where you have to try to draft synergies without knowing what's coming up. I did it with the simplest possible deck, just drafting as many strikes/Perfected Strikes as possible and trashing the basic ones as I went along.

Starman Super DX

really enjoying Pit People so far if anyone was curious about it. lots of different customizable units, quests, tons of items, stamper is also even funnier than he was in BBT, imo.

ask me again in two weeks though- hopefully I’ve only gotten bored because my attention span ran out and not because there’s nothing else left to do.

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

If ya'll are looking for a good rpg to keep you busy during the slow months of January - March here is something that probably flew under your radar: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. This franchise never really caught on in the states for some reason but it should have. It's an action rpg that moves at a fast pace and is pretty challenging but not nearly as hard as a souls game. The graphics and music have a very 1990s feel to them and the game overall is a lot of fun.

Starman Super DX

Koishi Komeiji posted:

If ya'll are looking for a good rpg to keep you busy during the slow months of January - March here is something that probably flew under your radar: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. This franchise never really caught on in the states for some reason but it should have. It's an action rpg that moves at a fast pace and is pretty challenging but not nearly as hard as a souls game. The graphics and music have a very 1990s feel to them and the game overall is a lot of fun.

it looks like Tales but if the Tales series was still good
:thunk:
platform?

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

Starman Super DX posted:

it looks like Tales but if the Tales series was still good
:thunk:
platform?

It does kinda look like a tales game but it's not turn based. It came out for ps4 and vita already but it's also going to come out for the Switch and Steam sometime soon.

Starman Super DX

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It does kinda look like a tales game but it's not turn based. It came out for ps4 and vita already but it's also going to come out for the Switch and Steam sometime soon.

Tales isn’t actually turn-based either and is I think technically an action RPG so honestly more like that is perfectly fine with me.

I certainly don’t mind turn based RPGs but Symphonia might be my personal favorite JRPG partly because the battle system is a lot more exciting to me.

Tell me more!

NyetscapeNavigator

https://twitter.com/hatenaman1999/status/962045323865595904

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
there's no ethical moon collecting under cap-alism

Papa Was A Video Toaster

canyoneer posted:

there's no ethical moon collecting under cap-alism

Lacedaemonius

Rub a dub dub

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Is that the one that was made by the devs of 30 Flights Of Loving? b/c I remember that game was boring and pretentious as hell.

Scaly Haylie

i regret to inform you that kingdom hearts is now a furry

actually i don't, it's pretty well-designed and i can't wait to play kingdom hearts 3

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Anybody else play Typing for Fucks?