Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

That window in hut was the best :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah it seems like they just reverted back all the changes they made to give Ts a better chance?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

[bittervet voice] nuke is a strategically stale map, especially since 1.6 wallbangs are gone and I miss buying ammo every round and firing into metal for 45 seconds man those were the days

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I can't tell if hut is more T-favoured since the update or CT. Being able to jump out as T was nice but it left you vulnerable from a large angle.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

mcvey posted:

I can't tell if hut is more T-favoured since the update or CT. Being able to jump out as T was nice but it left you vulnerable from a large angle.

I would consistently get owned through that dumbass window angle. this at least gives you fewer dumb spots to look at

those new vents might make smokes easier too, idk

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I've just noticed the thread title says cg:go, which is about as observant as I am in csgo as well.
They modified canals as well, is it a decent map now?

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 9, 2018

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Two games of Nuke tonight, one pretty CT sided and the other T.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

mcvey posted:

Two games of Nuke tonight, one pretty CT sided and the other T.

Removing the catwalk outside and the ability to cross the crane in the middle of A-site makes more of a difference than it would seem. Plus the hut window, rip.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

SealHammer posted:

Removing the catwalk outside and the ability to cross the crane in the middle of A-site makes more of a difference than it would seem. Plus the hut window, rip.

Eh, not really. I firmly think it's because the spawns were moved up for the T's that flat out holding W works pretty well.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Remove hut door as well but make the whole thing see-through and even thinner.

Macnult posted:

I miss -- firing into metal for 45 seconds man those were the days

This but 50% unironically

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is some good fun Counter-Strike being played.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
A good CS overtime is one of my favorite things to watch in any game. That kjaerbye 1v2 was so slick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Valde has been insane this tournament so far.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love when they just alternate round wins at the beginning like Liquid and C9 are doing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
God I love the downtime talk sessions during the Summit events so much, especially when they get players to participate. Also James' confusion at the coffee maker earlier was great.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I really, really like hearing fallen's and gtr's perspectives on strategy. I hope they get more players on

stump collector
May 28, 2007
steel is still pretty great at developing strong T sides. they're playing the map perfectly but they aren't quite there on the mechanical cohesion wrt trades but he's putting people in good spots to win rounds.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

stump collector posted:

steel is still pretty great at developing strong T sides. they're playing the map perfectly but they aren't quite there on the mechanical cohesion wrt trades but he's putting people in good spots to win rounds.

Them winning a series 2-0 without having to rely on Swag fragging out is a good sign.

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013
Summit is easily one of the best things that happened to CS competitive in a long time. It really brings a whole other dimension to the casting. and competition. But drat, seeing NIP lose like this is really sad. It's always so unsatisfying the way they lose, it seems like they're about to win and then at the last moment they just drop the ball.

Also, is the Steam group for Eurogoons too? In any case, please accept my request, rkd on Steam.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

What a whiff https://clips.twitch.tv/CrepuscularBloodyBarracudaPanicBasket

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

A worse player would have looked better in that position with a dick-level preaim that would've hit the guy once.

Counter-strike, a cruel mistress? :thunk:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
AVANGAR looking pretty real. Taking Major spot away from Mouz, Space Soldiers, GODSENT and presumably AGO fairly convincingly.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Kehveli posted:

A worse player would have looked better in that position with a dick-level preaim that would've hit the guy once.

Counter-strike, a cruel mistress? :thunk:

I can't get over that clip, it's so perfect how he flicks left just fast enough to skip his head between bullets

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Liquid vs SK consolidation final happening now. Would like to see that Liquid vs C9 match happen.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Wow that 4 smoke execute on B Cobble is cute

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cs_summit 3 announced for October. :woop:

Also, Liquid are looking on fire. 2-0 against SK and currently 2-1 against C9 with C9 coming in with a one-map advantage.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

hell of a colat 1 deag by stewie there

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
This Liquid vs Cloud game is a ton of fun to watch. Great to see two teams that are so evenly matched.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm happy that I switched back to the P2000.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
couldn't you have done the same with a USP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Why did the bomb carrier peek you, especially at the close of range? :psyduck:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Imperial Dragon P2K, good choice.

I need to start streaming my adventures in ESEA again, this month has been good.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Don't know if there is a better place to ask this. Looking for suggestions on a 144hz monitor to pick up.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

sterster posted:

Don't know if there is a better place to ask this. Looking for suggestions on a 144hz monitor to pick up.
Go for an Asus vg248qe or something similar. You might be able to find a used one or a refurbished at around 175 to 200 but they are 230 to 250 new. If you have more money the benq monitors are supposedly a little bit nicer. Don't buy anything at 165 or 180hz because 240hz models are starting to come out.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

sterster posted:

Friends don't let friends buy TN Panels

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Modern TN panels are perfectly fine, and the only way you're getting 240hz rn

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm gonna summarize surc, but everyone's use case scenario is different. Different budgets, different needs, different expectations.

I'm going to second the Asus vg248qe rec, but only if you can find a good deal on it. It's a bit old and I'm sure there's better quality ones out there made in the last two years.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

Friends don't let friends buy TN Panels

is that the current or old monitor thread title in sh/sc

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

stump collector posted:

is that the current or old monitor thread title in sh/sc

old but they'll still dispense that advice as if people really care or just have infinite money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they should call it viewing angle shooting

i can't count the times i've seen a $1000 monitor suggested in the pc building thread