Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Helios Grime posted:

Oh god i remember a short clip of some guy being stuck in (i think) paper mario. He would have just needed to get close to a gate that automatically opens to progress. I think he managed to avoid that by almost an hour and getting angry at the dumb game.

it should just be like "hey guys just type "you need a thing" if i need a thing to progress" done easy boom no spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

it should just be like "hey guys just type "you need a thing" if i need a thing to progress" done easy boom no spoilers.

That would just make chat start spamming fake answers, especially on the streams with thousands of people.

Sometimes they do ignore genuine answers though thinking it's just twitch chat trolling and it's really frustrating when you're like "no, really, do it"

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My understanding is that most youtube millionaires get there with an audience of kids who like to watch them scream about poo poo. It's not really a new strategy, go watch an episode of All That.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The Moon Monster posted:

My understanding is that most youtube millionaires get there with an audience of kids who like to watch them scream about poo poo. It's not really a new strategy, go watch an episode of All That.

That reminds me of this amusing SNL sketch where Miley Cyrus and Kenan Thompson make fun of the sorts of shows they started out making: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSd7Q7oThc

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
“Flyover states” and related terms

The vast majority of americans are not born in NYC/LA/etc and can’t afford to move there even if they want to.m

Plus we’re at the point where countless flyover cities like Dallas, New Orleans, Denver, San Antonio, Santa Fe, Austin, Nashville, Atlanta, Salt Lake, etc etc have plenty of amazing stuff to offer.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Feb 6, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Food and country music aren’t things of value.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I think we're going to have to throw down because that is basically what I'm all about.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think we're going to have to throw down because that is basically what I'm all about.

Yeah, the bifecta - food to keep you alive and country music to make you wish you were dead!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you associate places like Santa Fe or New Orleans with country music then you are the fictional ivory tower coastal elite that Fox News is terrified of

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I mostly associate santa fe as the place you go to if you work in los alamos and want a bar that is open past 10pm, but it's a pretty cool place beyond that. It's definitely not some hick town and most of the residents are probably more like what you'd find in portland than in alabama.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
The best zoo in the world is in flyover country.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you associate places like Santa Fe or New Orleans with country music then you are the fictional ivory tower coastal elite that Fox News is terrified of

I didn’t want to name more things. Any posts that’s more than 2 sentences is bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would like to move to a flyover state because of the lower cost of living. Museums and fancy restaurants are nice but I never go to them anymore anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

I didn’t want to name more things. Any posts that’s more than 2 sentences is bad.

Quoth the lady Aphrdite as she replied to a one-sentence post

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Seventh Arrow posted:

I've never turned off a video so quickly. Is his audience all 6-year-olds or something?

I know two adults who watch Markiplier and both of them reblog a lot of stuff like shirtless gifs of him or gifs of him winking on tumblr, so my hypothesis is that everyone over the age of 20 who watches his videos mostly does so because their strong desire to bone down with Markiplier overcomes his grating style of video-making.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

My pet peeve is people who poo poo all over where other people live. Not everything has to be all Hollywood and Broadway, dens of pedophilia and rape that they are. Some people like quiet places and DECENCY. Also food counts for a lot. What food does LA have? Ooooh, jack-in-the-box. Ooooh, some burrito place. Big whoop.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 09:14 on Feb 7, 2018

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My pet peeve is when I can't decide if a post is actually meant to be satirical or not.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blue Star posted:

My pet peeve is people who poo poo all over where other people live. Not everything has to be all Hollywood and Broadway, dens of pedophilia and rape that they are. Some people like quiet places and DECENCY. Also food counts for a lot. What food does LA have? Ooooh, jack-in-the-box. Ooooh, some burrito place. Big whoop.

Posts like this remind me how nice it is without that one former poster around anymore to bust in and "accctually" at us about how bad the south is.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mu Zeta posted:

I would like to move to a flyover state because of the lower cost of living. Museums and fancy restaurants are nice but I never go to them anymore anyway.

It depends. Ohio definitely falls into the flyover state category replete with all the related stereotypes. If you want fancy restaurants and museums, you'll need to be in the Cincinnati/Columbus/Cleveland Metro area, where the cost of living is generally higher (still lower than say, NYC). Outside of a big city, chain restaurants are it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Posts like this remind me how nice it is without that one former poster around anymore to bust in and "accctually" at us about how bad the south is.

free jastiger

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blue Star posted:

What food does LA have? Ooooh, jack-in-the-box. Ooooh, some burrito place. Big whoop.

Literally all the ones everywhere else has, probably.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

free jastiger

That sucks. Whatever happened to getting decent free gifts in cereal?

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“Flyover states” and related terms

The vast majority of americans are not born in NYC/LA/etc and can’t afford to move there even if they want to.m

Plus we’re at the point where countless flyover cities like Dallas, New Orleans, Denver, San Antonio, Santa Fe, Austin, Nashville, Atlanta, Salt Lake, etc etc have plenty of amazing stuff to offer.

How the hell can Atlanta be considered a "flyover" city when we have the busiest airport in the world?
We're at least a "fly into" city.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

southern food is the best america has to offer and food is extremely important

that said i still wanna leave pretty badly

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Seventh Arrow posted:

Ugh, the other day I wanted to look at a let's play of Resident Evil 7 and made the mistake of clicking on a Markiplier video. It was full of goofy manbaby stuff - like, there's a healing mechanic in the game where you splash yourself with some kind of regenerative liquid so of course this has to be followed by "Da sploosh goosh! Goin' all splooshy with da gooshy! Eaagghh!" I've never turned off a video so quickly. Is his audience all 6-year-olds or something?

Yes, it's all 6 year olds. My daughter used to love watching him at that age. Now, she's disinterested.
Markiplier is far far better than some of the other idiots out there. I don't mind swearing, I have a potty mouth myself. But some of these guys out there won't stop swearing and screaming.

Speaking of that, screaming for no reason needs to stop. I was raised on a farm and taught to never yell unless you were hurt. When I moved to the Twin Cities, I found that everyone is screaming all the time. Kids and adults.

Stop screaming. Don't scream when you're happy, don't scream when you're sad. Don't scream. Scream if you're caught in a piece of machinery.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

mostlygray posted:

Stop screaming. Don't scream when you're happy, don't scream when you're sad. Don't scream. Scream if you're caught in a piece of machinery.

Haha, I always love a hot summer night when you're grilling outside, and you hear a high-pitched women's scream or two. All you can kinda do is look at each other and nervously hope someone's having a *good* time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brawnfire posted:

Haha, I always love a hot summer night when you're grilling outside, and you hear a high-pitched women's scream or two. All you can kinda do is look at each other and nervously hope someone's having a *good* time.

True but if it’s not a good time you probably won’t have to listen to her scream again.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This idiot is still arguing with me about the murder of Philando Castile. It's getting past the point of pet peeve but like, what the gently caress could he have done differently? Lied to the cop? Had the decency to just not become a legal carrier while black?

And somehow this whole argument means I'm a statist traitor, and any small-government true libertarian thinks it's a-ok when government officials murder law-abiding citizens if they have a .0001% suspicion that they might have been theoretically dangerous,

gently caress cops and gently caress the american right.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

All you can kinda do is look at each other and nervously hope someone's having a *good* time.

If you're in a somewhat rural area it's probably a fox.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This idiot is still arguing with me about the murder of Philando Castile. It's getting past the point of pet peeve but like, what the gently caress could he have done differently? Lied to the cop? Had the decency to just not become a legal carrier while black?

And somehow this whole argument means I'm a statist traitor, and any small-government true libertarian thinks it's a-ok when government officials murder law-abiding citizens if they have a .0001% suspicion that they might have been theoretically dangerous,

I guess this is why people avoid flyover states. I like living in my bubble, thanks.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

rodbeard posted:

If you're in a somewhat rural area it's probably a fox.

Nah I'm in the city, just drunk girls on balconies and drunk "woo" guys.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I never thought the arguments for the "pro" side of execution by police held much water, as bit by bit the goalposts were moved. Philando Castile made me stop even listening to the arguments; a literal step-by-step checklist of proper procedure performed by a man surrounded by his family still resulted in summary execution. That, sandwiched between a child with a toy eating a bullet from a rolling cop car, and a prostrate caregiver getting an "I don't know" when asked why he got shot... well, you're right, gently caress cops and gently caress the winger fucks that defend them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The fact that youtube generated playlists have a specific order that never varies. It compiles all these suggestions but plays it in the same order every time. They could easily put things like pandora out of business if they just offered a random suggestion after each song for free instead of having the same list every time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

I guess this is why people avoid flyover states. I like living in my bubble, thanks.

NYPD: known bastion of justice

No joke, a post like that is why so many people react negatively to terms like “flyover state”

Jeez why can’t all these assholes have the luck to be born in a liberal area?? Why can’t they afford to move to one? I never got a gun pointed at me by cops! Heh, idiots

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Feb 8, 2018

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You're not a statist if you're anti-cop; that's like...anti-statist :psyduck: even on libertarian grounds, this is goofy

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Seventh Arrow posted:

You're not a statist if you're anti-cop; that's like...anti-statist :psyduck: even on libertarian grounds, this is goofy

Honestly my pet peeve is the word “libertarian” in modern discourse. I’d describe myself as extremely anti-government overreach and very in favour of individual rights. Liberties, you might say.

I consequently think that cops shouldn’t gun down civilians, that financial security and freedom from need are critical neccessities, that products should contain what they claim to and do what they claim to do and.... etc etc etc

gently caress libertarians

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

NYPD: known bastion of justice

No joke, a post like that is why so many people react negatively to terms like “flyover state”

Jeez why can’t all these assholes have the luck to be born in a liberal area?? Why can’t they afford to move to one? I never got a gun pointed at me by cops! Heh, idiots

You say that like the people in the middle states don't act like they're the only "real" Americans.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Now now my friends lets all agree that all people regardless of race, political views, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, place of birth or current location, personal feelings on various subjects, or food preferences are nothing more than worthless lovely pieces of human garbage

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

PHANTOM PISSERS.

who the gently caress pisses on the toilet paper roll. I'm going to kill you. Twice a week this has happened, why do I bother with cafe restrooms.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

value-brand cereal posted:

PHANTOM PISSERS.

who the gently caress pisses on the toilet paper roll. I'm going to kill you. Twice a week this has happened, why do I bother with cafe restrooms.

Public restrooms period. Every time I go into one to take a leak, I have go be careful not to step in somebody else's piss. What is it with these people? Are they so fat they can't see their dick? Why do they always piss on the floor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MightyJoe36 posted:

Public restrooms period. Every time I go into one to take a leak, I have go be careful not to step in somebody else's piss. What is it with these people? Are they so fat they can't see their dick? Why do they always piss on the floor?

People do some disgusting things to places when nobody is watching and they know someone else is going to clean it up. Bathrooms, hotel rooms, anywhere where the pisser doesn't live permanently and there's not any witnesses is going to get piss all over it just because they can.