Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Jedit posted:

Giochi just launched the campaign for Vital Lacerda's CO2: Second Chance. Can't link via my phone, but it should be accessible through their site.

Well that kills Gentes for me, I have wanted CO2 forever. Now I know how everyone feels when an American game gets backed. 15 euro shipping....

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Ropes4u posted:

Well that kills Gentes for me, I have wanted CO2 forever. Now I know how everyone feels when an American game gets backed. 15 euro shipping....

Edit: Nevermind, same pricing. Yeah, it stings.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

EVERY TURN YOU PLAY DL, HL, GL CARDS FOR YOUR DEPRESION, HORNY LEVEL, AND GENIOUS LEVEL, AND THEN YOUR TOTAL LEVELS ARE THE NUMBERS FROM THE CARDS ALL ADDED UP

THIS IS DL = 6, HL = 3, GL = 4

THEN YOU USE EFFECT CARDS TO STEAL FROM WORK OR BLOW OTHER PEOPLES STUFF AND LEVELS UP. AND YOU CAN DUPSTER DIVE TO GO IN THEDUMP (DISCARD PILE) AND GET STUFF THAT OTHER PEOPLE THREW OUT

YOUR LEVELS HAVE TO BE 6/6/6 TO WIN "COOL"

I love the z0ne so I'm less worried about how you play the game, and more worried that none of the cards shown on the kickstarter look very funny or interesting.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

My copy of The Shipwreck Arcana came in the mail today. It's no Gloomhaven, but I'm excited nonetheless.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

rydiafan posted:

My copy of The Shipwreck Arcana came in the mail today. It's no Gloomhaven, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Oh awesome, I’ll keep an eye out for mine!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

My fiancee let me back this kickstarter for polyhero's rogue dice set at this tier so that I can get one of each of the types of dice :D

I don't care about getting 5 extra crossbow bolts in a plain black color though so I'm just gonna swap those for a second 5-pack of the d6 short swords since there were two colors of short swords I wanted anyway.

I'll keep the third choice as the green poison vials since I don't really care about having extra bolts, I'm not a fan of the other colors the short swords come in, I think extra d6s are probably gonna be more useful than extra d8s, and the green poison vial design is just good all around.

I'm still not sure what color to choose for the main set though. I'm thinking of going with green because it looks cool, either that or the red. Purple and Blue are tied for third place for me, I don't give a poo poo about the rest of the colors.

Can't say I care for the other 4 colors. Most likely I'm just gonna end up picking green, it's just that the red looks nice too and I wish I could pick both but I'd rather not up the pledge enough to be able to choose both colors since it's already pretty expensive. If I could mix and match colors, that'd be cool. I think I'd mostly want the green for the way it looks on the D4 D8, D6 Vial, and D20 Keg, but the red looks really nice on the D12 Gem and the D10 and D% loot bags. The green D12 looks nice too though and if they reach 300k (which they most likely will), that D20 red gem would be included anyway.

Bah. Indecision. I'm bad with choices, I hate making choices.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

My fiancee let me back this kickstarter for polyhero's rogue dice set at this tier so that I can get one of each of the types of dice :D

Wow, a bunch of dice that are as useful as a rogue in D&D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
:\

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I think they're really awesome-looking, personally. But I wouldn't want to use them myself.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

I'm really not much for gimmick dice, but these are fuckin' adorable and I love the lock and pick.

I'd go with the green.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Thise dice are trash, I rolled them at Gencon and they are quite unsatisfying. Display only pieces...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Those plastic dice don't have weight and dont make the same heavy noise and thud and rattle that makes rolling dice fun.

Way less tactile feel and I'd rather just use a cheap chessex set.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My Wizard set arrived just before Xmas, and I thought they were pretty cool, and feel just fine :shrug:

FirstAidKite posted:

Bah. Indecision. I'm bad with choices, I hate making choices.

My wizard set are also in that green, except for this set the green also glows in the dark. Identical pattern in daylight though, it's a good choice :buddy: I've backed for a buck, and if I can afford it by the pledge manager, since I've already got green I'll probably go for the red or midnight blue.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 8, 2018

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Going to start a Kickstarter for an unadorned 1 foot radius tungsten d20 and crush all lesser dice and gaming tables underneath its cold tread.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Sharkopath posted:

Going to start a Kickstarter for an unadorned 1 foot radius tungsten d20 and crush all lesser dice and gaming tables underneath its cold tread.

Backing Day One

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Sharkopath posted:

Just make sure not to include free shipping in the pledge

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just like collecting dice that I think look neat :\

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sharkopath posted:

Wasn't there a Kickstarter for metal dice that included big, table-destroying tungsten dice so heavy they wouldn't roll?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FirstAidKite posted:

Very, very same.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wasn't there a Kickstarter for metal dice that included big, table-destroying tungsten dice so heavy they wouldn't roll?

There have been a few that did tungsten dice, but I don't recall a huge one, and I follow kickstarter dice projects more closely than I probably should.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 8, 2018

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I just like having dice that roll well, clearly display the result, and can be read easily from across the table. Nigh-useless gimmick dice are the goatee-sporting evil twins from a parallel universe (that is also evil). If you are not inflicting them on others at the table, that's different.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

FirstAidKite posted:

They look cool, I give them that. I think the main "problem" (I don't see it as such) is that they require a different technique to roll well. Unlike the typical die where you just cup them in your hand and toss them, these look like they'll need to be spun by rubbing your hands. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more gimmick randomizers, since chinese fortune sticks would make for a fun randomizer.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chill la Chill posted:

They look cool, I give them that. I think the main "problem" (I don't see it as such) is that they require a different technique to roll well. Unlike the typical die where you just cup them in your hand and toss them, these look like they'll need to be spun by rubbing your hands. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more gimmick randomizers, since chinese fortune sticks would make for a fun randomizer.

You don't have a 3-foot dice tower?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like that gem d20. I can definitely appreciate the appeal of those sets, as another person who owns a poo poo load of dice. I ended up with an almost complete set of CoC dice from the KS a while back.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 8, 2018

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I have a bunch of their Wizard dice. I certainly only use them in RPG settings where no one else has to read my dice, because some of them truly are a pain in the rear end to read. Some also make me question their randomness (and thus their core reason for existence) after their ability to hit the same number time and time again without trying. Yeah, tiny sample size, truly random, etc., but they definitely "feel" like their outputs are unlike traditional polys, even if it's partially in my head.

That said, they look loving great and I love them anyway. I haven't backed the Rogue set, but when they hit retail there's a good chance I pick up at least the lock pick thing, because that's hilarious to me. Stupid, and hilarious, and awesome.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Echophonic posted:

I like that gem d20. I can definitely appreciate the appeal of those sets, as another person who owns a poo poo load of dice. I ended up with an almost complete set of CoC dice from the KS a while back.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that stretch goal will be met. :(

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Merauder posted:

I have a bunch of their Wizard dice. I certainly only use them in RPG settings where no one else has to read my dice, because some of them truly are a pain in the rear end to read. Some also make me question their randomness (and thus their core reason for existence) after their ability to hit the same number time and time again without trying. Yeah, tiny sample size, truly random, etc., but they definitely "feel" like their outputs are unlike traditional polys, even if it's partially in my head.

They probably aren't, if chessex can't reliably create balanced square die with years of practice I seriously doubt they can either. Not that the dice aren't cool and have their uses in friendly games.

Seriously any opaque die is likely going to be thrown off by any number of imperfections in the curing process. If you're ever curious as how balanced your dice are, and want something a little more accurate than rolling it a bunch, get a bowl of warm water and dissolve salt in it until the die is buoyant. If the die consistently bobs to the same few sides up its unbalanced.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Probably. I remember at PAX Unplugged seeing a 3" - 4" metal d20 that was called the table destroyer.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They probably aren't, if chessex can't reliably create balanced square die with years of practice I seriously doubt they can either. Not that the dice aren't cool and have their uses in friendly games.

Seriously any opaque die is likely going to be thrown off by any number of imperfections in the curing process. If you're ever curious as how balanced your dice are, and want something a little more accurate than rolling it a bunch, get a bowl of warm water and dissolve salt in it until the die is buoyant. If the die consistently bobs to the same few sides up its unbalanced.

isn't there also some other crazy poo poo like the bevel on the sides you have to be aware of? I remember this video with this crazy dice dude talking all sorts of smack about beveled edges on dice.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Baron Snow posted:

Probably. I remember at PAX Unplugged seeing a 3" - 4" metal d20 that was called the table destroyer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pookin/the-tablebreaker-the-ultimate-d20/description is a 4.6", 4.8 lb aluminum d20. Mine is out for delivery!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Guy Goodbody posted:

There was a massive aluminum one the middle of last year.

edit:

That's the one.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Subjunctive posted:

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that stretch goal will be met. :(

It looks like it just got unlocked.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

inklesspen posted:

It looks like it just got unlocked.

Yes!

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Also, I messaged them and they say you can get just the gem d20s separately. They'll cost $8 each; just back at like a dollar and you can then select them and pay for them in the after-KS pledge manager.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I can't believe we're still mired in dice chat when a goddamned Sonic the Hedgehog board game just launched :eyepop:

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

cyberia posted:

I can't believe we're still mired in dice chat when a goddamned Sonic the Hedgehog board game just launched :eyepop:

Shockingly, they answered my most pressing question in their faq. It’s officially licensed.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

This looks terrible. $10 bonus plastic rocks. Of all the Sonic stuff I remember from playing set a. It was those rocks that really stand out.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was never gonna back it in the first place but I don't like how many of those things are buyer opt-in things, like instead of just having a bigger base game they wanna nickel and dime the backers as well with stuff like "hey if you wanna play as the best character, big the cat, fork over more dough" but that's just me.

Only $150 for all of the game's content!! :shepface:

e: also, after reading the kickstarter page, I'm still not sure how you actually play the game. One of the comments was them saying they were gonna release a gameplay video on saturday but I feel like it would have been a better idea to have that kind of thing ready at the launch of your kickstarter.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 9, 2018

Hauki
May 11, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Only $150 for all of the game's content!! :shepface:
ah, a gloomhaven competitor

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Hauki posted:

ah, a gloomhaven competitor

Gloomhaven was $50 cheaper to pledge for though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Really, getting a Sonic game without all his Friends is a better deal.