Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ain't that the truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just turned 34 today. One step closer to the grave :toot:

Also hunter Liggett sucks, but at least the bowling alley pizza is ok

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

bird food bathtub posted:

*shrug* It's a habit I picked up from martial arts, and if you know anyone whose semi-serious about soccer they tend to do it too. Some people are just that way naturally, my cousin looks like he's in a bouncy castle or something.

This. My oldest does it. My middle not so much. He walks like the “today I will sex!” cartoon. I’ve always tried to be light on my feet because I hate the stomping poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Just turned 34 today. One step closer to the grave :toot:

Also hunter Liggett sucks, but at least the bowling alley pizza is ok

Happy Birthday

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
My worst kung fu instinct is to flip people over my soldier and dragon kicking them and then getting a fatality. It's a real big pain in the butt!

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes i think it's the soul of one of the bronze men lurking behind me but it's just shadows and delusional fear.

One day though I will redeem myself and bring Honor to my dojo.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

mods change my name posted:

My worst kung fu instinct is to flip people over my soldier and dragon kicking them and then getting a fatality. It's a real big pain in the butt!

God this reminds me of living in the barracks when everyone was combat rolling from the bunks to the showers being like sorry lol old habit from basic

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

My new job doesn't start for another week or so, so obviously I'm still awake at three in the morning because I'm bored out of my mind.

While aimlessly surfing the internet, I found photos of myself in basic. :suicide:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Combination of habit plus it's never not funny spooking the poo poo out of people with how quiet you are.

Yup. I taught myself to walk quiet af as a kid and it just kind of got ingrained. I'm constantly "sneaking" up on people and scaring the poo poo out of them at work and stuff because even in 100 year old buildings I walk softly enough to not make the floors creak.

And yeah I've been told I look bouncy as gently caress walking down a hallway. Whatever.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Buncha fuckin ninjas itt smh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I walk like I have somewhere to be. It’s ingrained from the army because it was a sham tactic.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've always walked real quiet, and every roommate I've ever had has threatened to put bells on all my belts. Apparently there's nothing like a 6'4" bearded man suddenly and silently appearing in your peripheral vision a foot away from you to freak the gently caress out of someone.

And yeah, I've been told I walk "all weird" my entire life.

Fuckin #nevertoobigtobetooquietcrew

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

boop the snoot posted:

I walk like I have somewhere to be. It’s ingrained from the army because it was a sham tactic.

Hopefully you had a clipboard or manilla folder with blank papers. That and having 'appointments' are what I learned with a sham shield.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I walk everywhere loudly recreating the Radetzky March and "Preussens Gloria" via mouth-trumpet, because lol quiet people

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

boop the snoot posted:

This will serve you well in corporate life. I do it all the time when I'm going for somewhere at work:

Meeting? Walk fast and look determined.
Lunch? Walk fast and look determined.
Going to spend 15 minutes on the shitter? Walk fast and look determined.

Greet people with a friendly wave and a look at your watch and you will be perceived as a go-getter no matter how much work you actually do.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fake it till ya make it

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

NINJAS OR PIRATES WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE!? VOTE NOW BY TEXTING 42069

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Fake it till ya make it

Thinkgeek used to sell a fake coffee mug that would steam. I think it was USB powered. Looks like it's gone now.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nice and hot piss posted:

NINJAS OR PIRATES WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE!? VOTE NOW BY TEXTING 42069

shouting at my mom on the phone like gunny taught me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress oval office rear end cardboard boxes and dicked up loving inventory goddamn worthless rear end software horseshit gently caress.

I've been told to cut the salt from my language, so yeah. At this point, I loving hope a plane crashes into the warehouse over the weekend. And our inventory control software can die a thousand deaths by junkyard magnets.

Thank gently caress it's friday.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

boop the snoot posted:

That's a good one. Along with the extra hat and junk keys on the desk. I need to come up with a substitute for that.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress poo poo gently caress gently caress oval office rear end cardboard boxes and dicked up loving inventory goddamn worthless rear end software horseshit gently caress.

I've been told to cut the salt from my language, so yeah. At this point, I loving hope a plane crashes into the warehouse over the weekend. And our inventory control software can die a thousand deaths by junkyard magnets.

Thank gently caress it's friday.

That was the same negative mark I got on my review. Things get hectic and apparently I get animated and vulgar.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That’s me.

Wife: “I don’t know what to make for dinner...”
Me: ORGANIZE OUR FOOD INTO SQUADS BASED ON FOOD PYRAMID CATEGORY.
Wife:”what?”
Me: “WE WILL STAY HERE ALL GODDAMN DAY!”
Wife:”the kitchen? Or the house?”
Me:”you’re getting a counseling statement for this.”

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've toned down most of my harsher language but my no-bullshit attitude apparently is somewhat unique in my account. Apparently my 'yeah, we're not doing that' conversation with my client has spread around the higher ups in a positive way.

I don't understand anything about this world, four years into it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Soulex posted:

That’s me.

Wife: “I don’t know what to make for dinner...”
Me: ORGANIZE OUR FOOD INTO SQUADS BASED ON FOOD PYRAMID CATEGORY.
Wife:”what?”
Me: “WE WILL STAY HERE ALL GODDAMN DAY!”
Wife:”the kitchen? Or the house?”
Me:”you’re getting a counseling statement for this.”

This is loving hilarious for some reason.

And I work at a military contractor with a bunch of other crusty helicopter pilots/Crews so our language is pretty much exactly what it was on active duty.

We did get spoken to at one of the meetings that we should tone it down a bit, it was bothering some of the civilians who work here. That lasted like an hour at best.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

I've toned down most of my harsher language but my no-bullshit attitude apparently is somewhat unique in my account. Apparently my 'yeah, we're not doing that' conversation with my client has spread around the higher ups in a positive way.

I don't understand anything about this world, four years into it.

I got fussed at for being direct about the challenges my department faces in my most recent quarterly report. Turns out higher ups only want to hear the good news.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I got fussed at for being direct about the challenges my department faces in my most recent quarterly report. Turns out higher ups only want to hear the good news.

I learned this in the Army. I went to an rear end chewing session and my first words were “I’m sorry, I made a mistake, how can I prove to you it won’t happen again?” And was chewed out harder for having a bad attitude.

Someone once told me “commanders don’t want to hear excuses, just say ‘roger’ and go and fix it.’”

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Also it seems like Altered Carbon was meant for Vin Diesel. loving seriously, like a producer went to the casting agent with a list of 1) must sound like Vin Diesel 2) must fight like Vin Diesel 3) Must look like Vin Diesel 4) Cheap!

Got 3 out of 4.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just finished Altered Carbon.

It was pretty good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Please rename gip to katzenklavier shim.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
kidsexchange.com

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Today I received a work email that someone signed with “Yours Successfully.”

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Oh, geez, I don't know if I should apply to join their club. What if I don't have enough sand?? Should I do it??

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Someone once told me “commanders don’t want to hear excuses, just say ‘roger’ and go and fix it.’”

My direct supervisor is an army reserve officer.

All of my sham tactics from the army would transfer well if I hated this job. I could thumb my rear end all day just saying I'm fixing the inventory. Instead I'm doing rolling counts and reorganizing. This place is a loving mess of cardboard and haphazardly placed poo poo and I'm getting tired of the confusion.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Today I received a work email that someone signed with “Yours Successfully.”

I sign mine with "Martinez protect you,".

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 9, 2018

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vin Diesel is a huge nerd and owns.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Vin Diesel is a huge nerd and owns.

Not debating this. Just saying it seems like a type cast role for him.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hi, here is my annual reminder that you goons should apply or donate to Veterans to Farmers. They just announced classes for the year and have their application up.

http://www.veteranstofarmers.org/contact-us/how-to-apply/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Amy Schumer has a new movie coming out.

Related, I wish Amy Schumer would go away. But if I have to see something about her pop up, so do you. Hence this post.