Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Aphrodite posted:

Breakfast isn't actually important at all, that's just really effective marketing.

Not true.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3737458/

For example, school children who have breakfast vs those who don't behave better and remember more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Aphrodite posted:

Breakfast isn't actually important at all

Mods?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cakesmith handyman posted:

Not true.

For example, school children who have breakfast vs those who don't behave better and remember more.

Yeah but kids are kids. They need energy for growing. Adults who drive or commute to work to touch a computer all day can wait until coffee* with no adverse effects.

*) :lol::laffo::lol: if your unions haven't included two mandatory 15-minute coffee breaks at 9:00 and 14:00 every work day into the universally binding collective agreement

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Not true.

Nobody here is still a school aged child though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What's a union?

:911:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody here is still a school aged child though.

They just behave that way.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lmao if you're at work long enough before 9am to consider it a viable break time.

I don't even get on the train until 09:08; if I walk quickly to the station I can even still be at home at 09:00.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Len posted:

What's a union?

:911:

According to some goon years ago, something that is literally killing America. (That's when I drew this.)

e: Actually I think it was me who was literally killing America by belonging to a union in a country that is not America.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah but kids are kids. They need energy for growing. Adults who drive or commute to work to touch a computer all day can wait until coffee* with no adverse effects.

*) :lol::laffo::lol: if your unions haven't included two mandatory 15-minute coffee breaks at 9:00 and 14:00 every work day into the universally binding collective agreement

lol you aren't required to let somebody have a lunch, let alone two breaks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda posted:

lol you aren't required to let somebody have a lunch, let alone two breaks.

You get what you ask for :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aramoro posted:

Is this one of those different words for the same things things. people put this on pancakes

Yeah, that looks pretty similar to the stuff I'm familiar with.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Tiggum posted:

What kind of pie?

I'm thinking apple. Extra cinnamony.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Not even mad scientists have dared solved the dilemma of unfrosted pies.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sure it looks dumb, but you can be drat sure they got her slippers next christmas. Mother's day, even.

#lifehacked

Is Cathy from Leeds in prison? Orange is the New Black taught me that sanitary towels can life hacked into anything.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Twitch posted:

If you want lovely pancakes, my dad used to occasionally put corn syrup on them.

My grandpa used to do that. He'd either make a burnt sugar syrup or use Karo. It was just a thing.

Speaking of that, I should make his pancake recipe with burnt sugar syrup. I haven't had it since he died and it would be a nice memory of Saturday morning.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I mean, you should probably eat something when you wake up, even if it's just a small snack. I notice that I'm usually mentally sharper after eating at least a banana or something.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/962151914782806016

Answer: Sort of.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

kool-aid apparently works rly well as a leather dye tho

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why not cut out the middleman, note the FD&C number from the ingredients and just use that?

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Platystemon posted:

Why not cut out the middleman, note the FD&C number from the ingredients and just use that?

Snowed in, and want a new hair colour right now or some similar situation. Seems like a reasonable hack for a relatable situation, really.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ew they used the loving pre-sweetened squeeze bottles, the gently caress? use the packets unless you want ants. they probably work a lot better

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Snoo posted:

ew they used the loving pre-sweetened squeeze bottles, the gently caress? use the packets unless you want ants. they probably work a lot better

Yeah, that's how you get scalp ants. Do you want scalp ants?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Platystemon posted:

From personal experiences, it's because you're a high schooler and you have access to very little money and a grocery store.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You buy twice as many as you need and if doesn't work at least you can have some nice juice.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
A girl I went to grade school with presented this in class as a means of dying your hair. I suppose if you have light colored hair and don't want to have that harsh chemical smell, and want to slightly change your hair color, yeah, that'll work.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Watched this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKkb5d19LoE

Sadly it has not taken my life to a whole new level, though this is my own fault for not owning dozens of spare shower caps or wire coat hangers. Lining a cat litter box with a random thin shopping bag is straight up bullshit though, every cat I've had digs like they are trying to get to China, that bag would be shredded.

Lifehack: Youtube lets you play videos at 1.5X or 2X speed, which is very useful for excessively long dumb videos.

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Feb 11, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lifehack: U CAN GROW PLANT IN THING SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR GROWING A PLANT IT LITERALLY BLEW MY MIND I loving LOVE SCIENCE

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

imagine being the hand model that has to do this bullshit for 60 hours a week

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I vaguely remember eating pancakes with Karo as a child and being unsettled by it's lack of color.

I don't understand what treacle is...wiki says its molasses, but there are kinds? If it is just molasses, then a lot of good butter and molasses is loving awesome on pancakes. Even better with a banana sliced up. I do like real maple syrup and a lot of butter but molasses is way cheaper and a little goes a long way.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which lifehack from the video required drilling a second hole into a keychain?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

empty sea posted:

I vaguely remember eating pancakes with Karo as a child and being unsettled by it's lack of color.

I don't understand what treacle is...wiki says its molasses, but there are kinds? If it is just molasses, then a lot of good butter and molasses is loving awesome on pancakes. Even better with a banana sliced up. I do like real maple syrup and a lot of butter but molasses is way cheaper and a little goes a long way.

There are different kinds/colors of molasses depending on how refined or processed they are. I think the darker the molasses, the more concentrated they are. Treacle is basically very light molasses. It tastes kind of like toffee or caramel.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandomPauI posted:

Which lifehack from the video required drilling a second hole into a keychain?

None. It was a meaningless clickbait image that had nothing to do with the video.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Pancake day? That's some bullshit, it's Packzi Day where I'm from.

loving pancake day, like pancakes are a big deal.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I had a lovely raspberry packzi. Then ninjas apparently broke in and stole the rest of the box..

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

It’s actually shrove Tuesday. But why remember the tradition when you can rename it and turn it into a capitalist wank fest.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Horse Clocks posted:

It’s actually shrove Tuesday. But why remember the tradition when you can rename it and turn it into a capitalist wank fest.

Thanks I know what the day 'actually' is.

lmao tho, pancakes or paczkis making it a capitalist wankfest like that isn't loving tradition already, good one.

big dyke energy has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Feb 13, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I declare today be nice to someone day. You can buy stuff if you like but it's not necessary for the occasion. Hey you ^^^^^ I like your av! It looks friendly! :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

I declare today be nice to someone day. You can buy stuff if you like but it's not necessary for the occasion. Hey you ^^^^^ I like your av! It looks friendly! :)

Nice douche, Bastard!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Horse Clocks posted:

those loving poles making paczkis in hamtramck to honor the gods of capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Get shriven, eat fatty foods, they're all part of the process.

Also, the pancake (or collop) and pazcki traditions started under feudalism, in any case.

Or just eat nian gao in honor of the Lunar New Year, it's a free-ish country.