Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Gonna get a tattoo commemorating my new name, I'm commissioning a friend to do the art: http://rheaewing.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
your friend is a very talented artist. good pick

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I got pierced with a 0g needle

imagine a bic pen getting shoved through your lobes, it owned
:stonk:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah I got mine done at a proper piercing place with a needle. My left ear got infected once but has been well behaved since. My right ear flares up from time to time. blech.

I have this problem too. Sometimes one of ears will just decide that earrings are unacceptable. The piercings are like 3 years old too. It happens to my mom as well so we think it's probably just some genetic thing about skin stubbornly healing.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Lunar Suite posted:

he's remarked i'm halfway between him and his brother (who's also gay).

:quagmire:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

hey!! what’s everyone’s favorite affirmation stud when ur feeling wierd and gross

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

gently caress, they could have just used a hole punch

yeah if they punched it they wouldn’t close up as easily should I decide to ever do that

I have them stretched to 12.5mm and don’t plan on removing them simply because they bring the focus down from my giant bald head lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

surgery friend is back home now, though she's freaking out periodically about the catheter and the packing (she's always been a bit of a hypochondriac and this isn't exactly helping) and her husband is super duper stressed since he's gotten like 4 hours of sleep over the last few days :sigh:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ate all the Oreos posted:

surgery friend is back home now, though she's freaking out periodically about the catheter and the packing (she's always been a bit of a hypochondriac and this isn't exactly helping) and her husband is super duper stressed since he's gotten like 4 hours of sleep over the last few days :sigh:

Fortunately that only has to stay in for a couple days, but I can't imagine being cathed is fun.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/chrissteinplays/status/962870570156208133

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My gender is augmented

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

why can't it be both

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

someday trans people are gonna have the option of cybernetic vagenes/peenys and he'll be vindicated

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i'll let doctors just chop off whatever if it can be replaced by a cooler robot version

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
https://youtu.be/zo9hqmkEfEY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

every not-shithead transhumanist i've ever met has just been a transperson who wants a cool robot body

imo they should have their own term because "transhumanist" is pretty tainted by awful, awful people they're basically two completely different groups at this point

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

we're now much closer to actual 2021 than we are to a time when sealab 2021 was on the air :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

every not-shithead transhumanist i've ever met has just been a transperson who wants a cool robot body

imo they should have their own term because "transhumanist" is pretty tainted by awful, awful people they're basically two completely different groups at this point

trans-transhumanist

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

someday trans people are gonna have the option of cybernetic vagenes/peenys and he'll be vindicated
Bio-engineered bits are the real goal, although I wouldn't turn my nose up at a pair of Tleilaxu eyes.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

there was a period of time as an egg where i was really sad and didn't understand why transhumanists were awful rich people since being a cyborg was such an appealing idea

these days i just wish to be a magical girl instead since it is equally impossible and significantly less full of shitheads :v:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I would like to have a cool robot body. Those synthetic sleeves from altered cabrón that can change appearance are p sw8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'll let doctors just chop off whatever if it can be replaced by a cooler robot version

god drat right

donate my fleshy bits to science and bring on the essence drain, chummers

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I mean, I think I have cyborg boobs now basically.

With the strength of 9 go-rillas

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I’d settle for quick and good weight redistribution.

My goals are low.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I’d settle for quick and good weight redistribution.

My goals are low.

like on command? so you can like, move all your weight to your fist as you swing it to send someone flying?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

like on command? so you can like, move all your weight to your fist as you swing it to send someone flying?

That’s way cooler than what I was thinking, so i’m Going with that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Have bigger butt n thighs and stuff.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

This but with muscles is how I imagine the weirding way works

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Have bigger butt n thighs and stuff.

That was my original idea. "I want a bigger butt today " *bam*

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I did the tria lasering thing again over the weekend and I swear my pain tolerance went down, had to stick to 2 instead of 3 for most of the hour and a half I spent on the task

More out of extreme long term annoyance than actual pain, I admit, but it's still confusing that it was more annoying the second go round

I envy the strength of folks like cis autodrag who got the full power medical laser to their face with all that dense coarse hair, loving ow?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also idk how in the gently caress you are supposed to accurately laser the back of your thighs without help, that is just some awkward blind fondling, that is

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ciaphas posted:

I did the tria lasering thing again over the weekend and I swear my pain tolerance went down, had to stick to 2 instead of 3 for most of the hour and a half I spent on the task

More out of extreme long term annoyance than actual pain, I admit, but it's still confusing that it was more annoying the second go round

I envy the strength of folks like cis autodrag who got the full power medical laser to their face with all that dense coarse hair, loving ow?

Just FYI, you have to wait 8 to 10 weeks between professional seasons because you want to hit different growth cycles, so your skin has a lot of time to calm down. I can't imagine doing two treatments in two weeks like you just did. Electrolysis, sure. Laser? gently caress no.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

Just FYI, you have to wait 8 to 10 weeks between professional seasons because you want to hit different growth cycles, so your skin has a lot of time to calm down. I can't imagine doing two treatments in two weeks like you just did. Electrolysis, sure. Laser? gently caress no.

Yeah the tria instructions and internet advice seem to vary between waiting one week and waiting two, so I'm just checking if I have to shave every weekend and if I do, lasering afterward (my body hair is mostly slow to grow, except for my pectorals--grossssss)

That said I just use an electric body groomer so it's not the closest shave in the world, I should probably just get a buncha disposable bics or something, but I'm not sure that matters for lasers anyway as long as it's short enough for energy to reach the follicle

(e) Though i do have to admit that after about half an hour it's like the lasering never happened as far as skin irritation goes so maybe I should harden up and use a higher setting and stop flinching, idk

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Back of your thighs? I would like to do my BACK. I think that's going to have to be professional. Still seriously considering getting my face done professionally too.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah the tria instructions and internet advice seem to vary between waiting one week and waiting two, so I'm just checking if I have to shave every weekend and if I do, lasering afterward (my body hair is mostly slow to grow, except for my pectorals--grossssss)

That said I just use an electric body groomer so it's not the closest shave in the world, I should probably just get a buncha disposable bics or something, but I'm not sure that matters for lasers anyway as long as it's short enough for energy to reach the follicle

(e) Though i do have to admit that after about half an hour it's like the lasering never happened as far as skin irritation goes so maybe I should harden up and use a higher setting and stop flinching, idk

It hurts less if you're shaved all the way down because theres less heat at the surface.

I wish my body hair was laser treatable. It's too ashy so I have to live with it until we're done with the bottom electrolysis.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Back of your thighs? I would like to do my BACK. I think that's going to have to be professional. Still seriously considering getting my face done professionally too.

My back hair is one of the few areas that completely cleared just from hormones.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

It hurts less if you're shaved all the way down because theres less heat at the surface.

I wish my body hair was laser treatable. It's too ashy so I have to live with it until we're done with the bottom electrolysis.

good point, maybe i'll grab some bics (in before massive cuts and razorburn preventing lasering in the first place lmbo)

also i got genetically lucky i suppose, my hair may be fine and peachfuzzy and not entirely visible to other people's eyes but it is in reality quite dark, so i expect the lasering to work well

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 12, 2018

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ciaphas posted:

good point, maybe i'll grab some bics (in before massive cuts and razorburn preventing lasering in the first place lmbo)

also i got genetically lucky i suppose, my hair may be fine and peachfuzzy and not entirely visible to other people's eyes but it is in reality quite dark, so i expect the lasering to work well

Maybe, but moderate your expectations. I have hair they looks dark to me, but a nurse looking at it under magnification said it's untreatable. Remember that it likely seems worse to you than anybody else because we are not very rational about our perceptions of our bodies.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

eh well if it doesn't work long term i've spent more money on worse things :v:

(ask me about my trip to DC to see the smithsonian that got aborted two days in because of superstorm sandy, didn't think it'd be a bother that far south but nope stuck in BWI for 20 hours, never got to the museum woo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ciaphas posted:

eh well if it doesn't work long term i've spent more money on worse things :v:

This is a good attitude to have.