Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

i still have asula pieces too lol

I'd guess I've put about 3 1/2 months into this game at this point so progress shot.

Dang, that's quite good for being only 3.5 months in.
Are you in Peener?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TVDinna posted:

Dang, that's quite good for being only 3.5 months in.
Are you in Peener?

in what

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So apparently you can use P2W tents to block bridges.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

lurksion posted:

So apparently you can use P2W tents to block bridges.

Archeage checkpoints here we goooooo

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

People are already using the tents to to block ranged players from hitting Karanda :v:

Katt fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 11, 2018

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

ParksAndRec -> PNR -> Peener

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no im in a friends guild because i like to node war

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Free 7 day trial codes for those who want to try the game.

NEEHGVI-S1DG9IE-D4AR4FK-8B3I6 Unused
SQJ2S90-JFQ2E8K-34V2QV3-HJPKM Unused
VUP1GRC-FEIMG1E-KCG8LN6-8831L Unused
HJG8H0A-GUUATA2-VGI99P9-90E1Q Unused
6O6A5L3-G5G1PBN-88AP69S-B45H8 Unused
LVRQFUU-BIJV7D0-QL6VKSF-93E4G Unused

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
How bad is the grind when you lose the 30 day gloria server pass or whatever? I bought it around christmas sale and made a character, but there were so many other games out there I played those instead.

I really enjoyed murdering the poo poo out of little goblins as a Musa. he looks like Mitsurugi from Soul Blade too, and was jamming Super Khan session while trying out some moves, it was great.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

How bad is the grind when you lose the 30 day gloria server pass or whatever? I bought it around christmas sale and made a character, but there were so many other games out there I played those instead.

I really enjoyed murdering the poo poo out of little goblins as a Musa. he looks like Mitsurugi from Soul Blade too, and was jamming Super Khan session while trying out some moves, it was great.

The game is beyond grindy as gently caress if you want to be ~competitive~, but if you don't care about that then you can continue on bopping goblins in style as much or as little as you want. Black desert isn't like a lot of MMOs that lock a bunch of content until you get to max level, most of the stuff in the game is available to you from a low level. A lot of people don't engage with the combat/pvp/grinding side of the game at all, they just chill in town chopping logs and trading potatoes and operating a slave worker empire.

Huskers
May 9, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

It seems like a big deal at first, when you're on the starter server, the +100% exp all the time. But it really doesn't matter much in the long run. All servers get the same exp buff on the weekend, and they've really gutted the exp leveling requirements anyway. Some areas will be more crowded on the normal servers, others less. Gear/money are the real gates anyway.

As long as you enjoy the combat and grind, it's all the same no matter which server you're on.

e: (also if you've been off for more than 30 days, you'll have access to the newbie servers again).

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fargin Icehole posted:

You do almost all of your xp grinding during the daily grind hour once you get past 56 anyway

So the normal xp rate is 100%

200% from the grind hour
100% from a golden bell

You now have an xp rate of 400% The Olvia server giving you another 100% would just be a boost of 25% more effective xp.

It's probably closer to 20% if you use various smaller xp buffing things as well like helmet gems, milk tea, value pack and so on.

Also the Olvia buff is in effect on all servers during the weekend. This buff extends slightly into both Friday and Monday

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Futaba Anzu posted:

i still have asula pieces too lol

I'd guess I've put about 3 1/2 months into this game at this point so progress shot.

I've been playing for a year and have Grunil DUO, with PRI weapons and a couple of PRI jewels. (and 2b in the bank)

Fargin Icehole posted:

The exp boost as a newbie or returning player is a trap, the grind in this game is to get good gear. Exp is just a secondary effect of grinding for gear.
You can get full DUO armor without a whole lot of effort, and weapons at a slighly bigger effort. The grind start once you want to get boss gear highly enchanted. Heck just getting +0 boss gear at all is a huge task as it requires marketplace luck or boss drop luck. None of that is needed to enjoy the game though. Im having a blast with my afforementioned crappy gear.

If you want to PVP though you need to dedicate a significant amount of your life to the game. PVP is almost entirely gear based so if you don't have the best gear you are toast. There are few catchup mechanics (except leveling is faster, which we already established is not the real grind) and the top dogs have been grinding for 1,5 years at this point so it will take a while to catch up.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 12, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ineptitude posted:

The exp boost as a newbie or returning player is a trap, the grind in this game is to get good gear. Exp is just a secondary effect of grinding for gear.
You can get full DUO armor without a whole lot of effort, and weapons at a slighly bigger effort. The grind start once you want to get boss gear highly enchanted. Heck just getting +0 boss gear at all is a huge task as it requires marketplace luck or boss drop luck.

they definitely boosted boss drop rates since i've gotten 3 kzarka, 2 dandelion, and a bheg ever since coming back 2 months ago. on top of that a ton of people in my guild have said they've been experiencing a lot of increased odds as well

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

I've been playing for a year and have Grunil DUO, with PRI weapons and a couple of PRI jewels. (and 2b in the bank)

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Is there a way to turn all the copper and iron and wood my workers have gathered into money that's better than just brokering it? I'm trying to get into the lifeskill game because afk money is the best kind.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

trash crates or iron+coal for steel and just process any wood into timber

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
trash crates use black powder dont they? how do I get that? Just broker?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

sunken fleet posted:

Is there a way to turn all the copper and iron and wood my workers have gathered into money that's better than just brokering it? I'm trying to get into the lifeskill game because afk money is the best kind.

iron + coal into steel and sell it
copper + tin into bronze and sell it
copper + zinc into brass and sell it

Blackstone powder comes mainly from grinding jewels you find that aren't vert valuable.

You can buy green jewels from the jewel vendor and grind those at a rate of 3000 silver per blackstone powder. Not very efficient for crates but if like me you use it mainly to craft tools then 1000 blackstone for 3 million silver with single craft session is a fair deal.

Crates cross the effort threshold for me because they require me to transport them manually to far off locations to sell them for a profit.

Katt fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 18, 2018

J
Jun 10, 2001

Unless you have a high trading level and a lot of contribution points to connect a long trade route, crates aren't worth it. At artisan2 trading you can get a buff in the desert for 100 energy that boosts the base price of goods traded from outside the desert into the desert by 50%. But each level of trading you have increases the bargain bonus by .5%, so the current prices of materials on the market are dictated by people with ridiculously high trading levels. Meaning, until you have a pretty high trading level yourself, you're better off just processing your materials and selling those on the market. If you want to put in effort, then you make trash crates at a loss to help level up your trading for the long run. But, :effort:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Meaning, until you have a pretty high trading level yourself, you're better off just processing your materials and selling those on the market. If you want to put in effort, then you make trash crates at a loss to help level up your trading for the long run. But, :effort:

It's not true at all but it does make it less good. You will always make more money selling the crates yourself at artisan 2+ but you will almost never make money buying the processed materials to make crates. The marketplace tax ensures this will always be the case until someone hits something like guru trade to make a 20%+ gap. Blue crystals are a better way to get blackstone powder. It's slightly more expensive per BSP but you gain them about 10x faster.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Thanks for the explanations guys. I don't have enough contribution to make a big trade route so I guess I'll just make and sell steel and whatnot

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
25 Memory Fragments.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

25 Memory Fragments.

Same.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Think I missed a day somehow; didn't get anything.

:geno:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

good box event

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Got a Kutum.

Wondering if its worth camping the Marketplace to pick off items.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I got a bhegs glove. Which is nice for me since I'm only missing gloves and boots.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
got my first piece of boss gear from that box

:nsa:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Any of the SFD goons still playing this? I miss you nerds. Except Probad.

Arkenhest is still space jamming nerds tenderly.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Decided to smash a pri basi for fun today and got a duo basi now I only need to get one more acc to fill out my gear :)

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
My Epheria sailboat is nearly complete! I'm really bad at names. So goons, please suggest me some names for my boat.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Boaty McBoatface

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Velveteen posted:

My Epheria sailboat is nearly complete! I'm really bad at names. So goons, please suggest me some names for my boat.

HMS Sunk Cost Fallacy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FartFace.

Loops
Oct 20, 2011

I named mine Pissmarck

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

dabigredboat

Loops
Oct 20, 2011

Does anyone know what happened that the demand for beer and grains seems to have tanked, at least on the EU server? Used to be that you could almost never find beer or grains in the marketplace, but nowadays it's 20-30 listings of beer pretty much at all times. All the grains and processed grains materials are in plentiful supply too.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Loops posted:

Does anyone know what happened that the demand for beer and grains seems to have tanked, at least on the EU server? Used to be that you could almost never find beer or grains in the marketplace, but nowadays it's 20-30 listings of beer pretty much at all times. All the grains and processed grains materials are in plentiful supply too.

on the US servers you can put up regular beer at max price and it will sell within 24 hours or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

The amount of listings isn't that important. Look okay how long the listings have left. Orders last 7 days by default so you can guess about how long things take to sell by looking at the oldest listings at the price you want. Default sort is cheapest first then oldest first