Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Also the Mel Gibson one was retarded. Mel was like my father was basically on the verge of death but these stem cells saved his life. His dad was 92 loving years old when he got them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

To Battle posted:

92 loving years old

,my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h9MxNn8P7w

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Has someone taken a bottle of alpha brain and took all the capsules. I bet nothing would happen, except vomiting.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 8, 2018

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
And wasn't his dad like a raging psycho racist or something? Lmbo

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

To Battle posted:

Has someone taken a bottle of alpha brain and took all the capsules. I bet nothing would happen, except vomiting.

I took 6 once, I didn't notice anything except my burps smelling a little weird.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Apprentice Dick posted:

I took 6 once, I didn't notice anything except my burps smelling a little weird.

Sorry about your money

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Sorry about your money

i mean i wanted to get caught up on sleep and just recharge do some yoga and chill in my tank, i even skipped the fights but then my brah chris was textin 'bottle service' and you know what, everything in moderation, in moderation, my man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyylUeaTT10

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Sorry about your money

I was dumb, but at least this dumb only cost me $30 and my dignity.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Please buy some truck stop boner pills and report back.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

homercles posted:

Please buy some truck stop boner pills and report back.

No thanks, I'm not Jon Jones.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

that episode about the book on depression is great. who knew I just have to leave my lovely job to work in an anarcho-syndicalist collective?! thank you, mr. writer.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

mike12345 posted:

that episode about the book on depression is great. who knew I just have to leave my lovely job to work in an anarcho-syndicalist collective?! thank you, mr. writer.

That dude really just struck me as someone who had done a couple hours of internet research on a subject and then presented themselves as an authoritative expert.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

dy. posted:

That dude really just struck me as someone who had done a couple hours of internet research on a subject and then presented themselves as an authoritative expert.

Yeah, none of what he said was really new. I got a similar feel from the journalist that wrote a book about dieting and fats, Teichholz was her name. She seemed a bit selective in her choice of research & and what that meant for nutrition. Judging by some Amazon reviews, other people think so as well. But I don't know much about nutrition, so whatevs.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Some of his ideas were interesting but Christ Joe doesnt understand clinical depression at all. Plus his best friend Jordan Peterson has been antidepressants most of his life, talk to him about it.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 14, 2018

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
joe rogan is my favourite person for debunking SJWs and leftists and also jordan peterson. his arguments are unbeatable, he exposes the left for the simpering babies that they are.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Source your quotes?

I do like listening to a wide variety of view points, and these long form conversations are great for that.

If you want to check out a toxic JRE community, check out the Joe Rogan subreddit. They dump on him pretty hard.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Really enjoyed the recent Duncan ep. I always catch him when he's a guest and I check out DTFH every now and then, so I knew to expect plenty of entertaining conspiracy/weed/annunaki talk, but really came away with some positive vibes towards the end. I told an old friend (and fellow listener) about this after we had finished training bjj (yeah, hahahaha). He revealed that it was actually a Rogan-Duncan conversation back from like 2012 that had helped inspire him to quit his lovely depressing factory job and to start what now has become a successful roofing business. He also got sober and I'm pretty sure he started BJJ not long after that. It's a really good feeling to see an old friend kick an addiction, find direction, and get his life in order.

Just thought I'd throw my uplifting anecdote in there. As easy as it can be to knock Rogan for occasionally featuring wackos on the podcast and/or promulgating some goofy stuff, I think he puts out a generally good product and can positively inspire people, especially young men. :unsmith:

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?
Yeah Duncan is low-key the best super hippy friend of Joe's. His own podcast is great, of course.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoLqPubyZp4

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

JamMaster Flash posted:

Just thought I'd throw my uplifting anecdote in there. As easy as it can be to knock Rogan for occasionally featuring wackos on the podcast and/or promulgating some goofy stuff, I think he puts out a generally good product and can positively inspire people, especially young men. :unsmith:

This is what the show felt like before he went alt right, but as a coloured dude, it is weird for him to have on, like, Gavin McInnes and not challenge some obviously dangerous views. The trust Joe built up for years from okay dudes like Duncan then gets used for some pretty awful people, which inspires folks who may not have been otherwise inclined to malice to be really mean on the internet and real life.

Sorry to SJW, and I still legit listen to comic episodes.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Piquai Souban posted:

This is what the show felt like before he went alt right

He didn't "go alt right". This is an extremely tired and weird narrative.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Joe Rogan is willing to listen to any opinion, as long as that opinion involves being terrified of purple haired college girls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

In 2018 one can only be progressive/woke or an alt right nazi.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Seltzer posted:

He started giving them a platform and making many of them relevant

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

beep by grandpa posted:

You can also be a woke nazi.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

My dad is an alt right nazi and my mother is a progressive/woke.

I'm what they call a day-walker.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
Joe Rogan is as Alt Right as Will Smith is a scientologist, he isn't a member but he's being very heavily courted by the crypto fascist crowd. There's probably a large chance he'll swing left guest-wise out of necessity, considering he's already scraped the barrel by having on Sargon "You're acting like white n****rs" of akkad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Or Alex Jones. He has transcended these realms of political discourse and got caught in the Matrix.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Oh cool, the "Joe Rogan is a Nazi" argument again. Yes, this slap fight is always entertaining, please continue!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Mods please change my name to "Social Justice Nazi"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

cosmically_cosmic posted:

Joe Rogan is as Alt Right as Will Smith is a scientologist, he isn't a member but he's being very heavily courted by the crypto fascist crowd. There's probably a large chance he'll swing left guest-wise out of necessity, considering he's already scraped the barrel by having on Sargon "You're acting like white n****rs" of akkad.

Realistically, dude's not going to have, like, Slavoj Zizek on or even prominent internet leftist youtube dweebs. He'll invite the Try Guys from Buzzfeed or some poo poo.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
The folks from Chapo Trap House would be a great guest.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
Has Rogan ever had a decent economic leftist guest? Abby Martin doesn't count. Someone that would dodge the "SJW" stuff that would derail the conversation.

I imagine Joe is a really hard egg to crack on that subject. I'm sure he's personally seen plenty of talented comics/writers struggle financially, but he's also incredibly successful/wealthy not in small part due to legit hard work and being ahead of the curve on podcasting, MMA, selling mystery brain powders, etc.

insideoutsider
Aug 31, 2003

You want a van? I get you a van.
Zizek and Rogan for three hours gets me really hard.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

waffles beyond waffles posted:

The folks from Chapo Trap House would be a great guest.

Felix went back and fourth with Rogan once but it didnt really go anywhere.

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

KingNastidon posted:

Has Rogan ever had a decent economic leftist guest?
IIRC Immortal Technique was on. So no.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

insideoutsider posted:

Zizek and Rogan for three hours gets me really hard.

Zizek relating a video of a chimp attacking a car to economic policy.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

KingNastidon posted:

Has Rogan ever had a decent economic leftist guest? Abby Martin doesn't count. Someone that would dodge the "SJW" stuff that would derail the conversation.

I imagine Joe is a really hard egg to crack on that subject. I'm sure he's personally seen plenty of talented comics/writers struggle financially, but he's also incredibly successful/wealthy not in small part due to legit hard work and being ahead of the curve on podcasting, MMA, selling mystery brain powders, etc.

I am not personally acquainted with what he does, but he had someone by the name of Jimmy Dore recently and he sounded pretty Bernie-Left to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Megazver posted:

I am not personally acquainted with what he does, but he had someone by the name of Jimmy Dore recently and he sounded pretty Bernie-Left to me.

Jimmy Dore is or was part of the Young Turks. I like Kyle who does a show called Secular Talk, a lot more thought out than Cenk who I cant stand.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Democrats

This is basically what they are pushing for, its getting more momentum than I thought it was.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 19, 2018