Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Quest 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Spacestation Silicon Valley is a weird game not nearly enough people have played. I think there were issues with emulating it, but they've been fixed now. It has hidden items in every level, and getting all of them could be the Imp trophy. However, one of the trophies you're supposed to get is bugged, so it has to be cheated into the game to get the final ending. Not being able to unlock it as a kid was incredibly frustrating. Your character just passes through it. It could be fixed with a game genie, but I never had one.

I also back all and any of the Goemon games on the N64. They're all incredibly fun. I've only played through Mystical Ninja to the end and I absolutely love it, but Great Adventure is a lot of fun as well. Revisiting Mystical Ninja would be awesome.

I've never played Ogre Battle 64, so it would be great if it was chosen, but if it's too long it's maybe not a great idea. But now I'm going to see if I can track it down and try it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Star Fox 64. Basic badge is beating it on any path, imp badge for hard path

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

I've never played Ogre Battle 64, so it would be great if it was chosen, but if it's too long it's maybe not a great idea. But now I'm going to see if I can track it down and try it.

Haven’t played it myself, but it looks to be about 35 hours. The only other Ogre game I’ve played is Tactics Ogre and that game is pretty loving hard, so that 35 hours is probably way more if you’re bad at it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bomberman 64 would be a cool game to play, it's absolutely full of hidden zones and secrets that require crazy bomb bounces and puzzle solving.

Conker's bad fur day I've heard good things about but never played

Mischief Makers might be good too but I'm not too sure how well its aged

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
mischief makers ftw. shake shake

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
bomberman 64 is pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Conker's bad fur day I've heard good things about

From who lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

From who lol

Guys with white vans

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My cousin

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whoops somehow i ended up in my local retro game store and had a super game boy in my hands and now im at home with it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

bomberman 64 is pretty cool
Bomberman Hero, the other N64 Bomberman game, would be great for the club. It's very strange and I don't think a lot of people played it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gargoyle's Quest is awesome. I have received the Fingernail and have begun my search for the Goblin Sceptre.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Glad you suggested it because its cool so far. Probably going to play GQ, GQ2 and Demon's Crest over these 2 weeks.

if you are doing this you should play mega man zx. its basically demon's crest 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Orville posted:

Guys with white vans

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

whoops somehow i ended up in my local retro game store and had a super game boy in my hands and now im at home with it

:cheers:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im gonna make it kiss my super nt once that gets here

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mine was $20 australian dollars off ebay which is how ill explain it was a bargain while i order a $90 USD everdrive-gb from krikzz

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’ll nominate Donkey Kong 64 :troll:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

n64 kinda sucks

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

elf help book posted:

n64 kinda sucks

Beetle Adventure Racing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goldeneye

gamer: dam 53
imp: dam 52

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Imp: Streets 1:12

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

n64 kinda sucks

basically every game i want to play on it is multiplayer lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

having a blast playing Gargoyle's Quest. if i clear it i'll start on 2, but i think i'll play the NES version since i have that on 3ds. might disqualify me but i'll never beat both games lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Orville posted:

Imp: Streets 1:12
Boom. Two badges.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

n64 kinda sucks

Outside of Nintendo stuff it's pretty bleh. Like, I'm not gonna nominate SM64 or Majora's Mask for this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe excitebike 64 or blast corps? im looknig through a list of n64 games and not getting much lol.... shadowman???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a gently caress ton of Excitebike 64, but I think the game runs at like 12fps.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I played a gently caress ton of Excitebike 64, but I think the game runs at like 12fps.

thats the worswt thing about that era of games to me

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
here are some decent picks imo:
either mystic ninja game
either bomberman game
that weird-rear end tank game where you fight to protect the last women on earth

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pokemon snap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh hell yeah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
battletanx might actually be completely terrible, but i liked it as a kid

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

jetforce gemini

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sin and punishment

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Outside of Nintendo stuff it's pretty bleh. Like, I'm not gonna nominate SM64 or Majora's Mask for this

exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Blast Corp would be fun

• Locked thread