Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you have a weird US schedule it might be worth playing with Eurogoons, or vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

vOv posted:

Yep. Also I have no clue how this interacts with things like the armory bonus and the Brand New Ring.
Those only apply to mob XP I think.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HenryEx posted:

I have done Sephirot Extreme for *checks clock* eleven hours almost straight now.

I have gotten 9 totems out of it. :tizzy:

The edge is calling tonight. :unsmigghh:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
At a friend's suggestion in light of my earlier error, my raid group has decided to photoshop my head onto various places in the victory screenshot for each new tier we clear.

The O6S clear screenshot is easily the best one so far.

e: photoshopper forgot the skullcarby

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 12, 2018

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

SL the Pyro posted:

At a friend's suggestion, my raid group has decided to photoshop my head onto various places in the victory screenshot for each new tier we clear.

Should have sent a poet

RME
Feb 20, 2012

vOv posted:

Yep. Also I have no clue how this interacts with things like the armory bonus and the Brand New Ring.

that one is simple
it doesnt

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

At a friend's suggestion in light of my earlier error, my raid group has decided to photoshop my head onto various places in the victory screenshot for each new tier we clear.

e: photoshopper forgot the skullcarby

Your static is a lot nicer. Mine does this to my head :(

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Saw Kefaust Savage enrage in one lockout with 7 deaths tonight. Should be able to get to God tomorrow.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

If you don't have friends and don't want to make friends in the game then maybe an MMO isn't for you

That's why WoW had no chance against EQ1

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Hey, I'm trying to play this game with a controller (I prefer to play third person games that way). Is there a way to modify the controls to be a bit less reliant on the shoulder buttons?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mikedawson posted:

Hey, I'm trying to play this game with a controller (I prefer to play third person games that way). Is there a way to modify the controls to be a bit less reliant on the shoulder buttons?
You can make them a toggle if that would help

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
This Dreadwyrm Trance button seems important... What should I cast during that as a 60 SMN? (And please don't link me a 350 page "guide").

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

y_y posted:

This Dreadwyrm Trance button seems important... What should I cast during that as a 60 SMN? (And please don't link me a 350 page "guide").

Basically, as much Ruin 3 as possible, or Tri-Bind (since it gets an 'upgrade') for aoe situations, while making sure you actually press Deathflare before it ends.

Later on it... well, it's still mostly the same, you just throw in Ruin 4 procs.

SMN's relatively 'simple' outside of some timing hijinks with the tri-disaster cooldown reset: Keep up dots, use aetherflow, etc.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

y_y posted:

Pretty much any time you're going to have 15 seconds to unload DPS. It's short enough that you shouldn't need to sit on it much, thankfully, since it gets in the way of Aetherflow!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've used the Raid Finder a couple of times, but it's never really been all that fruitful. Sophia went well enough, but Susano was really bad. The PF is good because you can discuss strategy before going into the instance and it's a lot easier to remove anyone who is remarkably bad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... the Arcanist class storyline sure did get unexpectedly dark.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Nodosaur posted:

... the Arcanist class storyline sure did get unexpectedly dark.

Yeah it kind of takes a swerve toward the middle, there. And while the resolution ends up well enough, I rather wish they'd either gone further in on helping K'lythia cope or just exclude it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Alder posted:

I like fashion though :sigh:

Also weird schedules means no one is online when I am or vice versa. I've liked FFXIV up to now how it's basically a 1P JRPG except for some parts.

Judging from jabber chat a lot of people are playing at all hours of the day and night.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

y_y posted:

At 60 you should just DWT -> TriD -> Ruin3. Anything else will be a dps loss.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
unless you are deliberately playing on a backwater server you will have a hard time finding a time when the game is as empty as you think.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

unless you are deliberately playing on a backwater server you will have a hard time finding a time when the game is as empty as you think.

That's pretty true. I had a lovely work schedule last week due to being on call and on week nights at 2:30-5:00 EST there were still people forming groups on Excalibur.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I ran some canals and got some ala mhigan weave and a blessed cloth. How much does this usually go for because it's over 2 mil on the market board.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i sold ala mhigan weave for 10 million last week (on omega)

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

ChaseSP posted:

I ran some canals and got some ala mhigan weave and a blessed cloth. How much does this usually go for because it's over 2 mil on the market board.

Unless I don't understand the question, it goes for how much you see it going for on the market board

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh was just curious if it was high or low compared to other data groups

KoB
May 1, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

Oh was just curious if it was high or low compared to other data groups

Check the buy history. Its worth as much as people are willing to pay.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Especially if there's very few other people selling it put it as high as you want, you can always lower it later.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Question from me and my raid group: what happens if O7s rot explodes?

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

BrightWing posted:

Question from me and my raid group: what happens if O7s rot explodes?

60k+ hit to the entire party. Don't let it, essentially.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Is this what my posting is like to the rest of you?

Dear God.

Also you’ll win because the wow client is designed for getting in game faster because it crashes all the fuckin time. You don’t ever have to put in login info.

He's kinda got a point. ACT is a giant pain in the rear end to install/keep running/make not look like poo poo and I'd rather they just either build a DPS meter in, or open up to addons. The toxic elitist shithead crowd is probably already parsing, so I don't think there's a lot of damage to do here.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

He's kinda got a point. ACT is a giant pain in the rear end to install/keep running/make not look like poo poo and I'd rather they just either build a DPS meter in, or open up to addons. The toxic elitist shithead crowd is probably already parsing, so I don't think there's a lot of damage to do here.
I don't think the issue is the top tier, it's all the little idiots mindlessly aping the top tier.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nessus posted:

I don't think the issue is the top tier, it's all the little idiots mindlessly aping the top tier.

I mean I've seen just as many primaddona rage quits in this game as I have any other.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Nessus posted:

This is already an issue because have you tried to get into party finder groups as a unpopular class?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My only problem with ACT is if i run it all the time i end up with dozens of gigs worth of log files.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Elliotw2 posted:

This is already an issue because have you tried to get into party finder groups as a unpopular class?
I've used party finder primarily to tag up with my buddies across servers, so I can't say that I have. I assume this is stuff like people wanting the mathematically optimal SCH/WHM/PLD/DRK BRD/MCH/NIN/SAM class spread to do unsynched Sephirot or something?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Meiteron posted:

60k+ hit to the entire party. Don't let it, essentially.

All I'm hearing is "try shielding through it"

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Nessus posted:

I've used party finder primarily to tag up with my buddies across servers, so I can't say that I have. I assume this is stuff like people wanting the mathematically optimal SCH/WHM/PLD/DRK BRD/MCH/NIN/SAM class spread to do unsynched Sephirot or something?

During the HW anima light grind, I as a PLD got kicked from parties/had people desert the party because clears were taking 20 seconds longer.
Also because often I was a second tank.

I did most of my light grinding at the time in 6-7 tank parties.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Nessus posted:

I see a few pre-assigned meta groups like above, but I see more groups where BLM, SAM, and/or DRK were targeted and removed.

I usually assume the party leader hasn't cleared yet either.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Slap Emote
Is it really necessary to have this emote?
"...slaped...in the face"
Everytime I see that I get wrathful. I know it's just a game, but behind every Char is a real person, and i don't want to be a witness of this mindless Violence.
And from what i have seen, there are almost only male chars who are beating female chars.
You have changed the crouch emote for female miqo'te for a good reason (too sexual), so please, remove the slap emote because of unnecessary violence against female chars.
Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

Slap Emote
Is it really necessary to have this emote?
"...slaped...in the face"
Everytime I see that I get wrathful. I know it's just a game, but behind every Char is a real person, and i don't want to be a witness of this mindless Violence.
And from what i have seen, there are almost only male chars who are beating female chars.
You have changed the crouch emote for female miqo'te for a good reason (too sexual), so please, remove the slap emote because of unnecessary violence against female chars.
Thank you

lol