Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

(I went in a center-right guy and came out a moderate left guy, if that tells you anything).

is this a peyronie's disease joke

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

(I went in a center-right guy and came out a moderate left guy, if that tells you anything).

you're a centrist with bad opinions who stands for nothing

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

The Muppets On PCP posted:

is this a peyronie's disease joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzJj5-lubeM

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

:golfclap:

(I really wish there were a hockey stick smiley)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She is running for Senate as an outsider, she's going to have to handle a lot worse than "uh.. what?" and Neera Tanden slams before this is through if she's to win.
This is 100% true, in the same sense that anyone good who runs for office will also have to handle Sean Hannity making up lies and sourcing Nazi propaganda to smear them, but that doesn't absolve Hannity for his lack of integrity nor does it mean he's not a dishonest gently caress that we as bystanders shouldn't rightfully poo poo on for his antics.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Majorian posted:

:golfclap:

(I really wish there were a hockey stick smiley)

:havlat:

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

I should be shamed. I'm ashamed of that part of my life, and I was definitely punished for it by the people I worked for. But it did teach me some valuable stuff about how the rich operate. (I went in a center-right guy and came out a moderate left guy, if that tells you anything).

Edit: and it was a dumb way to phrase it and a dumb thing to say but the intention was to note that I've worked at the highest levels of multi-national business with the decision makers and saying that 90% of it is consultant grift is colossally dumb. But I got reflexively angry and how I phrased it was also dumb, two wrongs don't make a right and I hurt my own argument, etc. etc. etc.

I'll adjust my original statement down by a LOT but you can't ignore that a lot of business is essentially just graft.

I've had to work around the kid whose dad owns the company to the C-Level who doesn't do anything because he's invested in the company/friends with the CEO to 'stop what critical thing you're doing and do this thing for free for this customer because their cousin or something is a senator' on waaay to many occasions to ever come to the conclusion that the number is under 30%. And this is in the US where only 'a lot' instead of 'the vast majority' of all transactions are facilitated by out and out bribes.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Well,i also worked with the highest eschalons of various multinational companies,and found that most decision makers are actually narcisistic sociopaths high on their own farts who are fully aware they are running personal and/or global scams,on the various goverments,consumers,shareholders,workers or just the populace at large. To be fair ,these where european ceos and cfos and the like so the method they choose to grind everything they touched into fine dust in a botomless quest for money,power or revenge for perceived slights may be slightly diferent from your own experiences.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/959839207253397504

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Well yeah, and... wait a second.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Office Pig posted:

Well yeah, and... wait a second.

He does have "Zionist" in his Twitter profile, so presumably he's one of the "Israel is key to the future of my weird quasi-Christian fanfiction version of the end of the world" types.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/pnehlen/status/960189202439852034

At least he decided to go all in.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I will be honest, "Paul Nehlen becomes an out and out Nazi" is not a plot twist I predicted based on his performance in 2016. I expected him to stay in the more covert Tea Party vein.

I guess the primary will be interesting this year. :stare:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

The replies are people trying to defend Nehlen, great company Wohls been keeping.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
edit: wrong thread

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 9, 2018

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If Hillary Clinton still has breath in her body she's going to run in 2020

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Hollismason posted:

If Hillary Clinton still has breath in her body she's going to run in 2020

Nah.

She knows she has no support left to be the nominee. It would be nothing but an embarrassing defeat.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
HRC has been doing everything a person who is running in 2020 would do, though.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hillary will do far worse in 2020 than Bernie did in 2016 if she even officially runs.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

What do Fox News and the bernout crew have in common? They're both pathologically obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Even now that she's less relevant than she has been since she was 25 years old, still they're obsessed.

Nobody outside of Chappaqua wants HRC to be the Democratic nominee, you can relax now.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't care if she runs or not, I'm just saying...she's giving all the indications that she's running.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trabisnikof posted:

Hillary will do far worse in 2020 than Bernie did in 2016 if she even officially runs.

is about how the hillary rerunx3 would work out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Feb 13, 2018

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Ogmius815 posted:

What do Fox News and the bernout crew have in common? They're both pathologically obsessed with Hillary Clinton. Even now that she's less relevant than she has been since she was 25 years old, still they're obsessed.

Nobody outside of Chappaqua wants HRC to be the Democratic nominee, you can relax now.

It's more that she's making every indication, or just outright saying that she wants to be of import to the process in upcoming races. She's making herself noteworthy here, and it's got nothing to do with people being obsessed over her. She's putting herself out there and by god she needs to catch flak for it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Ogmius815 posted:

please tell us more about burnouts and horseshoe theory. i bet you also think antifa are the real fascists too huh?

SaTaMaS
Apr 18, 2003

Condiv posted:

please tell us more about burnouts and horseshoe theory. i bet you also think antifa are the real fascists too huh?

It's not horseshoe theory, because that implies equal intellectual standing. It's that bernouts mindlessly parrot Fox News and got duped by anti-Clinton Russian propaganda.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SaTaMaS posted:

It's not horseshoe theory, because that implies equal intellectual standing. It's that bernouts mindlessly parrot Fox News and got duped by anti-Clinton Russian propaganda.

And the DNC got duped by pro Hillary propaganda. Either that or she really is super conniving and cut out the competition way beforehand is the only reason for such a small primary.

If the next dem primary isn’t an 8-way knife fight we’re screwed.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

SaTaMaS posted:

like "she is a weak candidate"

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SaTaMaS posted:

Please cite one specific piece of Russian propaganda that you think duped "bernouts".

Reminder: In Jan 2017, 52% of Dems believed that Russia directly tampered with vote tallies, a 100% verifiable conspiracy theory.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SaTaMaS posted:

What propaganda was that specifically?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Transplanting this from Trump thread:

TheScott2K posted:

"Structural barriers" like the person who gets more votes winning primaries, and there being an actual member of the Democratic Party with longtime support from minority communities in the race.

You all still think she and DWS stole it, don't you? Maybe turn that emote you've used three times in the last hour on yourself.

Nope, but I do think Clinton's deeper fundraising network, the fact that the debates were scheduled in a way that put her campaign at an advantage, and things of that nature acted as structural barriers against Sanders' insurgent campaign.

e: lol

JeffersonClay posted:

when leftists lose, it’s all due to the structural barriers. when democrats lose, it’s because they’re bad and everyone hates them. that’s pretty convenient

Given how rarely leftists run in the U.S., thanks in part to the shifting of the Overton Window, yes - this is 100% correct, unironically.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 13, 2018

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i think it's p funny to pretend structural barriers don't exist while the dem party is backing certain candidates over others in primaries. oddly enough, none of the supported candidates are leftist!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Condiv posted:

i think it's p funny to pretend structural barriers don't exist while the dem party is backing certain candidates over others in primaries. oddly enough, none of the supported candidates are leftist!

So what, self funded primaries and party support in the general is what you want?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Grapplejack posted:

So what, self funded primaries and party support in the general is what you want?

if the dccc is going to fund primaries, it should be funding all dem primary participants. the current situation where the dccc is funding their pick even when there isn't an incumbent dem is very clearly an institutional barrier

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The fact that literally every stage of the American political process revolves around raising fistfuls of cash is a structural barrier to literally any worthwhile politics.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
leftist candidates face structural barriers in primary elections. democrats face structural barriers in general elections. it is dishonest to assert structural barriers excuse leftist failures but not democratic failures

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

leftist candidates face structural barriers in primary elections. democrats face structural barriers in general elections. it is dishonest to assert structural barriers excuse leftist failures but not democratic failures

sure. but hillary wasn't taken down by structural barriers, but because she was bad, unliked, and also massively incompetent. happy to help

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
the electoral college is a structural barrier, genius

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

the electoral college is a structural barrier, genius

um, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
the electoral college gives disproportionate weight to votes in low population states, which tend to be white and republican. it’s also inherently gerrymandered, because democrats are concentrated in states like New York and California. if those aren’t structural barriers then nothing is

• Locked thread