Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Where is the commercial for the cheats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
They even went for mostly accurate prop guns & clothing. As WBG pointed out, the biggest inaccuracy is having UAZ & Blazer/Jimmy on same map.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Man what is up with the lag lately?

I wish this game was either less good or not as poo poo

Game has been unplayable for me for the last few days.

I see the plane, screen freezes, end up outside the plane at the map limit, screen freezes, am on ground, screen freezes, dead.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

NmareBfly posted:

The hilarious thing to me in that trailer is someone actually cared enough to build sets and scout spots that looks bit bits from the map. I'm not sure that I've ever seen the attention to detail in a video game commercial.

They have a big budget... Probably more than many movies.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

So I flipped my car in a squad match and ran up behind a guy and started punching him as he shot at my teammates. He stopped shooting and none of my punches did anything, it was like punching nothing. Another squad mate ran up and did the same but as soon as I turned away the guy came back to life and immediately iced us with an M4.

i had a similar thing happen where a guy was half in the ground and invincible, i shot him a million times and he wouldn't die. Then he just disappeared

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The UAV or jeep didn't suddenly launch themselves into orbit, not a lore accurate trailer.

trip9
Feb 15, 2011

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Lower the "Effects" setting to Medium or Low, if you've already done that buy a better compute

I'm having the same issues and I promise it's not computer related. For me it occurs maybe 1/6 of the firefights I get into, and it's basically a guaranteed loss. Very frustrating.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The best detail in the video was somebody getting shot in the pan and not getting hurt by it.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

trip9 posted:

I'm having the same issues and I promise it's not computer related. For me it occurs maybe 1/6 of the firefights I get into, and it's basically a guaranteed loss. Very frustrating.

Do you have any of Nvidia's post processing effects turned on?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Show us a recording of it. Maybe you're just bad?? I can't imagine ever losing firefights that often

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I want to do a cars-only run, but with a submachine gun as backup.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/963092588440911872

Someone translate this for me. Also, there are no UAZ's on Mirimar, WAY TO GO CHINA.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't showcase any of the speed hacks, or shooting through walls. I played a bit this weekend on TPP and was killed by a sniper. Watched through the replay and the guy that killed me was stalking myself and some other guy that were hidden in other buildings. He kept looking in each of our directions even though we were mostly hidden from sight. The kill was clean but he was obviously looking through walls to know our movements.

Neutrino fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 12, 2018

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
My goonsquad did vehicles only but we crate chased and if you got an M249, you could be a side-gunner.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
At the very least it could have ended with someone eating some chicken.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I can't imagine ever losing firefights that often

i can.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Star Man posted:

I want to do a cars-only run, but with a submachine gun as backup.

You do you but that's not "cars only" by definition. Part of the fun is how stupid it gets trying to run people down in small areas when they're armed and you're not.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

willroc7 posted:

My goonsquad did vehicles only but we crate chased and if you got an M249, you could be a side-gunner.

When we've done cars only, we've gone to crates to find people to kill, and if we can taken the crate contents and then ditched them out the window in a field somewhere so people won't find them.

Rules of our "cars only" runs are as follows:

You are allowed to pick up meds, armor, backpack, fuel, but no guns except for pistols - you can use pistols to kill people in a pinch but it's discouraged, they're mainly for taking out car/bike tyres when you're switching vehicles or just to deny them so you can get more road kills.

Smokes and stun grenades are allowed but we haven't really used any yet. Regular grenades are to be used for emergencies only.

You are allowed to pick up guns and other good items so long as you ditch them out the window. Same goes for crate contents. Crates are good to go for though because people leave themselves vulnerable when going for crates.

Also if you're the last one alive out of your squad, you have to stay in your current vehicle until you die or run out of fuel, unless you're in the last ~15 people then you're allowed to do what you like.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 12, 2018

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want to try everyone in a bus and the passengers can shoot all they want but only while the car is in motion.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

When we've done cars only, we've gone to crates to find people to kill, and if we can taken the crate contents and then ditched them out the window in a field somewhere so people won't find them.

You are allowed to pick up meds, armor, backpack, fuel, but no guns except for pistols - you can use pistols to kill people in a pinch but it's discouraged, they're mainly for taking out car/bike tyres when you're switching vehicles or just to deny them so you can get more road kills.

Smokes and stun grenades are allowed but we haven't really used any yet. Regular grenades are to be used for emergencies only.

You are allowed to pick up guns and other good items so long as you ditch them out the window. Same goes for crate contents. Crates are good to go for though because people leave themselves vulnerable when going for crates.

Also if you're the last one alive out of your squad, you have to stay in your current vehicle until you die or run out of fuel, unless you're in the last ~15 people then you're allowed to do what you like.

We follow these exact rules. Initially we didn't even allow for armor and meds but we've changed that.

We have however started putting the crate weapons into the gently caress boy shacks for a nice surprise.

The only additional rule we have: if you're downed and there's little to no chance of rescue, one of us will run you over to deny the enemy the kill.

We, of course, call that "witnessing".

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

if things go wrong early-game in Cars Only, getting into an enemy vehicle and blowing a frag is the most honorable action

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

uniball posted:

if things go wrong early-game in Cars Only, getting into an enemy vehicle and blowing a frag is the most honorable action

You rang?
(turn your volume downish - one of our dudes likes to loudly taunt the locals)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Elman posted:

Actually the all time best is the logitech g9x. You're welcome.

Too bad it costs like $250 nowadays.

Really? I tried to ebay mine last January for $50 and nobody bought it :(

I guess I should try again?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

WhatEvil posted:

I participate with WhatEvil on these and I can say that it is 1000% more fun than playing the actual game. Works better in Erangal than the Miramar.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

You do you but that's not "cars only" by definition. Part of the fun is how stupid it gets trying to run people down in small areas when they're armed and you're not.

I dunno. A car full of people with Thompsons doing drive-bys is pretty loving gangster.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
any time I try to run over a guy in squads I just get blown up

also the game loving crashes all the time and loads take forever now when they didn't before. they broke something

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 13, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Flaggy posted:

I participate with WhatEvil on these and I can say that it is 1000% more fun than playing the actual game. Works better in Erangal than the Miramar.

Yeah we back out of Miramar because the terrain is garbage for it.

Star Man posted:

I dunno. A car full of people with Thompsons doing drive-bys is pretty loving gangster.

You do you man but that's just basically normal pubg to me.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
Yo you Stay Together, you Slay Together, idk what else to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTHa21qB0k

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereExcitedPrariedogGrammarKing

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm coming back around to the SCAR

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

This is the video I threw together of our weekend. It doesn't include the end of the winning round because the dude died to the blue and it was boring, but nonetheless. This was the weekend that put me at #2 for the world for like a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS7mbaWd3lU

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

This is the video I threw together of our weekend. It doesn't include the end of the winning round because the dude died to the blue and it was boring, but nonetheless. This was the weekend that put me at #2 for the world for like a minute.

Do you guys have favorite places to drop for multiple vehicles? In my experience Lipovka is pretty good but then you're all the way on the east side of the map.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Arkangelus posted:

Do you guys have favorite places to drop for multiple vehicles? In my experience Lipovka is pretty good but then you're all the way on the east side of the map.

Invariably we go for the road south center of Erangel. Between Mylta and the intersection south of Pochinki.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:five:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gently caress yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAmD8UJOnl0

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

And here's our "loudly taunts the locals" guy with an example of amazing bikework

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://i.imgur.com/QY834lb.gifv

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

If you honk your horn more the car goes faster

https://clips.twitch.tv/JollyInnocentSrirachaTF2John

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Noice. Yeah we usually honk our horns as we surround a building or drive through a populated area.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I was honking it way faster when I was playing, but the replay only saved half of the honks

Do you know if honking really fast works in game? I hope that's just an artifact of the replay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

I was honking it way faster when I was playing, but the replay only saved half of the honks

Do you know if honking really fast works in game? I hope that's just an artifact of the replay

99% sure it works in game. We usually honk tunes to each other when we drive in different vehicles. Replays never properly show full auto sprays either.