Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

TG-Chrono posted:

Nope, there are plenty of minor sigils in the game as per:
http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Sigil

On no16 I managed to jump and looked up the arrow move and facepalmed. It's finicky for sure but it is no way breaking any established rules or introducing new ones. Just :gitgud:

That is exactly what I said :confused: Well, the first part. The second is objectively not true in this case.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

Wildlands is sort of stupid but it's scratching the right itch right now. Such a nice framework I wish the game was more compelling though.

It looks and plays great it's just marred by the usual dumbshit Ubisoft enemies and mission structure. I they could somehow turn this into a battle royale game I'd play it for 1000 hours.

If you can get some friends to play with, it's the ultimate loving around game.

As for Battle Royale, I could easily see Ubi doing this. Someone mentioned it elsewhere but Ubi says they're making a poo poo ton of money off the 'games as a service' model, so I suspect games like Wildlands, Division, R6, are going to be around a while. Wildlands would be a logical choice to include some sort of PUBG knockoff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They should do it in Skull and Bones tbh

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

veni veni veni posted:

That is exactly what I said :confused: Well, the first part. The second is objectively not true in this case.

Sorry, thought there was confusion about the cracks cause I only stabbed those and made it to the main glyph no worries.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Wildlands would be a logical choice to include some sort of PUBG knockoff.

I was just bouncing between the two and it was real weird. I'd switch from PUBG to Wildlands and it felt like the same game except 10 years in the future, and I'd get all excited until I processed that I was just shooting dopey AI waiting around to get shot in the head.

Still seems like a killer deal at $20. I'm kind of excited to play more. I like crap like this. Hopefully the DLC isn't too good cause I didn't buy it.

TG-Chrono posted:

Sorry, thought there was confusion about the cracks cause I only stabbed those and made it to the main glyph no worries.

I meant that in the case of the last Colossus, there are no minor sigils on his hands, and afaik that's the only place in the game that stabbing an unmarked spot has an effect. It was a goofy argument anyways. Don't worry about it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 13, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

I was just bouncing between the two and it was real weird. I'd switch from PUBG to Wildlands and it felt like the same game except 10 years in the future, and I'd get all excited until I processed that I was just shooting dopey AI waiting around to get shot in the head.

Still seems like a killer deal at $20. I'm kind of excited to play more. I like crap like this. Hopefully the DLC isn't too good cause I didn't buy it.

add me: joedbaker

I could use someone to kill dudes with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

add me: joedbaker

I could use someone to kill dudes with.

Oh poo poo, didn't we play the beta together? PSN is Monostat7. I think you are already on my friends list.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Ueda da GOAT 🐐🐐🐐🐐
If I was playing this for the first time on PS4 I think my brain would have exploded by now

Hi it’s me, the person playing sotc for the first time on PS4. This is the first time I’ve ever used photo mode in a game. It’s all so good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It happened, I pre-ordered the deluxe version of far cry 5 :downsgun:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

nachos posted:

Hi it’s me, the person playing sotc for the first time on PS4. This is the first time I’ve ever used photo mode in a game. It’s all so good.

Photo mode is extremely good, and powerful in all games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

shut up blegum posted:

:sad:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

shut up blegum posted:

:same:

I just wanna shoot white people. I'm tired of shooting brown people in my vidja gamez.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The cult is multiracial and multicultural apparently

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ubisoft walked back the whole white supremacist angle, or else it wasn't really there to begin with and they just played up the connotation for marketing purposes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What else am I supposed to think about a cult of white people with American flags everywhere?

Edit: I mean if they really did walk back from that it’s what I wondered before, if they didn’t have the guts to go through with it in the Trump age.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s still a Christianity-based American cult, I’m sure most of them will be white supremacists anyway.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

At least they bet right on the US being a third-world country by 2018 to preserve continuity.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Secret of Mana remake comes out in Japan in two days but not really feeling it looking at videos and stuff. The graphics didn't need to be made into boring 3D and there were a lot of gameplay changes I would have liked and it looks identical in that respect.

edit: and it has a bunch of generic rear end voice acting.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It was players and gaming journalists that played up the white supremacy angle, not Ubi. They didn't "walk back" anything.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

lol if you can't see the obvious inspiration taken from the Nazi iron cross. Ubi never walked anything back - they know what the cult is supposed to be. White supremacy has been the angle of the cult from the very beginning.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

lol if you can't see the obvious inspiration taken from the Nazi iron cross. Ubi never walked anything back - they know what the cult is supposed to be. White supremacy has been the angle of the cult from the very beginning.

The Iron Cross has nothing to do with the Nazis, it's a Prussian insignia. And is still the current emblem of the German army (Bundeswehr).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lolling if anyone thinks Ubi will do anything to rock the boat and not maximise sales

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fame Douglas posted:

The Iron Cross has nothing to do with the Nazis, it's a Prussian insignia. And is still the current emblem of the German army (Bundeswehr).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

Literally the first loving sentence.

quote:

The Iron Cross (German: About this sound Eisernes Kreuz (help·info), abbreviated EK) was a military decoration in the Kingdom of Prussia, and later in the German Empire (1871–1918) and Nazi Germany (1933–1945).

The Black Cross (Schwarzes Kreuz) is the emblem used by the Prussian Army, and by current German military/civil forces. The Iron Cross was very specifically associated with Nazi Germany. If it truely had nothing to do with Nazi Germany, then theoretically you should be able to fly a flag with it on it. However, modern German law prohibits the production and display of items containing Nazi insignia, and the iron cross is on this list. The West German government authorized replacement Iron Crosses in 1957 with an oak leaf cluster in place of the Hakenkreuz, similar to the Iron Crosses of 1813, 1870, and 1914, which could be worn by World War II Iron Cross recipients.

tl;dr: It's loving Nazi imagery

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 13, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
And even then drawing on Nazi-esque imagery is villainy 101 for these things. That doesn't mean Ubi ever marketed their bad guy as the Trump-era white supremacists people keep going on about.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lolling if anyone thinks Ubi will do anything to rock the boat and not maximise sales

Not even Machine Games rocked the boat. New Collossus was pretty loving toothless overall.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

Not even Machine Games rocked the boat. New Collossus was pretty loving toothless overall.

Eh, I mean they were still Nazis. Did you want BJ to bust into the White House and execute a Ronald Frump?

Why do we need video games to rock this boat specifically?

(Because killing Nazis is a violent fantasy everyone can guiltlessly engage in)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just lol if you ever feel guilt for killing someone in a video game

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh sure, but accusing Ubi of not rocking the boat in this context is pretty weird, given something that does explicitly tackle white supremacy fumbled so badly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh sure, but accusing Ubi of not rocking the boat in this context is pretty weird, given something that does explicitly tackle white supremacy fumbled so badly.

What did Wplfenstein fumble? Do you not kill Nazis in extremely violent ways? Aren’t they hardline antagonists? Isn’t it clear that their portrayal is as totally evil?

What was Wolfenstein supposed to do that they didn’t do, have BJ turn to the camera after every level to monologue about the horrors of fascism?

I just don’t get all these “toothless” claims when the games message about Nazism couldn’t be clearer.

EDIT: Moreover, what needed to be said about Nazis and Fascism that isn’t implicit in the games imagery?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfenstein TNC was handled extremely well and was brutal in it’s parallel to modern day criticisms. The racism was ugly and unpleasant from every angle. They never pulled a punch with it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
For all their posturing in the marketing, Nazis were back in their generic villain mould and the Hot Take on society didn't extend beyond "nazis bad, people sometimes racist".

It was surface level stuff at best.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross

Literally the first loving sentence.

The Black Cross (Schwarzes Kreuz) is the emblem used by the Prussian Army, and by current German military/civil forces. The Iron Cross was very specifically associated with Nazi Germany. If it truely had nothing to do with Nazi Germany, then theoretically you should be able to fly a flag with it on it. However, modern German law prohibits the production and display of items containing Nazi insignia, and the iron cross is on this list. The West German government authorized replacement Iron Crosses in 1957 with an oak leaf cluster in place of the Hakenkreuz, similar to the Iron Crosses of 1813, 1870, and 1914, which could be worn by World War II Iron Cross recipients.

tl;dr: It's loving Nazi imagery

Unless you think modern Germany is using a Nazi insignia for its armed forces, it's not "Nazi imagery".

Did you edit that quote? It's not part of the linked Wikipedia article. Pretty sure the Iron Cross is not prohibited in any way in Germany.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 13, 2018

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

Wolfenstein TNC was handled extremely well and was brutal in it’s parallel to modern day criticisms. The racism was ugly and unpleasant from every angle. They never pulled a punch with it.

Aside from absolutely nothing coming of The God Key or the robots dumped in the lab.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Angela Merkels plane, displaying "Nazi imagery"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aside from absolutely nothing coming of The God Key or the robots dumped in the lab.

Yeah, I guess the first thing is sequel bait. They definitely set it up to be something for the next game. Refresh my memory on the second though, I’m drawing a blank.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah, I guess the first thing is sequel bait. They definitely set it up to be something for the next game. Refresh my memory on the second though, I’m drawing a blank.

there's a bit late-game where a couple of the humanoid robot enemies manage to stow aboard the helicopter and make it onto the sub. You just kill them immediately and Blazkowicz just dumps then in the lab with a "hey, do something with these."

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cult is multiracial and multicultural apparently

That doesn't mean much in America quite honestly. American white supremacists movements absolutely will take in non-whites if they advance the agenda. Richard Spencer has had Asian girlfriends for example. The owner of the The Daily Stormer is Jewish if I'm not mistaken.

There's also the Mormon Church which was super racist, up until it was about to lose tax exempt status from their Universities.

I could absolutely see an American cult being racist, yet multi-cultural, gliding over the contradictions with religion and charisma. It's basically that Sinclair Lewis quote, "When Fascism Comes To America, It Will Be Wrapped in the Flag and carrying a cross."

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

You Americans really get hung up on this poo poo.

Relax and play videogames.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

spudsbuckley posted:

You Americans really get hung up on this poo poo.

Relax and play videogames.
Our country’s in rapid decline unless some kind of miracle happens what do you expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey, Spain is been like that since the 16th century and we don't even care :haw: