Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

They can be friends, but seriously, if you start out wanting a sexual relationship with someone it's probably in your own best interests to not stay for a friendship if they say no. Especially if there isn't a prior friendship.

Yeah it's really this simple. Men and women can absolutely be friends, as long as there aren't unrequited feelings under the table.

When it's as blatant as "I wanted to date this person but got turned down" then of course you don't become friends with them. It's asking for trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Important question is she being vilified by anime haters or jesus haters

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

Fatties getting enraged when friends and family successfully become healthier flies in the face of a lot of their delusions and rationalizations and makes them jealous and angry. I've seen it happen with fat friends who basically get ostracized from their other fat friends because of it. It's really pathetic and reminds me of how the incel "community" will treat someone who finally gets a date.

Certain people, and pockets of the internet in particular, have really perverted the concept of 'being oppressed' into this kind of social currency you can trade and spend amongst the other people who also own 'FatCoin' (tm). When somebody sells off all their stock, it really fucks with the market.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

You missed the other reply where I said to help the sister, but that the relationship will probably be harmed anyway because you can't erase traumatic memories from your brain.

she can help her sister without having to act like nothing happened and ignore her own feelings,

Feelings are for chumps

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Bf [20m] of 13 months and I [23f] talk about women and men and it makes me feel bad and question his behavior/motives/reasoning (and my own reactions/reasoning)

quote:

"Women can't be neets."

Even though women exist as neets. "It is not the same, the philosophy behind it."

What is the difference?

In this one and in other similar situations also, the response is:

1 "I do not feel like explaining."

2 "It is obvious."

3 "What do you think?"

Press that it is not obvious, if it were I would not be asking, if I thought I knew I would not ask, suddenly not wanting to explain is dismissive and avoidant.

Cues laughter.

Why does this make you laugh? This is causing a negative towards me, yet you find it humorous? I do not understand.

"Your reaction is funny."

My being effected negatively is funny?

This happens also with "joke" comments in relation to women that are known to have a negative effect on me. We have had many conversations about me feeling very negatively about being female and that this sort of topic adds greatly to that. Despite being pointed out time and time again, this seems to only add to the incentive to make them. I also do not ever make comments relating to male behaviors/shortcomings.

When asked why he enjoys performing an action thats intent is to elicit negative feelings in me, his reaction is "it's just a joke", "your reaction is funny", "i am trying to desensitize you", etc.

If I continue to press for why he enjoys this, a refusal to talk to me happens. I am not sure his motive here, if it is intended to "punish" or that he just wants to remove himself from conflict (avoidance).

His reasoning for why women cannot be neets:

Traditionally men did the work, provided, and left the home to do so. Women who are neets are not the same, because they have not worked, have not provided, and have always stayed at home. The current culture is irrelevant because "that is a product of the state; a dysfunction."

Then when pointing out the number of female neets, it is because "they followed men". Their rise happened after men's rise, which is to follow men. "Even in politics," he says "They follow men. If I meet a woman with strong political opinions besides tumblr ideas, I just assume she has a boyfriend with strong political opinions." He says he has never met a woman otherwise, but I bear in mind that he is a shut-in that has remained in very male dominated internet spaces like 4chan. But I also bear in mind I have had no strong political opinions and my only curiosity into it has been to understand what he is interested in (alt-right, ancap, etc.)

This is confusing for me. I know there are some differences between men and women, but I cannot accept that they are dependent on a male standard to "copy" or the numerous comments later called "jokes" that revolve around women being "worse" in some particular area.

tl;dr: 4chan redpill mgtow boyfriend makes me sad. Never been in a relationship prior.

Why does he do this? Why does it upset me? Am I biased? Is he biased? Are we fundamentally incompatible? I would especially like insight from men on this!!!
How do you type out the phrase "4chan redpill mgtow boyfriend" and not realize you should sever?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

jon joe posted:

Important question is she being vilified by anime haters or jesus haters

Anime haters, though reading between the lines on that one they're probably more upset that she gave our lord and savior an authentic Palestinian skin tone.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

just knowing what neet means is a red flag (unless you're in/from japan i guess)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

Bf [20m] of 13 months and I [23f] talk about women and men and it makes me feel bad and question his behavior/motives/reasoning (and my own reactions/reasoning)

How do you type out the phrase "4chan redpill mgtow boyfriend" and not realize you should sever?

definitely continue dating the sexist internet guy who deliberately provokes you and disrespects you for his own amusement

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I really want to know how she met this red pill neet dork in the first place

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

girl pants posted:

90% odds online dating

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haifisch posted:

The idiots that unironically bring their internet persona into real life with zero filter are the biggest morons that even their 4chan buddies would laugh at.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Brother Entropy posted:

just knowing what neet means is a red flag (unless you're in/from japan i guess)

Ok whats neet

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Brother Entropy posted:

I dunno, that acronym was in use in political science classes I was taking circa 2002.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

datajugend posted:

Ok whats neet

Not in education, employment, or training.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

girl pants posted:

Her 5 year homeschool reunion.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

They can be friends, but seriously, if you start out wanting a sexual relationship with someone it's probably in your own best interests to not stay for a friendship if they say no. Especially if there isn't a prior friendship.

I told my best friend that I had feelings for him when he started dating a guy, I knew I would be loving miserable watching him be happy with someone else. Luckily it worked and and he dumped the guy for me and we have been together ever since but if he had turned me down I would have been devastated and probably unable to keep the friendship.

edit: Oh and I met him because he is the ex-husband of a guy that I dated for a nano-second, who is now one of both of ours best friends. It's surprisingly not weird, like we go over to his house with his current partner for brunch and meet for drinks practically every week.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 14, 2018

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
She changes his piss pants like hes a baby ffs!
Have some self respect woman!

also:
My [28F] boyfriend 27m of 3 years keeps doing the same "comedy routine" of trying to impersonate my cat.

quote:

I know that's a really weird title, but it's kind of a really weird thing, so...last week something startled the cat and she did this funny jump in surprise. My boyfriend then imitated it, it actually was funny the first couple times and we were laughing.

But ever since then he's now started "copying," for lack of a better word, everything the cat does. He curls up on the couch in the same position as her, he has also tried to perch himself on the back of the couch with his legs and hands tucked under him in that ball position cats do and it just looks ridiculous. He "plays" with the cat toys and scratching post like she does. He sometimes runs on all fours up the stairs.

If he sees she's sleeping he'll lay down nearby and also pretend he's sleeping. He'll stay like that until she gets up, or I nag him to stop because there's like actual adult things he needs to do.

He imitates her meows, and a couple nights ago she started yowling downstairs while we were having sex. Right there in the moment he made the same screeching sound while inside me. It completely ruined the mood for me.

He doesn't do all this like, all day 100% of the time, but maybe half the time the cat does something he'll do it too. If I tell him he's being annoying, he does stop but within a few hours to a day he just does another cat thing. Like a week ago I asked why he's constantly acting like a cat? It's weird and childish? And he said well it's my comedy routine, I'm Catman.

Yeahhhh...

I have told him it's really not funny anymore, it was old after the first 10 times but he keeps doing it.

Now it came to tonight when I walked in to the kitchen to see he'd put his plate on the floor and was eating off it with his mouth, while the cat was eating her dinner the same way.

That was kind of it for me and I snapped at him. I said the cat impressions are seriously annoying, not funny, and plain loving weird at this point. Then he got mad at me for taking it too seriously. He said "I don't get what the big deal is, who cares."

He stomped upstairs where he's been since then. Is there something I'm missing? Is this a typical sort of humor guys have and I just don't "get" it? If he'd done this from day 1 I guess it wouldn't be as weird but he only started a few days ago. He has not listened to a single time I've told him how annoying it's become, he even said "but you thought it was funny." Just because I laughed the first time doesn't mean I wanted.....this!

Am I totally wrong here? Wtf is going on and how do I make him see I'm sick of his constant cat imitations??

TL;DR: My boyfriend is obsessed with copying whatever the cat does. I can't deal with it anymore but he thinks I'm just uptight. So frustrated, just want him to act like a normal person again.

lol

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Bored posted:

According to the app, you don't have pm's, so I gotta poo poo up the thread with serious stuff.

Good on you for making her face actual consequences for her actions. And your SO is awesome for not feeding into her mother's drama.

Unfortunately, my crazy stepmom's kids all believe her lies about me and themselves, somehow. Except for the youngest who has somehow remembers the past abuse of all the girls in the household clearly. Unfortunately, unlike your wife, she has not severed with my father or stepmother so I can't keep in contact with her. I miss little Kate. Sure, she's an adult now, but she's still my little sister, who was hilariously impossible to wake for school, in my head.

I'm super impressed with your wife for being able to not only identify the awfulness of her mom, when she has been raised in that quagmire, but to cut her mom out so that you and the kids don't have to deal with that crap.

I think it was easier for my wife to cut her mom out because they lived with my wife's grandma for twenty years. Her grandma was the one who truly raised her and her mom was more of an abusive psychotic roommate who only parented when it made her look good/made my wife unhappy. Even then, it wasn't until her grandma said she supported a full no-contact on my mother-in-law that my wife fully committed to never speaking to her mom again. She was always worried that her grandma would choose my MiL over my wife which, in hindsight, is ridiculous. It was a harder process than I made it seem.

Parents will gently caress you up, man. "but they're family" is one hell of a toxic phrase. Even when you recognize your family is crazy and toxic, society tells you that it's your responsibility to stay with them. I, in a weird way, hope your stepmom eventually takes it a step too far and it's a wake up call for your sister.

quote:

He says he has never met a woman otherwise, but I bear in mind that he is a shut-in that has remained in very male dominated internet spaces like 4chan

OP should have put this in the title and saved us all some time.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 14, 2018

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

almightyerin posted:

also:
My [28F] boyfriend 27m of 3 years keeps doing the same "comedy routine" of trying to impersonate my cat.

lol

It worked for Larry the Cable Guy. The only danger is that eventually people will just assume he is Catman all the time and he wont be able to stop.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Questions regarding self defence

quote:

Problem:

A small car of kids have been going from house to house in my neighborhood in a car and pie-ing people outside on their porch or on their yard. They have a low car with tinted windows so it’s extremely difficult to see who they are.

Most of my neighborhood are old folks, but there are some kids who are okay with it, and play along. I cannot do this, and I cannot get pied by any means possible because the pies they throw at me cause an allergic reaction of some sort. I’m not gonna go into detail, but generally, I don’t go to sleep that night because I cry Throughout the night. I have politely and aggressively asked them to stop, to no avail. This is in California, in a suburban area.

Question:

I happen to own an airsoft gun. It has all proper safety markings, and everyone in my community knows I have it, and they don’t report me for it unless they have a valid reason which is yet to have happened. I have asked many members of my community if they know the kids, and nobody does.

Would it a completely valid reason to shoot these kids with an airsoft gun in self defence? If they get hurt because of it, would they legally be able to fight it in court?

The airsoft gun fires at around 600 FPS, so it does some damage within 300 feet. Is this legally acceptable to do?

Thanks.

TL:DR: Several Assholes in my area are throwing pies at me, causing somewhat severe allergic reactions. Is it legal, after they throw the pie at me, to shoot them with an airsoft gun?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

I assume this man is insane, the kids arent doing anything, and hell claim they said “you got me” when he guns them down but on the off chance he isnt I recommend killing all of them.

In conclusion, my advice is a land of contrasts

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib

Barudak posted:

I assume this man is insane, the kids arent doing anything, and hell claim they said “you got me” when he guns them down but on the off chance he isnt I recommend killing all of them.

I found the post, and since it wasn't a throwaway account i can tell you the real reason for his stupidity.

He's 17.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
im crying with laughter at the idea of somebody unable to sleep because they're crying from fear of being pied in the face lmfao

thank you

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I parsed that as the allergic reaction causing pain/watery eyes so they couldn't sleep? If it's pure pie fear, that's amazing.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Parents will gently caress you up, man. "but they're family" is one hell of a toxic phrase. Even when you recognize your family is crazy and toxic, society tells you that it's your responsibility to stay with them.

Sack up and stop shirking your responsibilities, boy. :redass:

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

almightyerin posted:

also:

lol

r/relationships: he made the same screeching sound while inside me

:murder:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Barudak posted:

He's shooting them with an airsoft gun, so he isn't even going to seriously hurt them. Even at 600 FPS they're just going to leave with some bloody welts unless he puts out an eye or tooth.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

I suddenly have a nearly impossible to ignore urge, an urge to give someone a wedgie

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skutter posted:

r/relationships: he made the same screeching sound while inside me

:murder:

the gently caress's with people's genitals and screeching in this thread?!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

almightyerin posted:

also:

lol

She's dating Charlie Kelly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Crying all night in fear of a clown gang. This thread continues to deliver.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

almightyerin posted:

also:

lol

I forget who, but some philosopher made the interesting point that it's a significant learning experience for a child when they do something that makes everyone laugh and then they do the same thing over and over but find they don't elicit the same response every time they repeat the same action.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ocean Book posted:

I forget who, but some philosopher made the interesting point that it's a significant learning experience for a child when they do something that makes everyone laugh and then they do the same thing over and over but find they don't elicit the same response every time they repeat the same action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbtcCpWf-w

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I caught my[29F] housemate[31M] stealing my birth control pills, need to have a talk about him moving out.Non-Romantic

quote:

I know this is a bizarre situation, and i am still wondering WTF.

This evening i came into the house from the garden and heard him in my room, it isn't that unusual as we sometimes go into each others rooms to borrow chargers/earphones or the ''house'' laptop or to close windows or whatever. I don't think he heard me coming up the stairs because when i looked into my room he was standing at the dresser with the little ceramic 'box' i keep my pills in open in front of him.

When he noticed me there he looked stunned and i asked him what he was looking for, still assuming it was something innocuous, but he just mumbled ''sorry,nothing'' and shoved what was in his hand back into the box and quickly left past me and into his room. I went to the dresser and saw the packet of pills out of their box, with three pills missing from the packet and they were in the bottom of the box, assuming he just dumped them back in there as i would never leave any loose or 'pre-pop' the blister packet.

What.the.hell? Why would he try and steal these pills? He doesn't use drugs so i can't imagine him taking them thinking they were something else, and he doesn't have a gf or sister or anyone who i could possibly see him taking these for, but that doesn't even make sense as they could just get them from the doctor.

My uncle owns the house, the housemate was a casual acquintance who needed a place to stay and has lived here for just under a year. The tenancy agreement is in my name and we just split all the bills. I can't live with someone who will steal from me, especially not medication. I'm so creeped out by it i don't know how to approach it with him.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Me [25F] with my boyfriend[27M] of 2 years; broke my laptop and won't replace it unless it's with a non-Apple model.Relationships (self.relationships)

quote:

First of all, I'm very much aware that some people aren't fans of Apple products. That's fine, that's dandy, that's their decision to make. I, however, prefer them. I don't tend to use my laptop for more than writing, email, research and surfing the internet. The most important features to me about a laptop is that it's easy to take with me on the go, is familiar for me to use, and can synch with my other devices (especially when I'm writing while traveling and need a quick way to get my iPhone/iPad/Macbook to share information with one another seamlessly). It's what I'm used to, it's what I prefer.

My boyfriend, on the other hand, hates Apple products. He says it's because of the 'hive mind' mentality its users have, and how nothing is customization, etc. They all seem like really superficial reasons, but he feels very strongly about it and complains often.

This past weekend (Sunday night), he broke my Macbook Pro. It had been sitting, open, on the counter in my kitchen when he came by to pick me up for dinner and a night out. I went upstairs to change, and from my room I heard him let out a shout, followed by a crash.

Apparently, he'd been leaning over to read an article I had pulled up on the screen, and accidentally knocked over his glass of water so that it spilled into the keyboard. In his panic, he swung his arm to try and knock the glass away before it spilled, hit the laptop instead, and knocked it to the ground. I'll be able to rescue things from my hard drive, but the screen is hosed and there has definitely been a significant amount of water damage. I'll have to replace it.

Immediately, he offered to replace the laptop...with anything other than an Apple product. It's definitely not a case of money, since the option he pulled up to show me was more expensive than just replacing the model of mine that he ruined. In the moment, I told him thank you but no thank you; I have some savings that I can use and, if worse comes to worst, I can take advantage of a payment plan through Apple. I have excellent credit and no debts other than some low-balance student loans.

This was when he started getting over-the-top annoyed about it: bemoaning about how I would rather 'go into debt' than let him help me, asking why I wouldn't finally switch away from an Apple device now that 'fate stepped in'. It's been a few days, and he won't get off my case about it even though I feel like I should be the one worked up here as I'm the one who lost a rather expensive computer that meant a lot to me.

Am I being unreasonable here? How can I get him to back off and stop complaining, without making him feel like I'm rejecting his offer to help right his mistake? I've already told him that it's my laptop so it's my choice and that I'm happy to replace it without his help, but this is the only thing he's talked about for days and it's grating on me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

I caught my[29F] housemate[31M] stealing my birth control pills, need to have a talk about him moving out.Non-Romantic

He's switching the pills out for fertility pills in the hopes you get horny and desperate enough to gently caress him. Seen it happen a thousand times, very common.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend[27M] of 2 years; broke my laptop and won't replace it unless it's with a non-Apple model.Relationships (self.relationships)

Bitch, you're getting a Dell! didn't have the same ring to it in focus group testing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

maskenfreiheit posted:

What possible redeeming qualities does this lying sack of poo poo have that makes you stay with him? You obviously aren't using him for his money so I hope there's something buried miles deep beneath his fedora'd and sweaty surface.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

*"accidentally" knocks over that object I hate*

"Haha, oh whoops, my bad! I guess I'll have to buy you something I like instead!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Inescapable Duck posted:

Crying all night in fear of a clown gang. This thread continues to deliver.

I mean the post specifically said that it's an allergic reaction so I don't think it's clown fear, as funny as that would be.