Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
goemon on n64 is good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The desert of destitution is where the gloves come off. Cool level, I keep getting owned by the plant dragon thing that chases you

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm getting repeatedly owned in the castle. that skeletal version of you is loving tough.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Awesome game, moving right on to GQII

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hybrid Heaven

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Awesome game, moving right on to GQII

Did you ever find another use for vials other than buying extra lives. I have 99 of em and getting 3 extra lives for it doesnt seem particularly useful

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

sector_corrector posted:

battletanx might actually be completely terrible, but i liked it as a kid
The 2nd one has awesome multiplayer at least.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Did you ever find another use for vials other than buying extra lives. I have 99 of em and getting 3 extra lives for it doesnt seem particularly useful

Nope, buy those lives

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Word of warning: if you kill a boss that has projectiles they can hurt you during the kill animation where you can't move and then you'll die after the boss is done exploding.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Word of warning: if you kill a boss that has projectiles they can hurt you during the kill animation where you can't move and then you'll die after the boss is done exploding.

Lol this happened to me on the dragon tank boss

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Firebrand's great weakness is overconfidence.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've been playing Perfect Dark recently and that might be a good option for N64. There are some crazy guns in it.

I've also always wanted to play Jetforce Gemini but never got around to it.

There's also like Silicon Valley and Rocket: Robot on Wheels for oddball platformers but I have no idea how good they are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jetforce Gemini is fun until they lock the last level behind a banjo tooie sized game spanning item hunt.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
We should play Castlevania 64

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
my advice is to skip n64 and play something good from that era on saturn or playstation instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my second to most recent passcode in GQ was DEMP-FARX

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached uhhh Bargue I think. The guy who sits on a throne and has stones in a circle around him. I still can't time the jumps on the parts with the moving spikes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

my advice is to skip n64 and play something good from that era on saturn or playstation instead

most n64 games are classics that everyones played like mario and oot or multiplayer games

and yeah jet force gemini is sick and then pulls that huge dick move

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
another vote for goemon here

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

most n64 games are classics that everyones played like mario and oot or multiplayer games

jesus christ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
most n64 games are classics is the most insane thing i've ever read

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
most n64 games are hideous pieces of poo poo that have aged horribly outside of a few 1st party games that you can count on one hand. the only thing it has over the virtual boy is it won't permently damage your retina or make you vomit while playing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

most n64 games are classics is the most insane thing i've ever read

i think he worded it in a wierd way and meant to say that most of the games that people would want to play on the n64 theyve already played

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

i think he worded it in a wierd way and meant to say that most of the games that people would want to play on the n64 theyve already played

i don't give a crap!!!! i'm trying to pwn n00bs and troll them to death :awesome::iamafag:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i don't give a crap!!!! i'm trying to pwn n00bs and troll them to death :awesome::iamafag:

Turn your monitor on.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in that giant bomb top 100 games where dk64 is #1 the guy just starts trashing every single game after like #20

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

New entry: Mario Party 3 Story mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The single player duel mode in this is awesome.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

i wasnt aware that was a thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont understand the fight with the guy sitting in the throne, unless theres only a specific shot that damages him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

this is what i meant yea, and even a lot of those classics havent aged well.

i got so spoiled playing starfox 64 on an emulator with crisp graphics and a smooth framerate. a few months ago i played the real game on an n64 at a friend's and it struggles really hard at many points, the entire underwater level runs at 8fps and its a blurry dark mess, I had to laugh when slippy chimes in with "It's beaaaautiful!"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
gargoyles quest is hard to put down

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

gargoyles quest is hard to put down

I haven't started 2 yet actually because I know I won't be able to stop until I'm done

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Starting out with only two lives is rough

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Starting out with only two lives is rough

its hosed that as soon as you get a 3rd hit point things start hitting you for 2hp lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What a cool game. Ill start 2 this weekend probably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THe imp badge should have been for beating the final boss in Level 1 form, but idk if you can actually damage him.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Its brutal that there's no checkpoint before the boss, just at the halfway point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The Ghoul Realm would be a good name for a gender swapped Imp Zone

• Locked thread