Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

ineptmule posted:

I ordered some of those Shapeways ‘Warfaces’ that someone linked to a week or so ago. They arrived today and are streets ahead of the last Shapeways stuff I got, which was grainy and terrible. There is very slight grain on the new prints but it’s almost indistinguishable and I’m hoping it will take Paint well.

I was shocked at the quality, friends were warning me to give the acetone swabs and all kinds of prep but they're flawless, dare say they're above Stauesque's metal heads in quality.

Edit: Speaking of Statuesque, they just released a bunch of lady heads deliberately compatible with Marine kits.

So glad I won't have to gently caress around with greenstuffing necks.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh that is kinda rad.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

SteelMentor posted:

I was shocked at the quality, friends were warning me to give the acetone swabs and all kinds of prep but they're flawless, dare say they're above Stauesque's metal heads in quality.

Edit: Speaking of Statuesque, they just released a bunch of lady heads deliberately compatible with Marine kits.

Holy poo poo those look great. Also Techno Roiders is a great name.

Extremely impressed with the Shapeways stuff. It’s crazy expensive still but these heads are superb. I was severely burned with the last order from them but that was over five years ago.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Originally in response to someone posting a bunch of Death Guard they'd just bought:

Alex there is the manager of his local GW store. Good to see him promoting new products.

He's been previously seen throwing a giant hissy fit at the club whose page I took this from, when one of their members dared suggest that maybe the new Primaris characters were slightly pricer than they'd be willing to pay. I don't think he ever actually attends their club nights or tournaments or anything, he just hangs around on the Facebook so he can sling abuse at people and occasionally darkly threaten to stop "helping" the club (as far as I can tell, he doesn't actually promote them, he just allows people to mention they exist should it come up when they're in the store).

A fine all around representative in the local community.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Ilor posted:

Oh, I'm sure we have shops that could do the work. The automotive and aerospace industries have some ridiculously tight tolerances on some pretty small, fiddly parts. But even if the electronic export laws let GW go that route, they'd still be paying US materials and labor costs to have those master molds made, which I'm guessing is probably more than they're currently paying in the UK.

Labor costs likely ran the manufacturing out of the USA. We start our skilled labor close to 50k not including their annual bonus and they can easily boost that to 70k in less than 3 years. We could do the work in the states but I am really surprised the mini man building hasn’t been outsources to Asia.

Print on demand will probably be a thing one day.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ropes4u posted:

Labor costs likely ran the manufacturing out of the USA. We start our skilled labor close to 50k not including their annual bonus and they can easily boost that to 70k in less than 3 years. We could do the work in the states but I am really surprised the mini man building hasn’t been outsources to Asia.

Print on demand will probably be a thing one day.

I thought the SoB line already was print on demand?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
This thread needs more cadians!

Cadian Hostile environment veterans

Cannonfodder

Painted these mans up over the last week or so, next up is some Kasrkin because i actually read some rules and realized they could deepstrike AND bring 4 special weapons in a squad. that's a lot of 3+ plasma!

Btw, All catachans are now Webstore Exclusives on games-workshop.com, including the plastic kits. I find that interesting.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I really love the depth of those bases, man. Nice job.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Those masked heads are cool. They look different than the forgeworld ones, are they from another company?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

What material did you pick? I've been hesitant to order from shapeways because the black plastic is expensive and I'm terrified of what the frosted might look/paint like.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Booyah- posted:

Those masked heads are cool. They look different than the forgeworld ones, are they from another company?

Nah I'm pretty sure it's the Hostile Environment conversion set:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Cadian-Hostile-Environment-Troops-Conversion-Set

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Thank god. I've been greenstuffing necks on them for mine, and it's a pain in the rear end.

Corrode posted:

Originally in response to someone posting a bunch of Death Guard they'd just bought:

Alex there is the manager of his local GW store. Good to see him promoting new products.

He's been previously seen throwing a giant hissy fit at the club whose page I took this from, when one of their members dared suggest that maybe the new Primaris characters were slightly pricer than they'd be willing to pay. I don't think he ever actually attends their club nights or tournaments or anything, he just hangs around on the Facebook so he can sling abuse at people and occasionally darkly threaten to stop "helping" the club (as far as I can tell, he doesn't actually promote them, he just allows people to mention they exist should it come up when they're in the store).

Yeah, good on him.

Maybe you don't understand why someone building specifically for stomping noobs is bad for business, in a line of business that makes its money on getting people hooked early and being eager to build and play?

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 14, 2018

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Buddy of mine wanted his Harlequin army list critiqued. He is considering getting into the hobby soon and wants to have a solid list before buying his first models:

1000 Point Battalion (996 pts spent)
(2 HQ, 1 Elite, 3 Troop, 3 Heavy Support)

Troupe Master
• Fusion Pistol, Harlequin’s Kiss
• Prismatic Grenades

Shadowseer
• Shuriken Pistol, Mistave
• Hallucinogen Grenades
• Smite, Fog of Dreams

Solitaire

3x Troupes (5-member squads)
• 3x Shuriken Pistol, 2x Fusion Pistol
• 2x Harlequin’s Blade, 3x Harlequin’s Embrace
• Prismatic Grenades

3x Voidweaver
• 2x Shuriken Cannon
• 1x Prismatic Cannon

He will be mainly facing my Death Guard but wanted something well rounded to take on anything that gets thrown his way.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Liquid Communism posted:

Thank god. I've been greenstuffing necks on them for mine, and it's a pain in the rear end.

Yeah, good on him.

Maybe you don't understand why someone building specifically for stomping noobs is bad for business, in a line of business that makes its money on getting people hooked early and being eager to build and play?

Yeah calling paying customers wankers and dickheads is a great look.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

r u gonna call him out or just do ur usual tough guy routine reserved for ppl online?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

r u gonna call him out or just do ur usual tough guy routine reserved for ppl online?

Lol do you have some kind of signal arranged

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
A humble crosspost:

The Sex Cannon posted:

If you've been listening to the Badcast, then you know that I've been threatening to get a new phone for a while now. And if you're not listening to the Badcast, then I suggest you do so.

Well, I got my new phone, and that means model pictures. Here's the Raven Guard I've been working on:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good lord, son. No need to be humble - those are incredible. Nice job! That Captain especially, and that banner.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Sex Cannon posted:

A humble crosspost:
Highlighting black changes a man.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

No wonder that was driving you so crazy. Nice job.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
reporting shots fired in the space barbie thread, over

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lmao

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn. That is, uh, quite the avatar you have there.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

There is nothing at all pathetic about blowing $10 on it over an imaginary internet vendetta, in fact it's very cool and has definitely shown me!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Corrode posted:

There is nothing at all pathetic about blowing $10 on it over an imaginary internet vendetta, in fact it's very cool and has definitely shown me!

Whoever bought you the avatar just got their $10 value right there. You are so extremely unbothered by it you had to let them know.

Before the inevitable accusation, no it wasn't me.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Sex Cannon posted:

A humble crosspost:

God drat those are pretty.

Uroboros posted:

Senpai! How the hell does one fight fire prisms? They cant be tied up, none of my deep strikers can do enough to kill them in one turn when he can give them -1 to hit and they can freely vaporise my anti tank for 2 turns before I can get in range.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

Whatup got angry avatar from 40k thread homie

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
The Australia avatars were so loving weird :laffo:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Corrode posted:

Lol

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

At least it's not an avatar from the eve thread.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

Do we need to call your mother again

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

At least it's not an avatar from the eve thread.

Ohhhh that's where yours came from. I remember a bunch of people got those a few years ago. Some pretty weird poo poo tbh.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Whoever bought you the avatar just got their $10 value right there. You are so extremely unbothered by it you had to let them know.

Before the inevitable accusation, no it wasn't me.

You're not a real shitposter until someone spent $10 on you

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

actually im tough in real life too

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
These are still works in progress and going to be garbage in comparison to other people's work here (excuse lack of proper picture box) :

Another angle:

Just got to get a herald and and that's another part of my blood letter bomb ready.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

panascope posted:

actually im tough in real life too
:same:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Tonight was one of those nights that leaves you so deflated you wonder why you even bother, I got crushed so god damned hard by eldar twice and both games and I just had no way to affect the outcome. They had reapers an autarch 2 fire prisms and a wraithfighter, a clown car full of fusion pistols, a bunch of rangers and guardians for cp and a wave serpent full of wraithblades a warlock and eldrad.

Basically everything in his army could delete any given target in my army while being too tanky or quick to deal with, and fire prisms having 60" range while functionally never failing to hit or wound for 1 cp meant the moment I was in LoS he killed me. He at least had the good grace to feel bad about it.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Artum posted:

Tonight was one of those nights that leaves you so deflated you wonder why you even bother, I got crushed so god damned hard by eldar twice and both games and I just had no way to affect the outcome. They had reapers an autarch 2 fire prisms and a wraithfighter, a clown car full of fusion pistols, a bunch of rangers and guardians for cp and a wave serpent full of wraithblades a warlock and eldrad.

Basically everything in his army could delete any given target in my army while being too tanky or quick to deal with, and fire prisms having 60" range while functionally never failing to hit or wound for 1 cp meant the moment I was in LoS he killed me. He at least had the good grace to feel bad about it.

Eldar are very dam strong at the moment.

Played a game against a fairly chill eldar list and it was a up hill struggle even then. On the plus side, Eldar are due for a heavy nerf batting in March (LVO did not do them favours).

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
shameless cross post

R0ckfish posted:

I finished my toxicrene faster then expected only took 3 days of off and on work, I think having done the one is enough however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Artum posted:

God drat those are pretty.

Senpai! How the hell does one fight fire prisms? They cant be tied up, none of my deep strikers can do enough to kill them in one turn when he can give them -1 to hit and they can freely vaporise my anti tank for 2 turns before I can get in range.

You got me man, have only gotten to play competitive Eldar once in 8th.

What’s the stateline, abilities, etc?

What’s your terrain setup and rules looking like?

If you have something to hide behind a Contemptor Mortis running Quad Lascannon strikes as the most point efficient anti-tank platform Ultras have access to.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 15, 2018