Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Heavy neutrino posted:

Is it weird that my [26F] BF [28M] took a female friend to lunch on Valentine's Day?

It's fine he's just being nice to his single friend that he used to crush on, on Valentine's Day. I mean come on, do you really think that he's claiming to be super busy at work to cover for his meetups with her? That's just utterly farfetched.

Reminds me of that sign I’ve seen people posting on Facebook.

“Roses are red
Violets are blue
If he’s busy on V Day
The side chick is you”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Beachcomber posted:

There are good and pure pranks left in this world.
That could be funny if it were in a lake, or if when the panicked guy started pointing, they looked over to see a cheap blowup pool-toy shark. Imo they were too scared for too long to be good or chill.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

You guys are way too jaded. This is really sweet and I'm glad this father is setting a good example for his daughter for what she should expect from a man. Warm your drat hearts for a moment on the one nice story we've seen in here.

she's going to be loving someone she can call daddy in bed

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I hope my daughters do a little better than someone like me, frankly.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Inescapable Duck posted:

Like, the whole idea of Nice Guy behaviour is literally emulating the exact behaviour of male characters in everything from movies to sitcoms to cartoons, hanging around a girl for up to years silently pining over them until eventually after some wacky action sequence she suddenly realises he's The One and they kiss and either the show ends or they proceed to hang around each other and do not much else interesting for the rest of it because stable relationships are boring.

Some shows are finally starting to move away from that or subvert it, but it's still practically omnipresent.

The Nice Guy stuff is hitting home right now because my 22-year-old stepson is going through some gut-wrenching 22-year-old things with this girl he likes at work, who's apparently just not ready for a relationship. She wants to be "bros" because she's 20 and just got out of a relationship she was in since 16, so understandably she wants time to herself and isn't looking for some thirsty-rear end college boys after her. He's having trouble reconciling the whole "but I really like her and she seems to like me" with "she backed off when I tried to kiss her and says she still wants to hang out/be affectionate but not date anyone". He's a good kid and he'll figure it out, and I've been trying to help where I can, but he's kinda depressed and still holding out hope that she'll change her mind.

It's got to be hard at that age, with constant access to social media and inundation with "BUT IF YOU JUST WAIT IT OUT" TV shows and movies telling them that if they just keep it up the girl will realize you're It and you'll live happily ever after, as opposed to reality, which blatantly tells us that if you keep pushing a girl to "think about it" or "I'll be here" or whatever she's gonna ghost the gently caress out of you because you're that guy that won't take a hint.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

maskenfreiheit posted:

I’m not any of this and still single. :smith:

The only common factor in all of your failed relationships is you. :yayclod:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

tactlessbastard posted:

I hope my daughters do a little better than someone like me, frankly.

:same:

But I think that girl looking up to her cool dad is very heartwarming and sweet too. :3:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

TheKennedys posted:

The Nice Guy stuff is hitting home right now because my 22-year-old stepson is going through some gut-wrenching 22-year-old things with this girl he likes at work, who's apparently just not ready for a relationship. She wants to be "bros" because she's 20 and just got out of a relationship she was in since 16, so understandably she wants time to herself and isn't looking for some thirsty-rear end college boys after her. He's having trouble reconciling the whole "but I really like her and she seems to like me" with "she backed off when I tried to kiss her and says she still wants to hang out/be affectionate but not date anyone". He's a good kid and he'll figure it out, and I've been trying to help where I can, but he's kinda depressed and still holding out hope that she'll change her mind.

It's got to be hard at that age, with constant access to social media and inundation with "BUT IF YOU JUST WAIT IT OUT" TV shows and movies telling them that if they just keep it up the girl will realize you're It and you'll live happily ever after, as opposed to reality, which blatantly tells us that if you keep pushing a girl to "think about it" or "I'll be here" or whatever she's gonna ghost the gently caress out of you because you're that guy that won't take a hint.

The problem is that boys and young men are getting literally no good advice on that front.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also, doing what she wants and being "bros" would also be bad advice

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

There’s a chance she might want to charge some crystals!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Maybe he's holding out for a bro job.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

TheKennedys posted:

Yep that was me at 22.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

loquacius posted:

This is one goon consensus I don't really understand. Just be friends with people whose company you enjoy. You'll grow out of pining like a teenager eventually, which is a lot less lovely than ghosting people who consider you a friend but also don't want to bang you.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

This is one goon consensus I don't really understand. Just be friends with people whose company you enjoy. You'll grow out of pining like a teenager eventually, which is a lot less lovely than ghosting people who consider you a friend but also don't want to bang you.

OTOH some people never grow out of pining like a teenager, which basically just makes an innocent person feel lovely and then it ends up being them that has to end the friendship.
If you think you can't get over someone, or can't watch them have a partner that isn't you, then you absolutely should be the one to gently caress off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pvt.Scott posted:

There’s a chance she might want to charge some crystals!

I have seen references to this before but what is the etymology? What's it referencing exactly because it sounds hilarious

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Not if the kid is so hung up on her that he isn't taking the hint and will still be wanting more. He needs to put distance between them and get over it before an honest friendship can be successful.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Again, the average male has been fed literally nothing but bad relationship advice and examples all their life nowadays, and the most readily accessible self-help sources are literal Pick Up Artists and assorted insane internet rabbit holes.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There's no reason PUAs are more accessible than other non-insane internet sources like Captain Awkward. They're certainly turning to PUAs more, but it's not like it's harder to type in non-psycho URLs.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Pvt.Scott posted:

The only common factor in all of your failed relationships is you. :yayclod:

[extremely incel voice]

no, the common factor is feeemallesss

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I have seen references to this before but what is the etymology? What's it referencing exactly because it sounds hilarious

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Al Borland Corp. posted:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But he doesn't tell us how to get a crystal of our own! Like, are the dimensions important? Does it have to be a specific type of Crystal?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I want to know if there’s extended JO crystal lore. Are there different colors of crystal that have different properties? How does priapism play into this? Does the crystal have to be worn around the neck on a leather thong to be effective? Does the crystal lose power if too many people know about it’s true nature?

E: ^^ goddammit

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i hope jo crystal guy survived hurricane harvey :ohdear:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Caganer posted:

[extremely incel voice]

no, the common factor is feeemallesss

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
If you are looking for guidance on your JO crystal then you are doing it wrong. Just like every JO session, each crystal is unique, and through years of arduous jizzing you'll learn that the power to jack off was inside you the entire time.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Caganer posted:

i hope jo crystal guy survived hurricane harvey :ohdear:

Look in your heart, you know he did

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

his ears are incel quality

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

Look in your heart, you know he did

you mean look into your crystal

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Is it illegal to not drive your kid to school in Wisconsin?
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

So my mom and I got into a fight today, I am 15 if this information helps at all. For whatever reason she thinks that if I am on my phone any longer than 30 minutes I am being in healthy and she thinks she needs to take it.

The problem is her punishment, she decides to make me walk to school. It is 2 miles away I live in Wisconsin where the weather is typically 20 degrees. There is a bus I can take but I was never informed of where it would pick me up and I have no idea where to find it after school.

My questions are:

Is it illegal to not drive your kid to school under these conditions?

If so what are the punishments?

TL;DR Mom flipped out when I wouldn't give my phone back after 30 minutes of use and now she won't drive me to school.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does this count as sexual assault or not? GF refused to let me out of chastity

u/NJPWISSHIT2010

Me and (who I thought was my) girlfriend had this arrangement where she locked me in a chastity cage and would let me out of it at certain times. Yesterday I didn't want to wear it because I wasnt feeling well so after class I found her and said I needed the key to open to it. She said I was being a pussy and just to keep it on for a while longer and then she'd let me out. I said no, that I needed the key right now so she said she'd have to go home to get it. Oh, and we only have one key. So she goes home but messages me saying I should keep it on. At this point I am feeling extremely upset so I go to her house, and her room mates tell me she went out with friends. When I called her to ask WTF she is doing, she said she has the key with her, and she will let me out of it tomorrow. At this point I legit started crying and wanted it off straight away so I had to ask my room mate to drive me to the hospital to have it taken off, while having to tell him that I'm feeling unwell.

I am still angry, hurt, embarrassed, confused. She has tried calling me and left me texts but I didn't respond to her. I don't know what to say to her or do. WTF? what should I do?

Thanks everyone who took the time to comment and ask and offer advice. I think deep down what I want is some closure and for her to know that she did actually hurt me, not just physically but emotionally as well. What I am going to do is write a letter (electronically) and send it to her, then completely cut contact with her immediately after. Secondly, I think indulging in a partners kinks like this one will be off the table for the foreseeable future.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

CheesyDog posted:

I think this is the equivalent of the guys who find out their cuck fetish isn't so much fun IRL but for a different weird fetish

(they probably should have had a safeword or some other way to communicate that no this isn't a fun sexy time game KAREN my dick actually really hurts jesus h)

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Caganer posted:

Is it illegal to not drive your kid to school in Wisconsin?
(self.legaladvice)

Put on a scarf, you whiner.

CheesyDog posted:

What's the point of a chastity belt if you can just ask to have it taken off smh

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
This is why you always put points into lockpicking.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

What's the point of a chastity belt if you can just ask to have it taken off smh

yeah as I understand it the fetish is entirely based around not having control over your own bodily autonomy but it turns out it has a downside in that you don't have control over your own bodily autonomy

The_end
May 17, 2014

tactlessbastard posted:

Put on a scarf, you whiner.

What man does not have a set of pliers that can cut the lock off?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Like yeah, that’s a silly thing and maybe he was the one who initially wanted to do it but later regretted it, but gently caress that piece of poo poo for toying with him when was clearly in distress. If he went to the hospital clearly he wasn’t messing around.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

The_end posted:

What man does not have a set of pliers that can cut the lock off?

The kind that lets another person lock his junk up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

Like yeah, that’s a silly thing and maybe he was the one who initially wanted to do it but later regretted it, but gently caress that piece of poo poo for toying with him when was clearly in distress. If he went to the hospital clearly he wasn’t messing around.

If you show up to the hospital and say "I need help safely removing this medieval torture device which my girlfriend put on me and refuses to take off" they'll probably ask if you want to call the cops for domestic abuse and I can't really argue with them on this one

It's a bad fetish and people shouldn't do it, is what I'm saying

Gonna just go ahead and kinkshame here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

If you show up to the hospital and say "I need help safely removing this medieval torture device which my girlfriend put on me and refuses to take off" they'll probably ask if you want to call the cops for domestic abuse and I can't really argue with them on this one

It's a bad fetish and people shouldn't do it, is what I'm saying

Gonna just go ahead and kinkshame here

Your financially clever kinkster would take his chastity belt problem to a mechanic or locksmith