Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Your financially clever kinkster would take his chastity belt problem to a mechanic or locksmith

Men In Tights wasn't actually a good or funny movie when I tried re-watching it as an adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (27m) best friend and best man (28m) has vowed he's going to say "one ring to rule them all!" when presenting the rings at the alter. My fiancé (26f) has forbidden it. He's going to do it anyways. What do I do?

I know this is a stupid question. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time on it. But I feel like I'm caught between my best friend of 25 years and the woman I love more than anything.

Basically it goes like this, my best friend has said that when the minister asks for my ring he's going to hold it over his head and loudly proclaim "ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!" thinking he's going to get a big laugh. I've told him not to and since we sort of joke with each other every single minute of the day, I know there's nothing I can do to make him not do it and the more I moan about it, the more he's going to seal his position.

Well he got drunk last weekend while we were out and told my fiancé about his plan. She was pretty buzzed and it started out with "Brian please don't that would embarrass the crap out of me." He basically said I know. She started to get more and more scared (and drank more) and basically screamed at him and shook him by his collar and said "Brian goddamnit if you do this I will loving kill you." Which is exactly the reaction Brian was going for.

Well the problem didn't end when everyone sobered up. She's sending him texts with all the reasons he can't embarrass her at her own wedding. He's screencapping the texts and editing them with things like "does she think I care? I want to embarrass her!" and then sends them to me.

I honestly don't know what to do. Brian is going to do this no matter what. If I expel him from the Bridal party he's going to show up in the back of the church and scream it out. But at the same time, I want my fiancé to have her dream wedding and I know LOTR references were never part of the fantasy. But at the same time, I have zero doubts that Brian's joke will bomb horribly and he'll be standing there looking like a fool so maybe the best lesson is just to let him go ahead. But my fiancé may literally get so mad she may run out.

What the hell do I do here?

tl;dr: My best friend wants to yell out "one ring to rule them all!" when he hands my ring to the minister at my wedding. My fiancé has forbidden it but he's going to do it anyways. What do I do?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

loquacius posted:

If you show up to the hospital and say "I need help safely removing this medieval torture device which my girlfriend put on me and refuses to take off" they'll probably ask if you want to call the cops for domestic abuse and I can't really argue with them on this one

It's a bad fetish and people shouldn't do it, is what I'm saying

Gonna just go ahead and kinkshame here

Oh, no arguments here at all, it’s a goddamn silly thing to do to yourself. I just would hope that if I was in serious distress regardless if it’s something I asked to do my significant other would recognize the difference between me in unfun unsexy pain and me playing along with the kink.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CheesyDog posted:

Does this count as sexual assault or not? GF refused to let me out of chastity

u/NJPWISSHIT2010

Me and (who I thought was my) girlfriend had this arrangement where she locked me in a chastity cage and would let me out of it at certain times. Yesterday I didn't want to wear it because I wasnt feeling well so after class I found her and said I needed the key to open to it. She said I was being a pussy and just to keep it on for a while longer and then she'd let me out. I said no, that I needed the key right now so she said she'd have to go home to get it. Oh, and we only have one key. So she goes home but messages me saying I should keep it on. At this point I am feeling extremely upset so I go to her house, and her room mates tell me she went out with friends. When I called her to ask WTF she is doing, she said she has the key with her, and she will let me out of it tomorrow. At this point I legit started crying and wanted it off straight away so I had to ask my room mate to drive me to the hospital to have it taken off, while having to tell him that I'm feeling unwell.

I am still angry, hurt, embarrassed, confused. She has tried calling me and left me texts but I didn't respond to her. I don't know what to say to her or do. WTF? what should I do?

Thanks everyone who took the time to comment and ask and offer advice. I think deep down what I want is some closure and for her to know that she did actually hurt me, not just physically but emotionally as well. What I am going to do is write a letter (electronically) and send it to her, then completely cut contact with her immediately after. Secondly, I think indulging in a partners kinks like this one will be off the table for the foreseeable future.

I want to sympathize with you but you're also a big dumbfuck for engaging in this kind of kink.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Stand next to a bike rack and claim to be a bike, some meth addicts with bolt cutters would snip you free in a second. They might try to take your apart behind some bushes and sell your pieces though, so that's always a risk.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (27m) best friend and best man (28m) has vowed he's going to say "one ring to rule them all!" when presenting the rings at the alter. My fiancé (26f) has forbidden it. He's going to do it anyways. What do I do?

I know this is a stupid question. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time on it. But I feel like I'm caught between my best friend of 25 years and the woman I love more than anything.

Basically it goes like this, my best friend has said that when the minister asks for my ring he's going to hold it over his head and loudly proclaim "ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL!" thinking he's going to get a big laugh. I've told him not to and since we sort of joke with each other every single minute of the day, I know there's nothing I can do to make him not do it and the more I moan about it, the more he's going to seal his position.

Well he got drunk last weekend while we were out and told my fiancé about his plan. She was pretty buzzed and it started out with "Brian please don't that would embarrass the crap out of me." He basically said I know. She started to get more and more scared (and drank more) and basically screamed at him and shook him by his collar and said "Brian goddamnit if you do this I will loving kill you." Which is exactly the reaction Brian was going for.

Well the problem didn't end when everyone sobered up. She's sending him texts with all the reasons he can't embarrass her at her own wedding. He's screencapping the texts and editing them with things like "does she think I care? I want to embarrass her!" and then sends them to me.

I honestly don't know what to do. Brian is going to do this no matter what. If I expel him from the Bridal party he's going to show up in the back of the church and scream it out. But at the same time, I want my fiancé to have her dream wedding and I know LOTR references were never part of the fantasy. But at the same time, I have zero doubts that Brian's joke will bomb horribly and he'll be standing there looking like a fool so maybe the best lesson is just to let him go ahead. But my fiancé may literally get so mad she may run out.

What the hell do I do here?

tl;dr: My best friend wants to yell out "one ring to rule them all!" when he hands my ring to the minister at my wedding. My fiancé has forbidden it but he's going to do it anyways. What do I do?

You either beat the poo poo out of him so he understands the situation or you tell him he isn't the best man anymore and kick his rear end out of the wedding.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Also they're in college, so like, maybe try normal sex for five minutes first

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My guy friend [23M] is offering to pay me [21F] money if I set him up with my single friends. How should I handle this?Dating (self.relationships)

quote:

He and I met recently and don’t know each other well. He said that he’s single and he wants to date someone. he never had a gf before.

He then offered me money if I agreed to set him up with my single friends. Should I do it? How do I tell him that I am creeped out by his demand?

He believes that money will get me to do it. How do I change his mind? He believes that money will get anyone to agree.

TL;DR: (New) guy friend offering to pay me money if I sey him up with my single friends. What should I do?

Caganer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 15, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

Also they're in college, so like, maybe try normal sex for 90 to 120 seconds first

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

You either beat the poo poo out of him so he understands the situation or you tell him he isn't the best man anymore and kick his rear end out of the wedding.

Better than Berth Ell Pup.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

areyoucontagious posted:

Like yeah, that’s a silly thing and maybe he was the one who initially wanted to do it but later regretted it, but gently caress that piece of poo poo for toying with him when was clearly in distress. If he went to the hospital clearly he wasn’t messing around.

It sounds like it was her fetish and he just went along with it. If it isn't a crime it should be.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Admiral Ray posted:

I want to sympathize with you but you're also a big dumbfuck for engaging in this kind of kink.
Does this version of the title make you a bit more sympathetic?
My (18M) GF (29F) refused to let me out of my chastity cage when I wanted to stop.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

My (18M) GF (29F) refused to let me out of my chastity cage when I wanted to stop.

wait is she actually 29 because yikes that detail sure doesn't mix well with the rest of the story

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

If you show up to the hospital and say "I need help safely removing this medieval torture device which my girlfriend put on me and refuses to take off" they'll probably ask if you want to call the cops for domestic abuse and I can't really argue with them on this one

It's a bad fetish and people shouldn't do it, is what I'm saying

Gonna just go ahead and kinkshame here
Yeah there's a lot of kinks that you really can only just play pretend at and that's kind of a good thing. Like, there's a reason why fetish handcuffs always include an emergency release that the person in them can easily get to. Other sorts of bondage gear should have similar stuff imo, but don't always.

The really weird thing is I think chastity belts and cages aren't actually medieval torture devices... like there isn't any credible historical evidence that chastity cages were actually used as a way to ensure faithfulness or virginity, it was just a later invention because people found the idea interesting. It's p much literally always been a kink thing.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Yeah, actually. Still a stupid kink to get involved in.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Take him to a steel foundry to let him live his fantasy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it would be fine if you also had a key, so it was completely voluntary at all times. And so you could, like, piss.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Barudak posted:

Take him to a steel foundry to let him live his fantasy

Yep. Literally just kick him in to a vat of molten steel. Guy sounds pretty irredeemable.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

loquacius posted:

wait is she actually 29 because yikes that detail sure doesn't mix well with the rest of the story

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice that. That's hosed up.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

If that read:

quote:

Does this count as sexual assault or not? BF refused to let me out of chastity

this thread would be :murder: and :sever: all over the place. The guy indulged this lady's kink and she totally abdicated all the responsibilities that come along with it. gently caress her.

That being said, go down to the home improvement place and get some bolt cutters dude. Cheaper and less embarrassing.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm gonna laugh if his plan the whole time was to worry the poo poo out of them and he never planned on shouting it in the first place.

The ring gets delivered, they both glance at him, and he just wipes a fake tear from his eye.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bad Best Man sounds like he just doesn't have good boundaries between Drunken Goof Time and Actual Serious Wedding Requests

I think it should be fine if the guy talks to him with a sufficiently serious face when no alcohol is involved and making it clear that you're serious, you really need to take off that chastity belt right now please

in this metaphor the chastity belt represents unfunny nerd references at inappropriate times

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Best man sounds absolutely insufferable and needs to be removed from his social circle now that he isn't a zany oh so random 15 year old.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hey yo, your best friend is a piece of poo poo and you’re also lovely for not being able to stand up to him. It’s not even a neurotic bridezilla kind of request, it’s a ‘don’t gently caress up something important to us for your own lulz’.

And this guy just goes ‘welp nothing I can do!’. The heck.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

NeuralSpark posted:

If that read:

this thread would be :murder: and :sever: all over the place. The guy indulged this lady's kink and she totally abdicated all the responsibilities that come along with it. gently caress her.

That being said, go down to the home improvement place and get some bolt cutters dude. Cheaper and less embarrassing.
Has anyone been defending her in here?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NeuralSpark posted:

If that read:

Oh I absolutely think he needs to finish ghosting this girl. I'm just saying that he probably shouldn't give admin privileges over his dick to someone who doesn't even deserve read-only access. The fetish is a Bad Idea.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Caganer posted:

My guy friend [23M] is offering to pay me [21F] money if I set him up with my single friends. How should I handle this?Dating (self.relationships)

This lady was just handed an opportunity to make under the table cash and gain valuable career experience as a professional matchmaker and she’s complaining about it. Millennials. :jerkbag:

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

PetraCore posted:

Has anyone been defending her in here?

The immediate response was to make fun of him and a couple said he shouldn't have indulged in her kink.

It took a page for people to say she was a piece of poo poo.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Reading the comments on that chastity belt thing and:

quote:

[–]NJPWISSHIT2010
[S] 157 points 23 hours ago
Yes, when I told her I wanted it to stop I used our safeword, but she didn't acknowledge the fact that I had used it even though she heard me say it clearly several times.

That lady is a real piece of poo poo monster that should :vd:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chaosfirev posted:

The immediate response was to make fun of him and a couple said he shouldn't have indulged in her kink.

It took a page for people to say she was a piece of poo poo.

I was one of the fun-makers and even I was saying fairly quickly that he'd be justified in calling the cops on her

Admiral Ray posted:

Ok yeah the fact that a safeword was established, invoked, and ignored kind of makes it less funny

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

For instance, the other day he held up a hand and said "this would just bore you" while talking to our mutual friend about bitcoin, despite the fact that I work in finance and happen to be extremely interested in discussing it on a deep level.

lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Admiral Ray posted:

Counterpoint, according to the his display name he doesn't like New Japan Pro Wrestling and he deserves everything he gets.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All three were correct opinions

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

loquacius posted:

I was one of the fun-makers and even I was saying fairly quickly that he'd be justified in calling the cops on her

Ok yeah the fact that a safeword was established, invoked, and ignored kind of makes it less funny

Huh. That was the part that finally got me to laugh.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Chastity is a fun kink, but yeah keep a pair of bolt cutters around for when your partner isn't there. Especially with the cheap one because they always break. The lady sounds crazy and I'm glad he dumped her.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Counterpoint, according to the his display name he doesn't like New Japan Pro Wrestling and he deserves everything he gets.

How was it in 2010 though

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ziv Zulander posted:

Chastity is a fun kink, but yeah keep a pair of bolt cutters around for when your partner isn't there. Especially with the cheap one because they always break. The lady sounds crazy and I'm glad he dumped her.

Or a spare key for emergencies yeah. What if he had to go to the hospital for an unrelated injury and they gotta do an image and now there's some metal poo poo locked onto your junk?

Porn is not real life ladies ty!

loquacius posted:

The fetish is a Bad Idea.

nah

It's not all that dire you can just pull out of most of those things anyway.

The issue is just there involve trust things where other people have power over you and they shouldn't abuse it whether sex stuff or not.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 15, 2018

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Admiral Ray posted:

Yep that’s definitely a loving piece of subhuman poo poo right there.

Also nerd best man needs to be culled from the wedding party. I’m thinking it’s a coin flip after that between him realizing he needs to turn his life around and establish boundaries between joking and not joking, and him doubling down on being a persecuted nerd and just going whole MRA hog wild.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Caganer posted:

an incel with money still a dumb gently caress incel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't be a madame imo